Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

Yes he dances in the drill. And it's one of the coolest parts of the movie. One thing I loved about it was you can clearly see him smiling while doing his moves during that part. He was in his element.

Please tell me, do we see him talking with the crew and stuff like that, not just dancing all the time?
I am going to see it tomorrow night

Please tell me, do we see him talking with the crew and stuff like that, not just dancing all the time?

Oh yeah, Dave. Very much so. Those are some of the best parts of the film. We get to see the REAL Mike...the human being Michael Joseph Jackson and his humbleness and his kindness and his passion and professionalism when speaking to the dancers, the crew, etc.

Yep, he inspired and had fun with his partners. He was so kind and full of love.

Just got back.

Just utterly incredible. I'm exhausted right now! Drained emotionally and physically. Highlights were definately everything haha. In particular TWYMMF was fucking incredible. Smooth Criminal was stunning. IJCSLY was just magic.

I'll go into more detail later

love you all

xx

I can't express how I feel about it.
It was so incredibly amazing...that show was going to be like nothing that had ever been created before.
Mike was in top form...those dance moves were as fantastic as ever, and his sense of humour....well, you guys know what I mean...:wub:

So I guess from what Michael was saying...he would've thrown the red Beat It jacket down on the ground and somehow it gets caught on fire and then he would get down on his knees ala Jimi Hendrix and then the lights go off and you would just see the flames.

I'm guessing that would've been a pretty cool effect, but I'd hate to see that iconic red jacket burning! :)

Hum, how did it catch on fire? Was that jacket specially designed?

well i did it. just back from the cinema. saw the 9.30 viewing.was about 30 ppl in there. where do i start? i was filling up even during the adverts and the beinging set me off. was talking to friends and at the begining the dancers are saying who they are what it means to dance with mj. but they get pretty emotional. my mum who i saw it with thought that bit was filmed after the 25th cause of the emotion but im not sure if it was just an american thing (the emotion.

best bits. just hearing mj talk and directing the dancers and the musicians and watching him chewing his gum non stop lol bless him. they way he would say things and talk. i dont think he ever realised how cute and sweet he sounded like when hes on the cherry picker and ortega is asking him to hold on for safety reasons etc. just from watching him talk to the dancers and how he carries himeself u cant possible not think that hes just the sweetest guy and the reason im sure many of us love him so much. we got to see so often what the gen public are getting to see in this film. the sooth crim video with borgart was awesome. the whole special effect were amazing. thriller was wow.if only we could have got one show at the 02 and it filmed and released to see mj in full glow rather than just rehearsal footage where obviously mj is well just rehearsing.and his voice was awesome

the worst bits and not in a bad way. i said to my mum b4 we went in look at him and tell me what u think.weight/size wise.theres no doubt to me he was so skinny in the footage and underweight regardless of what any reports say.not gonna go on about that cause its been debated forever and a day but no way imo did he look great as some fans think.

crying my eyes out moments well the dancers at the begining. ill be there,earth song and thriller especially when u know that was shot on the 24th. words cant comprehend how u feel when u see that.u feel like shouting at the screen dont use that stuff tonight mike. stupid i know.man in the mirror. all these types of songs always have me going so it was even worse seeing him on stage. the only good thing is that while u are watching the film its hard to comprehend the reality because hes there right infront of you

overall the film was put together really well imo. gald there was no memorial footage etc a good mixture of mj talking and performing although id like more talking but thats just me. but u just end up craving a full peformance of this show u dont want joe bloggs who goes to see it thinking weill he aint that good cause obviously with some of the routines hes just going through the motions as it is a rehearsal.but it just makes u want to see it in full action which u know will never happen. im gald i went. helped there wasnt many in and if u dont see it on the big screen u will regret it. now at least i can get the dvd and hide it away for a few years until u can watch it without helping to kill off the rain forest with the amount of tissues u go through.

overall you just think to yourself what a loss and why. its just breaks you heart but when u see all the money that was spent and see all the ppl in the rehearsals and u think what mj was telling fans.theres no way anyone would have ever stopped those shows from happening,if they indeed needed stopping it was all about the $ and the cash cow that mj was. he always wanted to please everyone and his fans and regardless of what u feel about everything mj must have had the weight of the world on his shoulders(in both a good and bad way) knowing this had to be the biggest and the best and that he wanted to do this for us. he gave everything for us and at the same time of thanking mj for that u feel guilty about it aswell. he always did everything for everyone else thats what his whole life was about.bringin joy to others and the only positive thing i can gain from the pain that we are all going through is knowing that we lived at the same time as this beautiful human being and experienced so much joy from him. if only the world would listen to his message. he was to good for this earth and all the evil that was done to such a sweet soul free at last mike. i love you. *cries*

all i can say now is im totally emotionally and physically drained from that. a stinking headache from all the crying in the theatre

Well I just got back..Superb..Total representation of who michael is as a musician, dancer, singer, improviser..the list goes on..I shall try to remember moments..This is one of those films where if you see it again , you will notice more things

Just to say a few annoying bits first..I say annoying but not really...Well as I thought, some bits included weren't in the film which was odd..Like the moment where mj is ni a red jacket and he opens it up and closes it..It was on the set of the new thriller bit..I swear I did not see that...

But also, in the end credits, there were moments of michael next to credits and some were def not in the film..Like he had the curls for girls t shirt and a baige jacket and also a fedora with something else..They weren't in film which was tad odd..Maybe in extras bit?Also the moment where the backign singer put his hand on michael's shoulders from behind him..NEVER IN IT?

Anyone notice they showed mj doing the moonwalk slide ALOT...I mean he did it loads of times lol..More than the spin! lol

I thought the adding of dates was a bit pointless because they were hardly any...They should have put more specific days on the bottom on scenes..I only remember a few but it would have made everything a bit more relative

It is tough to have 200 hours of footage and this short space of time to put it all together..But i thought it was well done, although the order of songs ws not the same as the album..It was gettin to a stage where i thought, omg they are leaving out billie jean?
I mean bj would not have been at that point in the concert.

Anyway , lets see...So the beginning words were very poignant..I like how the last paragrah was left a bit longer as it was the most emotional bit...I think was v good to start how the concert would have but I thought mj would have made a more grand entrance onto the screen..Suddenly he was just there, just like the trailer..I thought he would have been shown walking on stage but hey thats just me..

Nice to start with dancers expressing their love for mj and being so emotional

1、Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (full performance)..

Electric performance..I mean it was like bam! lLike Start of concert lol..He song the lines in v different ways and tones and it was so fresh and new..
2、Speechless (very very short, if it counts)..Beautiful moment..I guess it was spontaneous and maybe he did not sing the whole song..But it was a nice moment to see.

3、Jam (full performance)..Never though i would see this one..He did the whole dance bit..very nice segment...The guy didn't do the rap, he just kept saying jam lol..Was funny

4、They Don't Really Care About Us (almost full performance) / Drill (short) (green screen) / Bad (short) (green screen)..Pretty much same as clip we seen..I tought that mj entrance where the dancers got excited was the first time they saw him, Maybe it was..But wasn't clear to me

5、Human Nature (full performance)..best vocals of whole show..His range on some notes was scary..I loved the end 3 scene bit when he is going off stage..The end of that song was just unbelievable..So much depth to his voice and I liked the rehersal bit before he just suddenly broke out into it..I am not talking about the bit already shown..He was just going over the sounding of a single note...But then he just hits it and goes into the accapella..Those high notes at the end..He hit them as good as I ever heard, if not better..Quite amazed

6、Smooth Criminal (Dome Project / full performance)..wow wow..the moment you see mj in full outfit in balck and white...just sitting there flirting with his eyes..That whole bit was great..So it was mj ridiing down the staris! The chase scene was soo cool...The bit where he decided when to cue the song and how he will feel it..to the whole structure of the song

7、The Way You Make Me Feel (Dome Project / full performance)...The moment he was helping to figure out the notes on the piano was so cool..A true master at work and then he starts dancing to it..Those moments where he was instructing the band and the keyboard guy were so intersting to watch..He explained it like james brown..Not technical but in his own voice and way of his own..OMG THE ENDING TO THIS..When he is holding on to like a bar thingy and just flirts with the girl to the different music..Loved the new ending.loved it

8、Jackson 5 Medley: I Want You Back, The Love You Save, I'll Be There (almost full performance)..The bit with when he stop singing and just smiled at fact he had ' a fist in his ear' ...That is why we do rehersals lol...But Kenny was like now if it happens on the next song, you can tell us sir ..I think ''ill be there was most emotional bit of whole film'' Very sad to see..Then everyone watching was swaying arms...I like bit where before he continued singing he said ''you'll have to forgive me, i'm saving my voice''..It was like he felt disaoopined for the people watching even though they will see it every night..So humble and gracious

9、Dance and Shout (Very short, mostly dancers danced, MJ joined in the last part)..I thought mj was gonna start dancing but no no ..Was nice moment for dancers though..Mj looked happy at the end

10、I Just Can't Stop Loving You (full performance, the last part will blow you away)..singing in spanish..wow...he was teasing..But the connection he had in that performance..I never seen such a emotionall tight performance..He got sexual lol..Maybe he was horny lool...But that was electric...Reminded me of when I saw smokey robinson doing a duet on bbc proms and got up close with the woman too..lol

11、Thriller (full performance/Dome Project) / Threatened (very short)
Loved the new 3d film..New vincet price talking..Agin loved the new ending with music and mj going up abover the stage and dancing, looking down on others...OMG Him coming out of the spider...GREAT IDEA..Loved that...

12、Beat It (full performance)
HAHA mJ BACK ON the cherry picker..When kenny said this is medium height..it can go alot higher and mj was like ''Why would you say that when you know I wana go higher lol''...I loved the ending to when he would 'beat it' throw jacket on floor as if it was on fire..and stamp on it...

13、Black or White (full performance)..Sounded live to me? Very rare in itself..Yup loved his direction for guitarist and when he was like this is your moment..And he sung the high notes for her to hit..Wow

14、Earth Song (Dome Project / full performance)..Beauitful voice overs from mj..Really passionate and emotional this section..He really believed in climate change and the 4 year thing...

15、Billie Jean (full performance)..Annoyed about no hat or moonwalk but LOVED this different take on bj..Nothing was really the same from other mj performances was it?That is why it is so unique..He did some nice movements in that song and he was like god bless you at the end..Dancers and crew were going nuts lol

The talking with whole crew in circle was sad, mj's speech was so nice to everyone but terribly upsetting in hindsight

16、Man in the Mirror (full performance)...Nice ending, and the moment when it paused, arms outstretched, then said michael jackson..Brought it all home.

17、This Is It (with the credit rolling, followed by Heal The World Dome project, very short clip

Love moments where he glasses came off intentioanlly as he was dancing, looked v cool..Loved the air stewardess moment where he mocked the way they signal in the planes..Loved the moment when he was performinng ijcsly and did this shy pose to Judith..Like shucks lol...The reactions from dancers watchign all the time..They were transfixed..Noone took their eyes of mj...He always said god bless you and it's all for love, l.o.v.e..He said at the end why are you making me do this , I need to preserve my voice..And someone said, ''you can do it just this once, you know you want too''..That was a nice moment...

There is so much more, so much that i need to see it again to understand what else was going all..All happened so fast and yet so slow...

Would I be wrong in saying that the quality of Michael's singing and dancing in TII matched that of Dangerous/History? Because for the majority of the movie I was in absolute awe! Jaw dropping awe! Maybe I'm being a bit bias considering I saw it like 20 minutes ago, but seriously. The singing in particular was just breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking. It blew me away and sometimes I had to remind myself that this was Michael 2009, not Michael 1988 or 1991!

Did he doe the moonwalk and more questions. *SPOILERS*

Did he moonwalking in the film? :D

And are we going to see much dancing and backstage talking? :-D
When Michael prank-called Kenny with a british "acent?" (don't know the word, sorry about my bad english), was it funny? :-D

How long is a rehearsing scene? Is it all the song, or is it just 30-50 seconds of the song? :)

One of my favourite bits of the movie.. Would have to be.. I know it was a very very small moment.. many of you may remember it though. When they are joking about the air stewardess thing.. and Michael laughs and says 'No...no no!'. It just... tore my heart in two right there. It was so beautiful. It touched me in an unexplainable way..

Hi all,

The best way 2 describe MJ movie in my words is, technology was lacking 4 so many years compared 2 MJ's talent, it has finally caught up and now makes 4 a un before seen spectacle by any artist period! It simply will blow u away whoever u r. This movie will shows u exactly who MJ really was, if u see this movie it will change your view of him period (if u didn't know already of course).Reviews/ratings will be 10/10, 5 stars whatever they do it will be a perfect score.

This movie made me happier then i been in years :)

Regards,

Romen

Can someone please post which songs were sung live.

Please!

I just came back home after seeing it for the first time and I'm speechless. I'm absolutely speechless. If Michael wasn't giving it his full here than I don't think I could have handled seeing him perform live because the rehearsals were truly spectacular - vocally it was better than Bad Tour. And I mean it (with love).
Watching this movie was extremly hard, this was the first time since Michael's passing that I've seen any footage of him (at least on purpose)
I'm the kind of person that tends to bottle it up yet this time I just couldn't hold back the tears - especially in the beginning. But as I was sitting there, witnessing him make the magic happen I couldn't help but feel happy, it's the kind of happiness that only Michael can give you. Happiness at it's purest form. It was a great reminder of what we have lost forever. It was truly inspiring.

edit. I just have to mention the vocals once again. They were AMAZING.

Last edited:
I just came back home after seeing it for the first time and I'm speechless. I'm absolutely speechless. If Michael wasn't giving it his full here than I don't think I could have handled seeing him perform live because the rehersals were truly spectacular - vocally it was better than Bad Tour. And I mean it (with love).
Watching this movie was extremly hard, this was the first time since Michael's passing that I've seen any footage of him (at least on purpose)
I'm the kind of person that tends to bottle it up yet this time I just couldn't hold back the tears - especially in the beginning. But as I was sitting there, witnessing him make the magic happen I couldn't help but feel happy, it's the kind of happiness that only Michael can give you. Happiness at it's purest form. It was a great reminder of what we have lost forever. It was truly inspiring.
Perfect post.

I felt/feel exactly the same way.

Hi, was some of the footage really out of focus/blured or was it a problem of cinema's screen?

I loved his adlib vocals on 'I just can't stop lovin you', The Smooth criminial black and white film was awsome! The 'Earth Song' sequence was breathtaking, I also loved the siloutte city building thing for 'the way you make me feel', the CG soldier thing for 'They don't really care about us' and the fire sequence...

Basically I loved the whole thing!! It would have been a groundbreaking concert tour had it gone through...we have truly lost a genius :(

Re: My This Is It Review - Contains slight spoilers

For the fans that have said that they'd love to see more live vocals instead of all the dancing, this is the closest you'll get to that, this is what you've been asking for.

YES, you're so right. I had just posted this fervent fantasy a few days ago... and I swear to God it came true. The feel much of the time was "Michael, Unplugged."

Yet I ALSO got the dancing, groovy, slinky, funky, sexy, jazzier in flavor than I've seen before, with a few flamboyant Fosse moves thrown in. AND a brilliant band and astounding audio quality -- the guitar duet was thrilling. AND stagecraft that transcends...

I friggin' got it ALL. (For a little while, as Travis promised...) How is that even possible in a two-hour movie? Must be magic.

I am SO late for work, I can't get this out of my head! I'm happy I found this forum to share my feelings about these weeks of epic events, culminating with last night.

I just came back home after seeing it for the first time and I'm speechless. I'm absolutely speechless. If Michael wasn't giving it his full here than I don't think I could have handled seeing him perform live because the rehersals were truly spectacular - vocally it was better than Bad Tour. And I mean it (with love).

edit. I just have to mention the vocals once again. They were AMAZING.

I agree with the bolded parts completley!:yes:

when he was on the crane and he went wwweeeeeee made me laugh lol

I could have cried when the earth song came on, it was so touching, especially with that little girl and all those butterflies. Smooth Criminal was brilliant, I like the fact it took you back into a 1930's movie and Michael was actally in the audiance. Thriller was amazing, especially the spider that came out, never seen anything like it!

omg :cry: I'm overwhelmed
Michael was absolutely incredible. He looked beautiful. He was on top! amazing.
I wasn't happy with Billie Jean though:
no hat, no glove, no moon walk and no sparkley jacket, what was going on :S?

omg :cry: I'm overwhelmed
Michael was absolutely incredible. He looked beautiful. He was on top! amazing.
I wasn't happy with Billie Jean though:
no hat, no glove, no moon walk and no sparkley jacket, what was going on :S?

What about the vocals??

it took me a while to remember he was gone. when he started dancing in a different way. human nature the end...or not moonwalking for bj. then stopping and complaining about the ear peice...just didn't remind me of mike

then i realized and remembered he passed away. i saw the shirt my friend gave him. made me teary. but i didn't start crying until this monring. it finally kicked in. this is the last new thing we'll see form him. and im so sad and devastated right now.

Back