Chef says mj home was happy

rockstar

Proud Member
CHEF SAYS MJ HOME WAS HAPPY

Kai Chase is the woman who worked as a personal chef for Michael Jackson and his children in their rented Holmby Hills mansion in LA for four months before Jackson died last June.

In a recent interview Chase talked about what it was like inside the Jackson's home and about the children that became so special to her.
Chase recalled, "Paris is a huge lover of animals and nature, so we dug a vegetable patch and snuck out at night with flashlights to gather enough snails to build a snail farm."

"Prince, who was then 12, loved to read and was really into movies. He spent hours making animation films using apples in the kitchen.

"And Blanket was hilarious. Michael built a movie theatre for the kids and had movie nights for them. He liked them to watch black and white movies and little Blanket got really into the 1930s gangster film The Public Enemy. He'd run up to me in the kitchen, pretending to be James Cagney, mimicking his gangster voice perfectly. It was hilarious, especially as he was only seven."

Chase says that Michael would spend hours planning "Daddy Time" with the children and that the four of them loved to play practical jokes on her. On one occasion she says, the children beckoned her into the kitchen, saying, "Your boyfriend is here."

"I went in and they had dressed one of Mr Jackson's mannequins. It was so life-like and made me jump so high. Mr. Jackson was hiding behind the chair and jumped out, saying, 'Gotcha! He loved practical jokes."

"Those few months were so happy. Mr. Jackson was an almost Willy Wonka-style father, with his crazy sense of fun," Chase said.

She talked about how Paris cried tears of joy on one occasion when her Daddy planned a special surprise for her eleventh birthday, just two months before his death.

"Mr. Jackson had paid for members of the circus troupe Cirque du Soleil to perform throughout the house and garden. It was magical and one of the security team filmed the whole day. I know Paris keeps that tape close to her heart and watches it to remind her of her Daddy."

Chase, who has no kids of her own, revealed that the children have given her what they call a "Box Of Happiness" - a hand decorated shoebox that holds a stack of their letters, thanking her for cooking for them, for bringing them gifts and for being their friend.

She says, "I'll keep these letters close to my heart for as long as I live. They're incredibly special."

Source: thesun.co.uk

I never doubt about Michael being wonderful father. Now I just feel so sorry for those three kids who lost their daddy so young, bless them.

How extremely sad to read. I'm glad he was able to be so happy with his children.
Made me cry reading about Paris' last birthday.

Oh :cry: ! I love to read this kind of story but it always let my heart aching ; I'm always thinking how this so sweet daddy must missed his kids - God bless them.

She continues giving interviews? Wow, she spoke to The Sun... :unsure: It seems that she will not more publish her cookbook. :smilerolleyes:

Well, nice. We always knew that Michael was a wonderful and exemplary father to his children. :heart:

oooh my.....what a precious soul Michael and all three off his children are! :cry:

Aww... "daddy time".... it's so sweet. Michael was such a great father. The more I read about him, the more I love him. I hope Prince, Paris and Blanket always remember how much their father loves them.

ahhh.... Michael.... a wonderful daddy, just as he wanted to be.
thanks for sharing, Rockstar!!

I love reading positive articles about Michael and about his life with Prince, Paris and Blanket, but...part of me is greatly saddened while reading as well. I can't help but to think about the concept of human mortality, one which I had previously been sheltered from. It wasn't until Michael's passing that I was made to face the fact that the people I care about aren't immortal. I imagine the children underwent a similar experience, except of course greatly magnified as the person they lost was their father.

I think about how unfair it is, that terrible people are allowed to live and sleep at night with their families while one of the kindest, most admireable human beings had to leave his three children behind. I cannot think of a good enough reason why this would happen, and thus I am thrown into a sea of great despair, forever questioning why.

The tender moments make it all the worse. I would rather forget it if only to never suffer as I did the moment it all became reality. The then and now, the opposing twin realities of past and present, of with and without, are too much for me to handle at times.

If it is so hard for me, the kids must have it worse. I think about them a lot, and wonder how they really are inside. I know they know their father loved them with all his heart, more than anyone else in this world, and I hope they are not undergoing internal distress.

This cook's story was greatly touching yet heartbreaking. Thank you for posting, rockstar. It makes me so happy, but at the same time so sad, to read all this.

:cry:
omg Michael..what an amazing father! I hope the children are doing ok.
This article broke my heart again. :cry:

Back