Guilty Pleasures... Music wise ;)

Aww come on man. Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince are Hip hop legends. No need to feel embarrassed about listening to them

I have too many guilty pleasures to mention, but here are a few.

I secretly listen to A Whole new World from Aladdin and the title song from the Beauty and the Beast... and occasionally I sing along.

A while back I searched for some songs by New Edition and really got into a few songs like Telephone (the music video for this one's too funny), Can You Stand the Rain and One More Day.

And last but certainly not least, I listen to Celine Dion's French music.

:mello:

I secretly listen to A Whole new World from Aladdin and the title song from the Beauty and the Beast... and occasionally I sing along.

Yes, I may or may not know the entire soundtrack verbatim to 'Aladdin' :mello:

TTimage3.jpg

Completely guilty :ninja: :shifty:

Hmm... I love Tokio Hotel so I'd say they're a guilty pleasure because I generally don't listen to music like that.

I don't think there is such a thing. Something can only be considered "guilty" if you're worried about what someone else thinks, and I don't, so I'm not embarrased about anything.

That sums it up perfectly.

Have seen some of the 'guilty pleasures' on here, however few, and went mellow. 'Dust In The Wind', for instance, what a beautiful song that is.

I am with you here. I still listen to them sometimes. I don't care what anyone says, New Kids music was awesome. And BSB made some classic pop tunes. So there!

Beautiful... Love the Backstreets, their melodies are timeless, and just like you, I don't care what anyone says about that, it's true.

.. ^

Mine would be (those I can think of momentarily): 'Rude Boy' - Rhianna,
'I Like To Move It' - Real 2 Real,
'Amor A La Mexicana' - Thalia

Last edited:
I don't have any guilty pleasures. Music is an incredible thing and, quite simply, I like what I like. There's no shame or embarrassment in it.

Wham. :D

And when I feel like wanting to laugh my head off, I'll turn all that Eurodance stuff on- to me there is some shame attached to that stuff, but it makes me laugh at the same time. :punk:

And definitely some of my 90ies Goth collection, hehe. Some stuff I would stand up for proud, other stuff has a high level of shame attached to it, with cringing.

I also like Evanescence

Evanescence isn't a guilty pleasure. They're a very artistic and talented group, and Amy Lee is just beautiful. Granted, they kind of pale when compared to Nightwish or Within Temptation, but they are very good in their own right and have true talent.

Guilty pleasures, in my opinion, are songs or artists whose quality/talent is debatable, but whom one likes regardless. One should "know better" than to listen to that stuff, but it has a certain je ne sais quoi about it that just makes you like it for some reason. They could also be songs from people you dislike, or think are overhyped. I have a few of those, even from musicians whom I can't stand as people, like Miley Cyrus (I strongly dislike her) and Lady Gaga (I think she's an ok person, but is too arrogant and overhyped in my opinion):

None of the following songs are artistic in any way, shape, or form, but I find myself listening to them at times:

Dancing Queen-ABBA
Anything officially released by Ke$ha (whom I love with all my heart despite her being a huge sellout.) Some of her demos are actually amazing, and wouldn't be "guilty pleasures" at all.
Whaddya Want From Me-Adam Lambert
Only Girl in the World -Rihanna
Britney Spears
Paparazzi-Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream-Katy Perry
Boom Boom Pow-Black Eyed Peas
True to Your Heart-98 Degrees
That's Not My Name-The Ting Tings

and the list goes on. None of that stuff is music, but on occasion listening to stupid stuff is ok.

Lady's Night- Kool 'n The Gang
Like A Virgin- Madonna (when I was a child and a teen I used to like her but that song is the only one I still listening)
This Is Love- Cinderella
A Whole New World, Beauty and The Beast too
Hakuna Matata

:ninja:

^A Whole New World and Beauty and the Beast aren't guilty pleasures! They're absolutely amazing songs! ? Much better than the mainstream crap, anyway...

Hakuna Matata is kind of a guilty pleasure, though. :p

I hate to admit it but I find myself listening to those cheesy 1990s Europop songs a lot lately. I guess it's just a case of nostalgia cause I used to hate that kind of music lol. But they remind me of my childhood, back when we had to sit next to the radio and wait for a nice song to come on so we could record it on our cassette tapes and play them on our walkmans (with huge headphones) :)

Examples:

[youtube]P0aXY2pM2sA[/youtube]

^ I don't listen to that one unless everybody is out of the house :lol:

[youtube]uVJLFfRYOj0[/youtube]
[youtube]IRvGZffXhfk[/youtube]

This is rather embarrassing :blush:

Lil Kim. Nuff said.

The lyrical content...I really don't pay attention to that.
Her flow is sick. Her voice tone too.
So, basically, I listen to an MC whose lyrics lacks substance, but who does have a great flow and voice tone, hence, guilty pleasure.

Back