Janet Jackson on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" Feb.15th

^But, when some fans feel she is dissing the last name that helped made her by saying something negative about her brother that isn't even proven in something as important as his autopsy report it will and HAS created a problem even if they supported her ultimately on her own!

Which was my point that u obviously missed! smh lol

No I didn't miss your point... I understand where you are coming from though. You are stll describing MJ fans. Most people who support her barley know about the autopsy report and how what she say isn't supported by it. People who aren't MJ fans could care less and barley know about that stuff.
Maybe you missed my point... When I said people who ultimately support her, I was referring to people who like Janet for her. Not MJ fans who also happen to like her. So I don't see how her saying something that goes againt MJ autopsy would affect their support of her.

Don't mean to say she does in fact need the MJ fans. I know she has her own set of fans, I of all people understand this. As critical as I might be of her, I do at times defend her career to those that unfairly go after it. I'm just saying, if she had played her cards right, it wouldn't take alot to get those MJ fans that weren't into her, to jump on her bandwagon. I'm only saying this because i'm not seeing much evidence these days of the casual viewer going out and supporting Janet.

And to just give you an example, I personally loved Why Did I get Married and couldn't wait for the sequel, but because of the Oprah interview and fucking Tyler Perry putting in his 2 cents, it killed me wanting to see it in theaters.

Fine, I'm glad you know that she doesn't need MJ fans. I understand that MJ fans would have jumped on her bandwagon if they weren't mad at her.
I never said droves and droves of people were supporting or were going to support her. I was saying that when you promote something, the main people that are the target audience, are the casual buyers. They see the interviews, hear bout it on the radio, etc, gain interest and go buy it. Whether they support her or not is their business. That still doesn't change the fact that most of her sales will eventually come from casual buyers and not fans. Before you started to reply to me, there were people who were saying that she needed MJ fans for support. I was telling them why she doesn't.

^for me what kills me is that she said in every interview that MJ did not allow them in his house and life to hide his addiction,this is why she could not discuss his health and was not able to talk to him,,,but the fact is that she was in his house in LV to shout at him to join her tour and no one cared about how is he doing or how his kids are doing!!! !

I'm sorry but you and I both know that what you stated above isn't true.

No I didn't miss your point... I understand where you are coming from though. You are stll describing MJ fans. Most people who support her barley know about the autopsy report and how what she say isn't supported by it. People who aren't MJ fans could care less and barley know about that stuff.
Maybe you missed my point... When I said people who ultimately support her, I was referring to people who like Janet for her. Not MJ fans who also happen to like her. So I don't see how her saying something that goes againt MJ autopsy would affect their support of her.
But, if they so happen to not like that she isn't being truthful of course that can effect her too! They have eyes and ears and if they so happen to look up the facts they would see it, if they care!? If they don't, then let them stay ignorant and don't dare to comment on something they no nothing about! That would be fair!

Cause whether some are MJ fans or not I wouldn't want them hearing his relatives saying things that are not proven in his autopsy! Especially, those who haven't read the autopsy themselves but, only got what they know from his family!

Last edited:
But, if they so happen to not like that she isn't being truthful of course that can effect her too! They have eyes and ears and if they so happen to look up the facts they would see it, if they care!? If they don't, then let them stay ignorant and don't dare to comment on something they no nothing about! That would be fair!

Cause whether some are MJ fans or not I wouldn't want them hearing his relatives saying things that are not proven in his autopsy! Especially, those who haven't read the autopsy themselves but, only got what they know from his family!

you are 1000% right....if the family is running around giving out false information about how Michael passed away...then people who are not familiar with the case..potential jurors....will say well if his own family is saying he was an addict...he must of been.That IS NOT the kind of false information that should be floating around out there for all to here....especially when NONE of them have EVER seen Michael take these drugs they are claiming he took. Lets just hope the potential jury goes by the autopsy report like they are suppose to...and NOT by hearsay..

Exactly, thank u! That's why it's so frustrating!

Shoot, their are even fans dismissing the autopsy report because of the family already! If autopsies were so irrelevant, I highly doubt people would use or ask for them! lol

Despite I didn't see the whole intervew, I understand why some of you guys don't like Janet and I include myself in that list.
How come she was so sweet and sasid nice things about Michael on Piers Morgan while on Oprah did the opposite? To me that's hypocrecy and fakness, that's why I don't like her.
I'm tired Michael's relatives are trying to portray an opposite image what Michael really is. We don't know the whole truth but we're not stupid.

My thoughts exactly. Sadly, some MJ fans fall for her fakery and coy "sweetness". One of the things that stuck out in this interview was when Piers asked her about her ex-husband Rene and why their marriage broke up. She actually said that she promised him that she would not talk about it. Remember, Rene was a CERTIFIED drug ADDICT-Heroin user AND cheated on Janet profusely. YET, she didn't want to talk about THAT. However, she had absolutely NO PROBLEM implying/calling her MURDERED brother a "drug addict" in denial and completely throwing him under the bus. Now that she has something to promote, she wants to USE Michael and say good things about him. Why didn't she do this when it really mattered, right after he was murdered and the media was portraying him as an addict. Not one time did she defend him or come out and say one GOOD thing about Michael. It is baffling that some people can't see this or REFUSE to acknowledge the deception that is taking place.The damn hypoprisy is overwhelming. Still some Janet stans AND Michael fans can't see what she is doing. They are blinded by Janet's so-called sweetness and her "looks". Again, pathetically sad.

Last edited:
I loved this interview. Janet seems kind, sincere and very sweet. This interview was very very positive on Michael from both Piers and Janet. Loved it.

My thoughts exactly. Sadly, some MJ fans fall for her fakery and coy "sweetness". One of the things that stuck out in this interview was when Piers asked her about her ex-husband Rene and why their marriage broke up. She actually said that she promised him that she would not talk about it. Remember, Rene was a CERTIFIED drug ADDICT-Heroin user AND cheated on Janet profusely. YET, she didn't want to talk about THAT. However, she had absolutely NO PROBLEM implying/calling her MURDERED brother a "drug addict" in denial and completely throwing him under the bus. Now that she has something to promote, she wants to USE Michael and say good things about him. Why didn't she do this when it really mattered, right after he was murdered and the media was portraying him as an addict. Not one time did she defend him or come out and say one GOOD thing about Michael. It is baffling that some people can't see this or REFUSE to acknowledge the deception that is taking place.The damn hypoprisy is overwhelming. Still some Janet stans AND Michael fans can't see what she is doing. They are blinded by Janet's so-called sweetness and her "looks". Again, pathetically sad.

I agree. Pure hypocrisy.

I am waiting for a decent interviewer to ask her why she refuse talking about MJ in the press in the 2000's... and why does she think it's ok now?

My gut feeling? After the 2005 trial, She wanted to distance her career, herself from MJ's trouble. MJ was persona non grata in the media, it was the peak of MJ's vilification in the media.

Post 2005...MJ is back in the media...all the love after he passed...all the money coming in....His image, although battered through the years, has been (quote estate admins) "successfully rebuilt and enhanced".

Now Michael is hip again...it's cool to be associated with him .

Amen to this post! And you know how enraged some would be if the tables were flipped, and Michael the one acting this despicable :mello:

I agree. Pure hypocrisy.

I am waiting for a decent interviewer to ask her why she refuse talking about MJ in the press in the 2000's... and why does she think it's ok now?

My gut feeling? After the 2005 trial, She wanted to distance her career, herself from MJ's trouble. MJ was persona non grata in the media, it was the peak of MJ's vilification in the media.

Post 2005...MJ is back in the media...all the love after he passed...all the money coming in....His image, although battered through the years, has been (quote estate admins) "successfully rebuilt and enhanced".

Now Michael is hip again...it's cool to be associated with him .
Very true Meme, hypocrisy at it's best.. :smilerolleyes:

One of the things that stuck out in this interview was when Piers asked her about her ex-husband Rene and why their marriage broke up. She actually said that she promised him that she would not talk about it. Remember, Rene was a CERTIFIED drug ADDICT-Heroin user AND cheated on Janet profusely. YET, she didn't want to talk about THAT. However, she had absolutely NO PROBLEM implying/calling her MURDERED brother a "drug addict" in denial and completely throwing him under the bus.

That struck me as odd, too, and sad.. Michael was one of the most private people and he had more crap being thrown at him than anyone, so many lies, distorted/half truths that are unfathomable. Almost his whole life was under the microscope, so he wasn't even affording to suffer in peace, to have some real peace. .... Michael wasn't a drug addict, he had more than Justified problems to be dependent on certain prescribed medication at Certain points in his life that would've killed others, yet his escapism was in choosing to love the other, to be there for the other, to be there for his children, to work a lot on his music, to absorb knowledge. ... This is really sad when seeing some of the family members being so tongue-tied about, say, Murray - who's a hundred percent guilty of Michael's death, or about other people, saying they value their privacy and all that.... What about Michael, your blood, now deceased, what about his three orphaned children?... Shouldn't they matter the most? ...

Good Post!! I totally agree..she protected her ex-husband but threw her murdered brother under the bus

That struck me as odd, too, and sad.. Michael was one of the most private people and he had more crap being thrown at him than anyone, so many lies, distorted/half truths that are unfathomable. Almost his whole life was under the microscope, so he wasn't even affording to suffer in peace, to have some real peace. .... Michael wasn't a drug addict, he had more than Justified problems to be dependent on certain prescribed medication at Certain points in his life that would've killed others, yet his escapism was in choosing to love the other, to be there for the other, to be there for his children, to work a lot on his music, to absorb knowledge. ... This is really sad when seeing some of the family members being so tongue-tied about, say, Murray - who's a hundred percent guilty of Michael's death, or about other people, saying they value their privacy and all that.... What about Michael, your blood, now deceased, what about his three orphaned children?... Shouldn't they matter the most? ...

Exactly! another good post.. the 'family' throws MJ under the bus but her tongue tied about Murray's role as MJ's killer and do not talk about the other brothers being leaches and jealous. It's just very very sad! I will continue to pray for PP&B

It's not hypocrisy different interviewers are going to ask ask diffrent things plain and simple , did Oprah ask her what her favorite memory of michael was ? or what she thought was misunderstood about Michael.? so how do you know she wouldn't have said any thing different if asked? like I said it's up to what the interviewer asks ans what plain and simple.

yeah and that promise is called a legal agreement and do you see her denying that relationships she was in had problems?

Not necessarily. As an interviewee, you can give guidelines as to what you will and will not answer. And if an interviewer over steps those boundaries, you can simply say, "No comment", or "I am not going to talk about that now, but I will talk about this..."

As an interviewee that is already established you are not at the mercy of the person that is interviewing you. The same way that Janet would not talk about her ex husband and the same way she would not talk about MJ certain aspects of MJ's life in interviews before he died, she can choose what she wants to talk about in other interviews as well.

Oprah doesn't hold people at gunpoint.

Not necessarily. As an interviewee, you can give guidelines as to what you will and will not answer. And if an interviewer over steps those boundaries, you can simply say, "No comment", or "I am not going to talk about that now, but I will talk about this..."

As an interviewee that is already established you are not at the mercy of the person that is interviewing you. The same way that Janet would not talk about her ex husband and the same way she would not talk about MJ certain aspects of MJ's life in interviews before he died, she can choose what she wants to talk about in other interviews as well.

Exactly... Janet did not have to go there with Robin Roberts or Oprah Winfrey but she chose too. I guess she wanted to absolve her guilt because a lot of folks were going in on the family for not being there for MJ and not supporting him so I guess she felt she had to throw MJ under the bus to save her family's reputation. I think anyone with sense can see what that family is about. Everyone knows that Joe was hard on MJ and everyone saw Joe hawking blue ray cds 2 days after MJ died. Folks are not stupid! So Janet with all that sweet talking and coyness with her mouth half -opened and deer in the headlights look hasn't fooled everybody. I really wish someone in the media would've asked her if she felt her father's behavior was appropriate after losing a son.

I am just saying she was not asked about certain things plain and simple and you do not tell Oprah what she is going to ask you , she will not have you on the show plain and simple. . alot of interviewers do not like that no matter how establish you are.

I am just saying she was not asked about certain things plain and simple and you do not tell Oprah what she is going to ask you , she will not have you on the show plain and simple. . alot of interviewers do not like that no matter how establish you are.

We can agree to disagree, because I absolutely think you can dictate to any inteviewer what you will and will not answer especially after you have become established.

But different people will see it different ways.

Janet didn't even know he had trouble sleeping. Why didn't she know that if she had her brother's back?

Can I ask why this is something you think a sibbling should know? :scratch:
And if didn't.. That's a bad thing? I wouldn't go running to my sibblings if I had sleep troubles or anyone else for that matter.

And if didn't.. That's a bad thing? I wouldn't go running to my sibblings if I had sleep troubles or anyone else for that matter.

Exactly. No one knows what exactly their siblings get up to, I don't know half of what my brother and sister get up to and vice versa.

Why ll cant seem to grasp is the fact there was an article on a Michael Jackson documentary, there was a front cover with Mj on the cover with the following headline Why is Michael up so late in that matter or so. Even touring with him l cant them ever mentioning this.

Exactly. No one knows what exactly their siblings get up to, I don't know half of what my brother and sister get up to and vice versa.

True

We can agree to disagree, because I absolutely think you can dictate to any inteviewer what you will and will not answer especially after you have become established.

But different people will see it different ways.

yea true... But certain interviewers(mainly ones with big names ie babara Walters, loran, Diane swayed) will still ask.... But its up to the interviewee to answer.

The reason Janet can't talk about Rene is due to their divorce settlement. She can't talk about him and he can't talk about her.

N if the tables were flipped I would feel the same way... Janet and MJ are siblings and no each other better than I know either. So if it was opposite I would feel the same way. I'm sure MJ would have a reason for thinking that Janet had a problem and vice versa. Now whether those claims are true is another situation.

Good Post!! I totally agree..she protected her ex-husband but threw her murdered brother under the bus
So you did watch the interview after claiming you weren't? if you were paying attention you'd hear Janet say she can't speak about him, not because she doesn't want to, it's a mutal agreement. Also you can't compare a divorce dfroma marriage people didn't even know about to a high profile family member's death.

exactly, StacyJ makes it seem like siblings know what each other do 24/7. When you have a life of your own and your busy you are not going to know you siblings sleeping pattern. I doubt many people knew he had a sleeping problem, it seems like something e felt he could deal with on his own.

N if the tables were flipped I would feel the same way... Janet and MJ are siblings and no each other better than I know either. So if it was opposite I would feel the same way. I'm sure MJ would have a reason for thinking that Janet had a problem and vice versa. Now whether those claims are true is another situation.

Any person being interviewed aren't force to answer if they don't want to, whether the person asking the question is Oprah or not! lol Janet answered certain questions about MJ cause she felt like it, is that simple!

And so what if Janet and the rest of the family didn't know MJ had a sleep problem?!

They eventually found out didn't they!? YES!

Yet, that didn't stop them from saying crap that the autopsy didn't show! So, it shows they could have cared less if they knew or not before hand! SMH

But MJ's sleeping problem is nothing new. It been going one for years and from what I read, it started with the J5 schedule. He was very young when he started performing in bars...

Last edited:
But MJ's sleeping problem is nothing knew. It been going one for years and from what I read, it started with the J5 schedule. He was very young when he started performing in bars...

exactly.. but according to Janet she had no idea.. Did she even try asking her brother what problems did he have? she thought the propofol was for pain. She's clueless and really doesn't seem to care one way or the other

But MJ's sleeping problem is nothing knew. It been going one for years and from what I read, it started with the J5 schedule. He was very young when he started performing in bars...
I think it started when he was an adult and he was touring the world and the different time zones can mess your body clock up and then on top of that Michael was a creative individual so he had alot on his mind along with the stress. I think for the most part he handled it on his own but when he was going to perform it probably got worse and that's when he may have sought other options.

I think it started when he was an adult and he was touring the world and the different time zones can mess your body clock up and then on top of that Michael was a creative individual so he had alot on his mind along with the stress. I think for the most part he handled it on his own but when he was going to perform it probably got worse and that's when he may have sought other options.

You go with what you think...I go with what I've read from him as far back as the 80's (He has said on numerous occasions he barely slept...)

Back