Grammy's All-Star Tribute to T-25; MJ Reported to Attend/Not Perform

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grammy Performers: Beyonce, Foo Fighters...and Michael Jackson(rumor)?

Hehe no I can not see that. If he perform it will boost his sales for thriller 25 maybe + its good publicity for his next album + if he then goes to silency before his album is relased its gonna be great too + If he perform well people will be trying to get his new album becasue they still know he can dance. Which he will prove during the grammys. :rolleyes:

Over and out

I dont see how ppl are going to buy an music album because they saw him dance. You cant see him dance on a CD plus theyve been seeing him dance for 40 years. Everybody wants new music. And MJ is deffo not gonna to perform at the Grammys my friend. If you keep saying that your gonna look quite the fool when he doesnt perform.

Peace!

i think a video message and a t25 tribute is more likely than an appearance. if he was to show up we'd know it already. thats what i think at least. i guess we'll have to wait and see

I am so happy for Michael everyting floats his boat this time around :D

It'd be so great to see him perform at the Grammy's! I really hope it's true.

Hehe no I can not see that. If he perform it will boost his sales for thriller 25 maybe + its good publicity for his next album + if he then goes to silency before his album is relased its gonna be great too + If he perform well people will be trying to get his new album becasue they still know he can dance. Which he will prove during the grammys. :rolleyes:

Over and out
what are you talking about???michael has to prove if he can dance???i think all of these who are going to perfom on grammys are trying to prove what they can do not michael !!!he has nothing to prove to anyone!!
actually i dont want him to perform now not for thriller25
(i dont want to see his first comeback on stage to be a duet with anyone!!i want him solo perform) i just want to see him there.looking really good and really well dressed..and let the new age to pay tribute..i want his first comeback on stage to be with totaly new material with totaly new look and go out kick some ass...

I just wanted to say that with Michael resurfacing as the great artist that he is.. unfortunately.. the haters will also be there to try to distract us...

Michael is strong & focused..........I am not too worried about him.. but sometimes.. I do feel we let these folks distract us...

stay strong and alert!

Actually, Diane Dimond is the only source to all of the articles you posted on the first page ^_^. Even the ones that cite Tom O'Neill or Los Angeles Times are still based entirely on Diane Dimond's original "90 percent" claims. Tom O'Neil is the one who first got the information from her (late last night) before all the others recycled it.

In my opinion, Diane Dimond is basing her claims mostly off of the memo sent to radio stations and the promotional plans Sony unveiled, which stated: "Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie"

true.. I have heard the rumour about the Grammy's from other sources.. and after that Akon interview.. many of us.. connected some dots too...

Michael makes that b***tch.. horny..and she is about to climax with all this T25 promo (excuse my wording)...

don't let her distract you.. she has no inside info.. she is just doing what we are doing...
PLEASE take the focus.. off this wretch..redirect back to Mike...the Phoenix is about to take flight...

his legacy continues.................don't miss it...

Last edited:

true.. I have heard the rumour about the Grammy's from other sources.. and after that Akon interview.. many of us.. connected some dots too...

Michael makes that b***tch.. horny..and she is about to climax with all this T25 promo (excuse my wording)...

don't let her distract you.. she has no inside info.. she is just doing what we are dong...
PLEASE take the focus.. off his wretch..redirect back to Mike...the Phoenix is about to take flight...

his legacy continues.................don't miss it...

I just love the way you summed it up here RP. :lol::punk:

I prefer him to stay away from the grammy awards.. I highly doubt he'll be there.. Of course with a tribute to him in anyway, will start rumors of him being there..

I want him to stay out of public site untill his NEW album. Something via satilight would be cool and all.. But it's best to keep people guessing and waiting.. He loves the SHOCK factor. The biggest shock he can give them, is showing them out of suprize.. Hearing new vocals shows, that he can still sing.. Now people will wonder if he can still make new hit records, if he can still dance his butt off.. etc.. If people see it now, there will be less of a SUPRIZE FACTOR with his new album..

As for where the rumor of MJ originated from, I would not give that credit to that Demon. There are other people who also made that assumption that MJ might be at the Grammys. When MJNO.com was up, it was fans who made the assumption regarding the Grammys. I am with Rasta, it would be best if we do not waste our time on that low life, pathetic loser.

Overexposure is a good thing when it is done tactfully. In the 80s Michaelmania existed because Michael was everywhere. He released song after song on the Thriller album and exposed himself in videos and appearances which garnered him more and more fans.

The problem of overexposure is when you decide to release album after album without having the chance to grow artistically. I love the fact that Michael waits it out for 4-5 + years until he gets back into the studio. It allows his music to evolve and keeps it fresh for the new listeners.

Granted I may have over-exaggerated claiming he has built up a lot of hype and momentum seeing as the core fans are the only ones that may know about his recent appearances and photo-shoots, but he is coming out of hiding and for his album to take off, he needs to continue building upon the hype and rumors and then blast us with an awesome new single.

I just hope this time Michael will be able to release more than one single and video. Although Invincible was a commercial flop, HIStory proved that Michael can overcome the allegations and setbacks that tarnish his career with the right amount of singles and promotion. He needs to get his name back in the lights for the right reasons…

Seeing him at the Grammy's would be wonderful!! I don't know much on how the public may take it though..I hope positive!!!!

Overexposure is a good thing when it is done tactfully. In the 80s Michaelmania existed because Michael was everywhere. He released song after song on the Thriller album and exposed himself in videos and appearances which garnered him more and more fans.

The problem of overexposure is when you decide to release album after album without having the chance to grow artistically. I love the fact that Michael waits it out for 4-5 + years until he gets back into the studio. It allows his music to evolve and keeps it fresh for the new listeners.

Granted I may have over-exaggerated claiming he has built up a lot of hype and momentum seeing as the core fans are the only ones that may know about his recent appearances and photo-shoots, but he is coming out of hiding and for his album to take off, he needs to continue building upon the hype and rumors and then blast us with an awesome new single.

I just hope this time Michael will be able to release more than one single and video. Although Invincible was a commercial flop, HIStory proved that Michael can overcome the allegations and setbacks that tarnish his career with the right amount of singles and promotion. He needs to get his name back in the lights for the right reasons…

And that's what he's doing with T25. I think if Sony does their job people are gonna know about T25 and the singles...and that puts MJ fresh in their minds with out MJ HIMSELF being in everyone's face 24 7, when MJ's album is out THEN thats when the campaigning really starts.

The over exposure of MJ during Thriller was once the album had dropped and his appearances and releasing song after song on the charts was to help promote it. MJs new album hasnt dropped yet so he shouldnt be over exposed yet.

Plus we cant keep comparing everything to Thriller because that was a once off in regards to how big it was/is and will likely never happen again. Especially with physical CD sales down due to online purchasing and illegal copies are easier to get than back at the beginning of the 80s.

I hope he appears just because it would be so HUGE!!! This is the biggest night in music and he suddenly appears? Can you imagine how ridiculous they would act up in there? It moves like this that would help build huge momentum for him. Who wouldn't be saying afterwards, what's next???

Last edited:

I think he will be there.. This is the time believe it or not. He doesn't have to but he knows now it's time to come up with something. I think NRJ was just a teaser, there must be something going on, I have watched him such a long time.. If he did perform, it would blow the whole music industry, all eyes would be on him, believe it or not. He is the king of melodies, king of performances and king of excitement, that's all you need. All you need is Michael Jackson.

Naw. It'll be the time when he's done/nearly done with the album and has something to perform lol.

He would have something to perform even if the album isn't coming out. It would be just a teaser.. I don't know what he is going to be there and how but I'm pretty sure we will feel his presence there..

Yeah, I would love this. I hope he does! A perfect Milestone for the Comeback.

I agree with Dangerous Incorporated on this. Over-exposure can be a bad thing. Michael knows what he is doing. :yes:

Re: Grammy Performers: Beyonce, Foo Fighters...and Michael Jackson?

the only time the grammys will get any decent viewing figures is if they can get mj on the show.

if theres gonna be tribute performance the least they can do is create another award for him so he goes lol
:lol: Hes recieved every award, they need to keep making them...
"Uhhh, Thank you... its a complete honor to be given this, 'the person with the most awards in the world, we need to keep making up new ones' award. Its just a real honor. I love you all. Bye'

How is one appearance at the Grammy's in the last...19 years (?) overexposure? He may have actually been there once or twice for Dangerous/History, but he never got on stage I don't believe.

MJ needs positive exposure in the US right now if he is to catch a large portion of the population. Stuff that makes people remember that he's a musician and not a tabloid headline.

How is one appearance at the Grammy's in the last...19 years (?) overexposure? He may have actually been there once or twice for Dangerous/History, but he never got on stage I don't believe.

MJ needs positive exposure in the US right now if he is to catch a large portion of the population. Stuff that makes people remember that he's a musician and not a tabloid headline.

:yes: :yes: I think some of these folks who keep saying overexposure will hurt him maybe weren't either born or old enough to remember the glorious 80s, when i was a teen Michaelmania was wonderful and he wasn't overexposed because Michael always knew when to disappear and rebuild momentum and a desire to see him again, so I hope he does do the Grammys, it would be awesome he hasn't been there in 15 years, last time was in Feb 1993 before his life changed the summer of 93, he needs to be able to turn back the clock to that time when all was good.

How is one appearance at the Grammy's in the last...19 years (?) overexposure?

Thats not exactly what we're getting at but rather that MJ does do appearances and performances (which would be to old material so why...been there done that!) just to promote a little ol album called Thriller, then when his new album drops, then he should perform to new material, be seen everywhere. T25 is just a drop in the water compared to the big picture of a full campaign for the new album. T25 is a warm-up so why go full blast now? If he does that just for T25 then he'll have over-exposure. What he did with the video message was perfect. We get a taste of him not even in person and then we get nothing for abit longer.

Ummm I was watching everything MJ did during the 80s and MJ didnt do the appearance and performances until his new album came out. Michaelmania started once Thriller was already in stores. MJs new album is not. When his new album is available to buy, thats when you do appearances, performances, videos, concerts etc to remind ppl that you have an album out and then they'll go get it!

Last edited:

Thats not exactly what we're getting at but rather that MJ does do appearances and performances (which would be to old material so why...been there done that!) just to promote a little ol album called Thriller, then when his new album drops, then he should perform to new material, be seen everywhere. T25 is just a drop in the water compared to the big picture of a full campaign for the new album. T25 is a warm-up so why go full blast now? If he does that just for T25 then he'll have over-exposure. What he did with the video message was perfect. We get a taste of him not even in person and then we get nothing for abit longer.

I respectfully disagree, building momentum with appearances would bring it back to Michael the greatest performer and not the tabloid circus of the last 15 years.

I respectfully disagree, building momentum with appearances would bring it back to Michael the greatest performer and not the tabloid circus of the last 15 years.

And whats he gonna perform? Old material? Like I said been there, done that. People will say, "What cant Michael Jackson do any new songs?" This is just a re-release of an old album people. You dont run the whole marathon because you'll be exhausted by the time you get to the home stretch. In other words you dont start a full campaign now for an old album which is already the biggest selling album in the world. You leave that for the album that no one will have heard about and the next album he wants to be a huge success.

The whole point of T25 IS to build momentum for MJs new album. This is just a warm up!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back