Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

I saw it TWICE today so that's to tell you how much I loved it! I really loved how dedicated Michael was to his music and performances. He really was the one running the show and that's very clear in the film. I have even more respect for him than I did before.

My favorite segments were "Earth Song", "Thriller", "They Don't Care About Us" and "Smooth Criminal". All were awesome! They would have been SO AMAZING live.

I didn't think it was even possible for me to love Michael any more than I did, but I do after seeing the movie. He's great. He really is. I'll probably see the movie again this weekend.

I went to the 7:00 showing tonight, the film is nothing but love l.o.v.e
I thought I would be sad but I'm not. I felt happy and comforted watching the film. The crowd clapped after after song. We were all singing to Billie Jean,
Folks was yelling Gone Micheal! at the screen.
I thought I was going to be crying my eyes out but MJ was clearly having a great time putting this all together.
His spirit and energy is palpable and jumps off the screen so there was nothing to be sad about.

I loved WBSS- that's one of my favorite songs and it was perfect to kick the film off with

Loved TWYMMF- his genius really came out while showing/teaching Bearden how to play the song. He clearly hears every note, every chord and while he is demanding and a perfectionist, he is never mean or disrespectful.
Loved the intro with the dancers ala chicago and the outro with Michael and the dancer leaving the stage.
The mini video was cool too for SC Michael spliced in between those old movies was fun to see.

Thriller looked amazing! Loved having threatened at the end. He was grooving too.

IJCSLY- the singer is one of the best I've seen him have chemistry with singing that song.

Loved Billie Jean- I can't even describe what he was doing but he was working it!!!

Speechless and Earth Song- MJ's voice just shines

I adored this movie, MJ's humor was so apparent but his gentle spirit stuck out the most even when he was clearly upset
I could not believe this was a 50- year old man on that stage.
This wasn't a concert so MJ's dancing wasn't full out nor was he as energetic as the kids but there were times when MJ was just grooving and moving like I've never seen him before.

Also those dancers were in such awe of Michael. That was touching to see. I've read or have seen interviews with them and after watching the film, their words resonate even more. Those kids loved MJ so much and I think because of that MJ gave such amazing rehearsals.
MJ was feeding off their energy. They were giving him so much love, even when he was trying to hold back he couldn't because they were there egging him on.

I have to see it again. I can't wait for the DVD
I fell in love with MJ in a new way after seeing this film

I love you more Michael and thank you.
I don't know why it had to be this way but I'm grateful none the less

I documented my experience and thoughts on my blog...complete with videos!
http://abeautifulfrenzy.blogspot.com/ :D

Amygrace,

Thank you! That was an awesome blog!

I am going to see the movie at the most 3 more times (it's called addiction! LOL!), but watching the vids you took has given me the time to really pay close attention!

I'm still simply amazed by the Thriller sequence!

Amygrace,
Thank you! That was an awesome blog!
I am going to see the movie at the most 3 more times (it's called addiction! LOL!), but watching the vids you took has given me the time to really pay close attention!
I'm still simply amazed by the Thriller sequence!
Haha...I'd see it 3 more times if I could! I'm at least going to find time to watch it once more in the theater...I simply must. Watching Michael on that HUGE screen was the best thing ever.
And that Thriller sequence...man I know! Sooo awesome.

Re: Things I Noticed (some spoilers)

I noticed that about the Earth song falsetto too. I liked the arrangement of Jam (especially since that is my favorite song).

defdave it is people like you who do these wonderful selfless acts that make others feel privaledged and lucky..(Partly because we don't have to do the work lol)..I know it is not a fully selfless act because you want to see this as a concert too I am sure, but you don't have to make it and share it but you will anyway and I for one thank you in advance

I just wish sony/aeg would follow suit and release many extras of solid performances and not just in the film...I realise many of the songs would have been stop and start but give us more please...There are so many performances and surely many are fluid..grrr i hate them so much

Thanks, michael4eva. :) I'm really looking forward to doing this. I want it to look and sound more like the full realization of Michael's concert plans. It should be fun.

Dave could you make me a copy with audience clapping screaming??? ill send you my addie on pm ok coool man

You bet. I got the pm and when I make the dvd I'll send it out to you.

At some points during the movie the audience would laugh when Kenny was talking because he seemed to be sucking up to MJ! LOL

When Kenny started to dance next to MJ & did the flappy hand movement thingy with him; ME: :rofl: Other people were laughing too.

The audience in my theater cheered during the part where Kenny asked MJ how would he know when to start during Smooth Criminal. And MJ responded "I'll feel it."

Wow...

Just got home from watching it...AMAZING. *sigh*

ok, few standout moments from my experience, cliffs notes version lol:

*When MJ smiled during the "Fade Out" (after TDCAU/Trip On Me/HIStory medley), everyone laughed.

*The infamous "Penguin Move" got a lot of laughs lol

*lmao @ Mike throwing out a disclaimer on how he's conserving his throat, and proceeding to go full throttle mid-song lol

*Smooth Criminal, Thriller/Threatened performances really blew me away.

:yes: to all of these. MJ talking about I'mma conserve my voice & then proceeding to kick butt: I had to make some noice at that one. He sounded beautiful during Human Nature.

Last edited:

I loved how the dancers, who are half his age, were cheering him on and just plain old starstruck when Michael was performing Billie Jean. It must've been so magical to have been there and seen him perform it live and essentially flawless. Magic.

Just went see it a second time tonight, just in front of me there was a woman, like 65 years old or so, everytime a song started, she would say the title to her husnabd.. and she was waving her hands in the air at the end of the credit when Heal the world was playing.
I would have so gave a hug to that woman! Well, I didn't , but we talked, she knew I've been going to the midnight one and she asked me if I was going again, I said 'everyday' She laughed. She was lovely!

That movie is incredible

MICHAEL is incredible

I would have taken years and years still or your talent but thank you for leaving this to us before you go. This is EPIC, this is YOU this is BEAUTIFUL!

Yep. As soon as I was able to make out what it was I was thinking "YAY Popeye!". lol It was in the credits, too. Guess they had to get permission just to show him wearing the image on the shirt. Very cool outfit tho.

I didnt know about that. See i didnt stay to see the credits wish i had...

Just saw it for the second time!

Was still incredibly amazing! Earth Song really sent shivers down my spine the whole way through! I felt a bit sadder at times too :(

The awesomeness of this movie is indescribable. From the moment the lights went down until the last credit rolled I was entranced. Everybody should see it.

I am more in love with MJ than I have ever been or ever thought I could love someone I have never met. WOW is all I can say!!!!

I will be seeing it again and again over the next 2 weeks. :) Also THIS IS IT song is beautiful on the big screen and FML, my CD is actually scratched already. :(

Just went see it a second time tonight, just in front of me there was a woman, like 65 years old or so, everytime a song started, she would say the title to her husnabd.. and she was waving her hands in the air at the end of the credit when Heal the world was playing.
I would have so gave a hug to that woman! Well, I didn't , but we talked, she knew I've been going to the midnight one and she asked me if I was going again, I said 'everyday' She laughed. She was lovely!

LOL

That's so awesome, Carine. God bless that lady. :)

There were moments when he transcended into a higher place i swear. I cant even imagine the spiritual journey e would have taken the nights of the shows. It was magnificent. I looooved "let it sizzle"

I loved listening to other peoples reactions in the theater. It was such a community.

I just got home from the theater....

I don't even know what to say! I didn't want it to end, and I NEED to see it again.
A part of me felt hugely guilty to be watching something that I know in my heart MJ wouldn't have wanted us to see in an imperfect state, but at the same time I had so much fun and it was so comforting.

This should be mandatory to see in the theater.
Everyone was singing, dancing, applauding after every song, shouting "I LOVE YOU MORE" to the screen and crying.
The whole atmosphere was loving and fun, just like Michael would have wanted.

I saw little kids trying to moonwalk in the lobby after.

My favorite part of the experience was during TDCAU, when MJ starts doing those fierce shoulder movements and gets an intense "rawr" sort of look on his face, some girl screamed "OH MY GOOOOD, MICHAEEEELL!!!!" like she was having an orgasm. HILARIOUS.

Also, I never thought I'd witness two elderly women who knew all the words to "Jam".

I love Michael so much for continuing to bring everyone together.

There are a million other things I want to say about the film, but this post would go on forever!

:rofl: at that girl. She must have passed out when he was grinding during Billie Jean. Your experience sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The "Earth Song" girl was beautiful !
But I got a question ? What Did Michael mean with " We need to save the world , we only got 4 years to go? " That shocked me a little bit.

The "Earth Song" girl was beautiful !
But I got a question ? What Did Michael mean with " We need to save the world , we only got 4 years to go? " That shocked me a little bit.

He was referring to "global warming". Some scientists (not all) think we have to reverse environmental trends within the next 4 years or else we're looking at planetary catastrophe. I'm not 100% sure about that 4 year figure, but I love that Michael was so passionate about saving the planet for future generations.

Is it just me or was MJ pretty touchy feely with judith hill where I think he ran his hand down her behind. lol

Do you know the earth song bit. Do you mean he didnt sing it live it was just a recording from 1982 or whatever and it was put in the movie :no:. I thought black or white was amazing:agree:

Earth song was the most touching performance.

We are enjoying his performance but do you all realised that it's just so easy to forget that the set was Staple Center? He danced and sang there, his memorial service was also held over there. It was the same place where the casket was brought in. So heartbreaking, the place is full of mixed emotions, sorrow and confusions.

Please excuse me for shouting, but I have to say this:

For any of you who haven't seen this movie yet....
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO SEE IT!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

We are enjoying his performance but do you all realised that it's just so easy to forget that the set was Staple Center? He danced and sang there, his memorial service was also held over there. It was the same place where the casket was brought in. So heartbreaking, the place is full of mixed emotions, sorrow and confusions.

I was thinking about that last night after the movie and it really broke my heart.

Throughout the movie, not once did I even think about that. I totally forgot about that fact. But then when I got home I remembered.

I contemplated bringing that up here at the forum last night, but I ultimately decided not to because of the excitement of the debut and all. But yeah...you're right. It was Staples Center. This whole thing is so bittersweet and emotional.

4) earth song: at the end it sounded like the original falsetto demo version was being used for michael's big ending, rather than a live recording, or the original master version. I found this kind of strange, but interesting. I always did like that falsetto ending so to hear it like that was kinda cool.
I noticed that too, I'm wondering if that was something they put on in the editing room for the film, or it was intendent to be in the show?
I've listened to the demo now, and it sounds really similar.

I'm just torn that they didn't show more of Speechless. I love that song, I got tears in my eyes when I saw he sang just that small part.. :(

WAS earth song just put into the movie and not sung live.

Yeah the band was amazing! He was singing it all LIVE too! The concerts, oh god... what we missed, what was going to be! He was going to BLOW THE ROOF OFF, and blow the worlds minds!!

HOW has no one mentioned these things!

Black or White Live!!

small part of the Spanish I Just Can't Stop Loving You.
And the Incredible Vocal ending to IJCSLY as well:wub:

And Speechless LIVE! Ending with Michael saying, "I Love You"

Back