Favourite Christmas Song/s?

Yay! Someone else who knows it haha :D

I URGE EVERYONE HERE TO LISTEN TO THE SONG I POSTED. THERE IS NO OTHER SONG THAT CAPTURES THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS LIKE IT.

I know exactly what song you were talking about ...Home Alone is like the Bible at Christmas for me....Both my sister and I have made it a tradition to watch it every year on December 1st..that's the official day to start watching both Home Alones

^ I love Home Alone too. Their songs are amazing. I started watching Home Alone already :wub: Christmas Star is my favorite song

I love Jackson 5 Christmas too :wub::wub:

I have my favorites, but Wham's "Last Christmas" and The Jackson 5's "Give A Little Love On Christmas Day" are among my faves.

George Michael had a great Christmas song last year which he performed on the X factor. I think I might have a little listen to it now.....then I wont listen to it again till Christmas time.

Seriously give this a listen to, he really captures that 'winter sound' if there is such a thing haha

I know it's corny but I still LOVE "All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey even though I've heard it a billion times. For me it's the ultimate Christmas song, as soon as I hear it I think of snow, Santa, Christmas trees, dinner etc. even if it's in the middle of the summer (yes, I'm one of those sad people who start looking forward to Christmas already in July lol) :)

[youtube]_ymlnxMZkXA&ob=av2e[/youtube]

I took a little listen to the song 'Christmas Star' which I posted when I opened the thread. I feel bad because it should still be another 25 days before I can officially star listening to them.

But I seriously urge all of you to listen to it, its truly the most beautiful song I have ever heard in my life. No exagerration, it can literally turn your entire mood around with one listen. I feel completely refreshed after listening to it, like it has erased any bad feelings I have been having.

I will argue a strong case against anyone that it is the best Christmas song ever made, and one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. It is that good. Its a pity that I can only listen to it once a year without feeling guilty haha

Danish Christmas song

[youtube]JXsvKphqAFo&feature=related[/youtube]

International Christmas song

[youtube]w5cX_ncZLls&feature=related[/youtube]

I never liked much of Christmas Songs, that didn't mean I have no spirit, I do have a lot of Christmas spirit in me, it's just Christmas songs are my kinda thing. I only have a very few I like though.

"Do They Know It's Christmas"- Band Aid
"Christmas Present"- Love Hina OST (Instrumental)

when Christmas was a favorite holiday of mine & its no longer a good holiday for my family, it was Disney's / Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carols. And I still love Nat King Cole's .....'Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...'

I would have loved to hear Michael do a Christmas song or LaToya and Janet too, do some holiday songs!!

I love Paul McCartney-Wonderful Christmas Time

Allways reminds me of Christmas when I was younger.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

My favorites:

"Let There Be Peace On Earth" by Vince Gill

"Mary Did You Know" by Kenny Rogers & Wynonna

"The Christmas Shoes" by New Song

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cIGiX-vc6M8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cIGiX-vc6M8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My all-time favorite version of my favorite traditional Christmas carol. My mom had a bunch of Mannheim Steamroller tapes back when I was a kid in the '80s/early '90s and always played them during the holidays. I think this one's been my favorite since I was about nine or ten years old.

Favorite non-traditional Christmas songs: The Kinks "Father Christmas", The Pogues "Fairytale Of New York"

My favourites are:

[YOUTUBE]yXQViqx6GMY[/YOUTUBE]

Also 2 from Spongebob

[YOUTUBE]FKU2hQMdGXY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qTlfvHXu6Z4[/YOUTUBE]

Ronnie Milsap ~ It's Just Not Christmas (If I Can't Spend It with You)

Considering the season that is upon us I thought we could share some tunes to get into the holiday spirit with songs from around the world and along the ages.

ANY genre, language and tradition is welcome as long as they deal with Christmas and/or winter themes. This thread is for those who celebrate the birth of Christ, but also for those who simply embrace the magic of nature. It is for kids from 1 to 92 who haven't lost their sense of marvel, faith in the beauty of the world and human kind(ness).

Central and Eastern Europe seems a pretty awesome start to the journey :)

Last edited:
Back