Lady Gaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why Lady Gaga's " Born This Way" May Save The Music Industry

Pretty soon Gaga won't be saving her own ass.

There are many more talented people out there and Gaga is not amongst them.

I agree. Gaga is overrated and overhyped. Her music is repetative and boring, there's not a song of her that has the potential to become a classic and be still interesting and listenable in 10 years. The only thing why she generates such interest is the deliberate scandals and shock value - an old receipt in show business.

I agree as well, she's way overrated. Her new album is not bad, there are a few nice songs but the rest are just repetitive and sound the same. She's not very original too..

Overrated. Overhyped. Oversold.

It's.. yes, disgusting - the most appropriate word for all this - how she is being praised and crowned by the media. How none of the insane things she's doing not just for attention and shock value are getting massive recognition. .. *speechless* And no, 'Born This Way' is just another pebble in this vast ocean of active shallowness and dirtiness the music industry are (promoting). Catchiness will never equal substance and depth of beauty.

I am concerned with overexposure. It seems like she is doing anything to sell an album. I know you have to promote but it seems too much.

Gaga is so talented and I love her. Even though she appears eccentric and over the top, she's a great and kind human being. Just one of us living her dream and sharing it with her fans. The girl sat on the floor and ate her lunch with the SNL set crew and chatted. Who elsedoes that? Who? NO ONE! I realize a lot of people are starting to hate Gaga because of how big she's gotten and feel she doesn't deserve it, but the girl is a very talented vocalist, writer, and musician who has worked very hard for all of it. And the best part is that she does have the talent to back it all up. Lady Gaga is a Julliard graduate after all.

To Gaga fans, ignore all the doubters and haters and just enjoy the ride. We know the truth. ;)

Last edited:
**The Official Lady Gaga Topic**

Lady Gaga makes a lot of headlines with her wacky performances, interviews and music and so I thought that it would be good to designate a thread for all of it and so here ya go. I'm a big Gaga fan so I'll be visiting often.

I'll start us out with this...

You can get Born This Way from Amazon for an incredible .99 right now! So you can either get your own copy or gift it to someone else. :wild:

http://www.amazon.com/Born-This-Way...Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1298917922&pf_rd_i=5174

Lady Gaga accused of manipulating charts

people was discussing this on prince.org

TODAY ONLY: Lady Gaga's FULL ALBUM is on sale for 99 Cents on amazon

the albums that Best Buy gives away with cell phone for free sales will be counted in Soundscan totals

that a smart move to get her physical albums to sell massive

That's nice she is nice but she should be careful. The media is not her friend. A lot of celebrities say they don't want too much exposure. There should be some balance. Not that I know anything about marketing and the business. Just an observation.

Gaga is so talented and I love her. Even though she appears eccentric and over the top, she's a great and kind human being. Just one of us living her dream and sharing it with her fans. The girl sat on the floor and ate her lunch with the SNL set crew and chatted. Who elsedoes that? Who? NO ONE! I realize a lot of people are starting to hate Gaga because of how big she's gotten and feel she doesn't deserve it, but the girl is a very talented vocalist, writer, and musician who has worked very hard for all of it. And the best part is that she does have the talent to back it all up. Lady Gaga is a Julliard graduate after all.

To Gaga fans, ignore all the doubters and haters and just enjoy the ride. We know the truth. ;)

Michael Jackson and more people than you think ,but they don't have a camera recording their steps 24/7 and give those footage to the media. Just saying.

Michael Jackson and more people than you think ,but they don't have a camera recording their steps 24/7 and give those footage to the media. Just saying.

There wasn't any footage of it. Way to be presumptuous. TMZ reported that the crew was mesmerized by her graciousness. The cast and crew were blown away by how awesome she was. No diva in sight. She thanked the entire cast and crew, hugging them individually before and after the show and ate with them. There isn't any videos or proof other than word of mouth, but this sort of thing has been said about her time and time again. Way to be all conspiracy theory and try to discredit her, as if she couldn't possibly be genuine. We live in a sad world. I guess only Michael Jackson was able to truly care about people (and yes he did have cameras following his every step and footage given to media). So whatever!

There wasn't any footage of it. Way to be presumptuous. TMZ reported that the crew was mesmerized by her graciousness. The cast and crew were blown away by how awesome she was. No diva in sight. She thanked the entire cast and crew, hugging them individually before and after the show. There isn't any videos or proof other than word of mouth, but this sort of thing has been said about her time and time again. Way to be all conspiracy theory and try to discredit her, as if she couldn't possibly be genuine. We live in a sad world. I guess only Michael Jackson was able to truly care about people (and yes he did have cameras following his every step and footage given to media). So whatever!

I didn't say that MJ was the only one who cared about people but you on the other hand did say
The girl sat on the floor and ate her lunch with the SNL set crew and chatted. Who elsedoes that? Who? NO ONE!
Isn't that speculation and a way of discrediting all the other people and artists out there who do more important things than sit down with their crew and talk to them? And i didn't acuse the girl of being a diva or a bad person but i also don't like the reaction of her fans who think that she is the second best thing that happened to this world since the resurection of Jesus.

Last edited:

I didn't say that MJ was the only one who cared about people but you on the other hand did say Isn't that speculation and a way of discrediting all the other people and artists out there who do more important things than sit down with their crew and talk to them? And i didn't acuse the girl of being a diva or a bad person but i also don't like the reaction of her fans who think that she is the second best thing that happened to this world since the resurection of Jesus.

There you go making more presumptions. And I don't understand those that refuse to give her any credit or positive feedback whatsoever so I guess we're even.

And stop with this, everyone hates her cause she's big rubbish, have you seen who the idol of most people here is? someone as big as it gets! thats not the reason, it's called false fame, hype and being inflated into comparisons she does not really deserve. Most people agree, her second album is extreemely week, that includes people from all walks of life, it's not factual of course as it's totally subjective, but i'm yet to find someone in my life that likes this album at all, and the reasons were all musical, not the BS personal reasons people gave for disliking MJ's music. People are like sheep unfortunantly, and the media is very pro gaga, there is a reason this album is not popular imo, it's very very weak and in my opinion, the production is awful. Sorry once again.

However, thats not to say she isn't talented, i just think she failed here, and thats not to say she isn't a lovely person, because i know that she is, but she's put herself out there in a career to be judged on her output unfortunantly, and that's exactly what many people are doing. It's nothing personal.

This isn't even about the music anymore (not that it has been for the last, say, decade or so...)--if anything, she (and others, to be fair) is furthering its demise by making it even more of a commercial abomination than it previously was. I won't even criticize her work because, really, it's everything one would expect pop music to be--repetitive, simplistic, overhyped, whatever else people say about it. She didn't sign up to make memorable/relevant music, quite clearly, so why should we expect any such thing from her or from the rest of the mainstreams?

Modernly speaking, mainstream music has seldom been deep/meaningful. Why would anyone expect Gaga to act otherwise? She's just continuing the already set trend of oversimplification and repetition-rich dance tunes sold to make instant club hits and nothing more. That's all. While there's nothing wrong with that, there's something mildly disturbing about the people who actually think she has an ounce of substance or is some sort of innovative, original, otherworldly being. It's simply an untrue and unrealistic image, given all the evidence we have of her work and behaviour thus far.

So, in short, she won't be saving the mainstream music industry at any moment, nor will any of her contemporaries. Even more talented pop stars like Beyonce are forced to conform to the cookie-cutter standards of mainstream--Gaga has thus far endured the same fate, despite whatever she and her fans say. She's just playing along like all the other pop stars with hit albums and matching perfume/commercial endorsements. Nothing new at all, but do we really expect anything new? History (not only of Gaga, but of almost everyone in the mainstream atm) tells us no to bet on it. On the converse, she won't be single-handedly destroying it either.

On that note, I'm sure her album will sell well, despite the hideous cover, because she really does have a talent for making club/dance music, and people associate her with that already. Moreover, she's the current trend, so there is no doubt we'll see the album reach some high places within the mainstream.

Re: Is Lady Gaga a rip off?

True, about Adele, but I think you got the gist of what I meant--as in, most of the people in the mainstream are blatantly copying someone else, etc.

As for Gaga, I honestly don't find an ounce of depth/originality/true relevance in any of her material, but if it makes some people feel good, then what's the harm done? I just can't stand the people who treat her as the second coming of sliced bread, but I could say the same about extreme fans of just about anyone, and I don't like how arrogant she sounds at times, but that's all just opinion and impressions. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, she's clearly talented --not significantly so, but it's there-- and she writes her own material, which may not have any lasting relevance to it, but you've got to recognize the effort--especially when so many others in the pop industry pay others to write for them, etc. Whether her professed love for her fans is genuine or not I can't say, although I tend to run a bit on the cynical side and you could probably gauge my relative opinion of it, but as I said before, if some people find something in it--even if it's just their own personal meaning--then it's not entirely a waste. It doesn't much matter to that person whether or not she's sincere, whether she's a rip-off or not, or whether she's the hottest thing today and gone tomorrow--if they see something reflected in those songs that speaks to them, even if she didn't mean to write it that way, I think that's always a good thing. That's the last shred of humanity mainstream music possesses.

@Alma: well, we'll see. ;)

Re: **The Official Lady Gaga Topic**

Did anybody get the album? I'm getting it from Amazon right now - I have about half of the songs. Well, I like Born This Way, so my $0.99 wasn't wasted. I'm not impressed at all by the other songs, though.

BTW - I think Lady Gaga is an awesome person, and I loved The Fame and The Fame Monster. However, so far, I think the new album really pales in comparison to her earlier albums.

Serious question: do you guys think this album could beat Thriller as the best selling album in the US? I've heard several people predict this, since the album is being given away for free with cell phones (counted as sales) and I believe also sold for $0.99 at some time... And she is the most popular artist out right now. But I don't know, seems unlikely :mello:

Btw, 1000 posts... again? :lol: I guess some of my former posts were removed lol.

Serious question: do you guys think this album could beat Thriller as the best selling album in the US? I've heard several people predict this, since the album is being given away for free with cell phones (counted as sales) and I believe also sold for $0.99 at some time... And she is the most popular artist out right now. But I don't know, seems unlikely :mello:

Btw, 1000 posts... again? :lol: I guess some of my former posts were removed lol.

What? How does that even work? That's so unfair.

I hope not. This may sound childish but I want this record to stay for Michael. I think these tactics to sell the album are not fair when others are not doing that.

Everybody has the right to love who they want, and if people are fans of Gaga than so be it. You guys knew how it felt during the trial when Michael was desperately unpopular. Gaga may not be on the same level as MJ, but her fans deserve a little respect. Don't go around doing what others did to you when your favourite artist wasn't the media darling.

I want to say I don't hate Lady Gaga and I like a few songs she did like Just Dance and Poker Face. I think right now she is overexposed. I am not trying to be disrespectful to her fans. They should enjoy this time. It's just for me it feels like suffocating because everywhere I look it's Gaga this and Gaga that. I understand you need to promote this but it can be too much for one thing. It's not just her but others too.

As for Michael, people said vile and cruel things about him. Things I won't even type. They still say things like that now and I don't wish that on anyone. I don't expect everyone to like Michael but I don't want people to expect me to like everyone that is popular right now either. It has to go both ways.

I'm not asking anybody to like Gaga, I'm not much of a fan myself. But I think people need to be respected for their choices of who they like. If they're a fan, then why does that concern you (generally speaking "you" as a mass of people) or bother you? She might not be "all that" in your eyes, but people enjoy her music and I think she carries a great message.

It doesn't bother me for example if someone is a fan of Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber etc. What makes me uncomfortable is if I say I am not a fan of someone and then another person thinks I am hater when I never said anything bad but that I am just not a fan. Sometimes I see people argue when each just stating their opinion and it turns into something it shouldn't. Most of the time I focus on the topics on Michael since that's why I am here for Michael. I just browse in topics like this to see what others are talking about.

Thriller isn't the biggest selling album in the US anyway, guys.

Americano is stuck in my head. Aaaa America, Americanooo. LOL.

Re: Lady Gaga Thread - All Gaga talk in here.

All Gaga threads have been merged into one, we had so many. The thread might look a little jumbled up lol..

But carry on with discussing the lady and he music in here :)

About her carrying out a "great" message.... I'm curious (not starting anything): what is that message exactly and how does it affect people?.. I'm not gonna answer this, because I've been more than clear so far, but I'm really curious to see and maybe understand what "great" message she is bringing forth. .....

Well I'm referring to Born This Way (as a song) and what she's said during public appearances. She's very big supporter of gay rights, and generally being who you want to be. I believe in those two things very strongly, and I admire that she's putting that out there for a broader audience. It's nice to see a pop star who isn't picture perfect like Britney or Beyonce. Gaga has her flaws, she doesn't have a perfect face but she's still beautiful. I admire that greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back