Jan 7th, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings [MJ to tour?]

Re: Jan 7th, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings

the fact that someone, other than MJ, coming out in the open discussing about vitiligo, is a good thing. why? when MJ told everyone he had it, a lot believed anything but the truth. He was mocked,laughed at, been called names etc. People then liked to believe that he was just ashamed of being black-that he was just a blackman wanting to be white. This, despite repeatedly saying he was proud of his race.

What I am saying is, at least now, the public is once again focused on the disease and hopefully will have better understanding of it. i also hope that this time, people who dismissed the disease as just an alibi for MJ , will now realize how stupid they are for making hasty judgments

And let's not forget how ironic it is that Lee works for " FOX's" affiliate WJBK in Detroit.

Rumors for solo tour true?

I dont know where the original thread is but if there is one then please merge this with the other one, but I've read on several different forums that the solo tour will happen but raymone can't give any information about when it'll happen and how...

I would like to know if you've heard something else, cause I dont know what to believe, it sounds too good to be true but I am guessing its just some random talk......

please fill me in with information i'd be happy to read some!

Some Danish newspapers are saying that Mike has now officially said he will do a tour. Just read it!

Re: Rumors for solo tour true?

Like I've just written in the daily news thread I've heard that too.

Some danish newspapers say that it has been confirmed to be true!!

Re: Rumors for solo tour true?

Hey Jinge

we're discussing it in Jan 7's News thread :kickass2:

I'mma merge this thread with that soon :)

Some Danish newspapers are saying that Mike has now officially said he will do a tour. Just read it!

Post it - please so we can read it too - thanks

This isn't the danish article after all but I got this article from MJNO and they stated that this article confirms that Michael said he is going to do the London concerts. If someone speaks Dutch could you please translate this? Thanks.

http://www.nu.nl/news/1381913/2101/Michael_Jackson_geeft_reeks_concerten_in_Londen.html

Michael Jackson geeft reeks concerten in Londen
Uitgegeven: 7 januari 2008 23:16
Laatst gewijzigd: 7 januari 2008 23:19

AMSTERDAM - Net als Prince vorig jaar, zal Michael Jackson dit jaar een reeks concerten geven in de Londense O2 Arena. Het zou in eerste instantie gaan om zeven of tien concerten. De optredens zullen in het teken staan van het 25-jarig jubileum van het hitalbum Thriller.
1308207+s(120!x120!)

Er bestaat een grote kans dat Jackson tijdens deze shows het album integraal zal gaan vertolken. Dit is namelijk een grote wens van een van de organisatoren.

Michael Jackson zelf heeft hierover blijkbaar niet zoveel in te brengen, voor hem zijn de concerten vooral een manier om van zijn torenhoge schulden af te komen. Deze zouden inmiddels zo'n 220 miljoen euro bedragen.
Whitney Houston
Volgens de krant The London Paper zouden de concerten al in februari zijn. De krant beroept zich op een zeer betrouwbare, maar anonieme bron. Naast Michael Jackson heeft overigens ook Whitney Houston plannen voor een concertreeks in het Londense stadion.
Album
Naast deze concerten zal Thriller ook worden herdacht met een speciale uitgave van het album. Hierop staat ondermeer het duet The Girl Is Mine dat Michael Jackson oorspronkelijk met Paul McCartney opnam.
Op de nieuwe versie van het nummer is de ex-Beatle niet meer te horen, maar horen we naast Wacko Jacko alleen de stem van will.i.am van de Black Eyed Peas.
Rechten
De reden hierachter zou een langdurende ruzie tussen Jackson en McCartney over de rechten van de Beatles-catalogus. Michael Jackson kocht deze in 1985 voor 47.5 miljoen dollar. Paul McCartney was hier destijds zeer verbolgen over.
(c) NU.nl/Marco Démoet

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of articles out there speculating on the O2 thing but this one seems a little closer to the source than most.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=9079
O2 Coy Over Jacko Dates
Monday, Jan 7, 2008 4:27AM
The O2 press office apologised for coming back with "not the most glamorous of quotes," but "all we can say is that we can't comment on anything at this time," was its response to rampant rumours of a Michael Jackson residency there in 2008.
dotclear.gif
The Daily Mail, Daily Star and Daily Mirror were among the tabloids saying he's lined up for a multi-date run to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the release of his Thriller album.
dotclear.gif
The Mail story claimed Jackson dates would run through March and April and promoters want him to recreate the classic album on stage.
dotclear.gif
It also said AEG Live President Randy Phillips is the man who has persuaded the unpredictable Jackson to play live, but added that Phillips isn't confident that Jacko would tour.
dotclear.gif
"He and I go back to the LA Gear sponsorship deal I represented him on. He is working on his 'Thriller' remix album and some amazingly brilliant new music," Phillips explained.
dotclear.gif
"I doubt he will ever do a normal multi-city tour again. However, he is itching to get on a stage again and is looking for unique avenues to get to his fans. Other than very preliminary discussions, nothing more has transpired, including a multi-show residency at the O2 Arena."
dotclear.gif
AEG Europe chief exec David Campbell was quoted by the Star saying the main arena has two big residencies in the pipeline, although both are at the back end of next year.
dotclear.gif
A 25th anniversary version of Thriller, called Thriller 25, is set for release in February. The original sold more than 50 million copies and won eight Grammy Awards.

John Gammon / Pollstar

I think THRILLER should have a great tribute show.. maybe somewhat like 30th Anniversary, where people come out to celibrate.. or some type of celibration show..

But for a set of concerts, I really feel that Michael should hold that for his NEW album..

I personally think that the article mentioned the concert celibrating thrillers annversary because the writer knows of THRILLER 25 album and ASUMED. That is what it's for..

I REALLY REALLY hope, there is truth to the London performances.. If so - We MJ fans from other parts of the world need to go in groups.. Helping each other find places, split hotel costs, possibly getting flight group packages (discounts) etc.. U.S. fans can make groups of (lets just say 10) and meet up and travel together.. Same with other fans from around the world.. Japanese fans make groups. etc..

I am all for that. The more in a group the better the cost. I met a t fan here when he was in Japan, and we shared a room. So, if it happens, let's do it!!!:wild:

I hope something is confirmed soon regarding some type of performances for us to save up.

I am all for that. The more in a group the better the cost. I met a t fan here when he was in Japan, and we shared a room. So, if it happens, let's do it!!!:wild:

That's what I'm talking about! All the better to travel with fellow MJ fans and get the discount! I live in Maryland so...yeah, going to london would be $$$$

mJsig.jpg

"A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child" - Knights of Pythagorous

Samantha's smile is almost as infectuous as Michael's. I can see why he might like her.:p By the way, Michael's name was already in bold in the article. I didn't change it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article662757.ece

Sam: Sexy bod is from skating

By GEMMA VARLEY
Published: Today

sammumba_280x390_415692a.jpg

Bringing Sexy Back

STUNNING singer and actress Samantha Mumba says Dancing On Ice has given her a sexy body.
The Irish popstar, 24, who boasts Boyzone, Westlife and MICHAEL JACKSON as supporters, says she has never been in such good shape.
She said: “My high point in this competition so far has been losing weight. Squeezing into smaller jeans - now that’s something that hasn’t happened in a long time!
“I’m discovering muscles that I never knew I had and this is the fittest I’ve ever been. I’m actually very proud of myself with my skating and I’ve definitely got very fit.”
And Samantha, who admits she is lazy, says she was pleased to get paired with partner Pavel Aubrecht who pushes her hard.
She said: "He’s definitely tough on me, but that’s a good thing because he just wants to get the most out of me."
Sexy Sam will be showing off her moves and her toned torso on Dancing On Ice this Sunday on ITV1.

Last edited:
Samantha's smile is almost as infectuous as Michael's. I can see why he might like her.:p By the way, Michael's name was already in bold in the article. I didn't change it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article662757.ece

Sam: Sexy bod is from skating

By GEMMA VARLEY
Published: Today

sammumba_280x390_415692a.jpg

Bringing Sexy Back

STUNNING singer and actress Samantha Mumba says Dancing On Ice has given her a sexy body.
The Irish popstar, 24, who boasts Boyzone, Westlife and MICHAEL JACKSON as supporters, says she has never been in such good shape.
She said: “My high point in this competition so far has been losing weight. Squeezing into smaller jeans - now that’s something that hasn’t happened in a long time!
“I’m discovering muscles that I never knew I had and this is the fittest I’ve ever been. I’m actually very proud of myself with my skating and I’ve definitely got very fit.”
And Samantha, who admits she is lazy, says she was pleased to get paired with partner Pavel Aubrecht who pushes her hard.
She said: "He’s definitely tough on me, but that’s a good thing because he just wants to get the most out of me."
Sexy Sam will be showing off her moves and her toned torso on Dancing On Ice this Sunday on ITV1.

Sam was also hugged up on Mike in a pic from 2007 talking about the tour news from an Irish newspaper.

Da da da da da la la la la la na na na na na

Teeheehee

:lol:

This is soooooo FUN!!

Hi, Mikey. Whatcha doin'? Are you gearin' up on us? Hmmmm?

Last edited:
Oh my!! this O2 stint sounds soooo exciting!! Yeah thats it Mike, 10 sounds just about right...you really don't want to do 30 ...Id hate to miss so many of your concerts! :p :D

I really don't understand why the London thing is hidden here in a news thread, for all since RB has confirmed that there a discussions about it.

From MJNO

Originally Posted by jacksonaction.com

Dear Jeannette,

Happy New Year to you! Discussions are continuing but nothing has been
finalized at this time.

Best regards,
Raymone K. Bain

next one posted by MrGMT

Dear Gary,

Happy New Year to you.

Nothing has been confirmed, at this present time, regarding any tour dates.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best regards,
Raymone K. Bain

your scaring me ATLF LOL

If you were so lucky to have a date with Michael, you wouldn't have him chase you around Neverland with a werewolf mask on? I would! Just think....after he catches you, you might get a kiss!

R these lagit massages from R.B?.. Who posted those on the website?

This isn't the danish article after all but I got this article from MJNO and they stated that this article confirms that Michael said he is going to do the London concerts. If someone speaks Dutch could you please translate this? Thanks.

http://www.nu.nl/news/1381913/2101/Michael_Jackson_geeft_reeks_concerten_in_Londen.html

Michael Jackson geeft reeks concerten in Londen
Uitgegeven: 7 januari 2008 23:16
Laatst gewijzigd: 7 januari 2008 23:19

AMSTERDAM - Net als Prince vorig jaar, zal Michael Jackson dit jaar een reeks concerten geven in de Londense O2 Arena. Het zou in eerste instantie gaan om zeven of tien concerten. De optredens zullen in het teken staan van het 25-jarig jubileum van het hitalbum Thriller.
1308207+s(120!x120!)

Er bestaat een grote kans dat Jackson tijdens deze shows het album integraal zal gaan vertolken. Dit is namelijk een grote wens van een van de organisatoren.

Michael Jackson zelf heeft hierover blijkbaar niet zoveel in te brengen, voor hem zijn de concerten vooral een manier om van zijn torenhoge schulden af te komen. Deze zouden inmiddels zo'n 220 miljoen euro bedragen.
Whitney Houston
Volgens de krant The London Paper zouden de concerten al in februari zijn. De krant beroept zich op een zeer betrouwbare, maar anonieme bron. Naast Michael Jackson heeft overigens ook Whitney Houston plannen voor een concertreeks in het Londense stadion.
Album
Naast deze concerten zal Thriller ook worden herdacht met een speciale uitgave van het album. Hierop staat ondermeer het duet The Girl Is Mine dat Michael Jackson oorspronkelijk met Paul McCartney opnam.
Op de nieuwe versie van het nummer is de ex-Beatle niet meer te horen, maar horen we naast Wacko Jacko alleen de stem van will.i.am van de Black Eyed Peas.
Rechten
De reden hierachter zou een langdurende ruzie tussen Jackson en McCartney over de rechten van de Beatles-catalogus. Michael Jackson kocht deze in 1985 voor 47.5 miljoen dollar. Paul McCartney was hier destijds zeer verbolgen over.
(c) NU.nl/Marco Démoet

My translation of the article (my English isn't perfect though)

Michael Jackson to give a series of concerts in London:

Just like Prince last year, Michael Jackson will give a series of 7 or 10 concerts in the London O2 Arena this year. The shows will mark the 25-year anniversary of the Thriller album.

There is a good chance that Jackson will represent the album integral during these shows, as this is a great wish of one of the organizers.

For Michael Jackson, these shows are a way to get rid of his debts valued at Euro 220m.

According to newspaper, The London Paper, the concerts will start in February. The newspaper has anonymous, but trustful sources. Besides Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston also has plans for a series of concerts in the same stadium.

In addition to these concerts, Thriller will also be commemorated with a special edition of the album. This will include the duet The Girl Is Mine that Michael Jackson originally recorded with Paul McCartney. On the new version of the song, the ex-Beatles singer is replaced by the voice of Will.i.am from the Black eyed Peas.

The reason for this is a long lasting fight between Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney about the rights of the Beatles catalog which Michael Jackson bought in 1985 for $ 47.5m.

My collegeau at work told me about this, he said.

MJ is gonna do 10 shows in London, because of all his debts , he paid so many families off that he's getting poor now.

He obviously heard or read this on some crap site.

BUT...i found THIS

http://www.overlandtouring.co.uk/

And go to coming soon.

Still...i seriously doubt this. Wasn't it mike himself who recently said he wasnt really planning on touring anytime soon? And now all the sudden he's gonna tour, and for like 10 days? NAHHHH...i smell BS .

Last edited:
no need to post the crap that someone else says.

raymone has confirmed that they are in talks to do shows at the 02 arena. at the mo it isnt a tour hes just gonna do shows there and not travel

these lagit massages from R.B?.. Who posted those on the website?

one ss from gary on here so obviusly legit. the other from a fan who has emailed raymone in the past. so no reason to think they have made it up.well hopefully no reason.

Last edited:
Back