"Curls for My Girls" shirt

You know, there was a "to do" list given to Michael, in preparation for the concerts. And one of the items was that he needs to go back to the curls...and he listened!!!

A "to do" list? That's great!!...what else was on the list? The curls are definitely the way to go. He looked just perfect in them.

if he didn't like it he wouldn't have worn it. Consider that the greatest complement of all.

Yea, Cris that's such a huge copmliement that he wore it. It was soo cool seeing the shirt in the movie, too. I definately felt like I was part of a community knowing the backstory to the shirt. And of course I told everyone the story, too.

I actually don't have an issue with people selling that. I think it's cute that people want to wear that as tribute. I will never sell it myself though. It's the sweetest memory of the most wonderful moment in my life. I wanted to share it with you because I want to share the immense joy I felt in that moment, and because you all were my inspiration.
You know, there was a "to do" list given to Michael, in preparation for the concerts. And one of the items was that he needs to go back to the curls...and he listened!!!

Ooo, please share more. If you don't mind of course :flowers:

It's so heartbreaking to know.. that that was Michael's last night.. :cry: But at the same time.. Michael was amazing on stage, wore a t-shirt gift from fans.. I wonder how he felt on that rehearsal..

Haha, I think it looks ok, the font is a bit different, but good enough. And Michael's was long sleeved and a size M :)
Oh, Michael...:( You know what, something happened or he said something about it on his last night, but people I asked about keep their mouths shut, dunno why..
I wish I knew more about his reaction..
Aww.. I wish you knew more too. In the end it was you who gave the shirt to him..

Are you 100% sure about that Soso? If someone takes a photograph or paints a picture, the copyright is instantly theirs, whether it's registered or not. If someone wants to use that picture they need to get authorisation from the author (and give them credit should they ask for it). So, surely if Cris created the design herself, she owns the copyright & anyone using that design has to ask permission?
actually yea. cuz if it's not sold, i can reproduce it and say it wasmy idea. how do i know u took the photo first or painted it first unless it was sold or made public?

actually yea. cuz if it's not sold, i can reproduce it and say it wasmy idea. how do i know u took the photo first or painted it first unless it was sold or made public?

Hmmm.... I see your point. Thanks Soso.

Cris, I think you're one in a million! God bless you! :flowers:

Thank you so so so so much Cris for giving Michael that shirt and sharing the story. It's beautiful and it must be beyond an honor that Michael wore it.

Awww, that was a real nice gesture from him, and the curls, my God i remember how exited i was when i first saw them :), anything Michael would do was soooo cool, even if it was a little thing, i mean, it was him, his aura was so special... I dint know it was a shirt a fan gave him, he really cared about the fans, he was not fake.

This was someone who cared so much about his fans. What other celebrity would go out of their way so much for their fans,let alone wearing a t-shirt a fan made. Michael loved his fans and we loved him more, and then he loved us most :D

This was someone who cared so much about his fans. What other celebrity would go out of their way so much for their fans,let alone wearing a t-shirt a fan made. Michael loved his fans and we loved him more, and then he loved us most :D

very true. he did the same when fans brought stuff for the kids. on one occasion they kids were wearing, holding the stuff fans had bought them. im sure he did it on purpose so the fans could see the kids with their stuff.knowing how happy it would make them

One time the kids were wearing pretty masks made by Paisley. So cute...Only Michael

I wanna have a memorial shirt done...not a Tshirt that is fake...fans gave MJ a long sleeve Shirt..
and I would like to see the same design but different words on it "He gave curls for His Girls Back" :)

I told him that girls will go crazy if he wears that shirt, I never thought it will be crazy with grief

Consider the shirt a gift from all of us, his girls. And the fact that he wore it on his last night, a secret message between Michael and you, a bond that will last forever.
That is really sweet of you Cris. Thank you for making him feel loved... his last couple of days especially. :cry:

I told him that girls will go crazy if he wears that shirt, I never thought it will be crazy with grief

Consider the shirt a gift from all of us, his girls. And the fact that he wore it on his last night, a secret message between Michael and you, a bond that will last forever.

Hi Cris,

I want to thank you for sharing your story & for making Michael feel loved.

It moves my heart.

Take care - God bless you and everyone of us!

I always wished I could have been a follower :'(

Me too :( I was always too scared to travel alone and had not enough money as well. This summer I wanted to change EVERYTHING!

Fate would have it that the last time he danced on stage he would wear a gift from fans with a message for fans

*sigh* :cry:

That's so wonderful. :cry: Thank you so, sooo much Cris!!

I miss Michael so much :cry: I hate it when reality kicks in

Thank you for that. Cuz I really do. I really feel that I'm one of his girls.

This is so unfukin-real! :weeping: I cant believe MJ is gone! :boohoo:

I don't get it. lol... whats the curls & theres music notes on the shirt...sorry but just confused lol

:cry: wow...

haha I would have made him a shirt that says:
Gold For The Bold

only the bold ones can wear pants like that:D only HE could actually and still look good

haha I would have made him a shirt that says:
Gold For The Bold

only the bold ones can wear pants like that:D only HE could actually and still look good
:rofl: :rofl:

That would've been great! We didn't get to see too much the new shiny gold pants :(

^^I knoooow and they looked so so great!! so shiny and sparkly :wub:
Oh I know Mj read all those gold pants thread.he must have.

The most painful moment now i know this ( and I don't want to get too symbolic)

is the moment when it goes into slow motion in thriller, the angelic music comes on and even though they are ghosts it seems like angels coming down from heaven and then when you see michael outstretch his arms and look up too the light ( which could symbolise heaven and the light) it is too much to see..it always hits me that moment, that first moment they show michael and the light in the background, also there is a light that looks like a sun rising if you look closely..

his face looks out to stage as if he doesn't want to go and then up to the light and that whole moment is filmed like he is being taken away from us all...

then threatened hits and it's like we got mike here, for one more night..

it is painfully sad..that is how i see it anyway

sorry if i upset anyone
TRIGGER WARNING

For anyone who is feeling emotional or fragile, anyone who hasn't seen TII, anyone who struggles especially with the latter part of Michael's life, please ignore this and move swiftly on. Maybe go and look at some lovely pictures of him.

I'm in a tearful headspace today and I need to bump this thread and I need to bump this comment. If you read it, proceed with caution. It is extremely emotional.

šŸ˜¢ šŸ’”

Last edited:
@Hiker

Can I request that this thread be locked? Is that allowed?

Until I bumped it yesterday this thread hadn't had any posts since early 2010. The vast majority date from 2009. At this stage, I highly doubt it's going to get any more comments posted. It contains the story re the 'Curls for My Girls' shirt plus there is a link to a longer version of the story so it is an important piece of Michael's history and also represents a piece of history for MJJC itself.

What do you think?

We need a reason to disallow further posts on the thread. Who knows 5 years from now if the forum still exists, someone would want to bump it again.

We need a reason to disallow further posts on the thread. Who knows 5 years from now if the forum still exists, someone would want to bump it again.
Oh, good point. The other one could be locked cos the posts were being moved. Got it. Seeing as I'm someone who loves to bump old threads you'd think I'd be able to work that one out myself, lol.

šŸ™ƒ this is my brain at work!

Back