LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Michael was human and yes a lot of people forget that. I by no means have any illusions that it would have been all roses and sunshine to live with him, it really wouldn't have whatsoever. But he deserved better than what he got in life. He was such a wonderful caring soul and people took advantage of him and used him for their own self gain. He deserved more.

I agree. Michael was human and yes a lot of people forget that. I by no means have any illusions that it would have been all roses and sunshine to live with him, it really wouldn't have whatsoever. But he deserved better than what he got in life. He was such a wonderful caring soul and people took advantage of him and used him for their own self gain. He deserved more.

Thats also very true. Great to read some sensible posts that see both sides or to put it another way, things aren't always 'black or white'.

"deserves more" is putting lightly. MJ gave so much yet received so little. This post I think all fans would agree on.

Toward the end of marriage, when they use to fight like crazy. The marriage was a wreck anyway, and she was the one that push it harder into the cliffs.........

I admit Mike was not cavalier saying those, but do we know in what context? She is telling us only bits, the ones that she chooses to. What if was big, big fight and them yelling to each other insults, and then in middle of that Mike throw the menace that he would go to Debbie to ask her to carry child?

And what response Lisa gave? 'Go and do it!' Actually, in Taraborelli book that fight is accounted, Lisa dared him to do it, but instead thinking nah, he wont do it...

The point is that statement alone would wreck any marriage. Lisa also said she was "stubborn" so she blocked him as much as he blocked her.

It's not really a question of who's right or wrong. Because we all know there were mistakes on both sides. The question is "can you understand her actions"? Personally I most certainly can.

Re: LMP Back on Oprah This Thursday

It's a common knowledge he cheated /was with Lisa when he was married to Debbie.I am sorry to say this but I never saw mj's marriage to debbie as a conjugal/romantic one.It was more like a contract, Having said that I would always be grateful to Debbie for giving michael prince and paris.

Is it cheating if Debbie knew? Because at least to some extent she was aware that he was still seeing Lisa.

I thought the interview went ok. It didn't change my opinion of LMP, just confirmed what I already thought of her. I didn't have anything against her before and I still don't now. I thought she was very honest about her perceptions of Michael and their relationship. I still really can't stand Oprah. She kept pushing the drug addiction thing. I understand Michael had problems with it in the past and went to rehab for it. But that is not the reason he died. Fans know that, but the problem is the general public doesn't know that. So it really doesn't help that the idea he was addicted to drugs continues to be perpetuated in the media. It only helps Murray's defense.

I also hate that she just couldn't help but bring up child molestation again. I swear Oprah is so obsessed with that. :no: I wasn't too happy about LMP's answer to that. She could of said the fact that he was found not guilty should have been enough. But well, what can you do? :sigh:

I just hope that Katherine can set Oprah straight. If she can't, then no one ever will. I also hope to god she doesn't air the interview with the kids. That would be the ultimate disrespect to Michael's wishes.

All I've got to say is this. If I had such guilt in my heart due to how I treated an ex spouse that later died due to a broken heart, and realized I had fucked up like she admits... You can DAMN WELL BET that I would stick up for my love TOOTH AND NAIL. But that's just the type of person, I am. I am EXTREMELY loyal to my friends and family. LMP was a complete CHICKENSHIT in this interview. She's completely useless, and she needs to pull her head out of her spoiled ass. That is all.

Well, as I said before.
With the help of Oprah Winfrey, I think it is "Mission Accomplished" for Lisa Marie.
She is now and forever "The Widow Jackson". :cheeky:

Last edited:
I think this interview may change the general public's opinion/idea about Michael's love life. For the first time it was made really clear he had a serious love life, a really intense one at that. I think it will change some opinions, some people tend to think he was some overgrown child without any normal grown-up needs and desires, or they may think worse. This interview will definely change views on MJ for the positive.

I dont think so.Goggle michael jackson and read comments people are leaving in sites such as people.com,huffington post,us mag ,popeater and other sites,Most of the haters and a good number of the on fence sitters dont believe her,most are saying the marriage was fake and she doesnt know what ''normal'' marriage is because she never experienced one because of who she is.

Initially I was hoping the interview would change a lot of opinions but I guess it's only the fans that are embracing it .aLSO Oprah's focus on drug addiction and Lisa's incoherent answers and comparisons to Elvis didnt help matters.He is now a confirmed long time addict who couldnt be helped.It just breaks my heart that his longtime insomnia was just glossed over and not explored and his reason for taking the sleeping medications was not addressed.They are just treating him as if he was taking narcotics or hard drugs to get high.The poor guy just wanted to sleep.

I have always felt I am a good judge of character without truly even knowing someone, which is why I have always defended Michael. That and the fact that I am a huge fan. One thing that has helped me in my opinion of Michael, is those that were really close to him and knew him on a personal level. I never heard negative things said about the true character of Michael Jackson.

My favorite part of this interview is when she talked about the times when he was himself, she loved him so much when it was just them and the world and hollywood lifestyle was put off. I can imagine just a good time relaxing, laughing and enjoying a movie or going clubbing with him and picking up chicks, as another member posted.

Oprah totally didn't understand what she meant, but during that part I really felt her love for him…

i agree. Michael had his faults. But you can still tell that alot of people did him really dirty and then got away with it by mopping the floor with him in the media. He did deserve better than he got.

I watched this interview and i really find that she's been very honest, she changed. It was like she always had a something rough and defensive about her but in this interview i feel she really opened up about everything. And I can understand the things she said, I absolutely gained respect for her!
I'm not saying I forgot about the ugly things she has said about him in the past but i just..idk i think she looked at herself and changed.

I really think this was one of the most tragic love stories, ever.
So many regrets and tragic memories. I honestly think if Lisa & him were still a couple or maybe even friends, he would have been here with us today. She would have recognized those leeches & vampires and warded them off.

Like she said, she loved being his caretaker, his nurturer, his love, his wife, and if someone was after her husband, she would come a lioness. And she sure as hell wouldn't let Conrad Murray anywhere near their bedroom!

I'm glad Michael at least got to experience a love like this...:better:
Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all..

I'm still disappointed with Oprah though - she had a great opportunity to ask Lisa ANY question she wanted, she seemed so open to answering about anything. But Oprah, well Miss Oprah just couldn't stop dwelling on the drug questions. Like someone else said, I loved this comment so much, I felt like I had to share it because it's exactly what I thought while watching. Props go to whoever wrote this -

Lisa: Yeah, okay, so let me tell you about the four years of wild sex we had all over the world...

Oprah: So, during your MARRIAGE...did you see him taking any drugs...let's keep talking about that.

Really Oprah? What's up with you?? Lisa was SOOO ready to share anything, and you were just sitting there wasting your time with all these crappy questions! This was a wonderful opportunity to get so many questions answered, like those light, loving, cheery moments in their marriage, BUT nooooooo everything dark just seemed so much more important, didn't it? And to think, this'll be the last time Lisa will ever talk about Michael :(.

I am glad the interview is over with. I hope Lisa means it when she says she won't talk about Michael anymore. It's time to put it to rest. I hope Katherine will set Oprah straight once in for all.

I am pressed to think all these people (I won't say MJ fans anymore, not sure) justifying LMP's comments are the type that defended Judas after he sold out Christ.

I hope they all use their piece of silver............wisely.

totally agree. Some people are playing right into Murray's hands. This is a Michael Jackson board. I'm gonna stay loyal to Mike and hid legacy and not be manipulated by a bitter self-serving ex-wife.

He didn't need a nurse, or caretaker, to save him or rescue him. He needed someone to love him for his own true Self, that included the intoxicating stuff, the occasional skeleton In The Closet. An equal.

Entering into any kind of marriage with the idea of saving someone, changing them, etc- is bound to be doomed from the very first second.

I'm kinda neutral on any of that because the public personas of either one don't allow conclusions.

Now, having said that- if you felt that strongly about a man- would it freakin' hurt you to stand up and say that there is NO EFFIN' WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH that this man would ever do this to ANY child?? Please. Please.

That stuff must have killed him alive. So PLEASE, if the people who profess to love him in this way and who say that they actually GOT him in who he truly was- you oughta stand up like a crazy lioness speaking up that fuckin' hell would freeze over before Michael Jackson would abuse a child. It's that simple.

The rest is he said/she said in the book of divorce court where many people find themselves.

That's enough guys. We won't allow any insinuation that Michael was a drug addict. Yes he had an admitted problem in the early 90s but any talk about it and recent claims is not proven and goes against the autopsy report. Treat each other with respect please. No one shall have to defend Michael on this forum. This is a forum for Michael and we not allow people to be in the position where they have to defend him on here.

As I said before, was Michael an angel, no of course not, and I love him to death. He didn't deserve all the crap he got in life. He was a human being. But no one will have to feel they must defend him on here and shall not be put in that position from other fans. This is a Michael Jackson community. Its Michael we are here to uphold, not throw stones at.

Last edited:
STOP IT RIGHT NOW! What is the matter with some of you? Even with undeniable proof about what was in MJ's system at the time of his death, all it takes is 45 minutes of Lisa talking and suddenly you beileve he was an addict who was going to die no matter what??? Not on this board is anyone going to come in here with that garbage. Take it to another board where they don't care about what the evidence really says. Take it someplace where that will fly, because it won't fly here.

I warned you guys about that kind of talk. I even PMed some of you personally and asked you to stop it. I will hand out infractions for any who go against this. It is unbelievable that we have to defend MJ against this stupidity on his own board. I asked several times, Stacey came in here and warned you guys. But to no avail. We are continually being ignored.

It is getting nasty in here. This thread needs a break. It is closed for cleaning.

Edit: I am going to reopen this thread. I will gather my thoughts and make a big long post I hope all of you read. Any breaking the rules will receive infractions. It is the only way to keep things in order. I will be back to post my thoughts. Thank you!

Last edited:
Now, having said that- if you felt that strongly about a man- would it freakin' hurt you to stand up and say that there is NO EFFIN' WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH that this man would ever do this to ANY child?? Please. Please.

That stuff must have killed him alive. So PLEASE, if the people who profess to love him in this way and who say that they actually GOT him in who he truly was- you oughta stand up like a crazy lioness speaking up that fuckin' hell would freeze over before Michael Jackson would abuse a child. It's that simple.

Right. I believe I pointed this all out in my last post. Just a shorter NO BS Version-- as usual, lol. :cheeky:

Actually, she should have NEVER said 'I wasn't there...bla bla bla' ...she at first said she saw nothing inapropriate between him and children. Oprah keeps on asking.....and then Lisa should have said, i truly don't believe he did do anything wrong. Like i said before, SHE says they talked alot, she really knew him. Then she also knows damn well about his dream,and that is to heal children, not damage them. WHY was it so hard to simply say 'Michael could never do such a thing? '. And for god's sake, Michael was 100% vindicated, not a shred of evidence and only a real shady and weird lying ass family as accusers. So again.....why say all that unnessecary stuff about not being in the room, jeez. The media will run with this and the drugs story, you can count on it.

EXACTLY!
Why was it so hard to say what T-Mez said? "Michael could never harm a child. He felt a moral obligation to save the world, specially the children."

She was the one person who could've put to rest ANY lingering doubts that some people have but she chose to be ambiguous. " I don't know. I wasn't in the room with them" WTF is that?
Doesn't she know that it was Michael's life mission from God.
Even his mom said since Michael was a child, when he'd see the poor children of Africa on TV, he'd always say "Mother, one day I'm gonna do something about this." He knew that was his mission from early on and he never gave up.

I don't know about you people but last night I cried myself to sleep. All the pain resurfaced like it was yesterday. :cry:

Lisa is selfish, insentive and self-centered. She hurt a lot of fans AGAIN!

She also hurt DR and embarrassed her on worldwide TV. The world did NOT need to know that Michael and her were seeing each other while Debbie was making his babies.

And no matter how understanding her husband is, that interview surely hurt him pretty deep.

Nice going LMP. Next time you want therapy for yourself, do it privately.

There really was no need to close the thread, it was good honest discussion about LMP and the interview she gave.

Nobody attacked Michael at all, some just chose to defend LMP (myself included) because they felt that some posters here were being irrational and overly critical. We're all MJ fans, so please don't treat those of us who took a neutral standpoint or can see a good side in LMP as trouble makers.

Edit: I am going to reopen this thread. I will gather my thoughts and make a big long post I hope all of you read. Any breaking the rules will receive infractions. It is the only way to keep things in order. I will be back to post my thoughts. Thank you!

Thanks for that!!!! Waiting.... :timer:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

There really was no need to close the thread, it was good honest discussion about LMP and the interview she gave.

Nobody attacked Michael at all, some just chose to defend LMP (myself included) because they felt that some posters here were being irrational and overly critical. We're all MJ fans, so please don't treat those of us who took a neutral standpoint or can see a good side in LMP as trouble makers.

EXACTLY! sometimes I feel that there is some form of censorship going on....

Why going to Oprah?
Why not clearing MJ's name once and for all?
Why lamenting herself on tv?

i don't have any emotion toward her highly PAID interview...
I don't buy her crap.

Don't tell me what there was a need to do. I saw major disrespecting of MJ and reacted. Did I call you out for something? If anything I said pricked your conscience, then that's on you. I didn't name any names. You deal with it. Not my problem. I am here to make sure that both sides of the issue can speak how they feel. If I wanted to close the thread because of what Lisa supporters said alone, the thread would have been closed a long time ago. I stated why the thread was closed, and it had nothing to do with supporting Lisa. Go back an reread what I posted. Reading is fundamental. I was very clear. Any more problems, you can PM me.

Now I will go back to writing my long post. I have to write it on Notepad first and then paste it here. :)

Don't tell me what there was a need to do. I saw major disrespecting of MJ and reacted. Did I call you out for something? If anything I said pricked your conscience, then that's on you. I didn't name any names. You deal with it. Not my problem. I am here to make sure that both sides of the issue can speak how they feel. If I wanted to close the thread because of what Lisa supporters said alone, the thread would have been closed a long time ago. I stated why the thread was closed, and it had nothing to do with supporting Lisa. Go back an reread what I posted. Reading is fundamental. I was very clear. Any more problems, you can PM me.

Now I will go back to writing my long post. I have to write it on Notepad first and then paste it here. :)

Thats comforting, and all I really needed to hear.

Thank you.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) people were repeatedly reminded to refrain from slapping the "A" label on him and from engaging in the drug talk in this thread.

I know I said that expensive Las Vegas urns would fly, if he had told me person B would carry his baby, I don't recall being censored.

MJ is no infallible angel, oh no, neither is LMP, nobody is. Plenty of people have expressed that sentiment as well.

It's very well possible to take a stand of neutral here, people were just asked to not engage in libel and defamation by following the trend of labeling him the druggie who had it comin' sooner or later.

Last edited:
Yeah thats understandable, I just felt those old feelings return of years gone by when threads would close at the first sign of a disagreement (on MJNO admittedly). If the warnings were issued based on the "addict" tag being thrown around then thats fair enough, and I agree with that decision.

Anyway, have a good day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back