Do you think all of the vermin have been exterminated from Michael's life?

Sharon B. Sidney

Proud Member
I recently posted an article I wrote called Sabotage concerning Michael Jackson's career. I think it may have been moved.

I highlighted incidents surrounding the betrayal of friends and trusted associates of his but I did not inquire of the fans as to whether or not they have had contact with or are otherwise aware of individuals who they suspected were not looking out for Michael's well being.

I'm asking now.

I once read that what's done in the dark will come to light and what's whispered in secret will be shouted from the roof tops. I think Michael's fans are like friends of his and as such may have noticed actions that contradicted those of someone who would be looking out for his best interest.

I've been informed that some fans had information on a couple of Michael's previous associates long before they were discovered for some of the wrong things they were doing. Had those fans had access to tell him or someone who actually cared for him who had access then he'd likely have been spared a lot of grief...

The media has not been alone in attempts of sabotaging Michael Jackson's career and they haven't stopped- do you think others have?

I have a few questions --->only for those who care about Michael Jackson:

1. Do you think there are still people in Michael Jackson's inner or outer circle getting perks or payoffs for selling him out? Sweet talking media scum bags perhaps to feel important, whispering rumors behind his back etc.?

2. Do you think there are those in Michael's life trying to stifle truth that would help or protect him?

OR

3. Do you think all of the vermin have been exterminated from Michael Jackson's life?

I would be humbly appreciative if any of you would take the time to read my article and offer me any feedback- good or bad. Let me know if you'd like me to stop writing about Michael or if by some miracle you would like to hear more from me.

When I say I would appreciate it - I honestly mean that from the depths of my heart. Please, let me know what you think and how you feel. I will greatly appreciate it!

If you'd like to but can't find my article "Sabotage" here and would like to read it- please visit http://www.myspace.com/sharonbsidney
http://www.myspace.com/sharonsidney
or write me at diversity2003c@hotmail.com

Very interesting article very good. I would like to think that it has all been exterminated and that there is now no one close to Michael that are getting payoffs for making him look bad or selling him out. We all love Michael here and we hope it has gone, and if it has, personally i think it may of, then all the better for Michael, and all the better for the future.

Last edited:
As I am not privy to Michael's business, employees, friends, family matters etc, I can do no more than pray for him, that God will protect him and his children, prosper him in all his ways, bless him and guide him. That is all that we can do as fans. To speculate and meddle in his private or business affairs, even with the best of intentions, is likely to do him more harm than good, since we are ignorant of the facts. Of course, those who do consider themselves part of his inner circle need to be vigilant and very, very cautious. Greed approaches with a smiling face and an endearing voice all too often.

God bless our dear Michael.

As I am not privy to Michael's business, employees, friends, family matters etc, I can do no more than pray for him, that God will protect him and his children, prosper him in all his ways, bless him and guide him. That is all that we can do as fans. To speculate and meddle in his private or business affairs, even with the best of intentions, is likely to do him more harm than good, since we are ignorant of the facts. Of course, those who do consider themselves part of his inner circle need to be vigilant and very, very cautious. Greed approaches with a smiling face and an endearing voice all too often.

God bless you dimity.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Ms. Sidney,

Thanks for opening this discussion.

Speaking for many members of the general MJ on line fan community, I hope that such a discussion will also lead to heal many rifts (which still exist within our community). Also it is 'bout time to identify the last of the moles lurking about our community.

I personally reside miles away from Cali & have never had the pleasure to meet MJ, visit Neverland or to chat and hang out with members of his 'inner circle' (or those who claim to be). The politics, division, drama & backstabbing within the fan community appears to be based on 2 ultimate goals:

1.) A desire to gain personal access to Mr. Jackson/Jackson family members.

2.) To profit personally/financially from Mr. Jackson's name/celebrity by
A.) Selling info to the media
B.) Profiting from the organized efforts of the MJ fan community

Sadly, some members have even fallen victim to schemes developed by other 'fans' who promise inside access to either MJ himself/his family or his staff (inner circle). It's no surprise that many of these schemes usually end with victims being either defrauded (financially) & having their names slandered/discredited within the on line community. The later usually occurs when they attempt to expose the scam artists & moles lurking within our community.

Tragically, there still remains 4 very separate groups within our community:

The general membership:

Those who frequent MJ sites for news, updates, general discussion & fellowship...bought together by a common interest (musician/performer Michael Jackson, general news & events...etc).

Those who come for "inside knowledge" of Mr. Jackson's personal life with hopes of gaining direct access to him.:scratch:????!!!

Members who delude themselves into thinking they are somehow part of Mr. Jackson's/the Jackson family '"inner circle". Certain members sadly appear to base their own self worth upon achieving '2nd tier' (or a personal level of) celebrity within the MJ fan community. These individuals even seek the media's help in doing so (are often willing to do damage/resort to spite if they don't have their way).:no:

The final group consists of the scam artists and parasites (journalists:smilerolleyes:) seeking to prey upon all of the above.

The above is made clear by all of political traps, posturing & taking of sides within our discussion threads. All too often, the general on line community is left confused (out of the loop) when topics of discussion or planned fan events are derailed (cause they took a back seat to the inside politics within our community). Many members find themselves attacked in threads for simply agreeing/disagreeing with a member of a 'certain clique' or someone considered an 'elite fan'.

I say this because I hate to witness Mr. Jackson's on line community being used as a venue for those seeking to do harm (to Mr. Jackson, his family , the reputation of his staff or his fans). Also, we need to take greater care/concern to alert the overall community when we are approached by scam artists or reps of the media.

Please don't be afraid/ashamed to come forward & inform the general membership if you are/have been a victim of any of the above!

It is the responsibility of a "community" to look after & support its members.
A divided fan community remains an easy target for those seeking to take advantage of both Mr. Jackson (his family/staff) & the fans.

Last edited:
Ms. Sidney,

Thanks for opening this discussion.

Speaking for many members of the general MJ on line fan community, I hope that such a discussion will also lead to heal many rifts (which still exist within our community). Also it is 'bout time to identify the last of the moles lurking about our community.

I personally reside miles away from Cali & have never had the pleasure to meet MJ, visit Neverland or to chat and hang out with members of his 'inner circle' (or those who claim to be). The politics, division, drama & backstabbing within the fan community appears to be based on 2 ultimate goals:

1.) A desire to gain personal access to Mr. Jackson/Jackson family members.

2.) To profit personally/financially from Mr. Jackson's name/celebrity by
A.) Selling info to the media
B.) Profiting from the organized efforts of the MJ fan community

Sadly, some members have even fallen victim to schemes developed by other 'fans' who promise inside access to either MJ himself/his family or his staff (inner circle). It's no surprise that many of these schemes usually end with victims being either defrauded (financially) & having their names slandered/discredited within the on line community. The later usually occurs when they attempt to expose the scam artists & moles lurking within our community.

Tragically, there still remains 4 very separate groups within our community:

The general membership:

Those who frequent MJ sites for news, updates, general discussion & fellowship...bought together by a common interest (musician/performer Michael Jackson, general news & events...etc).

Those who come for "inside knowledge" of Mr. Jackson's personal life with hopes of gaining direct access to him.:scratch:????!!!

Members who delude themselves into thinking they are somehow part of Mr. Jackson's/the Jackson family '"inner circle". Certain members sadly appear to base their own self worth upon achieving '2nd tier' (or a personal level of) celebrity within the MJ fan community. These individuals even seek the media's help in doing so (are often willing to do damage/resort to spite if they don't have their way).:no:

The final group consists of the scam artists and parasites (journalists:smilerolleyes:) seeking to prey upon all of the above.

The above is made clear by all of political traps, posturing & taking of sides within our discussion threads. All too often, the general on line community is left confused (out of the loop) when topics of discussion or planned fan events are derailed (cause they took a back seat to the inside politics within our community). Many members find themselves attacked in threads for simply agreeing/disagreeing with a member of a 'certain clique' or someone considered an 'elite fan'.

I say this because I hate to witness Mr. Jackson's on line community being used as a venue for those seeking to do harm (to Mr. Jackson, his family , the reputation of his staff or his fans). Also, we need to take greater care/concern to alert the overall community when we are approached by scam artists or reps of the media.

Please don't be afraid/ashamed to come forward & inform the general membership if you are/have been a victim of any of the above!

It is the responsibility of a "community" to look after & support its membership.
A divided fan community remains an easy target for those seeking to take advantage of both Mr. Jackson (his family/staff) & the fans.

I for one completely concur about this post. I do post here, but I do not want to be afraid to express my opinion about something. And if I DO express my honest opinion about something, I do NOT want to be labeled a "troll" or "vermin".

I think this forum should be a free unfettered quest for the truth, and for free discussion - MINUS the trolls. I can see monitoring this board for trolls, but to quelch discussion among long-time members?? I don't think that's right. IMHO.

Last edited:
i'm with Dimity on this one. while i believe this thread was created with good intentions, there are places we should not tread. Michael's life is his own. fans are observers, and while there are occasions where Michael opens up his world to fans, such as the fan thing in Japan, where fans had an opportunity to go and meet him, these things are done on his terms. aside from these controlled events, it is not our place to peer into his personal life. should anyone have access to him, i pray they are of the highest integrity and are a source of good in his life. if anyone happened to be approached by someone stating they had ill will towards Michael and also had access to him (shudders) then the one who is approached has Raymone Bain as a person to whom they could convey such things, and the admins of this board could be the method of communication between the two as they have access to Raymone, and she does communicate with them. other than that, we need to butt out. this is his life. not ours. if we care, we will pray for him, and respect him enough not to tread where we should not.

I recently posted an article I wrote called Sabotage concerning Michael Jackson's career. I think it may have been moved.

I highlighted incidents surrounding the betrayal of friends and trusted associates of his but I did not inquire of the fans as to whether or not they have had contact with or are otherwise aware of individuals who they suspected were not looking out for Michael's well being.

I'm asking now.

I once read that what's done in the dark will come to light and what's whispered in secret will be shouted from the roof tops. I think Michael's fans are like friends of his and as such may have noticed actions that contradicted those of someone who would be looking out for his best interest.

I've been informed that some fans had information on a couple of Michael's previous associates long before they were discovered for some of the wrong things they were doing. Had those fans had access to tell him or someone who actually cared for him who had access then he'd likely have been spared a lot of grief...

The media has not been alone in attempts of sabotaging Michael Jackson's career and they haven't stopped- do you think others have?

I have a few questions --->only for those who care about Michael Jackson:

1. Do you think there are still people in Michael Jackson's inner or outer circle getting perks or payoffs for selling him out? Sweet talking media scum bags perhaps to feel important, whispering rumors behind his back etc.?

2. Do you think there are those in Michael's life trying to stifle truth that would help or protect him?

OR

3. Do you think all of the vermin have been exterminated from Michael Jackson's life?

I would be humbly appreciative if any of you would take the time to read my article and offer me any feedback- good or bad. Let me know if you'd like me to stop writing about Michael or if by some miracle you would like to hear more from me.

When I say I would appreciate it - I honestly mean that from the depths of my heart. Please, let me know what you think and how you feel. I will greatly appreciate it!

If you'd like to but can't find my article "Sabotage" here and would like to read it- please visit http://www.myspace.com/sharonbsidney
http://www.myspace.com/sharonsidney
or write me at diversity2003c@hotmail.com

Dear Ms.Sidney,
1.) I think there will always be people in Mr.Jackson's life that will say & do anything for money for their own personal gain, ego trip, jealousness...It is the nature of the business....however, there are with technological advances ect. to at least try to minimize unethical practices of Mr.Jackson's inner/outer circle.

2.) Sometimes I feel that people that care about Mr.Jackson tend to keep things from him. They may think their intentions good but...

When I have more time, If you wish I will continue with this conversation. I really got to go...

Be Safe And Have A Great Day!

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

i'm with Dimity on this one. while i believe this thread was created with good intentions, there are places we should not tread. Michael's life is his own. fans are observers, and while there are occasions where Michael opens up his world to fans, such as the fan thing in Japan, where fans had an opportunity to go and meet him, these things are done on his terms. aside from these controlled events, it is not our place to peer into his personal life. should anyone have access to him, i pray they are of the highest integrity and are a source of good in his life. if anyone happened to be approached by someone stating they had ill will towards Michael and also had access to him (shudders) then the one who is approached has Raymone Bain as a person to whom they could convey such things, and the admins of this board could be the method of communication between the two as they have access to Raymone, and she does communicate with them. other than that, we need to butt out. this is his life. not ours. if we care, we will pray for him, and respect him enough not to tread where we should not.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I hear what you are saying Motown Lady. However, trying to identify the underlying motives of fans/trolls and to control their influence is a very tall order. I think that God would have to send an army of angels down from heaven to protect Michael and all of his sincere ‘followers’ from the greed that flows not far below the surface of many who pursue him. (I pray that a band of angels does indeed protect Michael!) The staff on the forum has a certain amount of control in filtering out trouble makers, but I’m sure that it is not an easy job. As with any “neighbourhood watch” we all have a responsibility to each other to report suspicious behaviour that seems to be detrimental to Michael or the fans. I’m not talking about prying into his personal or business affairs, but just being a responsible member of a forum. I would not be surprised if most of us have been stung in some way by unscrupulous characters met through MJ Fan communities, and it seems that those with the purest hearts are the ones most likely to be hurt.

All communities (on-line or otherwise) have their own politics, social cliques and pecking orders. The thing about a fan forum is that the majority of members are strongly motivated in some way with regard to Michael—whether it is to support him with their love, or in order to get close to him, to enjoy him, or to exploit him. Passion is an innate quality in most of us, or else we would not be fans by definition. There are some fans who value Michael so highly that they would sell their grandmother for a glance at him. I have been shocked to discover the lengths that some people will go to, to get “a piece of him.” It saddens me, and frankly, it makes me feel reticent to get to know people on the forum. And then of course, there are the moles who come to divide and conquer. What can we do about them, but be vigilant?

Over the years that I have been here, I have learned not to be so trusting, but I believe that if one wants to hang out in the “shadow” of Michael—even his shadow so remotely cast as in the form of a fan-forum, one must necessarily learn to beware the vultures. There will always be vultures attracted to Michael, and so very many of them looking, for all the world, like adoring fans. And more vultures again who use Michael’s fame to prey upon the fans for their own gratification. I am actually in awe of how Michael copes—how he survives the thongs of folk who “love’ him (want him, need him, must have him, desperately desire him). If I feel insecure on a forum because of such types, knowing that they are exploitative and motivated by selfish ambition, how must he feel everywhere he goes?

if anyone happened to be approached by someone stating they had ill will towards Michael and also had access to him (shudders) then the one who is approached has Raymone Bain as a person to whom they could convey such things.

You're making miss Bain out to be more than she is. She's a spokesperson, people, not more than that.

It is obvious that there is a lot of sincere caring and sense of protectiveness towards Mr. Jackson. I agree with Dimity and friend however. Most of us are not in a position to be making judgements about who is or is not harmful to Michael. Hopefully anyone who is close to him these days is honest and true.

There will always be people with varying motives and degrees of integrity in any community of people. To foster suspicion and approach all people with the first thought in mind that they may be evil only misses the opportunity to see and foster good in the world. We all take chances every day and Michael must as well. It is up to Michael and those who ARE close to him to decide who means harm or perhaps just how to respond to those who while not meaning harm present problems. Eliminating all risk is to stop living.

We should be willing in this community to accept risk as well and not be so quick to judge. I believe there are none of us so pure or all knowing on this board that we should be judging others. So often there are things we do not see or could not understand unless we 'walked a mile in the other's shoes'. This board is a wonderful place to get glimpses into others hearts if we are only open with our own and ready to listen and question with an open mind. In time, if there are those with ill intent, they are revealed without witch hunts.

Last edited:
It is obvious that there is a lot of sincere caring and sense of protectiveness towards Mr. Jackson. I agree with Dimity and friend however. Most of us are not in a position to be making judgements about who is or is not harmful to Michael. Hopefully anyone who is close to him these days is honest and true.

There will always be people with varying motives and degrees of integrity in any community of people. To foster suspicion and approach all people with the first thought in mind that they may be evil only misses the opportunity to see and foster good in the world. We all take chances every day and Michael must as well. It is up to Michael and those who ARE close to him to decide who means harm or perhaps just how to respond to those who while not meaning harm present problems. Eliminating all risk is to stop living.

We should be willing in this community to accept risk as well and not be so quick to judge. I believe there are none of us so pure or all knowing on this board that we should be judging others. So often there are things we do not see or could not understand unless we 'walked a mile in the other's shoes'. This board is a wonderful place to get glimpses into others hearts if we are only open with our own and ready to listen and question with an open mind. In time, if there are those with ill intent, they are revealed without witch hunts.

I couldn't have said it better myself.:clapping:

Thank you 82Thriller84! I really appreciate the compliment!

Motown Lady,

I am prayerfully searching for words right now so the things I have to say would not be distorted or misinterpreted- seeing that I am a journalist. Perhaps the best I can do is to begin with some basic information about my stance concerning Michael Jackson and my personal purpose for making these inquiries and creating articles about Michael.

I believe that Michael Jackson is an innocent man that has suffered enormously without cause.

I like many others have wondered and prayed how is that so many people have come into Michael's life only to do him harm.

I spoke with an individual when they were previously working with Michael and asked about Martin Bashir. I recall saying that I may have more discernment than a lot of people but anyone should have been able to tell that he was up to no good.

I was told that by the time they caught Martin Bashir doing things he should not have he'd already been following Michael for several months and that it was "too late to do anything then..."

I wondered could someone else have done something? Could they have?

I learned during Michael's trial that people weren't just popping up out of no where and harming him - they were being planted in his life. People who sincerely cared for him were being pushed away.

During the trial I did reporting for the justice system .net, a series of locally televised interviews on OST and a few brief slots with other media entities, giving insite on what occured in court. I provided honest accounts of what actually transpired often illustrating the ridiculousness of many of the accusations.

I took notes to the point that not only my hand would become sore daily but my finger had become indented holding the pens against my thumb. It actually stayed that way for months after the trial. My vigorous note taking was not to turn in a daily report or conduct an interview- for that I relied on my memory. I took extensive notes because I had witness far too much deception and ill intentions within the court and if at any point information were to mysteriously be stricken I intended to have it in my notes.

To this day I still recall Jermaine saying on television that the trial was nothing more than a modern day lynching. My first thought was to doubt Jermaines assertion - that is until I sat through the preliminary hearings. Hence my extensive notes.

Though it may seem foolish to write to the point where it feels your finger is about to bleed it felt right. Sometimes in life we make personal sacrifices to look out for the well being of others. That's what I did. That's what I've often done. That's what I'm doing.

It takes time to write an articles in hopes of shedding light on truth. It hurts a bit not knowing how or if they will be received well by Michael's fans. Still, I write without knowing in hopes that they will and his fans will use them to share with people who are not fans of his.

I know that some people may criticise me for it but it's what I do. I'm sorry if my words aren't perfect or I don't say everything just the right way but I try. I'm growing. Sometimes I am in such a hurry and overburdened with situations in my personal life but compelled to write- I look back later and find mistakes then beat myself over it.

All in all- I started this thread because I care. I write because I care. I believe there are still people lurking around Michael's "inner circle" or "second tier" as you might call it who are not looking out for his well being. I don't think the people who attempted to sabotage his life got as far as they did without a lot of people turning a blind eye or serving as allies and I think it's highly unlikely that they are all gone. Does anyone else feel this way?

Sharon, you ask us to read the article in your blog but when I went there I see that we needed to join to see the article. Is it possible to pm it to me if you don't want to post it on the board? thanks.

I hope it's okay. Here it is.

June 7, 2008

Sabotage
Written by: Sharon B. Sidney

Michael Jackson has been a media target for quite some time and attacks against him have seemed to be quite contrived. The sad fact is that a name synonymously associated with mesmerizing talent and humanitarian efforts has also been viciously linked with allegations, innuendo and scandal.

I am not hesitant to state that allegations of child molestation, the worst of these vastly broadcast concoctions, received the least media retraction when Michael was proven not guilty in "the state of California VS Michael Jackson." The medias blood quest of "salacious" headlines steamrolled during that 2005 trial where children in which the prosecution accused Michael Jackson of molesting testified in Jackson's defense stating that he had never committed such acts against them. One witness perhaps neither for or against verbally second guessed almost every statement that came out of his mouth before even getting a cross examination.

The accusers and the so called witnesses against Jackson committed acts of perjury and the district attorney Tom Sneddon himself was caught "tampering with evidence" amongst other things. During and after the trial when Michael was vindicated and proven not guilty, the media turned a blind eye and spoke with stifled tongues concerning anything shedding light on Michael Jackson's obvious innocence.

If you were to review transcripts during the trial in 2005 you would discover some of the information that was revealed against several people -planted and placed- in Jackson's life - who appeared-to be allies but were literally working against him.

These individuals operated in a variety of capacities with the media being one of them. Many meetings I am sure were conducted without people being aware, palms were greased and lies concocted. Though some of these people have been discovered and obviously terminated from amongst Jackson's staff and association it is improbable that all such people have been disinfected from amongst those whom would have access to information concerning Mr. Jackson be it directly or indirectly.

Imagine if you will a carefully collaborated effort being enacted step by successful or failed step for a succession of years to scandalize, distort and pervert Michael Jackson's image in efforts of reducing his capacity of financial gain. In these efforts people were not only brought into Michael Jackson's business dealings and network but were also given the capacity to bring others onboard or keep out those who would look out for his best interest. They attempted to direct and dictate who would have access to Michael Jackson in their efforts of controlling him, his life and finances.

The likely motive behind the initiators of these actions of sabotage is wisely presumed to prevent Mr. Jackson from repaying a loan he had acquired using his stakes in the Sony ATV catalog as collateral. Michael holds fifty percent of the stock holdings for the Sony ATV catalog which has a current estimated worth of about one billion dollars!

It is highly unlikely that these calculating individuals ended their quest after having light shed on their devious efforts and in lieu of this I advise you all to read and pass this along and be dispersers of truth rather than victims of lies.

June 5, 2008

Negotiations - Should Michael Jackson perform in Vegas?
Written by Sharon B. Sidney

It seems as though someone has enlisted the help of an MSNBC correspondent in the efforts of hindering possible negotiations for Michael Jackson concerts in Vegas- - - that is if such negotiations are taking place...

I located an obscure article titled "Jackson faces uphill moonwalk for Vegas shows - Negative publicity surrounding him may hurt chances for successful concerts."

The article seemed to be so obscure that I concluded if there are discussions underway and financial earning potentials being discussed by Mr. Jackson and other conglomerates, then such writings and poll would be an ideal way for some entity to attempt to sidetrack possible negotiations.

Imagine if you will people in business meetings - be it in the board room, at a boxing match, over lunch or dinner discussing who is entitled to what percentage of possible future earnings and someone bringing up the possible "risk factor" associated with Jackson's publicity.

What greater way to create and play up a bargaining chip than to leak the info to some media insiders who in turn begin a what if campaign painting Jackson's selling potential in a possible negative light. Just a thought.

I'm not saying that is in fact happening, however I will say that it would be wise for Jackson to counter the attack by reminding people of who Michael Jackson is and what he has done as far as record and performance sales throughout the decades and globe. A status of which no other star can claim.

It would be wise for people to take notice of the fact that despite the onslaught of negative media and falsified allegations hurled against Jackson- his supporters still stand strong and public interest even during his trial in 2005 brought on by outlandish allegations was to such an amazing extent that even a war received less press coverage. Jackson was acquitted haven been proven not guilty of charges alleged against him.

If you think all eyes were on that trumped up jury trial just imagine the public yearnings to view history making live performances by Michael Jackson in concert !

I personally would love it if Mr. Jackson were to launch a series of concert shows in Vegas but to be honest with you after seeing his mesmerizing performances in NYC I would be more than willing to make an excuse to travel to Japan or Germany if so he should instead choose to accept possible deals offered there or other places. I recently acquired my passport!

Perhaps a quick review of current record sales alone of the re-release of Thriller would help these potential business entities appreciate the fact that a percentage of Jackson's fans are gobbling up anything he throws down- even if it is twenty five years old which gives us a glimpse at the ongoing fascination and unhindered appeal of the celebrity that is Michael Jackson. Thriller twenty five has outsold many new releases without Jackson having made a single appearance to directly promote it. An even greater number of MJ supporters are waiting for something new to sink their cash into and there are still those who are indisputably captivated by his stardom, wishing for a chance to see him live and in person.

The author writes "Also to consider is that with existing acts such as Elton John, Cher and Bette Midler, audiences tend to skew older and are comprised generally of people with the disposable to spend at the gambling tables and the restaurants and bars inside the casinos. In Jackson's case, judging by the hordes outside his 2005 trial, he draws a younger crowd that might not be inclined to shell out for the extras.

I don't think this guy was even around Jackson's trial in 2005 because if he was he would know that a large percentage of the "hordes outside of the trial" were diverse in ages with people who dropped crazy bucks down to travel not only across the country but hopping the globe. They spent huge amounts of money on hotel stays, shopping, alcohol and many still found time to gamble at the Chumash Casino.

I have heard people plan their trip to Vegas and attempt to see Selene Dion or some other artist perform while they are there and that's great but with Michael Jackson - he is the reason to go to Vegas - everything else revolves around that.

I have actually been in talks with people who haven't ever even bought a Michael Jackson CD who say that they would love to see him perform. Why? Because he is an icon and a musical genius and not one single article or allegation could trample the dazzling display of his legacy.

Should such concerts in Vegas "rumors" be true- my hopes are that all goes well with negotiations and that Vegas has enough room to accommodate the unprecedented flocking of the nations who will cluster to witness the re emergence of the infamous King of Pop.

Sharon B. Sidney

Below is the article by MSNBC correspondent:

Date: Jun 4, 2008 10:47 AM

By Michael Ventre
MSNBC contributor
updated 3:33 p.m. PT, Tues., June.

3, 2008
There is only one place on earth where the goblins from the "Thriller" video, the exotic animals from Neverland Ranch, the lawyers, the celebrity siblings, the media, the fans, the plastic surgeons and the white glove can come together in moonwalking bliss to celebrate Michael Jackson: Las Vegas.

Rumors persist that Jackson might not only crawl out of Incognito Land, but could hit The Strip with a splash. While there's been no verification, the buzz has it that Jackson might agree to perform an extended engagement similar to those of Celine Dion, Elton John, Cher and Bette Midler.

Last year, the New York Daily News reported that Jackson was planning to erect a 50-foot robotic likeness of himself in full view of incoming planes to coincide with a lengthy series of concerts.

Imagine the stir. Michael Jackson, the King of Pop ("*****," as he is affectionately known in British tabloids), who has been worshipped across the globe for his incomparable success as a recording artist and performer but has been hammered by critics for his alleged indiscretions with young boys, could join the ranks of Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, Penn & Teller and other semi-permanent acts.

"I've heard the rumors for over a year and a half about it," said Michael Isaac, who for the past eight years has run a business called preferredticket. com, which sells ducats to all Las Vegas attractions and shows.

Does he think it will happen?

"Probably not," he said. "He's a guy who has such a negative connotation with his name right now. There are a lot of anti-Michael Jackson people out there. There aren't a lot of anti-Celine Dion or anti-Elton people.

"

Possible venues
If such a show does take place, it would likely be at Caesars Palace, if rumors are to be believed. The legendary casino built the 4,300-seat Colosseum — which opened in March 2003 — specifically to house Dion's shows. It is the largest such room with regular headliners in town, perfect for a big act. By comparison, the Las Vegas Hilton's Hilton Theater, which is playing host to an extended Barry Manilow run, seats 1,700.

Slide show

The week in celebrity sightings
Ashlee and Pete match hairdos, Brad and Maddox hit the pits, Mariah throws a pitch and more.

more photos

But don't count out the smaller theater. A star of Jackson's caliber may prefer a larger stage, but investment company Colony Capital, which owns the Las Vegas Hilton, bought out the star's loan on his Neverland Ranch when it nearly went into foreclosure in May. And that could mean Colony's owed a lengthy favor in the form of a show.

Many entertainers — from Elvis to Sinatra and others — have played extended runs over the years. But those engagements usually lasted about two weeks or so. (Dion did 717 shows over five years, with tickets going from $100 to $250 a pop.

)

"Of course, we try to find artists who have sold many, many records and who have millions of fans who are capable of traveling to Las Vegas and filling a showroom of this size," explained Gary Selesner, president of Caesars Palace. "We're also very careful to work with people who are great partners and who understand that the task of filling a room night after night requires a lot of effort and dedication to the market.

"

While Selesner would not comment specifically on the Jackson rumors — "You see them from time to time in the gossip columns in Las Vegas," he said — the choice of an act for such a lengthy stay at the casino would come about only after a great deal of discussion and consideration.

Such an artist, he said, must have "wide-ranging appeal. If not, it's doomed to failure.

"

Daunting obstacles
Though Jackson has certainly been successful in the past (he fronted the Jackson Five and sold more than 750 million records worldwide) and has a large catalog of hits to draw from for a show, his more recent troubles could hurt the chances of a successful engagement.

Take into consideration two highly charged and publicized sexual molestation cases involving young boys in 1993 and 2005 (he settled out of court for the former and was acquitted in the latter). On top of that, he's been subject to negative publicity ranging from broken marriages to plastic surgery mishaps to dangling his baby from a balcony.

Also to consider is that with existing acts such as Elton John, Cher and Bette Midler, audiences tend to skew older and are comprised generally of people with the disposable income to spend at the gambling tables and the restaurants and bars inside the casinos. In Jackson's case, judging by the hordes outside his 2005 trial, he draws a younger crowd that might not be inclined to shell out for the extras.

His Q rating (a method used to measure an individual's public appeal) has taken a fall in recent years, too. Henry Schafer, vice president of New York-based The Q Scores Co., reports that in 2006 (the last period of measurement for Jackson), the performer's Positive Q score among adults declined by 50 percent to a 7 over the 20-year period prior to '06. During that same time, his Negative Q score grew by 40 percent to a 69. (A good positive Q score is in the mid to high 20s, whereas a good Negative Q score is in the high teens.

)

"For most personalities, there is a gradual movement up or down over time as their career evolves — unless there is a 'traumatic' professional or social occurrence in their lives that affects public opinion," said Schafer. "In these instances, particularly the bad ones, public reaction is heavily influenced by the way in which the celebrity handles the situation.

"

And since Jackson has recognition across all age groups for his Q rating – positive and negative — it's not clear that there's any one age group that would support him or his possible show in Vegas.

With all this, it's difficult to gauge the possibility of a fruitful extended run. Of course, in a variation of that old "Field of Dreams" line, if you book him, maybe they will come anyway.

"It's a very positive thing for (the stars') careers," said preferredticket. com's Isaac. "I think Celine's shows here enhanced her popularity even more.

"

He also added that he has heard rumors about acts such as Britney Spears, Madonna and U2 doing extended engagements. "Vegas is unlike any other city. People come to Vegas for entertainment.

"

© 2008 MSNBC Interactive

Below is a list of their questions and a link to their poll:

Would you pay to see Michael Jackson in concert in Las Vegas?

- Absolutely! I love Michael and would pay top dollar.

- If tickets weren't too expensive, yes.

- I might. I'm curious to see how weird he is in real life.

- Not a chance.

To vote, please GO TO :

http://www.
msnbc. msn.

com/id/24955872/

Thanks. MJ will be fine.

I too believe he will be fine but I think his fans have the power to make him so much more than fine. If there are still people slipping stories to media and stabbing Michael in the back then truth still needs to come forth.

Do you agree?

LOL just answer the question, or don't. It's not that serious.

Personally, I do believe that there will always be snakes surrounding Michael. That's just how it is in the entertainment industry...especially if you're Michael Jackson, let's be real.

They're always going to be there...people who he thought he could trust, who may stab him in the back. That's just how it goes in anyone's life, really. But yeah...bless his heart, I hope all is well with him.

^LOL i'll decide in what manner i post or don't. that's my choice.

Beautiful!!!

i dont think mj will ever be free of backstabbers. aslong as theres money to made out of him. no i dont think everyone is out. to much crap over the last year has still been leaked whether it be true or false to the likes of friedman. i dont beleive they make things ups themselves (if they are false) they all come from somewhere. it all depends on how much control mj has taken in who he allows into his life. of course you cant read minds interms of what they ppl may do in the future but u help reduce the chances by being careful about who u allow in

I hope and pray God keeps Michael safe from all those people with evil intentions. I hope thst one day this board will not harbour scum.

mj has to keep himself safe no one else will do it for him.

well i dont think fans will be in his inner circle such as weisner ect. sadly it was the fans who tried to warn him but couldnt get through.

It takes time to write an articles in hopes of shedding light on truth. It hurts a bit not knowing how or if they will be received well by Michael's fans. Still, I write without knowing in hopes that they will and his fans will use them to share with people who are not fans of his.

I know that some people may criticise me for it but it's what I do. I'm sorry if my words aren't perfect or I don't say everything just the right way but I try. I'm growing. Sometimes I am in such a hurry and overburdened with situations in my personal life but compelled to write- I look back later and find mistakes then beat myself over it.

All in all- I started this thread because I care. I write because I care. I believe there are still people lurking around Michael's "inner circle" or "second tier" as you might call it who are not looking out for his well being. I don't think the people who attempted to sabotage his life got as far as they did without a lot of people turning a blind eye or serving as allies and I think it's highly unlikely that they are all gone. Does anyone else feel this way?
Sharon, I can empathise with your love for Michael and your desire to protect him. If I’d been sitting in the court room at the trial and if I had observed duplicity in those who claimed to be his close friends and confidents I would have felt just as desperate as you to convey whatever helpful intelligence I could to Michael. It must have been stressful and frustrating for you.

I’m trying to figure out what you would like to achieve through presenting your articles to the fan community… They are well-written and convey your passion for Michael. If this thread is just a casual question thrown out there “Have all the vermin been eliminated from Michael’s life?” then we could all hazard a casual guess (and in most cases people would guess “no”.) But I’m picking up an intensity behind your question, and your article that makes me wonder if you are wishing that the fans would be more actively concerned about weeding out vermin in Michael’s life.

See here is the dilemma…
• A fan, with no access to Michael’s personal life, has a very superficial view of how others may be affecting Michael. As I said before, to meddle, particularly by arousing suspicions, speculating and casting aspersions on others (particularly those close to him) in a public arena might do Michael more harm than good. We all need to look out for media moles and trouble-makers on the forum, and to counter negative publicity with our responses to the media, but aside from that I don’t think that the general fan community can take it upon themselves to police the vermin in Michael’s life. They simply don’t know enough to make reliable judgements on Michael’s behalf and if they should happen to stumble upon something of significance it aught to be handed on to those who do know the bigger picture, so that it can be dealt with professionally.
• Those who are part of Michael’s “inner circle” of confidants or employees certainly aught not to be voicing their opinions about the vermin in his life on a public forum. They may in fact have some power of influence over him—some ability to warn him and thus protect him, but that is not because they are fans. It is because they are part of his private life.

Do you agree? If not, what do you propose?

So, as I said, I’m not sure how you are wanting fans to respond to your article, other than to agree with you that there probably are still people trying to make trouble for Michael (and likely always will be, considering the motivation of greed.) Most of us are not in a position to say anything more, nor to join some kind of “underground forum-based intelligence force” to weed out the bad guys. You’re probably not implying that we should be. But I remain a bit confused about what you want to achieve by drawing the fan’s attention to this. I can see how sincere you are and how passionately you feel about it, so I’d like to understand. I’m not trying to put you down or dismiss your concerns.

Yes it was moved :flowers: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51653

Beautiful post :flowers:

well said friend :clapping:

As for the discussion of fans I think also the avaliability of the internet has created a whole new breed of MJ fans. The internet makes everything instantaneous and because of that greed and desperation can easily settle in. Especially when there are stretches of time where nothing MJish occurs. It's like an addicition. People log in everyday hoping that they'll be the first to hear the next bit of gossip that will hopefully turn out to be true and thus quench their thirst for more knowledge... and fulfill that desire to know something before someone else does.

I'm not saying that MJ fans are becoming evil in their desire to know everything, but merely that they are perhaps falling under the spell of the internet itself. The internet and its offer for knowledge and the ability to go where many of us could never go before can often tempt people as well as trick us into believeing the trolls, fake "informers" and false people who claim to be connected. As for spotting fakes.... that is usually very hard, all I can honestly say is that if you don't see MJJC staff backing or supporting or approving of a random person who claims to know something... well chances are there's a good reason for it :lol:

Back