Brittany Murphy Dies *UPDATE: Husband Found Dead As Well* (Merged)

Re: Brittany Murphy Dies

What! OMG, I cannot believe it, this is tragic, i cannot believe it, so young

Oh dear, such a shame, I don't know why He takes people away so early it hardly seems fair :(

Rest in Peace, Michael is waiting for you now,

Does anyone know exactly WHY she had a cardiac arrest?? Was she taking drugs?

Nothing been released yet, so maybe after we hear from a coroner maybe some info will come out.

I really don't wanna jump to the drug conclusion just yet.

I'm not jumping to conclusions.. it's just the first thing that comes to mind as she was so young...

Sending heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

Thank you for posting this...she really was quite a beautiful and talented girl..

Absolutely gorgeous girl - I had the biggest crush on her around time she was in 8-mile/Just Married.
I can't consider myself a "real" fan that followed everything she did, but there were something about her presence - something rememberable about her.

And I'm also sad to hear about your sister in law - I wish for everything to go smooth tomorrow!

KwIC0.jpg

KKHZR.jpg

rpckZ.jpg

Michael is waiting for you girl, i cannot believe this, i am extremely sad, i loved her in Clueless, i mean i saw that movie the other day, cause i always watch that movie...my God, my condolences to her family

Absolutely gorgeous girl - I had the biggest crush on her around time she was in 8-mile/Just Married.
I can't consider myself a "real" fan that followed everything she did, but there were something about her presence - something rememberable about her.

And I'm also sad to hear about your sister in law - I wish for everything to go smooth tomorrow!

KwIC0.jpg

KKHZR.jpg

rpckZ.jpg

I am sorry that her loss is so hard on you..as we all know when you are a fan of someone it seems sort of personal when something happens to them...I agree she did have a cute side to her...I always thought she had such a big personality......and thank you for your kind thoughts.:)

Re: Brittany Murphy Dies (is this true???)

What the efff?!

This is so shocking.. I don't know what to say.

Strangest horrible year ever.

I liked how she seemed different to other hollywood actresses.. more real. Great personality.

Last edited:

God Bless Brittany and her family and friends. What a terrible tragedy to experience right before the holidays. I can’t believe that we have lost so many stars this year. The second part of 2009 has been a really bad year. It’s almost unbelievable.

We love you, Britney. Michael's waiting for you, he'll take good care of you. :D

R.I.P. Girl.

RIP Brittany :cry: how terrible! It looks like it was a cardiac arrest related to her doing cocaine :(

do you have confirmation of the cocaine part?....I haven't seen that anywhere but maybe you have seen a source I haven't...thanks.

she used to have a cocaine addiction? and an eating disorder too?
I had an eating disorder too a couple of years ago, so bad that it affected my heart...neglecting yourself like that can kill you even if you're young! it's such a shame because she was so young, stuff like this is always depressing

no, to me it has to do with anorexia or something related to it, no cocaine at all

I remember her from clueless :boohoo: so sad :cry: RIP Brittany. She was so young :no:

News sites are speculating about eating disorder/cocaine.

Perez Hilton is talkin drugs and says God will punish her husband..? http://twitter.com/PerezHilton

All I know is she seemed a sweet charismatic girl and shes gone way too soon.

she had a heart murmur, sky news are reporting, so isnt it a bit dodgy to be doing drugs with that

News sites are speculating about eating disorder/cocaine.

Perez Hilton is talkin drugs and says God will punish her husband..? http://twitter.com/PerezHilton

All I know is she seemed a sweet charismatic girl and shes gone way too soon.

I seen earlier about the eating disorder and the /cocaine accusation...but who knows.....we all know what happens when the media speculates...look what they did to Michael...what ever the poor girl passed of it is ashame...she was so young a beautiful.

Even when there is 12 days left of the year, there has to be another high profile death.......

........This is truly a tragic year........

........May 2010 bring better fortunes!!!

This is so awful!! What is going on in Hollywood nowadays?? First MJ, now Brittany Murphy! Both from cardiac arrest?? What gives??

Would be kinda cool if Perez died before the year ended too. Stupid fat piece of ****.

Too freakin' young. Karen Carpenter of the Carpenter's was 32 when she died in 1983.

I knew right from the beginning that 2009 would be a horrible year right when it started, though it started off good initially with Obama being sworn into the office. but that had to do more with 2008 than 2009, it self, as he was elected in Nov 08 already.
But I never would have ever imagined how horrible 2009 would turn out eventually, I realized it in June only.

no, to me it has to do with anorexia or something related to it, no cocaine at all

yes I know it might very well be anorexia, after having had my eating disorder and seing what it can do to you health wise I've learned my lesson...you can drop dead just like that! so much pain and tragedy not worth it

AMERICAN movie star Brittany Murphy has died in LA at aged 32 after going into full cardiac arrest.
Murphy died at 10.04am local time on Sunday, Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre Spokeswoman Sally Stewart said. She would not provide a cause of death, or any other information.

Sources told celebrity gossip website TMZ.com that Murphy's mum discovered the actress unconscious in the shower.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Devon Gale says crews responded to a call at 8am on Sunday from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to Murphy's husband British screenwriter Simon Monjack.

When paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR, which was continued while en-route to the hospital. She was pronounced dead on arrival.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Gale said one person was transported to a hospital.

Messages left for Murphy's manager, agent and publicist weren't immediately returned.
The actress starred in such films as Clueless, 8 Mile, Don't Say a Word and Sin City.
Agencies

I don't see any reason given anywhere..

Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, told hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center he did not want an autopsy performed on his deceased wife, multiple sources tell TMZ.
We're told, however, despite Monjack's wishes, the L.A. County Coroner's office will perform an autopsy on Murphy. As we first reported, Murphy went into cardiac arrest this morning and could not be revived.

TMZ has also learned Britney Murphy's mother, who found Murphy unconscious in the shower and called 911, told paramedics her daughter had a history of diabetes. We have not been able to confirm if Murphy did indeed have diabetes, and if so, whether it contributed to her death.

Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, told hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center he did not want an autopsy performed on his deceased wife, multiple sources tell TMZ.
We're told, however, despite Monjack's wishes, the L.A. County Coroner's office will perform an autopsy on Murphy. As we first reported, Murphy went into cardiac arrest this morning and could not be revived.

:no:

siggggghh this is sad.

she reminded me of one of my good friends..kooky fun.

her poor family & friends :(

This has been a terrible year. I have never known so many people to die in one year.:cry:

Back