Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

The smooth criminal bnw video was insanely awesome!!!!
after seeing the movie i feel like ive been through such an awesome experience

Re: My Fav bit has got to be Right at the end after the credits!

I stayed to the end too and saw that. It was so light and casual. Just him thinking what he was going to do.

i just got back and all i can say it was just pure magic!

i didn't expect that amount of live vocals in my wildest dreams.

and the quality of his singing was PHENOMENAL. just like in the bad era.

and the film shows very well how much MJ was involved in creating all different parts of the show, that he was the real director of the whole thing.

i'm blown away and sad at the same time, can't wait till tomorrow to see it again.

Or how about when he motioned "come here" with his finger. :swoon:
Ohh man...I about fainted watching that too! :heat:
He was so beautiful, hot, adorable, in great voice...*swoon* it was wonderful.

I also loved the part...I can't remember where it was...but he scrunched up his shoulders to his ears and gave this big grin...much like he did during the "unauthorized interview" from way back when. It was SO adorable...he was still such a silly goof. :wub:

it was me and my 3 friends and 2 other people who stayed for the credits.. i knew there was extra, we HAD to stay! and there was :) made me laughh.. then i just lost it because i knew it was the end :(

The audience at my cinema (South Australia) was quite animated, clapping after each song, whistling and shouting out. I think we all wanted it to be as close to a concert as possible, and to show our love for Michael. It was cool.

LOLOL. Noticed that too. Hmmmm. :wub: Or how about when he motioned "come here" with his finger. :swoon: The second time we saw the film my husband jokingly grabbed my shoulder at that point... you know, 'holding me back' like I was going to up and leave with MJ :D And the slow-motion crotch grab.... ::innocent whistling:: .... WOW. Ok, the entire movie: WOW. I was sad, I was happy, I cried, I smiled, I laughed. God, London would have been wonderful. Not that I ever believed it wouldn't have been :(

The slow crotch grab move was... Oh my, my, my!!!! Hehe. *Faints* Oh, so many of those slight changes to otherwise well known moves were very scintillating, that's for sure. SIghhhhhhhhhhhh.

The DVD HAS to come out for Christmas, otherwise, I may have to seek *ahem* interim options of the "2 for $10" kind? :p
I cannot watch low quality street DVDs, lol. But as far as the movie, I think Orianthi was really great. I liked the "Smooth Criminal" with Rita Hayworth (who I'm a fan of) and Humphrey Bogart. Mike also seemed to put more effort into the J5 medley, rather than just rushing through it like he doesn't really want to perform it like in the past. It still would have been cool if he chose some other songs besides "ABC", "I Want You Back", etc. like "Never Can Say Goodbye", "Mama's Pearl", or "Dancing Machine". I found it interesting that the non used portion of Vincent Price's dialogue was put in "Thriller".

Human Nature was ACE!!

Black or White sung live - FANTASTIC

I just can't stop loving you LIVE - GREAT! - So funny how MJ sang all the wrong lyrics all the time! :lol: Both verses he sang was wrong :lol: but live and soo great!

I missed seeing the moonwalk! :( - but that's also the onlt thing I miss.

Well, I decided to break it down a bit

The beginning saddened me. The scrolled messages plus silence just felt so serious and depressing. Hearing the dancers expressing their amazement at working with Michael was also hard to hear. But when it jumped into WBSS it cheered me up.

Jam and They Don't Care About Us were great. Huge army created with the green screen was stunning.

I wish there had been more to Speechless.

Human Nature. Oh wow. Those are some of the best vocals I've ever heard, loved “I like lovin' this way” in that sort of growly voice. And I got to hear it again during the credits. My favorite song ever. I'm still not convinced the “aggressive dolphin” was a move though. :p I did notice some interesting new move I think. Watch closely when they switch to where he's wearing the gold pants. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Smooth Criminal was absolutely amazing. It's like he went and made a new short film for it. Made me nostalgic. Reminded me of Moonwalker. 3D bits would have been amazing.

The Way You Make Me Feel. Ok I loved how he was communicating with keyboardist, trying to get the sound just right. It really showed his professionalism. Incredible vocals as well.

Jackson 5 medley was great, but I was kinda disappointed Michael wasn't singing for Shake Your Body. Maybe in the dvd extras?

I Just Can't Stop Loving You, holy...wow. If people had any doubts before whether or not Michael could still sing, then they just need to hear this one. It was phenomenal.

Thriller. God the new Thriller was going to be amazing. The zombies, the spider, the 3D effects, everything. I also literally said “Yes!” when I heard the music of “Threatened” come on. It was spectacular.

Beat It. Thought it was hilarious when he was on the cherry picker, and Kenny was telling him to hold on, be safe. “Weee!” lol.

Black or White, also great. Orianthi is amazing. But mostly same old same old here.

Earth Song was so touching and got to me the most. The film with the little girl was amazing. This song is so beautiful.

Billie Jean. The one I was most looking forward to. I know he didn't wear the outfit, but wow. New moves. Slow motion crotch crab. I couldn't believe it. Michael is an unstoppable force.

Man in the Mirror always gets to me. I almost wish they hadn't ended on this song because it makes me so sad.

I laughed at all the funny bits, “booty, I like that. That's funny” hehe and the “simmering”, “stewardesses” and the cherry picker. And also at the end of the credits with the jacket. Some of those moves he did made my jaw drop. Whoa. But now I miss Michael more. :(

I'm not long back from seeing it, and it was AMAZING, i loved the new version of Smooth Criminal and also Thriller looked like it was going to be awesome too, i also loved the stage design for the J5 Medley and TWYMMF

As for the movie itself, I was riveted during the first viewing; taking everything in. The music was A-MA-zing! If Sony does not release a LIVE album with that music, they would be negligent. Flippin' AWESOME!

I'm going to have a live album, regardless if Sony releases one or if I have to edit it down from the DVD myself.

But based on what's there alone they could come out with a live album. Plus, they have a lot more footage. A good editor could easily create a live album from that. Plus, the backup singers are still around if they needed to do more parts.

The music in this movie was really great, I can't stress that enough. I liked listening to the HIStory tour Munich audio because while the songs sound like playback, you can make out a new arrangement or live instrumentation here or there, but on This Is It, every song sounds like a straight live version.

Ahhh How did I forget Smooth Criminal? :doh: Fantastic! I don't know about you guys but when he jumped thru the glass it looked like 3D to me...without the glasses. :unsure: Maybe it was just my eyes. lol

And yeah, the slow Billie Jean crotch grab was something else. At one point during the end of the song when he's really grooving, I got misty thinking about what we lost, but when he started the slow crotch grab, my wet eyes got all WIDE. haha

Just realized after he finished BJ, he didn't seem out of breath or anything. It was like he could do all that in his sleep. :girl_sigh:

how sexy is the slow motion crothch grab? i watching the movie this weekend so i havent seen it yet. but by these reviews i am even more hyped.

I loved Human Nature too. I loved that kind of growl he did at one point. I really liked too seeing him smile. There were times in the performances you could tell he was enjoying himself. I know this was only a glimpse of the rehearsals but he loved the stage you could tell.

I was glad when I heard he was going to do the concerts in first place. The stage was like home to him. I just wish he was here to do the amazing things he had planned.

It was great.

Re: Who Is It Instrumental in the film :)

It was rehearsed I've heard. But with sexy dancers and if that had been in the movie it would not have been allowed for children to see. So that's why they cut it out. We did see a little of the sexy pole dancers though! :)

Hope Who Is It will be on the BR release as extra material.

I'm going to have a live album, regardless if Sony releases one or if I have to edit it down from the DVD myself.

But based on what's there alone they could come out with a live album. Plus, they have a lot more footage. A good editor could easily create a live album from that. Plus, the backup singers are still around if they needed to do more parts.

The music in this movie was really great, I can't stress that enough. I liked listening to the HIStory tour Munich audio because while the songs sound like playback, you can make out a new arrangement or live instrumentation here or there, but on This Is It, every song sounds like a straight live version.

i really hope u extract audio from the dvd and make a live album to post on here.
that's an amazing idea.

I cannot watch low quality street DVDs, lol. But as far as the movie, I think Orianthi was really great. I liked the "Smooth Criminal" with Rita Hayworth (who I'm a fan of) and Humphrey Bogart. Mike also seemed to put more effort into the J5 medley, rather than just rushing through it like he doesn't really want to perform it like in the past. It still would have been cool if he chose some other songs besides "ABC", "I Want You Back", etc. like "Never Can Say Goodbye", "Mama's Pearl", or "Dancing Machine". I found it interesting that the non used portion of Vincent Price's dialogue was put in "Thriller".

Me either, nor do I advocate such a thing. :fear: lol Oh man, there was soooo much to enjoy in the film that I totally forgot about Orianthi. She kicked ass as well as the other guitarist during Beat It. They definitely tore it up. I think he kept that J5 medley becuz he knew it like the back of his hand. Didn't have to think about it too much. But man, the LIVE band kicked things up a notch for me. Can't say enuf how those sterile and anemic backing tracks suck all the life outta music...even when the artist sings LIVE. Background vocals were on point, too. Man, these shows were going to bring IT. I need my stress ball.

Human Nature was ACE!!

Black or White sung live - FANTASTIC

I just can't stop loving you LIVE - GREAT! - So funny how MJ sang all the wrong lyrics all the time! :lol: Both verses he sang was wrong :lol: but live and soo great!

I missed seeing the moonwalk! :( - but that's also the onlt thing I miss.

Totally agree. Even the mistakes were great becuz it's was all him.

I saw some moonwalking during Smooth Criminal. :yes:

Re: A question to those of you who have seen it **SPOILERS**

crazy4umjackson

That shirt in you siggy, can that be bought anywhere?
MJ_replacement_1-1.jpg

Can this be bought anywhere on the net??

Thriller. God the new Thriller was going to be amazing. The zombies, the spider, the 3D effects, everything. I also literally said “Yes!” when I heard the music of “Threatened” come on. It was spectacular.

Oh yeah! Threatened! That song has always been off and on for me. Sometimes I enjoy it and other times it's like "not today". But LIVE with that band? Irresistably tight work! Gonna pump it tomorrow in the car.

Its an amazing movie, the concert would have been legendery and the main message MJ wanted to give out from his concerts was….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61Q-EZ8R7M
And that message should be carried on… We only got it from the movie but i really hope people take it on.

Like MJ once said

“If you want to make the world a better place look at yourself and make a change”

His Legacy will live on….

Yes, time to get involved and stop thinking some one else will do it for us. TII was just the kick in the butt i needed.

Yes, time to get involved and stop thinking some one else will do it for us. TII was just the kick in the butt i needed.

:flowers:

And that was your 111th post!

Had to point that out cuz altho I don't look at ppl's post count, my eyes went straight to it. Strange thing happening with me and that number lately. Don't mind me. :lol:

Re: A question to those of you who have seen it **SPOILERS**

For me it felt like you were right there in the arena watching these rehearsals. It felt like they were doing it right now. I think for a small time I forgot he was really gone. I think when the end comes just because they stop showing anything else you come back to reality.

It is all Michael and about him and that is the tribute. Showing the genius he was and the true artist he was. He knew every detail about everything and how it should be.

I came back from watching the movie about an hour ago and am my head is still swimming with images of Michael singing and dancing his heart out!

I LOVED THIS MOVIE SOOOOOO MUCH! Well, everyone pretty much loves this movie. . . thank God for that.

I am so happy that the movie was concentrating on the positive because I really didn't want to cry. The only times I teared up was in the beginning when the dancers were tearing up at the opportunity to dance with their idol and at the end when I saw the dedication to the children.

A lot of my favorite moments have already been discussed. But what I thought was really cool was when Michael started dancing to 'Threatened' with Travis on the stage that was lifting up. OMG. . . at the moment it was like Michael got lost in the music and just started freestyling. I thought that was incredibly cool and wish it could have lasted longer. I love the Thriller sequence in general.

I am just going to say that if Michael had to go at this time. . . if it was God's plan. . . then it just makes me happy that Michael got to be back on stage again and sing his song and dance his dance moves and put all his time and energy into something that he truly loved. Michael was still performing in front of his fans (everyone who worked with him) and he was always getting love from his second family. The way that the dancers looked up to him. . . man, i just can't imagine what all of them went through on June 25th. I think it had to be traumatic. But my mother (who watched the movie with me) said that they were the lucky ones because they are the ones that got to see Michael perform live last.

Anyways, I am going to see the movie again in IMAX on Halloween night and I might have to go a third time alone. I really want to observe and study the movie more. That's why I can't wait till the DVD comes out because then I can watch it over and over again and we got a lot of bonus features!!!

This is my FAVORITE movie of all time!!!

Re: Anyone Else Having Conflicting Feelings??

I really enjoyed the movie but at the same time I was sad and kept thinking that its just unfair that michael didn't have the chance to present his work to his fans as he would like to, and the fans see him giving 100% of himself on stage..for me this movie was not healing..i will always wonder how the real show would have been like..i'd like to see this in its complete form :( michael performing 100% on stage, the crowd going crazy when they see michael, michael feeling his fans' energy etc
rehearsals are great i love them but they only complement the final result which we will never see :(
i think only the mj fans can truly appreciate these rehearsals because we know how magnificent his shows were and how great he was on stage and im glad that atleast this film is released.
I just hope that the people [im talking about people who have never seen him perfoming live whether indeed live or in concert videos]who will watch this movie will understand that these were just rehearsals and that mj was really keeping much of his strength for the real shows.
Im gonna watch the movie again tomorrow!
I hope the dvd will have more scenes with michael talking about whatever :)

Back