"Lovin' you" - what do you think?

The demo reminds me a lot of The Girl is Mine demo. I don't like how it's been pitched down about a quarter of a semitone. It makes the song sound flat (they did the same thing with TGIM demo when it was released officially). It actually starts in Bflat Major and transitions to B major in the bridge, but it's not very obvious. Timbo's mix stays in Bflat major throughout, transitioning back at the end of the bridge bridge. He also changed the first buildup to the chorus to the same as the one after the bridge - he pitched it down and copypasted. "and I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head" (original) vs "'cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head" (remix) and "I'll stay home instead" (original version) vs "I'll stay home in bed" (remix)

So Pentum was right there is a LOT of vocal processing in Timbaland's remix.

There is an interesting "snort" or something after MJ sings "I can really feel it when you're near".

So it wasn't just me who thought it sounded out of tune in places? Why did they change the key?

Does it mean in the CD sound out of tune? NOOOO, whoever mix it it ruined the vocals! :eek: Timbaland at least improved them, vocal proceedings or not. I thought it sounded badly because I downloaded the CD.

The demo reminds me a lot of The Girl is Mine demo. I don't like how it's been pitched down about a quarter of a semitone. It makes the song sound flat (they did the same thing with TGIM demo when it was released officially). It actually starts in Bflat Major and transitions to B major in the bridge, but it's not very obvious. Timbo's mix stays in Bflat major throughout, transitioning back at the end of the bridge bridge. He also changed the first buildup to the chorus to the same as the one after the bridge - he pitched it down and copypasted. "and I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head" (original) vs "'cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head" (remix) and "I'll stay home instead" (original version) vs "I'll stay home in bed" (remix)

So Pentum was right there is a LOT of vocal processing in Timbaland's remix.

There is an interesting "snort" or something after MJ sings "I can really feel it when you're near".

I noticed that too. First time ever hearing him doing that :)

Now this is a great song. Much better than the previous song released (love has never been so good). Much better production. Michael's voice can be heard clearly. It's a song that could have been included in his previous albums that were released when he was alive.

I was underwhelmed on first listen but now I cannot stop listening to it! I am addicted to both versions! I love the 2014 production because it sounds modern, but I also love the original because it reminds me of Bad. :)

Yes, there do seem to be some pitch issues on the demo. Absolutely love it though. It gave me that great magical feeling that hearing a brand new MJ track for the first time does. The transition into the chorus is just great.

The demo of loving you is exquisite, it's far better than the new mix by timbaland! some people have different preferences but Michael's raw creations are sincere/timeless.

The only time I hear pitch issues are right at the beginning, before Michael starts singing. Besides that, I actually think it's fine. Cute song, sounds dated though. Timbaland did a great job getting rid of that dated sound. But thumbs up for both versions :yes:

I think Loving You is my favorite song on the album !!!!

I can't say anything negative about it really!!

I can't unhear that now that I've recognised it. It makes me really uncomfortable. :ph34r:

haha i think it's cute :p made me laugh when i first heard it, but it's just another aspect of the song that i adore. Loving you is sublime, the end. :)

Love this song in both versions, but the original versions intro music sounds like an 80's sitcoms' theme music.

haha i think it's cute :p made me laugh when i first heard it, but it's just another aspect of the song that i adore. Loving you is sublime, the end. :)

Ok, I've grown to quite like it now. :p

By the way, I made a video for the song if anyone is interested! Here it is:

Enjoy. :)

Loving you is great, I love both versions of the song and think his vocals are perfect! I love the Bad era vocals.

My mother doesn't believe, that the vocals on the song are from Michael..... -_-

I like the song though, it is really catchy.

Surprise of the album for me. Thought I'd hate it.

But I'm loving it. Both versions.

I think the re-work of the song is top notch...It's perfect...Love the original version too, but I was quite impressed with what they did with it...one of my faves on the album :D

Might be the best remix on the album in my opinion - minus the processed vocals

Skywatcher i love the video you just made my day got to go and listen. Oh by the way that is my favor too both version.

You can really feel MJ's personality and fun spirit through this song. His voice sounds so effortless and happy in it. Easily my favorite vocal on Xcape.

Might be the best remix on the album in my opinion - minus the processed vocals

I agree that it's probably the best modern version on the album. I don't know why they process his voice so much; it happened on Michael too. It's much worse in songs like Slave To The Rhythm, though.

Surprise of the album for me. Thought I'd hate it.

But I'm loving it. Both versions.

Almost the same for me, except I didn't think I'd hate it, I just thought I would find it "OK" and nothing more. But you're right, it is a surprise how much it grows! :D

My favorite og the album!!
Perfect song. Like the New version the most!

I love the original. It sounds like it could have fit in really well on Bad.

The finished version is good, too, but I just love the whole 80's sound.

Skywatcher i love the video you just made my day got to go and listen. Oh by the way that is my favor too both version.

Thank you! And I love how Loving You is getting some more love since I resurrected this thread. Nice one, August moons! :D

Back