Dispatching TICKETS!!

As far as i know you only need to give information about your flight and where you stay (next to the form with general info) to get your visum. They don't need to know that you go to see MJ there.

Well that is what they asked me when i did apply for a double entry visum 3 weeks ago to be able to enter China on friday. I don't think it's that different for people who live in China and want to travel aboard but i can be mistaken ofcourse.

It's too hard to get UK visa in my country. So, I have to put my ticket in the folder when I'll apply UK Consulate. Coz if I'll say them, I'm going to the MJ concert, they want to see my ticket. And the concert reason is better than anything to get visa I think.

Is there a way to receive ticket earlier???

^ You could ring Ticketmaster and tell them this? They seem very helpful and I'm sure they'd do all they could. Would a confirmation email of the tickets or something be ok as proof?

^ You could ring Ticketmaster and tell them this? They seem very helpful and I'm sure they'd do all they could. Would a confirmation email of the tickets or something be ok as proof?

I'll do it. ;)

I donno... I'm looking into that. I hope they will accept the confirmation e-mail!

Wow, I just read through 7 pages of thread to get ... well not a clear answer :p
I live in Canada, and in my haste to purchase tickets, I clicked on the regular international shipping option (pillock.) I have never had a problem with Ticketmaster.ca in the past, and I always received my tickets far in advance. I recently ordered tickets for a show in America from Ticketmaster.com and also received those far in advance. My only concern is that with an audience this diverse (and by that I mean spread out worldwide), I hope they are able to manage. I have to book my flight by the middle to end of next month, and I will be choked if my tickets have not been received by then. But like I said, I have never had a problem with ordering tickets from Ticketmaster in the past, and this is over at least 3-5 years of using their service personally. My friend ordered my tickets for me on her Visa and mine at the time was maxed out, and I really don't want to go to the extra hassle of calling Ticketmaster and organizing a signed letter, etc. One can only assume Ticketmaster already has a big enough headache without having to worry about that sort of stuff. I think we're best to leave it until the end of May, and if they haven't arrived by then, we can flood their email boxes and phone lines. In the wise words of Douglas Adams, "Don't Panic."

Alright TM, let's hurry up and dispatch those tickets.

Based on accounts at other forums for other tix, TM usually dispatches these within 1 - 3 weeks of placing the order, but that's just on experiences with OTHER tix. This is MJ we're talking about. So, maybe they got another plan.

Either way, I hope they release them soon.

Hurry it up TM.

I don't think they will send them until a week or so before because of touts, they did that with madonna

I don't think they will send them until a week or so before because of touts, they did that with madonna

That's reallt crappy. I'm on vacation and I'm going from out summerhouse straight to London - will this mean I have to be home a week before the concert? I will get my tickets via FedEx.

I hope TM sends out the tickets SOON !!

when shall the tickets be mailed to us while many British fans have got the printed tickets outside the arena?

Since many fans like me are in China, we have to deal with many things such as visa, hotel booking, travel plans, etc.. So the earlier we got tickets, the better for us to set up our plans.

It is not like you are in the UK, USA, it is difficult for Chinese people to go abroad. So anything may happen.

If we finally find out we can't make it to London, we can still have time and manage to resell their tickets to other fellow fans. However, if the tickets only arrived just 7 days before the date, we will suffer huge loss, since the ticket resale, transfer and mail will cost some time.

That is my concern

Exactly! my ticket will be dispatched to indonesia while i might go from China. that's more complicated.
mkgenie...are you going?what date?

Alright TM, let's hurry up and dispatch those tickets.

Based on accounts at other forums for other tix, TM usually dispatches these within 1 - 3 weeks of placing the order, but that's just on experiences with OTHER tix. This is MJ we're talking about. So, maybe they got another plan.

Either way, I hope they release them soon.

Hurry it up TM.

I wonder if some people live in the real world, these tickets will not be sent out for a while yet. The earliest I would expect is a month before the 1st show but more than likly it will be 2 weeks before.

Also you may want to take note that it is not up to ticketmaster when tickets are sent out, Tina Turner tickets at the o2 only arrived a week or so before.

Also fans who waited outside the arena got a PRINTED RECEIPT which was not a ticket. No actual ticket's were issued at the arena.

Last edited:
I know this is slightly off topic but its relevent. I bought tickets to see Britney at The O2 in December. The concert is in June and I havnt got my tickets yet, it still says not dispatched on my ticketmaster order history. As soon as I get my Britney tickets, I'll post here and let you guys know, so that you can try to figure out about your MJ tickets.

TM specifically stated that tickets may not be issued until 7 - 10 days before the event so if you're concerned you should contact TM & see if you can collect them from the box office when you visit instead.

It's too hard to get UK visa in my country. So, I have to put my ticket in the folder when I'll apply UK Consulate. Coz if I'll say them, I'm going to the MJ concert, they want to see my ticket. And the concert reason is better than anything to get visa I think.

merhaba mjcan.
i think maybe you could use the ticket confirmation ticketmaster sent you,
also my husband is from turkey and he lives here in the u.k for 14 years,
i know rules about visa,s has changed quite abit,
but if you need any advise about that,
pm me and will try to give you some advise.

its normal for them not to send them til a week before the show. Theres nothing to worry about when i went to see pink my tickets didnt arrive in time so i rang them the day before and they just sent me an email and told me to print it out and take it with me and i'd get in fine, there was no problem so you've got no need to worry.

Ayeh, they told you a DAY BEFORE to print it? They've got nerve!

God, I can see so much crap going down in the coming months from people who have sold tickets on. They're gonna make it damn hard for it to happen I reckon.

wow i have the same problem... when you call them could you tell me what their answer was?

can someone get the UK ticketmaster number so i can call them I am in the USA!

Guys, TICKETS ARE NOT EXPECTED TO ARRIVE UNTIL 7 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT.

Guys, TICKETS ARE NOT EXPECTED TO ARRIVE UNTIL 7 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT.

I think that's TM's default response. That's just so that they can get around the credit card rules (In my opinion) which state you must receive merchandise in the time stated or within 30 days of purchase.

However, based on a random search of fans of other artists on the internet (for shows @ the O2), I came across a lot of responses where they got their tickets WAY ahead of the performance.

Take for example Madonna. a fan in this thread http://community.michaeljackson.com/us/content/about-dispatching-tickets

got their Madonna tix for the O2 in July on March 14th.

So, unless TM wants a huge headache dealing with all of us, they better not wait until last minute to dispatch our tickets. They need to go ahead and release them soon.

If they are able to get Madonna fans their tix in advance, they can surely dispatch ours, too.

I think that's TM's default response. That's just so that they can get around the credit card rules (In my opinion) which state you must receive merchandise in the time stated or within 30 days of purchase.

However, based on a random search of fans of other artists on the internet (for shows @ the O2), I came across a lot of responses where they got their tickets WAY ahead of the performance.

Take for example Madonna. a fan in this thread http://community.michaeljackson.com/us/content/about-dispatching-tickets

got their Madonna tix for the O2 in July on March 14th.

So, unless TM wants a huge headache dealing with all of us, they better not wait until last minute to dispatch our tickets. They need to go ahead and release them soon.

If they are able to get Madonna fans their tix in advance, they can surely dispatch ours, too.

I fully agree with you. But there is still that question WHAT IF???
TICKETS DONT ARRIVE AT 7 DAYS BEFORE EVENT ....WHAT TO DO?

Please if somebody write something about it so i can post it on first page of this thread like tutorial on what to do if you dont receive ticket ;)

Thanks!

I fully agree with you. But there is still that question WHAT IF???
TICKETS DONT ARRIVE AT 7 DAYS BEFORE EVENT ....WHAT TO DO?

Please if somebody write something about it so i can post it on first page of this thread like tutorial on what to do if you dont receive ticket ;)

Thanks!

I say we put the pressure on TM.

They just sold 50 dates out for the BIGGEST artist in the world.

Why tick off so many fans and create problems for us?

I for one am planning on leaving for the show 11 days in advance. And of course those of us who sold tix have to make sure the person who bought it from us gets their tix in time, too.

So I'm not waiting for 7 days before the show to receive tix.

Should we email AEG since some are saying it's the concert promoter's call on when to release them?

And what in the world is TM doing "shipping" tix anyway? Are we not in the 21st century? Why can't they make them electronic and issue them via "ticketfast"?

^^^

I was thinking this. Apart from the electronic tixs, why can't the tickets which have been purchased in USA be printed in USA for example? AEG is based there, you have TM.com, i really don't see why they have to be printed by TM / AEG uk, they are just making things harder!

^^^ Exactly! They are just making everything more complicated than it should be.
Printing out the tix and bringing them with you would be the most reasonable and fast option - but of course they want to charge everyone for shipping costs :doh:....
i will be leaving a week before the concert date as well so I'm getting anxious..:timer: Just want to know I have them...

I should imagine that they realise there are people coming from all over the world to see MJ, it's not like a normal concert that is mostly attended by British people. Hopefully this means tickets will be sent out earlier. :unsure:

Huh still not sure what should i do if tickets don't arrive at least 10 days before event.
Can i mail them and tell them to send me notification which i can print and come with it at concert like its ticket ?
Or what else im able to do?

Huh still not sure what should i do if tickets don't arrive at least 10 days before event.
Can i mail them and tell them to send me notification which i can print and come with it at concert like its ticket ?
Or what else im able to do?

You can call them as well. Anyhow, i hope i won't have to do this as i cannot call TM for technical reasons + the money has been debited off my account so i hope everything will be ok. Its still very far from now so there's no need to worry right now. I received 2 emails by TM i was happy as i thought it meant my tix were dispatched but it was actually some kind of newsletters.

Back