Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

Re: Who Is It Instrumental in the film :)

It was rehearsed I've heard. But with sexy dancers and if that had been in the movie it would not have been allowed for children to see. So that's why they cut it out. We did see a little of the sexy pole dancers though! :)

Hope Who Is It will be on the BR release as extra material.

I hope this could be in extras of dvd! =DD
and wished he could sing who is it in the movie, at least a part! =( but hearing the instrumental was great as well!
*What about threatened? This also was amazing!!

Saw the movie this afternoon, it was really a beautiful, touching tribute to the King of Pop. Even though I had seen the lightman video on the internet, seeing it on the big screen made my heart race. Smooth Criminal and Thriller were just exceptional! IJCSLY was incredible as well as I'll Be There. Of course, the real crowdpleaser was Billie Jean, that crotch-grab made the audience go nuts! Unfortunately, the people working in my theater did not turn the surround sound on till the last five minutes of the movie which took away from the music. Others complained and we all got passes to see it again! Michael was definitely ready for these concerts and his voice was better than ever! If not for the awful sound, i would have had the complete This Is It experience. Looks like i'll be seeing it in IMAX later this week!

Re: Anyone Else Having Conflicting Feelings??

It's hard to know what the truth really is. They took 100 hours and put into 2 hours. I think the point of this was to show what he wanted to do and to show what a true artist he was. At times he said he was saving his voice which is good thing. It's rehearsals and he shouldn't have to sing all the words. Get the basic idea of what was to happen. He did dance and move a lot in what was shown. At times he looked healthier then other times.

He would want us to see the finished product but since that can't happen now this is what is left and I think he would be okay with that for us to see. I have to say even though these were rehearsals it still looked better to me than the performaces I see on tv today by other artists. Watching you just knew how great the real thing would have been. That's what is sad for me that he had so much he wanted to share and didn't get the chance to.

wowwwwww!!!

That was my reaction to the new Thriller! In fact, that's my reaction to this entire film. What a beautiful work. I think Kenny Ortega and co. did an excellent job of putting this film together. It was wonderful to be able to watch Michael at work so closely. You feel like a part of everything. I just loved the full dance sequences. And Thriller...did I say WOW?!!

I went to the 4:30pm showing here in NYC today so the theater wasn't very full. But I saw a long line forming for the next viewing as we exited. The audience clapped after each big number. As the movie began you could hear a pin drop, it was so respectfully quiet. It was a sad start but you can't stay sad for long once MJ starts dancing and singing and just being his sweet self. His singing is so beautiful. I especially enjoyed Earth Song...his ending vocals were more understated than the recording which I liked.

I could go on and on. I'm not good with writing reviews and I'm terrible with recalling details. There were so many wonderful moments and I have several favorite parts but I'll just say that what's been stated here by others thus far I thoroughly agree with.

The theater had a wall up in the lobby with the "This Is It" poster images where you could write a message to Michael if you wanted to...and I did. Not sure what they will ultimately be doing with those messages. My sister and I posed for pictures in front of it.

I would love to see this movie again and on an IMAX screen! And I want a live soundtrack album, um CD!

So much to think about while watching this film. While MJ's performances are joyful, fascinating and uplifting, in the back of my mind I couldn't help but remember with incredulity that this unique, talented, one of a kind, gentle soul is no longer here. I kept thinking to myself every so often, somebody save him!

Thank you Michael for your amazing final performances and for everything you have given. You did make this world a better place.

Did anyone get a newfound appreciation for pole dancing? :lol: The parts they showed with Daniella Rueda-Watts was impressive. It wasn't the typical pole dancing. More like an athletic art? I remember when it was first mentioned that Michael recruited a world class pole dancer for the shows, some folks were freaking out thinking it was going to add a "sleazy" vibe to things..or wondering if he had lost his mind. lol Well, I can totally see how Michael took notice of her gift. Some of the things she was doing on that pole was just...wow. Not sleazy at all. More Cirque du Soleil style? There was one part where she was literally hanging out from the pole (by one arm) like she was a flag. A guy sitting in front of me was like "Dayum!". Ppl in the theater were cracking up. lol

Re: Anyone Else Having Conflicting Feelings??

I loved the show and I didn't think he looked soo thin people are trying to make him.

Did yall see Mike wear that Popeye t-shirt with the black jacket... I was surpise he wore that LOL

Did anyone get a newfound appreciation for pole dancing? :lol: The parts they showed with Daniella Rueda-Watts was impressive. It wasn't the typical pole dancing. More like an athletic art? I remember when it was first mentioned that Michael recruited a world class pole dancer for the shows, some folks were freaking out thinking it was going to add a "sleazy" vibe to things..or wondering if he had lost his mind. lol Well, I can totally see how Michael took notice of her gift. Some of the things she was doing on that pole was just...wow. Not sleazy at all. More Cirque du Soleil style? There was one part where she was literally hanging out from the pole (by one arm) like she was a flag. A guy sitting in front of me was like "Dayum!". Ppl in the theater were cracking up. lol
The J5 did play background music for strippers. :p

I just got home from the theater....

I don't even know what to say! I didn't want it to end, and I NEED to see it again.
A part of me felt hugely guilty to be watching something that I know in my heart MJ wouldn't have wanted us to see in an imperfect state, but at the same time I had so much fun and it was so comforting.

This should be mandatory to see in the theater.
Everyone was singing, dancing, applauding after every song, shouting "I LOVE YOU MORE" to the screen and crying.
The whole atmosphere was loving and fun, just like Michael would have wanted.

I saw little kids trying to moonwalk in the lobby after.

My favorite part of the experience was during TDCAU, when MJ starts doing those fierce shoulder movements and gets an intense "rawr" sort of look on his face, some girl screamed "OH MY GOOOOD, MICHAEEEELL!!!!" like she was having an orgasm. HILARIOUS.

Also, I never thought I'd witness two elderly women who knew all the words to "Jam".

I love Michael so much for continuing to bring everyone together.

There are a million other things I want to say about the film, but this post would go on forever!

Re: My Fav bit has got to be Right at the end after the credits!

I actally only just missed it, I stayed to the end and as heal the world was ending I left, because I thought there was no more. If only I stayed a few more seconds!!! Nevermind I'm going on Sunday again, so hopefully I shall see it again then.

Did yall see Mike wear that Popeye t-shirt with the black jacket... I was surpise he wore that LOL

Yep. As soon as I was able to make out what it was I was thinking "YAY Popeye!". lol It was in the credits, too. Guess they had to get permission just to show him wearing the image on the shirt. Very cool outfit tho.

The J5 did play background music for strippers. :p

Well, yeah there's that, too. :p

Re: Things I Noticed (some spoilers)

8) This Is It Orchestral version wasn't used.

This was a HUGE surprise as it sounds much more complete to me and feels much like a real film closer than the "album" version... especially the ending. I totally saw how the credits would end with that little "*ding* dahhhhhhh".

though i have to say i loved how there was just one surprise after another at the end of the film.

Re: Who Is It Instrumental in the film :)

yea i need to see who is it

Wow! How'd you get it so early?! They're making me wait until the movie leaves the theater. =/ I went to three different theaters and spoke to managers and gave them my info and made them promise me (multiple times, LoL) that they would inform me when they were through with all the promo stuff and that they would hold it for me until I came to pick it up. =D Can't wait!!!

What can I say... I am CHARMING!!!! :cheers: LOL!!!! Just kidding.

The manager was really nice. We chatted up with a couple of the staff and the manager. They were really nice. I was just very lucky.

Now this morning I went to two different theaters.... so I can get it for another fan. One theater said NO. The other said maybe in two weeks.
:bugeyed

I just got back from the cinema. All I can say is AMAZING! The 7pm show tonight was sold out, theater was jam packed. I seen about 20 people wearing MJ shirts, 2 people with sparkly gloves. We got there an hour early and there was already 20 people in the line up. There was 100 people in the line by 6:30, and people had stereos blasting MJ. It was really fun, there was all sorts of age groups (a small baby to elderly people). I thought the movie was fantastic. I will be seeing it again for sure. I am lost for words!!

at first I was like a hmmm... but 15 minutes into the movie, it starts to pick up with all the performances, and I couldn't control myself to sing along with Michael performing his rehearsals.

Man did he have a show in stored for us if this concert would have happened.

With all those new updates to his music videos being spliced into the performances, it was bitter sweet watching it because it looked so spectacular and knowing would was going to be even greater.

Seeing that had me wishing AEG had got Michael to just shoot complete updated music videos because alone instead of those video updates being used for concert footage.

that Smooth Criminal video Update looked awesome and The Way You Make Me Feel video Update had a dazzling sky scraper backdrop, and I like how they had the gang hanging on those latters.
and that female playing Michael's it girl, looked gorgeous. :wub: I wanted to see Michael and her get it on. :evil:
AEG and Sony sure did keep that Thriller video Update a surprise as well. Again it would have been awesome if AEG had Michael do complete music video updates instead of using those video Updates as just props for the concert.
Plus I was shocked at near the end of that Thriller performance they mixed in a little bit of Threatened (the Thriller 2 like song on the Invincible album) at the end. It got me thinking how SONY blew it back in the day when they didn't fully promote Invincible, Threatened should have got a music video.

The video update for Earth Song was great as well. I was getting a little sleepy here, and Michael's voice was putting me at ease.

As the end approached I was really feeling sad knowing that this was the last new footage that I would ever see of Michael. :(

I was glad it didn't end at the Billie Jean performance (because that's usually where he typically ends his concert performance).

The movie was great but it was suppose to fill the whole in my heart of Michael's passing, I'm afraid that it didn't. It has only made me miss Michael more. :(

Now I want the DVD their going to release of this movie. :D

He was really singing most of the time which I loved and I don't how anyone could say he didn't have his voice anymore. There were times when the music was playing he would just dance and there was no stopping him. I remember during Beat it they were jumping up and down and the band didn't do something so they stopped and Michael told them. Then I think Kenny said we don't have to that again but Michael wanted to. He sounded out of breath but anybody would when you jump up and down like that so many times. For the majority of what I saw his voice was strong and he wanted to save it as much as possible and he was moving just fine.

The move during Billie Jean will get your attention lol. I noticed at times while they were going through the songs Michael would just start smiling and enjoying it. It was nice to see.

I thought all his performances was live. You could tell because he would sometimes not sing a verse to his song as he (in his words) warming up, it's rehearsal.

at first I was like a hmmm... but 15 minutes into the movie, it starts to pick up with all the performances, and I couldn't control myself to sing along with Michael performing his rehearsals.

Man did he have a show in stored for us if this concert would have happened.

With all those new updates to his music videos being spliced into the performances, it was bitter sweet watching it because it looked so spectacular and knowing would was going to be even greater.

Seeing that had me wishing AEG had got Michael to just shoot complete updated music videos because alone instead of those video updates being used for concert footage.

that Smooth Criminal video Update looked awesome and The Way You Make Me Feel video Update had a dazzling sky scraper backdrop, and I like how they had the gang hanging on those latters.
and that female playing Michael's it girl, looked gorgeous. :wub: I wanted to see Michael and her get it on. :evil:
AEG and Sony sure did keep that Thriller video Update a surprise as well. Again it would have been awesome if AEG had Michael do complete music video updates instead of using those video Updates as just props for the concert.
Plus I was shocked at near the end of that Thriller performance they mixed in a little bit of Threatened (the Thriller 2 like song on the Invincible album) at the end. It got me thinking how SONY blew it back in the day when they didn't fully promote Invincible, Threatened should have got a music video.

The video update for Earth Song was great as well. I was getting a little sleepy here, and Michael's voice was putting me at ease.

As the end approached I was really feeling sad knowing that this was the last new footage that I would ever see of Michael. :(

I was glad it didn't end at the Billie Jean performance (because that's usually where he typically ends his concert performance).

The movie was great but it was suppose to fill the whole in my heart of Michael's passing, I'm afraid that it didn't. It has only made me miss Michael more. :(

Now I want the DVD their going to release of this movie. :D

He has NEVER, NOT ONCE ended a concert with Billie Jean!

Never ever!

Bad, MITM and HIStory was used in his solo tours MITM some times also during BAD tour.

Victory Tour ended with Shake your body down to the ground. Bille Jean was the second last song.

I thought the version of Threatened that played was really, really cool. It gave new life to that track, which I've considered filler and a poor album closer. I will listen to that track with renewed fondness thanks to the short instrumental in the movie.

The ending to Earth Song does sound like the falsetto ending on the demo, but I'm not sure if it was, I'll have to listen again.

In many parts where there is lip-syncing, you can still hear him singing live as well.

The opening was so crucial. I love how they didn't waste any time getting into the WBSS. It's like, as soon as the song hit, you knew the film was going to be good.

He has NEVER, NOT ONCE ended a concert with Billie Jean!

Never ever!

Bad, MITM and HIStory was used in his solo tours MITM some times also during BAD tour.

Victory Tour ended with Shake your body down to the ground. Bille Jean was the second last song.
I guess I was thinking of the 30th Anniversary special.

Which watching this movie almost felt like a update to it.

I loved how he seemed to really be enjoying himself. at times I daresay that there was this look of PURE BLISS on his face. it makes me sad and happy all at the same time. I'm happy because he got to do this one last time and know that he could and he would.

sad because, well, we're all sad. no need to explain it.

i think Smooth Criminal was the best part for me, i loved the Gilda scene with Michael and Rita Hayworth, and then Humphrey Bogart....... ahHhhhhhHHhHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! hallelujah mercy meeee!!! :::faint:::

Earth Song was great too. well everything was.

i loved how every single song was done up better than anything in the past, whether it was a note, a dance step, etc. Michael really went for it. and this was only the rehearsals!!! even the j5 stuff, amazing! refreshed.
i knew michael did amazing things and that he would want to out do himself, but i still never thought he could do it like back during the Victory, Bad tour at his age, even when seeing each of the small clips before any of us saw the movie......but shit he out beat his old 20something year old self for feel. seeing the whole movie is a whole other level. and i did not see that frail thin person that i thought i would concentrate on after reading these forums while seeing this movie, they kept the movie positive as it should be no matter what. and if it could win a documentary oscar it actually deserves it, whether your a fan or not. it really was that good , i took a non fan with me(yes i did) to the movie and she went crazy over it talking about in the car. lmao i changed a persons mind a bit. so many people around us need to be reminded how great he was.

Amazing. Just AMAZING. I don't even know what to say. The overriding feeling I have right now is one of pride... I am so proud of him. I think he just appreciated every moment of being back on stage after such a long difficult period with the trial and tabloids, etc. He was aware of things to be grateful of more than ever as you do when you go through difficulties and come around the other side so he would say God Bless You a lot more than usual, that's all i believe it was about. I believe michael believed he would be here especially over the next 4 years to "change the world" with his messages he had for "This is It".
I cried my eyes out and some of the people walking out of the theater came and hugged me. It was sweet, but it was like June 25th all over again. I really MISS him and this movie made me just love him and miss him even more! I'm way beyond words to describe my feelings right now. I'm in tears.. I can't stop crying..

Michael... I love you!

i think Smooth Criminal was the best part for me, i loved the Gilda scene with Michael and Rita Hayworth, and then Humphrey Bogart....... ahHhhhhhHHhHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! hallelujah mercy meeee!!! :::faint:::

Earth Song was great too. well everything was.

i loved how every single song was done up better than anything in the past, whether it was a note, a dance step, etc. Michael really went for it. and this was only the rehearsals!!! even the j5 stuff, amazing! refreshed.
i knew michael did amazing things and that he would want to out do himself, but i still never thought he could do it like back during the Victory, Bad tour at his age, even when seeing each of the small clips before any of us saw the movie......but shit he out beat his old 20something year old self for feel. seeing the whole movie is a whole other level. and i did not see that frail thin person that i thought i would concentrate on after reading these forums while seeing this movie, they kept the movie positive as it should be no matter what. and if it could win a documentary oscar it actually deserves it, whether your a fan or not. it really was that good , i took a non fan with me(yes i did) to the movie and she went crazy over it talking about in the car. lmao i changed a persons mind a bit. so many people around us need to be reminded how great he was.

Well said! :flowers: Agree with you on every single point. And to think he wasn't even giving his complete all as he would have in an actual show is just mind-blowing.

I loved it!!!!! The people in the theatre went nuts so that made the atmosphere much more special!!!!! He looked really energetic and happy!!!

ok, few standout moments from my experience, cliffs notes version lol:

*went to the 7:30 showing (got back half an hr. ago), decent (and well-behaved) crowd on hand.

*the intro w/ the dancers got me a little misty, but fortunately, they didn't linger on em too long.

*Michael was MICHAEL. point blank. A few new weapons in his arsenal. Still looked like he was holding back, didn't wanna let out all the moves lol. He went to chuuch (church) quite a few times vocally as well. The crowd really responded to that. Anytime Mike moonwalked, you could hear gasps from the audience! so incredible!

*When MJ smiled during the "Fade Out" (after TDCAU/Trip On Me/HIStory medley), everyone laughed.

*HUMAN.NATURE. (major applause)

*The infamous "Penguin Move" got a lot of laughs lol

*We all got a kick outta Mike's terminology ("we're sizzlin'", "let it simmer", etc.) lol

*lmao @ Mike throwing out a disclaimer on how he's conserving his throat, and proceeding to go full throttle mid-song lol

*Smooth Criminal, Thriller/Threatened performances really blew me away.

*Cast & Crew meeting at the end is where the tears started flowing a bit for me. Just seeing how everyone was so eager to take on this project, it was almost like the audience was there with them, in that moment. It stung a bit to be brought back to reality after that moment.

*Bittersweet? Most definitely. But it's a remarkable ride, and I'm game for at least one more go-round on Friday night.

I noticed that some clips from the trailler are not in the movie. Dirty Diana was not performed, I was hoping to watch Michael performing Dirty Diana again... The rest of the show is awesome!!!

Back