Can You Forgive Chris Brown?

well we dont really know what happened but I kind of thought different of him after this.

Last edited:
Meh...I wasn't the one he hit. But I'll never respect him, that's for sure

Yes, I think he should be forgiven. He mentioned he grew up with domestic violence - that's no excuse of course, I did too and I haven't beaten anybody up but everyone deals with things differently and we have all done things we regret. The main thing is he's trying to work it out in his head, he's been seeking help, he has apologised and he never tried to deny it or blame anyone else for his actions. That takes guts. In my experience people rarely change but it's even rarer that they try and if they do, they should be given a chance... but not a third! *Make that change!*

Last edited:
The question should be can Rhianna forgive him? I agree everyone makes mistakes and I think he feels bad about what he did.

But it's not for me to forgive him, that's Rhianna's decision to make.

Even if they didn’t have this issue, I think they would end just like any other Hollywood relationship. What didn’t end is his relation with the fans and the public. I raised the question will you forgive him because he dedicated his message to the public otherwise I see no reason to open this discussion.

I also think he deserves a second chance and I am sure he learnt from his mistake. This will never prevent me from listing to his music again in the future. I agree hitting women is very wrong for whatever reasons but he said he made a mistake and he got punished as well.

Any man who hits a lady doesnt deserve anything other than contempt!!

Just wish she had clobbered him back with a baseball bat to the dome!!!

i think that he should just be let alone. he is a human being, and he made a mistake... but this one mistake that made me shiver is "AKS" i hate when people say that... lol.

As someone outside of his life, I don't think I am in a position to forgive him. But I am leery of him. I am so sick of people writing that it was a "mistake." Forgetting to turn in something on time is a mistake. Measuring something incorrectly is a mistake. Accidentally burning something in the oven is a mistake. Brutally battering someone to a bloody pulp is not a mistake. It's purposeful cruelty. While I generally believe in second chances, I don't feel any bent towards leniency where vicious, violent crimes are concerned.

It's not really Brown that angers me, though. If in fact he does reform his ways and never engages in domestic violence again then I won't have a problem with him. I am upset that many people tried to blame Rihanna for his actions and that some people refer to it as a "mistake" or "incident," completely erasing the violent and intentional aspects of his behavior. I am mad that, despite the fact that in my city alone I read a local story everyday about a woman who was killed, raped, or seriously injured by a significant other, ex, or male admirer, people continue to think that violence against women is no big deal and that it can be justified and excused. It makes me incredibly angry as well as frightened.

I can't respect men who abuse women, but everyone deserves a second chance I guess. It all matters on whether he's sincere or if this is just a case of him doing some damage control for his career.

He didn't do anything to me.

Same.

Although if you could ask the same question of the Arvizos, I'd have to say no, I wouldn't forgive... even though they didn't do anything to me personally.

I just don't care that much for Rihanna or Chris Brown to worry about what he did and whether I should forgive him..

forgive him..
uh I've never been a fan of him..or even cared about him wheter as an artist or person..,but I do have an opinion about it and hitting someone like that is not OK. I don't even think one hit can make that kind of mark on her face.. looks more like beaten up..
i don't know what happened there between them but doing any kind of hitting/beating towards another person is not ok to me.

Its hard to see his sincerity when 2 days after the incident he was all smiles at the beach.

I always thought he was such a nice humble young man :no:

no.I will never forgive Chris for what he did.But,I think Rihanna deserved it,because she's a sp*rm wh*re.She's looking for men to sleep with,and she picked Chris,which was a dumb choice,because she beat him,so that's why she was beaten by Chris.So,I somewhat forgive Chris,but I will not forgive Rihanna.Besides,they won't ever be famous again since this incident,well,except Chris Brown.Rihanna just screwed herself over.

no.I will never forgive Chris for what he did.But,I think Rihanna deserved it,because she's a sp*rm wh*re.She's looking for men to sleep with,and she picked Chris,which was a dumb choice,because she beat him,so that's why she was beaten by Chris.So,I somewhat forgive Chris,but I will not forgive Rihanna.Besides,they won't ever be famous again since this incident,well,except Chris Brown.Rihanna just screwed herself over.

I find that extremely offensive. No person deserves to be beaten. I find it disturbing that you are condoning domestic violence. There could be DV victims here who find such statements discomforting. Also, not only is Rihanna's sexual history none of our business, she should not be reduced to a sexual object and certainly her sexual preferences do not make her deserving of any type of punishment. Your attitude towards women appears to be very degrading.

I find that extremely offensive. No person deserves to be beaten. I find it disturbing that you are condoning domestic violence. There could be DV victims here who find such statements discomforting. Also, not only is Rihanna's sexual history none of our business, she should not be reduced to a sexual object and certainly her sexual preferences do not make her deserving of any type of punishment. Your attitude towards women appears to be very degrading.

No person deserves to be beaten? I disagree. A grown man who beats a woman who is weaker than himself and who cannot defend herself against his attacks deserves to be beaten in a similar manner to his victim, barring any extraordinary circumstances (avenging a murder, etc.).

He absolutely deserves to be forgiven. People forget he's a kid, 20 years old, had no previous record of doing harm to anyone ever. this is what makes it a mistake. A huge error in judgement that he has/is paying the price for. Rihanna has clearly forgiven him. Btw it wasnt two days after the incident he was at the beach, it was over three weeks and the only reason he was so happy was because Rihanna had forgiven him and was with him.

People need to stop hating on him, see what hating did to Michael? He needs to be loved and supported through this horrible time in his life, its obvious he is greatly sorry. He didnt have to do release an apology video to us but he did, it shows maturity beyond his years. Instead of judging him and lashing out at him, support him and pray that he will get past his childhood demons. None of us have any idea what he has/is going through, we have no room to judge him. Weve all sinned in our lives nothing gives us the right to judge him. Sorry this is so long it just pisses me off to no end how cruel some people can be to such a young kid. Way worse has been done. Chris much love and respect to you, and i know you will overcome this. he's the best performer/dancer out there now that MJ has passed. In fact his love for his fans often reminds me of MJ sometimes. Anyone whose a real fan or has followed him knows who he truly is, and that is a kind, talented, loving person. Keep on keepin on Chris

People need to stop hating on him, see what hating did to Michael?

I'd say there's a world of difference between this case and Michael's case, namely that Chris Brown did something wrong and Michael did not. An MJ hater has no leg to stand on. Look, I don't hate Chris Brown, but certainly victims of domestic violence and people in general are entitled to their feelings, whatever they may be regarding the matter.

Will I forgive Chris Brown? Done and done. It happened ages ago. Bruises heal. Looks like the two involved (Rihanna and Chris Brown) are pretty much over it. They can't move on until we do. So I suggest we just move on. What's done is done. He apologised, what more can he do? He can't un-punch her.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...ev=/images?q=rihanna+beat+up&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G
That was a mistake?!
I think he's been let off way too easily. His apoligy doesn't even sound sincere. It's good that he apoligised...but wait, anyone would've advised him to do so to save his career.
Anyways, if he brings out a good song it won't stop me from listening to it, but I don't think I'll ever respect him.
And we'll just have to wait and see if he does it again.

He's just barely out of his teens and he deserves to grow up without people judging him based off one mistake, which he did seem sorry about, despite how wrong it was.

Fuck Chris Brown. He has NOTHING in common with Michael, and he is a coward and a loser. AND IT'S NOT A FUCKING MISTAKE WHEN YOU SMASH IN THE FACE OF THE WOMAN WHO LOVES YOU!!! Burn in hell you fat-faced fuck. I actually liked you until you showed your true, pathetic colors, and me and millions of others will never even give your fucking music a chance after this.

Back