Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

How about no...this is just wrong, and pimping out Michael's kids again smh. :no: I'm actually scared for Blanket :(

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

How about no...this is just wrong, and pimping out Michael's kids again smh. :no: I'm actually scared for Blanket :(

I don't think Paris is going back into that house. that little girl is way too smart.

Thank you for all your opinions!
Yes I really think the deepest concern is about the children...
We pray for them.

Soundmind ... do you really believe that I cannot imagine KJ would be that evil sounds like something out of an evil fairytale

I'm glad to see Blanket already having a good grasp on privacy issues. Paris has such personality! And it is ALWAYS good to see Prince. :)

Other than that, this all hurts my head.

I hate Katherine, I hate Joe, I hate Jacksons...!! STOP EXPLOITING MICHAEL

Estate is aware of it but it doesn't mean this is illegal.

Technically Katherine can do a documentary without Estate's endorsement as long as she doesn't infringe copyrights / trademarks - similar to how David Gest did a documentary. Given that she's asking for $3.2 Million for licensing fees for this time it seems they are thinking about legal routes to acquire use rights. previously they were in the mindset of "we can use anything we want", it doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

I wonder if that licensing fee is for 'one time use' or if they are looking for multiple-use licensing...so they can do the documentary but then launch other projects off the back of it?......... This seems like an awfully big effort for one small documentary.

"Tired of you tellin the story your way
It's causin confusion
You think it's okay"~Scream

I don't think it was just the media Michael had in mind when he sang that song.
His children are the ones being pressured now
I truly don't know how Michael put up with this family. Somebody on here was right when they said it eventually was "from a distance"

I am so sorry Michael..... :cry:
If I want to see a tribute to Michael I will fly to Vegas for MJOne or catch the Immortal Tour again when it comes back to the US.

*stomps out of thread*:mat:

Even if they didn't ask for any money for this, I wouldn't be interested : this will AGAIN be 90 minutes of gushing, uncritical, repetitive, over-effusive praise. What's the point of this? I want to either learn someting new, or see something new.

The comment section of that website (which is being HEAVILY monitored and cleaned-up) had a post that said this is fraudulant and old and Katherine isn't behind it anymore. They are saying Howard Mann is behind it and doing it behind Katherine's back. (I have no idea who that poster was or even if they are telling the truth).

Isn't Howard Mann Canadian and the website creator Canadian? Not that it proves this is fraudulant, but just wondering???

I wonder if this was planned a while back when Howard Mann was working with Katherine (it looks like it could have been), and now he's going for a quick money grab before someone puts a stop to it???

Sounds like Randy is behind this. That whole thing you can come to her house and watch it with her if you pay is shades of MJJSource. Remember that bogus dinner they planned with Michael? The one he didn't know anything about? For the Source members that paid $50 and the dinner never happened.

Sounds like Randy is behind this. That whole thing you can come to her house and watch it with her if you pay is shades of MJJSource. Remember that bogus dinner they planned with Michael? The one he didn't know anything about? For the Source members that paid $50 and the dinner never happened.

You could be right. It's definitely shady, whoever is behind it!

In 2005 Blanket turned 3 years old, what can he remember from Neverland? Those interviews with Paris is from April 2012 something, I think she cut her bangs around April in 2012, it looks just like when she just had it done, before granny napping, Prince is lot younger too. The clips of the children are really old. Nothing new at all, not the ones with Blanket either, he´s a lot bigger now.

Virre;3939955 said:
In 2005 Blanket turned 3 years old, what can he remember from Neverland? Those interviews with Paris is from April 2012 something, I think she cut her bangs around April in 2012, it looks just like when she just had it done, before granny napping, Prince is lot younger too. The clips of the children are really old. Nothing new at all, not the ones with Blanket either, he´s a lot bigger now.

I agree. Why are they using such old video if this is legit? Weird, isn't it?

This was done way before the AEG trial even started, as I remember seeing the deposition (pre-trial) of Paris and her hair was very short. It does seem to be dated from the Howard Mann time.

The comment section of that website (which is being HEAVILY monitored and cleaned-up) had a post that said this is fraudulant and old and Katherine isn't behind it anymore. They are saying Howard Mann is behind it and doing it behind Katherine's back. (I have no idea who that poster was or even if they are telling the truth).

Isn't Howard Mann Canadian and the website creator Canadian? Not that it proves this is fraudulant, but just wondering???

I wonder if this was planned a while back when Howard Mann was working with Katherine (it looks like it could have been), and now he's going for a quick money grab before someone puts a stop to it???

Well, if someone's trying to pull this without Katherine's consent and in her name then it's criminal. Katherine then should release a statement about this as soon as possible and then report it to authorities, after all people are spending their money on this. An anonymous internet post can come from anyone, that doesn't solve the problem.

MJJC Mod Note

For the time being all the links to the funding page has been removed. Please don't post links to it.

Isn't KJ behind this scam then? It seems that video is from the same time Paris was interviewed by Oprah the second time, she had bangs when she appeared with Blanlet eating. If she didn't authorize it, Howard Mann is behind this, it must be mandatory no one gives money to that guy.

Howard Mann might be behind this, given that
- we know he has an agreement with Katherine Jackson that included a documentary and it was in the works.
- the pictures used are from the era that Mann/Vaccaro has pictures from
- the design elements (crown, swirly lines etc) are similar to what he used before

The firm producing this (six Eleven media) is a Canadian firm and Howard Mann is Canadian too. However it's just circumstantial and doesn't mean he's tied to it.

I'm personally having a hard time believing Katherine isn't involved or supporting this. She filmed a video asking for support and mentioning Michael's 5th year anniversary - which suggests at least that part of the video is recent. This video has been sent out to media such as Good Morning America, Daily Mail and The Sun. Also this is a 45 day funding project. It's not that easy to publicly use someone's name, video etc behind their back for 45 days without someone stopping you. If she wasn't behind it, you would expect her lawyers to come with public statements and deny her involvement or stop the funding page. No disrespect to fans and their information but unless her lawyers deny it, I'll assume she's involved and supporting this documentary.

Btw - we emailed her lawyers. Will let you know if we get a response.

I'm personally having a hard time believing Katherine isn't involved or supporting this. She filmed a video asking for support and mentioning Michael's 5th year anniversary - which suggests at least that part of the video is recent.

Good point.

This video has been sent out to media such as Good Morning America, Daily Mail and The Sun. Also this is a 45 day funding project. If she wasn't behind it, you would expect her lawyers to come with public statements and deny her involvement. No disrespect to fans but unless her lawyers deny it, I'll assume she's involved and supporting this documentary.

Same here. Internet rumours and posts on fan Twitters are not official word.

Btw - we emailed her lawyers. Will let you know if we get a response.

That's great. Let's hope we can get an official statement.

MJJCommunity Notice,

Please be aware until further notice MJJC has placed a take down notice on all its platforms promoting the recent funding campaign asking fans to give money to support the making of a Michael Jackson documentary,

We are in the process of making contact and until such a time we are completely happy this project is in fact directly a Katherine Paris Prince and Blanket Jackson project our concerns remain in place.

We will of course in due time make our stance known with regard to the above.

MJJCommunity is committed to ensuring we stand steadfastly by the side of the fans of Michael Jackson our intention is only ever to ensure where Michael and his fans are concerned things are done correctly and with the right intentions of honouring Michael and his legacy.

Regards

MJJCommunity

Note: this thread is also being moved to the controversy forum until an outcome has been reached.

Maybe I am being a bit sensitive today, but I don't think that the clips presented are particularly positive. I'm not saying that Michael's children are criticising him in any way. But if you just read what is said (and not watch), you can come away with some negative perceptions.

Secluded in the context of Michael is not seen as a good thing.

'Like a zoo' has a different connotation that what I'm sure Blanket intended.

I raise these issues because the claim is that the documentary is trying to show Michael in a positive light, but the clips released tend to feed into the existing narrative of his life and his parenting. I am sure they are clips that talk about how wonderful and attentive Michael was as a father. That may not have been as headline grabbing as 'like a zoo' but it certainly would have made a MJ fan feel a whole lot better!

Thank you for reaching out to us about Remembering Michael. All of the funds raised on FundAnything will be applied to the movie's completion. If we do not hit our target, we will still release the film and fulfill all of the rewards that were purchased. The funds are being used to license songs, so the more that we raise, the more songs that will be licensed for the film. Remembering Michael is Katherine Jackson and the children's creation, and was not conducted as a estate project. Thanks again and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for reaching out to us about Remembering Michael. All of the funds raised on FundAnything will be applied to the movie's completion. If we do not hit our target, we will still release the film and fulfill all of the rewards that were purchased. The funds are being used to license songs, so the more that we raise, the more songs that will be licensed for the film. Remembering Michael is Katherine Jackson and the children's creation, and was not conducted as a estate project. Thanks again and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Very sad.

Somebody remind me please, did Mann get to keep all the images in the vault? I seem to remember yes - but I'm not sure.

Oh brother.:doh: So, that's a legitimate response from the people who represent Katherine Jackson?

So much for the fans who claimed it was an attempt at a fraudulent money grab.

It will all go down in flames, like those other tribute attempts. Crazy, isn't it?

Shall we all just do a standing order direct to their banks accounts then I'm sure all of MJ's fans the world over can keep them in the lap of luxury - sorry couldn't resist but say that lol

When I think KJ's actions can't disgust more, I aleays get wrong! :no: Will the Jacksons ever give the respect Michael deserves? I'm tired of them throwing Michael under the mud for money, I'm tired of their schemes, scams and I want them to leave those poor things PPB alone and the Estate to stop them for once! :rant:

I am at the first page and don't know if this is true, but my answer is NO. I will not be funding any documentary. David did one with the family already. I am waiting for the estate to do some QUALITY project like that, where, me as a fan, will not have to fund it.

Run Blanket.... RUN!:eek:

-----------

I'll make Blanket next King of Pop, vows Jackson's dad: Singer's father says fortune-teller predicted his grandson would be a sensation and he just needs to be 'trained'

GreenEyes;3940076 said:
-----------

Speaking of the fortune teller, he said: ‘She said that boy there is going to be the biggest entertainer in the world.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ed-grandson-sensation-just-needs-trained.html

Um, I thought when watching the video that Joe was referring to a prediction given to him years ago about his then very young son, Michael....not something he was told recently about his grandson, Blanket. Am I the only one who heard it that way? *scratches head*

Back