As A Fan,What Is More Important To You ??

MJJChichi

Proud Member
Hello Everyone !!

First, I would like to say to the membership, that I appreciate the respect level you are working to maintain. With that standard in mind, there is a question(s) I would like to put to you all.

We are all eager to see and hear Michael Jackson again. Having been musically absent for quite some time, many have become stuck in a time warp, when they think of Michael Jackson & his sound. Some fans have a vision of Michael's future. Others are just, plain tired of waiting.

As a Fan Community, what we are faced with, is several groups with very different view points of what Michael Jackson's "comeback" should encompass. 'Many', are hoping for their version of Michael, to return to them. 'Some' have very strong opinions on what Michael should do, to ensure the most hailed return. 'Others' are saying, "I been waiting all this time ... the next CD better be good or else."

Whatever category you fit into the best (myself, I am a combo of all three), what is more important.... Michael finally returning with his own vision of that return and releasing new material ?? Or is it imperative, that he return in a manner that you see it best for him/you ?? Is his return enough, or must he live up to our collective expectations to succeed ??

In a nutshell ...
Do we want Michael Jackson back ?? Or would we rather have the version of him, that we have created in our minds ??

Last edited:
Interesting question. I don't think the catagories are distinct enough though, I'm a combination of all 3 too. I'd like him to return to the top, I have a vision of how I'd like him to achieve that, and I'm tired of waiting so anything would be better than nothing. Michael's hardcore fans guarentee sales and will support him whatever he does so he can't fail in some respects.

Although I'm happy for Michael to do his own thing, I'm not convinced he really has a realistic vision. He's a middle aged guy, with kids and 2 marriages behind him, not to mention various allegations. I think he needs to change with the times in some ways. I don't have all the answers but I think songs about going clubbing and chasing girls is not what Michael Jackson is about in 2008.

Do I want MJ back???!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And in my opinion he should "come back" in whatever way he sees suitable. Who am I to tell MICHAEL JACKSON what to do and how to "come back". Michael himself is smart enough, he didn't make it so far in the business because of his FANS telling him what he should do. The only "wish" I have....and that really is the only one....is that he'll still make music and music videos and do a performance here and there. I know he doesn't want to tour and all that....but gosh....if I could see him on stage even just one more time....I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! Bring back the "gold pants", Mike! ;) :kickass: :lol: No seriously....besides looking hot....Michael really is MAGIC on stage....there is no other artist who has that kind of charisma and talent....It woudl be SO AWESOME to get to see him perform again. EVen if it was just a taped TV show....I'd be happy with ANYTHING I can get at this point!! I just wanna SEE HIM ON STAGE AGAIN!! :yes:

I would be happy with anything he does. Of course I have my favourite album, era etc and of course I also have my wishlist of what I would like to see him do, I'm even a bit nervous about whom he might be working with at the moment but at the end of the day his music has never disappointed me no matter which direction he's taken it in. I'm therefore pretty sure that I will enjoy whatever he's going to do next.

Strange topic chichi and I hope will all my heart it will not seperate us in categories 'against' eachother (again).

Non of yours is fitting for me so far but I'll respectfully open one myself as I don't want this thread to die and you feel ignored! *giggle*

So I belong into the category I can live with whatever will come.
I love Michael for what he has given us already. I'll never get tired to go again back into old stuff and notice something completely new what I've never noticed yet.
May it be a new meaning I seem to get in a poem of 'dancing a dream'... may it be something in one of his songs which seems to be a 'giggle'.
I love to go back reading again and I love to go back listen again and I love to go back to watch again what I've watched on the dvds I have etc.
It is already soooo much!!!

Now as it looks there's something new to happen soon as so many and not only Michaels camp and him is talking about it anymore I just get so nicely excited!
Depends... but sometimes I can't wait and flip over cuz this happiness BEFORE while knowing there will be something is wonderful... that might seems as impatience... but it's more I'm enjoying already knowing there will be something new.

When there will finally something new then I'll be more in a fever... a very enjoyable fever... but it will maybe look 'sick' to some ppl lol nicely sick of cuz!!!! and maybe annoyingly sick!!! lol but then we know me... who cares! lol

so that's me, what about you?

hey !! where'd my thread go to ?!?!

:ranting:
..... ooooh snap, i done moderated myself :hysterical:

I hope not either Mechi :)

However, the fact is, we are separated into groups of different thinking. I am hoping to create acknowledgement of these differences. Facing our own personal expectations, we can begin to understand our differing opinions a little bit better. Possibly bringing the realization that, we are all in this together.

Last edited:
I can wait cause I expect quality. Important is that he is ABLE to return, after all he went through. And he can't satisfy every person, no matter how hard he tries. If I would be the disappointed one (would be the first time), well I dunno...it would be hard for me, cause he is my only hope musically. But he can't save the industry eternal (he seldom hears a thank you for it, I mean except from the fans). There should be someone else with that star quality. Michael has done so brilliant work and I'm grateful, proud and honoured to live on this earth with him.

As Super Legacy Defender, I would like Michael to return with an album that silences all the naysayers. But as Nancii - someone who appreciates Michael Jackson's ART - I am just excited to see where his creativity has taken him.

I feel that Michael has provided a body of work that I am happy with. If he does not release any new music I will be disappointed but I have more than enough to satisfy me.

Either you are a fan of his creativity and music or not. He is the one with the musical creativeness. I want to see, hear, and feel that creativeness coming from him -- not fans. Supporting him is about him and not about fans.

It really is quite simple: If he puts out music that someone doesn't like, then that person can walk away from it and listen to that which he or she does like.

The creativity and artistry is, in reality, all about him and comes from him. Why would anyone not want to see it in reality versus fantasy? And if one only wants a thought up version of Michael Jackson and/or his music, that is fine. But, know that in reality so that there is no disappointment, Michael Jackson has never indicated that he intends to appease such a person.

This is a great question. :)

My overall feeling on this, is;

1. I would love to see something new and ground-breaking for Michael to release, one that allows him to show his many different past musical styles and influences, and gives him the opportunity to expetiment with today's work.

2. My theory is, as long as he himself is pleased with his work, and feels that he's done the best that he can, then I guess that's fine with me. I don't really have a great desire to see him hit number one again....for four or five months in a row, my only wish is that what he does put out is of his recent work, and that it does transend and cover all of his musical limits. As long as he enjoys creating it and sharing it with all of us, that brings joy and inspiration to me. :wub:

Not to in depth there but I hope it answered your question Chi Chi. Good question at that too. :clapping::cheeky:

F**K it, all i say is bring it on Mike! dont be an idiot and involve to many people on one album, just do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WORLD RECORD FOR MOST !!!!!!! IN ONE POST FOR ME!!!!)

hmm intresting subject i fall into all 3 which chichi mentiond so i aint really that fussed what method he decideds to chose for his comeback either way will be fine

I am quite satisfied with what MJ has already done. I have enough to last me a lifetime. I go to utube and get my fill. I also enjoy listening to tribute artist honour the man.
I am very happy with the stage that MJ is at right now. I feel that he has made tremendous progress. I can't respect him enough. I don't know how he has made it through and still stand tall. I don't want to see him hurt any more. I want to see him protected from all that pain.
I believe his work will live long after he is gone and will continue to affect each and every generation.
If MJ decides to do anymore music for the public, I hope that it will be recieved with love and satisfaction, cause I don't know what more he can do.
All I look forward to now is to see his beautiful kids grow up and stand by his side to help hold him up. I can't wait till they are grown, they are going to be a force to be recond with. I just feel it. God bless you MJ. Enjoy your peace and quiet, and come out when you feel like it. You have done enough.:D

Last edited:
as long as its successful i dont care how its done or what it is

I'm a newbie fan, so for me I haven't been waiting too long, heck it could be another 3 years and I'll still be just as excited, but dang I really do want new music...

The other reason I really want a new album is I want new material to use against the haters hehe :D

And finally, I know it's wishful thinking, but dang it I want Captain EO back...

great thread idea, btw.
i definitely would love to see michael come back...just for the sake of hearing something other than repackaged greatest hits.
although i definitely have no problem listening to off the wall religiously =]

I know plenty aren't going to agree with me, but I think Michael should retire.
Although, I do think he should release one more album to define him and show all he's more than capable. A groundbreaking, finishing album to lead to his path for a departure in the entertainment industry. He needs to prove these critics wrong. After that, he should lay back and let his previous work shine.

Last edited:
I will continue to be a fan of MJ no matter what he decides to do or not do. I will also continue to hope that there will be 'much more to come from Michael Jackson' for numerous reasons. I will patiently wait, because if MJ does do something, whatever it is, that is something that I really really really want to see/hear! :wild:

Honestly, it would be a good move for all of us, for Michael to 'say' he was retiring :yes: then we would not be sitting here anticipating the next thing. All of us would be less on edge and antsy. Michael would be free to take as much time and liberty with his comeback, that was needed.

But what is more important... Michael doing this his way ?? Or feeding into our fantasy of what we want from him ??

Bah, even if he said he was retiring, I'd still be hoping he'd change his mind. :lol: Seriously, the waiting isn't that bad; I do other things while I wait....

Great discussion! I honestly don't feel I fit into a category outlined in your first post Chichi.

To answe one of your questions- I would love Michael to come back, but if he does I would love him to switch it up. I want him to do different things - as he has said before- "I love doing the exact opposite of what people expect".

If he decided to retire, then that's cool also. I have 4 decades of music and videos to listen to and watch, and there are songs I haven't even heard yet.

I want Michael to do what Michael wants. If that means no album- fine. If that means a new album- then fine also.

But do it how he wants- with his own vision. I always have this saying: 'Music is so strong in that man'- and he should be bringing it back with his own vision- not how we see fit for him.

I'd personally like to see an MJ more connected with the fanbase. The best way to end speculation is to be your own spokesperson. A blog, a new official website...

I don't blame the guy a bit for being a private person with the stuff he's been through, but as a fan, who could complain about seeing updated news or some exclusive material for fans?

i would love him to finish is album if thats what he wishes to do. Mostly i just want him to do what ever is in his heart. Michael knows best whats best for him. However i would so miss him if he doesn,t make some kind of a comeback, but i would understand.

Last edited:
Well, it's good to see we've gotten past the 'bring back the curls' (or have we?) :tease:

I too am happy with the fact we have so much of Michael's music already. I'd LOVE to hear some new stuff, but if it doesn't happen I'm more than satisfied with what he's given us. What other artist has given their fans so much!

What's important to me as a fan, #1 is that he does what makes him happy. I hope he's in a financial position where this is his reality. If he wants to perform and can do so in Vegas and not tour and enjoys it, that would be great....we could see him again :clapping: As far as live performances, my crystal ball sees him sticking to the Michael Jackson classics that the general public remembers and wants to see :fortuneteller:

I've been listening to more of his slow songs and balads lately and it seems if he's going to do new music maybe that's best for him - to show off that beautiful voice.

Just some thoughts I've been having about his career lately IF he decides to do anything. If not, that's cool too.

Last edited:
Michael is in essence doing us all a favor by deciding to continue on in his career and in giving of himself publically after what he's been through. So my answer to this question is pretty straight forward. I'm not expecting anything of Michael or placing some burdensome weight on his shoulders. The mere fact that he's decided to continue sharing his extraordinary abilities with us leaves me in awe and grateful and whatever he decides to put out, I will appreciate with all my heart. I want only one thing from Michael, and that is for him to do what he want's. I know I say often that I hope Michael is writing his own songs, because his best work is always his own, or that I hope for this or that, and of course ideally, that's what I would most like to see. But deep down, all I really want is for Michael to do what is best for him. The fact that he's going on in giving his gift to the world is something which shouldn't be taken for granted, by anybody. It is something which should be taken with graciousness. Because he doesn't have to do this, he doesn't have to do anything at all. He's already given us 44 of his 49 years, and he owes us nothing. So if Michael decided he was going to release an album of him singing the phone book, I would be equally as appreciative as if he released an album entirely composed and produced by him. And I'm serious. It's still Michael sharing his gift, even when he has every justification to tell us "no more" and to hide away. God know's he's been hurt enough in his life, that people have taken enough from him. Despite doing nothing but giving of his talent and trying with his best effort to improve and brighten this world we live in, he's often been treated as less then a human being. Yet he's still willing to give of himself to sometimes a fault, and there's nothing more we could ask for or expect of Michael, in my eyes. He's given enough, far, far more then enough, and anything he still gives I consider a big favor. The fact that he ever decided to share himself with the world the way he has, has always been a big favor in itself.

Last edited:
while i may find some of the ones in some of the groups you mentioned in your initial post frustrating as all heck, the fact that they exist in the first place and that there is so much passion whichever group one happens to fall into, speaks volumes for Michael in their own right. each group wants Michael back else there wouldnt be so much passion, tension, and even conflict. wishes the conflict was not there, but this is real life, not la la land, and it exists in all things no matter what.

Michael is a brilliant artist, and i have no need to put him into a box. i find it funny that some believe they know enough about what Michael does to direct him in the first place. i often look at posts of people and wonder what do they do, and what is their real name, are they someone who's ever had a platinum album? are they anyone who's ever been on world tour, all of which were sell outs? have they ever been referred to as the most famous person on the planet? no???? from your burger king job, or whatever you do, you feel qualified to tell Michael what he should and should not do? it just strikes me as odd people feel they know so much more what he should do than he does.

anyway, yes, I want Michael Jackson to come out with new music, and whatever it is, it will reflect him and what he wants to say, and it will be cherished. i am looking forward to it very much.

Last edited:
I want Big Daddy back! *sob, sob*....

I agree with Elusive, I don't care HOW the message is carried to us, just as long as we are able to get at the message, that is enough. And I know 100% that Michael knows exactly what he's doing. :) I want him to do it HIS way.

Let's face it, Michael is unpredictable as hell - so anyone who's got ideas on what/how he should do it is gonna get disappointed anyway! I say just sit back and enjoy the ride. :dancin:

I have to admit, I couldn't see what he was up to with T25 at first, but now I think it's good timing. Put his voice out there on the airwaves while he's busy working on the album. I geddit now.

Last edited:
Back