Anyone else not excited, rather sad about This Is It movie?

The thing that upsets me the most, is Sony aren't really marketing it as a tribute to Michael, in my opinion. They are marketing it like it's a friggin blockbuster, one that we have just been DYING to see.

To me, it's "holy shit, look at the footage we've scored, and look how much money we're going to make from it" There's nothing about This Is It which feels like a tribute to Michael. It's an exploitation of his death.

I feel like a hypocrite, because I want to see it - eventually - I want to see what he created and I want to see footage of him, because i want to see him. Period, I just want to see him.

But I don't want to watch it now, not at a cinema, not so soon after his death. Not so Sony can cash in on him not being here.

that's what I am not liking about it, it's not a comfort film. It's a hollywood scoop.

this is very sad because this is the last thing we ever see from mj ...new anyway :(

I just can't deal with ppl who want to turn back to normal... be crazy and excited about Michael only... and saying they wanna keep his legacy this way. This is not a reproach... it's ok to me ppl do... but I'm not feeling part of it... I don't even want.

Noone is still taking responsibility.

It's frusterating me honestly. I'd rather have no show, no movie and no trailer and all that and therefore Michael Jackson still alive.

Noone is still responsible for the huge loss we've suffered.
Hey let's go back to as if nothing happened? Be positive?

I can only say I am not that way... not that far?

I mean... gosh something went so wrong!!! Michael is not with us anymore!

Well I can only repeat... I'll not support aeg nor Sony with my money not before things do not add up for me. and if that means I'll never see this movie then be it. But before noone at least admitts... yes it was us... we have a part in this... we are responsible... I simply can not accept this behavior of ppl like Kenny, like Randy Philips, like Frank DiLeo.

Michael was killed. He wasn't just dying just passing.

I just feel this now is all intended... to still go for the money.

Ppl do feed Michaelmania for that they will get money and for that interest in what really happened and why will fade. They want the old consuming and not questioning behavior and they will get it.

Just not with me.

Are those ppl already looking for the next star to wrench money out, no matter what? When will they be sad about the next death but then just go on making money?
Something was soooo wrong but ppl do act as if they have no part in it, ppl act as if they haven't done anything wrong, so they will just go on doing the same???

Honestly no reproach to anyone who wants and needs this movie and all that... I do understand really. I just can feel close to Michael without that. I'm just lucky I've seen Michael live several times... it's different to have such precious memories already in my heart I guess. I don't even really feel the need to see that movie at all. But I have so much understanding for fans who feel so emotionally addicted to everything which comes from Michael.

Just to me this feels wrong this time because this is not coming from Michael anymore... he is dead.

Even I feel responsible. I would like to ask forgiveness from the three kids and Katherine and the family. I honestly could have known better. No I didn't kill Michael. And my personal part in this is so tiny small cuz of possibilities really to do something about it to make that change... my part is maybe almost not to recognize but I do feel responsibility. Me being so crazy about the shows to come... I was worried, I thought oh gosh how is he supposed to do this... but I pushed it away for just being happy and crazy... gosh Michaelmania is the most wonderful one could get infected with... well as long as he was alive... this is really it for me. I will not go back to consuming him even in death, at least not the way no matter what.

I just feel too bad still towards Sony and also towards AEG. And this will last until ppl who also will earn money with Michael are able to admit that they did something wrong.

Mechi, thank you for writing down your feelings. I'm a big supporter of your opinion about the TII-Movie. I can relate to every line you wrote. That's what I've tried to say in this thread before.

Michael has been robbed of his life in the most spetecular way. He isn't able to enjoy the evening of his life, anymore. Since he was a child, he had worked so hard for it.
It's so sad!

The TII-Tour was Michael's chance to show the world what he's really about.
But the TII-Movie is footage the world wasn't supposed to see. Sometimes it seems to me that we get the TII-Movie in exchange for Michael's death. But the TII-Movie won't soothe me. First I need closure in Michael's case of death.

this is very sad because this is the last thing we ever see from mj ...new anyway :(

i know..............to me it just felt cruel seeing the trailer.......like here's what you would have seen............felt more like adding salt to the wound than a tribute
:no:

I think this is the only section that I can visit these days, where people feel the same as I do. All the others are excited and I don't understand how they can be... no I am not and I am not seeing TII.

same here, i visit this section regularly,the other sections i used to go in all the time .................

too difficult at the moment to be in my old fave sections like the pictures

So, I finally saw the trailer. I hadn't planned on it, they were talking about Michael on tv, and they played it. I thought I should leave the room, I thought it would make me sad.

But I don't know what to feel after seeing it. I feel so sad, that this looked like possibly the most amazing stage show he was ever to present to his fans, but the fact that he didn't get to share it, tears me up inside.

I loved seeing him, watching him, hearing him make little beats and things, it made me feel a little warm inside.

Then it ended.....and I felt empty. I felt awful. I felt dead.

It made dealing with Michael's death twice as hard. Part of me wishes I never saw it :cry:

He looked so happy, so alive, so beautiful.

Why isn't he still here :cry:

So, I finally saw the trailer. I hadn't planned on it, they were talking about Michael on tv, and they played it. I thought I should leave the room, I thought it would make me sad.

But I don't know what to feel after seeing it. I feel so sad, that this looked like possibly the most amazing stage show he was ever to present to his fans, but the fact that he didn't get to share it, tears me up inside.

I loved seeing him, watching him, hearing him make little beats and things, it made me feel a little warm inside.

Then it ended.....and I felt empty. I felt awful. I felt dead.

It made dealing with Michael's death twice as hard. Part of me wishes I never saw it :cry:

He looked so happy, so alive, so beautiful.

Why isn't he still here :cry:

i totally agree. when i saw the promo the first time on VMA i cried and felt so empty, sad, and took me back to how i felt 6/25 7/7 8/3 ..... then I started going back to a question that will never have an adequate answer.. WHY???

nothing is giving me solace right now. it is very difficult to find closure with this loss and the pain and grief is unbearable at times. :doh:

**hugs** to you:better:

I've been going back and worth with my feelings of This Is It. I have never really been particularly excited about it but I've watched the trailer and other publicized clips. I loved seeing Michael rehearse and I'll say the trailer was very well put together. The overriding feeling is sadness and emptiness: why?? I found out This Is It will indeed be shown in a theatre close enough for me to get there with ease. But I have decided now that I will not go to see it. I'm sure I end up reading some news coverage, like reviews. I know the movie is too much for me to see. I also won't be buying the DVD. There's a tiny part of me that wants to see it but I know it's too hard. I can't watch so much footage of his final moments (days/weeks/months whatever) in this life. It's unfair! Michael should be here enjoying his comeback in person! :cry:

**hugs** to you:better:

Aww, thanks *hugs*

I just realised what hurts the most about this trailer, it's almost like them showing us, it's like "proof" that he's actually gone or something?? I know that sounds stupid, but when I saw the trailer, after it was like, I dont know....it still fills like a hollywood scoop story that Sony are cashing in on :(

I don't think seeing it will make anything any easier. It's like watching Michael's life be robbed of him or something :cry:

:cry:

^ me too, when I first heard about it I felt outrage ... marketing ... cashing in ..

I feel terrible. And it's hard to put this into words.

This is not right. When I saw the trailer, it just hit me so hard once more - what we've lost...what could have been...

I will go and see it if I can.
Because it's Michael...you know? It's always been like that - when I saw Michael, even just a poster on the wall in the music store, I'd always stop and stare, even if only for a second.
I'd stay up all night to watch some crap show because I knew there was going to be 1 minute of Michael at the end of it...
If there was Michael, I had to be there...
It's Michael. I can't NOT go.

But this isn't right. It isn't exciting. This is not IT. Never will be.

I'm overwhelmed, I'm sad, I'm dreading the moment I'm gonna be in this theatre, watching... Knowing - never again... I'm dreading the flow of old memories still so alive in my heart.

I'm planning on going alone. I doubt I'd be able to stand any company.

It's so wrong...

I just don't know what to do anymore, who I am, what I stand for.

I miss Michael so much. I don't want new music, I don't want new shows, I don't want 100 hours of footage, I don't want This Is It that's not really it, I don't want anything from him, I just want HIM to be again.

I just want Michael back... :(

Sorry for the rant, guys. I'm just so lost...

Never apologise for saying how you feel Fluffy Oz :)

I know how you feel, I think we all do.

There's something about the film that makes me not want to see it, and I know its what the whole thing stands for.

But like you, is IS Michael, and I would stay up all night if there was a glimpse of him on tv, or whatever.

But I still don't think I can go see it, I almost feel guilty at the thought or something. I don't want to enjoy something he was robbed of - his music, his dance, his legacy, his life. HIM. As much as I just want to see him, I don't think I can see it in this way.

It's not right that he isn't here, I keep saying that in this forum, but its really not right. It's not right at all :cry:

He needs to be here, the world feels empty without him.

Never apologise for saying how you feel Fluffy Oz :)

I know how you feel, I think we all do.

There's something about the film that makes me not want to see it, and I know its what the whole thing stands for.

But like you, is IS Michael, and I would stay up all night if there was a glimpse of him on tv, or whatever.

But I still don't think I can go see it, I almost feel guilty at the thought or something. I don't want to enjoy something he was robbed of - his music, his dance, his legacy, his life. HIM. As much as I just want to see him, I don't think I can see it in this way.

It's not right that he isn't here, I keep saying that in this forum, but its really not right. It's not right at all :cry:

He needs to be here, the world feels empty without him.

:hug:

i wont be seeing the movie at the cinema. its still too raw and emotional.

I'm terrified of watching it in the theater, LOL. I'll most likely just wait till it comes out on DVD and buy it... Then curl myself up in my lil' blanky, and bawl like a baby for the next few days. :baby:

I'm not that excited about This Is It at the moment, but at least Michael's work won't go to waste. A family friend is a professional dancer who knows quite a few of Mike's performers and she said that Michael was amazing - I'm pleased that we'll have the chance to see it.

I'm not that excited about This Is It at the moment, but at least Michael's work won't go to waste. A family friend is a professional dancer who knows quite a few of Mike's performers and she said that Michael was amazing - I'm pleased that we'll have the chance to see it.

I would have loved to have seen him dance in a rehearsal, in the flesh - in any era (particuarly Bad!) Would have loved to see him create things, master them. Your freind's freind is lucky!

lol so nobody will go see the movie?
that sucks. everyone will think its a bad movie and noone cares about MJ anymore..
=(

I dont know wat to do i am pretty messed up in the head with everything and it is to raw and way to emotional for me as nothing has sunk in about wat has happen, just seems like im in another world :cry: it so hard to exsplain but then it was michaels dream to be in a movie or at least at the pictures,so i dont know wat to do as i love michael so much, i feel like im being so torn as if i dont go does that mean i am any less of a fan??i know without a doubt if i go i will brakedown as that is how i have been since it happen grrrr argggg i so dont know what to do :boohoo: its to hard :cry: x

I'm kind of torn between wanting to see this and skipping it. But whichever way I wind up going with this, my feelings will be the same. I am still very sad and angry because Michael should be alive right now. I might just wait till it comes out on DVD. And even then, I don't know. All I do know is that Michael is gone. And there was absolutely no reason for that.

Last edited:
I feel very uneasy about all of this. The past week I've had emails about a new song, a new album, an exhibition and details on tickets for the film yet I just feel so empty cause none of this brings him back.

Im far from excited and more apprehensive that right before our eyes we wont see the same Michael we remember. I worry that this is nothing more than an opportunity to make money for the estate (and others) and that we will literally see Michael deteriorate in front of us. To know that it all contributed to him now not being here, and never coming back just wont ever make me feel truly joyous at what looks like an amazing show.

I won't be seeing it period , I remember when he first announce the tour I wasn't interested for some reason.I had a feeling he wasn't going to be able to do the tour but I was still rooting for him.But I have no interest in the movie the movie is not anything to get excited about . It's not a happy event.I can understand if you brought tickets and this is a chance to see what you missed. But in general I'm not interested in this movie .Give me the old tours truimph, victory and bad and i'll be happy

I'm absolutely torn. Because of all the following reasons.

This is the last project MJ worked on, and he wanted us to see it.

He did not want us to see it this way.

Seeing the film would be a good way, although painful, to celebrate the man.

Seeing the film would also make me very sad to think he's no longer here because of other(s).

I never saw him live, and seeing him on the big screen would be the closest thing to it.

There has been no justice for MJ as of yet.

I do not want to line the pockets of people who may have been responsible for his death.

The info posted by Victoria83 in the Investigative section about Anschutz owning all those theatres creeps me out. So much shadiness regarding this film and surrounding MJ's death.

The feeling that they are profiting from the timing of this film so soon after MJ's death is disturbing.

I want to see the movie. But feel terribly guilty and selfish.

There is no proof as yet of these conspiracy theories.

No doctor can be that stupid.

I have nightmarish visions of some goon hired by one of these shady people sneaking into MJ's room while Murray was on the phone or whatever, and topping off MJ's IV bag. (sorry for that imagery)

Seeing the film would give me a glimpse of what condition MJ was in.

The film will have been edited to put MJ in the most positive light possible only anyway.

How can I go with a clear conscience?

These, and other things, are what are going through my mind.

Back and forth I go....

I'm absolutely torn. Because of all the following reasons.

This is the last project MJ worked on, and he wanted us to see it.

He did not want us to see it this way.

Seeing the film would be a good way, although painful, to celebrate the man.

Seeing the film would also make me very sad to think he's no longer here because of other(s).

I never saw him live, and seeing him on the big screen would be the closest thing to it.

There has been no justice for MJ as of yet.

I do not want to line the pockets of people who may have been responsible for his death.

The info posted by Victoria83 in the Investigative section about Anschutz owning all those theatres creeps me out. So much shadiness regarding this film and surrounding MJ's death.

The feeling that they are profiting from the timing of this film so soon after MJ's death is disturbing.

I want to see the movie. But feel terribly guilty and selfish.

There is no proof as yet of these conspiracy theories.

No doctor can be that stupid.

I have nightmarish visions of some goon hired by one of these shady people sneaking into MJ's room while Murray was on the phone or whatever, and topping off MJ's IV bag. (sorry for that imagery)

Seeing the film would give me a glimpse of what condition MJ was in.

The film will have been edited to put MJ in the most positive light possible only anyway.

How can I go with a clear conscience?

These, and other things, are what are going through my mind.

Back and forth I go....
i think you are giveing yourself to much burden. i understand your point but remember that Kat has already approved the movie. if anyone should be guilty, it should dr. death.

lol so nobody will go see the movie?
that sucks. everyone will think its a bad movie and noone cares about MJ anymore..
=(

We all care about Michael too much, that's why we aren't excited about the movie.

Michael's death was not accidental, athough there is no solid proof of who etc, I still have my feelings about it - but won't go into it on this thread.

Not wanting to see this movie is not disrespecting Michael, making the movie itself to release it they way they are releasing it is disrespectful enough. it's a money maker - anyone can see that.

I care far too much about Michael to be excited about something that is practically exploiting his death. That's what it feels like to me.

I can't wait for it, it is probably our last chance ever to see michael on the big screen and i want to make it as succesful an event as possible,i never seen moonwalker in the cinema so this will be my first and last, it's going to be shown at 4am here on the 28th, roll on.

i think you are giveing yourself to much burden. i understand your point but remember that Kat has already approved the movie. if anyone should be guilty, it should dr. death.
Thanks Pascal. It's a moral dilemma for me. I need to be able to have some positivity in my life, and I'm finding it difficult. Trying to make this decision isn't helping. I'll keep going around in circles; hopefully I can resolve it one way or the other soon.

Back