JK Rowling turned down a mysterious offer from Michael Jackson

mkgenie

Proud Member
Sep 26 2010 By Alan Carson

OPRAH Winfrey has secretly flown into Edinburgh to record a tell-all interview with JK Rowling.

The US chat show queens hour-long TV special with the Harry Potter writer will be screened in America on Friday.

Oprah, who is said to be the worlds most famous woman, managed to fly in and out of Scotland with no publicity.

Millions of viewers will see media-shy JK, 45, talk about her love life and a battle with depression in the no-holds-barred chat.

She also reveals for the first time why she once knocked back a mysterious offer from pop legend Michael Jackson.

A message on Oprah's official website yesterday described the interview as "one of the most fascinating shes ever done".

It added: "Oprah is on location in Scotland with JK Rowling, the billionaire mom behind the Harry Potter empire as she takes on the harsh critics, and opens up about depression, her biggest regrets and the love of her life."
"Find out how her epic failure became a billion dollar success story, and why she turned down an offer from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson."

Oprah, who is worth more than 1.5billion, spent an hour with JK, who has an estimated fortune of around a billion.

Details of the show were first leaked on Harry Potter fan sites.

TV listings in America confirmed the reports and offered an expanded preview of the interview.

Rowling has previously admitted she felt suicidal after the break-up of her first marriage. She's since wed Dr Neil Murray.

Oprah, who plans to retire from the show next year, has interviewed the biggest names on the planet.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbi...o-scotland-to-meet-jk-rowling-86908-22588375/

Well, this should be interesting. Sadly, since I'm in a dorm, I have no cable. Someone please keep me up to date as to what happens. I have always admired JK Rowling. I cannot say the same about that scheming Winfrey woman though.

In any case, this sounds like something noteworthy.

As she is a kids book author, I hope she didn't decline an offer from MJ due to the allegations...
Oprah would lap it up

I admire JKR but I love MORE MJ. I hope she is respectful in her reminiscense and has something interesting to share.
Though I can't shake the feeling this was orchestrated by Oprah to drag MJ fans into her audience..Cashing in on Mike, as it normally happens with the media people.
Probably JKR was asked about MJ and her memories of him, so Oprah twisted it to fit her preview titles.

This is just a publicity stunt to promote the interview. You just have to mention Michael's name and everyone will listen.
I hope both will be respectful towards Michael, especially Oprah who has a forked tongue.

^^^

Yeah the tabloids make up such cracy headlines to no stories at all.

I hope it's respectful too. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I admire J.K Rowling a lot so I hope it's nothing to do with rumors or suspicion of anything. If it were I think they'd say in the previews. You know how media is, if she said something salacious that would be the top headline so it was probably something basic.

It wouldn't surprise me if michael was a fan of the HP books as they are right up his street. I love them too and it's such a brilliant story. So it's no surprise to me that michael got in contact with rowling at some point, thats if he did of course. As i love both though i'm nervous to hear about this, i won't be watching, but will see what she said afterwards.

Seems to me Oprah's marketing team is following Publicity Rule #1 - mention the name Michael Jackson to attract people's attention. It works every time.

So, Oprah scores a big interview with the very private JK Rowling. The marketing team thinks the name JK Rowling alone may not be enough to grab attention, ok now, let's mention her depression and her love life. Hmm... that may not be interesting enough. Ok, let's mention Michael Jackson. Everyone loves hearing about Michael Jackson.

I don't mean to offend JK Rowling. I like her a lot as a writer. Again, it's the media. The media hates Michael; yet, can't help to mention his name whenever they can. How many times we saw the name Michael Jackson appears on articles that are remotely relevant?

Seems to me Oprah's marketing team is following Publicity Rule #1 - mention the name Michael Jackson to attract people's attention. It works every time.

So, Oprah scores a big interview with the very private JK Rowling. The marketing team thinks the name JK Rowling alone may not be enough to grab attention, ok now, let's mention her depression and her love life. Hmm... that may not be interesting enough. Ok, let's mention Michael Jackson. Everyone loves hearing about Michael Jackson.

I don't mean to offend JK Rowling. I like her a lot as a writer. Again, it's the media. The media hates Michael; yet, can't help to mention his name whenever they can. How many times we saw the name Michael Jackson appears on articles that are remotely relevant?

And that is partly why this new album will do so well (slightly off topic) because he made them so much money they will cling onto the name.

Sep 26 2010 By Alan Carson

OPRAH Winfrey has secretly flown into Edinburgh to record a tell-all interview with JK Rowling.

She also reveals for the first time why she once knocked back a mysterious offer from pop legend Michael Jackson.

"Find out how her epic failure became a billion dollar success story, and why she turned down an offer from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbi...o-scotland-to-meet-jk-rowling-86908-22588375/

Not a fan of Oprah at all - I feel nervous about this interview as related to Michael. When it comes to Michael Oprah has been such a hypocrite. When it says "knocked back" a mysterious offer from pop legend Michael Jackson - not liking the sound of that. I can certainly see Michael contacting JK Rowling because I'm sure he loved Harry Potter, he maybe talked about a project together or maybe he just wanted to meet her, I hope Rowling is respectful and what she has to say isn't negative or anything that can be construed as negative.

I won't be watching because I can't stomach the Oprah show, but I am very curious as I am with all things relating to Michael. Everyone is right on though, Oprah knows how to get ratings just mention MJ.

Mysterious offer?! Did Michael want to date her or what?

Harry potter is really truly a load of rubbish that i wish never existed.

maybe she turned down his invitation to one of the 50 shows? he invited all the potter kids bc he and his kids liked the movies. that could be the reason.

Harry potter is really truly a load of rubbish that i wish never existed.

You really do fling poo, don't you? lol! :p

I love JKR and I'm sure she will be respectful towards Michael... why wouldn't she be? I'm looking forward to the interview just because JKR doesn't do that many interviews and I find her fascinating.

Given Oprahs' track record where Michael is concerned, I'm highly skeptical of how this may turn out......Oprah is never after anything remotely positive where MJ is concerned.

I'm sure the MJ topic will last minutes... I doubt they'll focus too much on him. I'm sure JK Rowing will have plenty of other things to be talking about so I wouldn't worry too much. :)

i have a confession... i dated MJ and Blanket is mine... there oprah i came clean... that is your next headline HAHAHAHA

I am guessing MJ wanted a role in the Potter movies and she turned him down. Arghh!!!

Back