ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

^^ alright...Thank you two. I will stay tuned. I ain't bothered by it. It's his home.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a graceland. Other then that. I'm good.

Wow, left for dinner and had alot of catching up to do :lol: Well, it's definately gotten interesting :yes:

Very sad news. I'm quite upset actually, NOT because MJ sold it, But the way this ended. He was forced to sell it, and his one and only private world was destroyed by greedy people.

The fact that other people will have it even makes me more upset, It's MJ's place, he built it and made it the magical place that is.

I just hope that his private belongings doesen't include in the sale.

I just hope that he is happy now with his family and focus on the future.
And like others here have been saying, maybe a new door will open as this one closes???

Wish you the best Michael :)

I agree. I think it's sad because of the circumstances. Michael loved that home, he raised his kids there, he helped a lot of people, fans and his friends went there, he created music there, and it was his home, his refuge from the cruel world. Then it became another thing taken away from him by the cruel people in this world. That is what makes me sad about it. It obviously meant something to him because he did not let it go easily; he hung on for quite a while to it. He must have decided that he wouldn't ever want to go back there or live there again and sold it, and I support his decision. I can't possibly know how he must feel about it, but I can understand that it was not the same to him anymore. I think that is why most people are sad about it or worried about how it's affecting him. I hope he is happy about the decision and knows he did the right thing.

*Edit* Now that I have read all of the thread, I'm kind of confused, lol, but it seems as though he still have some interest in it. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
well this is sad. because if they didnt do it to him i mean the trial and all what they've done to him - he would have stayed there. i remember reading his words about how he loved it etc. he put his soul into it and made it home. a hotel in Vegas or a mansion there wouldnt make something home instantly. his children's childhood belongs to Neverland. This place is so special. but i understand him completely if he doesnt want to come back there and doesnt feel ready to do it. I think this place is also related to the most terrible memories about the trial he has. Plus it is something that he cannot have now. He cannot be the way he wants to be - he cannot help children because they'll put dirt on him and make a target out of him. He cannot live the life he used to live before the trial just because the world doesnt believe in goodness. So the existence of Neverland is loosing sense in this case i suppose. therefore selling it is a good move. A brave one i would say. When you're saying "farewell" to something you loved so much but you have to move on. He can though buy it back for his own children.

Neverland is a history. I only hope that one day Michael will have a home that he will love equally to Neverland

awww im sad in a way that place so special to all of us im sure, but as long as michael is happy
IM HAPPY :)

Ohhh boy....

I've only just now looked at this.... And I am def. not going to read 31 pages of things, so i'll just speak my words and leave it at that.

Sad news for me personally. I've always related Michael to Neverland like people relate Elvis to Graceland. A physical place that had a chance to live on despite the death of the person. Too bad i'll never get the chance to go there now. But despite all the sadness I feel, I know Michael did this for the right reasons. I think we all agree with that. And honestly, if he wasn't planning on living there anymore, then why still keep it. I also like to think of it as another wall brought down in the road to recovery over the last 5 years or so. After 2003, I'm assuming Michael would never think the same about Neverland again anyways. I wish it didn't have to be that way. But God gives us obstacles so we can overcome them and grow closer to Him in the process. And in the end, it was only material possessions anyway, but I do hope all of his personal belongings go to him. I'm sure they do.

On the upside, maybe he will create a new place. Not Neverland II or anything, but at least someplace he can have space to roam with his children. He deserves it after all he has gone through.

I wish only the best for him and his children.

Wow. That's some news to wake up to.

I've always felt like Neverland is apart of Michael and it seemed like a place he put his heart and soul into building. So for that reason I'm a little sad he sold it. But there's a lot of negativity surrounding Neverland. The image of a grown man living in a place with ferris wheels and three houses. It's also, probably for Michael, holds the memory of the god-awful raid that took place in November, 2003 where they absolutely trashed the place looking for "evidence". So on the other hand I'm also kind of glad he's moved on from that part of his life. It'll be nice to see Michael, the fifty-year-old father of three, move into a nicer, dare I say "more normal" house. As his kids grow up they probably don't want to live in a fantasy land either. So this move is good for them too.

I think neverland will always remain a special part of michael
and apart of our lives forever :)

I think neverland will always remain a special part of michael
and apart of our lives forever :)

sorry guys this comp has been dificult!

Last edited:
I dont think that Michael wanted to do that,I feel like he had no choice except selling Neverland. It seems that Michael has sold Neverland for $35,000,000 and this is not the real value of Neveland .
I remember that they estimated the value of Neveland for some thing like $50,000,000 about 3 yaears ago.
IF Michael wanted to sell that he could do that 3 years ago or wait for few years to sell it for it's real value ,Its not the time for selling real state in USA now and it's not what a business man do .

Any way I feel so sorry If he had to do that .

Yeah, it is sad that Neverland is gone because of what it meant to Michael. But at the same time, I don't think Michael can view Neverland in the same way after the trial and everything and he probably realized that he's never going to live there again, and I think if I was him, I wouldn't want to live there again because it probably brings back some terrible memories. It must've been hard for him to give it up, but we've all seen Michael looking pretty happy recently, and I hope he is happy with his decision and while I'm sad that it can never be what it was, I'm glad that Michael is able to let it go and move on.

..Confused cause articles are stating that it is now a joint venture between MJ & the title company.

If so, wouldn't this agreement be good news for MJ, much like Sony ATV (joint venture btwn MJ & Sony)? Would n't this deal mean that he has a way to potentially make money off the property while the title company pays the expenses & up keep ( kinda like how Sony pays the admin expenses for ATV)? If so, better this than to have the house sit without any potential to profit from it.

Yeah, I don't get where it's bad news. Again, he wasn't forced to do this if this is a joint venture.

Because money is money, and emotion is emotion. I'm sure that he's made some sort of astute deal, but some fans are sad/nostalgic because of the REASON Michael has not lived at N/L since the trial. The "home invasions." . . . . .

:no:

Vic

michael is NOT neverland and neverland is NOT michael. he can create his haven in a home that's not thousands of acres...home is where the HEART is and his heart wasn' tthere anymore

Yeah, I don't get where it's bad news. Again, he wasn't forced to do this if this is a joint venture.

Yep! Also just read on Yahoo's main page that MJ also has an interest in /owns a percentage of the title company the property was sold to...hmmmm??!!???:agree:

Where's Rasta... is this yet another chapter of MJ ..Da' Bid'ness Man-nnnn??!!

Well, it seems that MJ transferred the deed to a company that he partially owns. Presumably, that means he can visit the property whenever he likes. Without having more details on the matter, it's difficult to say much else.

I don't know much about real estate operations outside of elementary property law :shurg:

Well, it seems that MJ transferred the deed to a company that he partially owns. Presumably, that means he can visit the property whenever he likes. Without having more details on the matter, it's difficult to say much else.

Hmm..again & true dat to the later.:cheeky:

Michael Jackson gives Neverland to corporation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_ot/michael_jackson

By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer Robert Jablon, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 6 mins ago
AP – This Dec. 22, 1993, file photo shows an aerial view of Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch in Santa Ynez, …

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson has given up title to his Neverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls.
The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owner an entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of the Santa Barbara County clerk-recorder's office said Wednesday.
Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital LLC, according to a person with knowledge of the transaction who was not authorized to speak on the record and requested anonymity.
The person could not say what would become of the 2,500-acre property in the bucolic, oak-studded hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country, 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
A call to an attorney for Jackson, L. Londell McMillan, was not immediately returned Wednesday.
Jackson had gone into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the property and had faced foreclosure before Colony Capital bailed him out earlier this year by purchasing his loan.
Pearson said the deed did not indicate who owns Sycamore.
A listing on the California secretary of state's Web site says the company filed with the state in June. It does not identify its owners, but the company has the same Century City address as Colony Capital LLC.
Colony Capital is a Los Angeles-based real estate investment company run by billionaire Tom Barrack. It owns several properties in Las Vegas, including the Las Vegas Hilton.
The property was called Sycamore Valley Ranch before Jackson bought it in 1988 and began turning it into a miniature amusement park with a zoo, Ferris wheel, roller coaster and other rides.
At the height of his popularity, the superstar invited thousands of children to play on the grounds.
He renamed the ranch after the mythical land of Peter Pan and set about creating the magical childhood experiences he said his career as a child star had denied him.
"It's like stepping into Oz," he once said of Neverland. "Once you come in the gates, the outside world does not exist."
Jackson has struggled to pay his debts since his financial empire began to crumble following his arrest in 2003 on charges that he molested a 13-year-old boy at the ranch. He has not been seen in the Los Olivos area since a jury acquitted him of all charges, and recent aerial photos show the ranch falling into disrepair.

this is o.k to post this shannon i just helping out o.k cause i found more news on neverland i know is bad timeing and bad day for us if we all come together and hold each other hearts will wream up with love and thanks from MJ :) :yes:

here is website:http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b68573_michael_jackson_lets_neverland_fly_away.html

Michael Jackson Lets Neverland Fly Away

The fairy tale is really over now.

Michael Jackson has turned the deed to his financially plagued Neverland Ranch over to a company that he has a partial stake in, effectively ending his reign as the King of the House That Pop Built.

Then again, one could wonder what took so long. Jackson hasn't spent any time at the Los Olivos, Calif., estate he bought in 1988 since being acquitted of child-molestation charges in 2005—crimes he was accused of committing on his 2,500-acre property, which in its heyday featured a working petting zoo, amusement park and various other kid-friendly attractions.

According to paperwork filed Monday with the Santa Barbara County Clerk-Recorder's Office, Neverland's new owner is the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co., LLC.

Jackson nearly lost the whole kit and caboodle to foreclosure in May, but an eleventh-hour reprieve from L.A.-based real estate company Colony Capital, which bought a $23.5 million loan that the Thriller artist had been unable to pay back, saved Neverland from the auction block.

Jackson most recently reared his reclusive head to shoot down reports of an original Jackson 5 reunion, saying that he wishes the best for his brothers but has other creative fish to fry.

"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them," he said through a rep.

"I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon."

The AP report basically said they don't know who own the place through that deed. I don't necessarily think he'll live there again or revive anything in the place tho.

This report from Santa Maria is not too clear if the name of the ranch would be changed or how much it was sold to but neighbors are happy that he's moving out due to some "crazed fans" (alright guys... who's been bothering people's sleep, lol):

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch is sold

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Reported by: Melissa Mecija

The most infamous ranch in Santa Barbara County has been sold. The King of Pop's Neverland Ranch now belongs to a Delaware-based company, but Michael Jackson's interest in his old home may not be over.

Court documents show the property changed hands from Jackson to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC. It is a sigh of relief for neighbors Kathy Sanguinet and Steve Doran.

"The fans have been a bigger problem," Doran said. "He's never been a problem personally."

But is Jackson's involvement really over?

Sources close to the transaction tell Action News Sycamore Valley Ranch Company is a "joint venture" between the King of Pop and Los Angeles based Colony Capital. That source also says Jackson and Colony Capital will continue business projects together.

Jackson's neighbors knew something was up. Sanguinet says she saw moving vans a few weeks back coming from the ranch.

"They just moved up trucks and big vehicles you could see that they were going to haul stuff out, and you could see them hauling out the circus stuff," Sanguinet said.

Speaking of circus, the two will not miss random strangers and devoted fans curious about Jackson's ranch.

"It was never annoying except during the trial, basically when people were driving around and in the driveway turnarounds all day," Doran said.

"I hope that whoever's bought it, like I said, is someone that's going to be quiet. It's not going to be Hollywood anymore," Sanguinet added.

It is the latest chapter in the Jackson drama-over, at least for now.

Late last year, court documents showed Jackson was behind in more than $23 million dollars in payments for the ranch, but Colony Capital helped bail him out.

The source would not reveal exactly how much the ranch was sold for. We called Colony Capital. They have "no comment" on the whole deal.

Jackson has owned the property since the late 1980s. It is not known if the name "Neverland Ranch" will change.

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=9340227

Michael Jackson gives Neverland to corporation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_ot/michael_jackson

By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer Robert Jablon, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 6 mins ago
AP – This Dec. 22, 1993, file photo shows an aerial view of Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch in Santa Ynez, …

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson has given up title to his Neverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls.

The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owner an entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of the Santa Barbara County clerk-recorder's office said Wednesday.

Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital LLC, according to a person with knowledge of the transaction who was not authorized to speak on the record and requested anonymity.

The person could not say what would become of the 2,500-acre property in the bucolic, oak-studded hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country, 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

So we're dealing with ANONYMOUS sources about Michael being in a joint venture? It was never verified? :doh:

We basically don't know and can't assume that there is a joint venture. Any old fan or former employee with connections could have called up the AP and spouted some old nonsense.

I'm going to sit tight and wait for Michael's team to say something. One thing is for certain is that he sold Neverland. I wish him well! :clapping:

So we're dealing with ANONYMOUS sources about Michael being in a joint venture? It was never verified? :doh:

We basically don't know and can't assume that there is a joint venture. Any old fan or former employee with connections could have called up the AP and spouted some old nonsense.

I'm going to sit tight and wait for Michael's team to say something. One thing is for certain is that he sold Neverland. I wish him well! :clapping:

In other words "don't believe what you hear about a joint venture!" :lol:

We basically don't know and can't assume that there is a joint venture. .....I'm going to sit tight and wait for Michael's team to say something. One thing is for certain is that he sold Neverland. I wish him well! :clapping:

If he'll decide to say something! Otherwise & unfortunately all we have to rely upon is the media:evil:

N-no way will they ever admit/refer to any situation as a win/win for MJ (even if it's so).

My only hope is that whatever deal he struck will mean that he'll never have to pay tax dollars to a government that ignored his rights ( both human & civil):2cents:

You know what, it's just property! If Michael's ok with it then so am I. There are way too many imortant things in life to worry about than a piece of property that he hasn't occuped since 2005.

In other words "don't believe what you hear about a joint venture!" :lol:

No it's not that but I was under the impression that this information was verified. It would be very gangsta if Michael pulled off selling his own property back to himself and then making a profit! :lol:

Back