Mel Gibson’s Racist Rant (again)

Although it's wrong, some black people call themselves niggers so why cant he ?
mexicans dont call themselves wetbacks why does he? Jews dont hate themselves why is ignorant grown ass Mel not in the position of stop judging ppl on their ethnicity. racist old gibson wouldn't want ppl to call his ass out due to his race.

Although it's wrong, some black people call themselves niggers so why cant he ?

Black people, who call themselves nigg*rs, are retarted and uneducated assholes. They are disgrace to their own race. Nobody on the whole world should call anyone n****.

For the same reason, you can say something about your mother, your father, significant other, etc. and if someone else says it, you have a problem with it.

When you belong to the same family, ethnic group, religious denomination, etc. words resonate differently in their meaniing.

Please don't ask me to explain why. But that's basically it.

ETA: I wish that word among others would disappear as if never having existed. I find them objectionable no matter who says them.

I totally agree with your, especially with the last sentance.

It's not even a matter of forgiving him for me. It's a matter of me paying to see one of his movies and that is NEVER EVER going to happen again. And that's me being human.

That's pointless. I will watch his movies, because he is a good actor. The Pianist is my favorite movie and it was directed by Polanski, who is paedophile. I respect him as a director, but not as a human.

you wouldn't want ppl to call your a degrading name based on ur race would you? Of course as a white european u know very little to nothing

Do not dare to point out race. It's called racism.

Hang on, firstly im not an idiot what im saying is NO black person has the right to moan or be offended if someone calles them a nigger IIFFFFFFF they call other black people nigger. Im not justifying what Mel said at all but when people are angry they say things they regret my dad said laods of racist things when he was angry, i know for sure he didn't mean it.

Btw tinklee are you being serious or is that a test of some sort

Hang on, firstly im not an idiot what im saying is NO black person has the right to moan or be offended if someone calles them a nigger IIFFFFFFF they call other black people nigger. Im not justifying what Mel said at all but when people are angry they say things they regret my dad said laods of racist things when he was angry, i know for sure he didn't mean it.

Btw tinklee are you being serious or is that a test of some sort

Not every black person uses the n word, you know that?
Black people, who use that word, are ussualy very badly educated. Those black people are in minority. Most of them do not use it.
It's obvious why they are offened. It is a litlle hypocritical, but as someone said already, there is a huge difference if a white person calls black person n*** or if the black person calls black person n***.

I kinda understand the blue part. I don't support that, just to be clear, but if you just had a negative expirience with someone who belongs to minority, you might say some things you will regret later. This does, however, not justify it. I would never judge Gibson if this would be an "isolated" example of his rant, but we all know that Gibson said simillar things in the past.

Not every black person uses the n word, you know that?
Black people, who use that word, are ussualy very badly educated. Those black people are in minority. Most of them do not use it.
It's obvious why they are offened. It is a litlle hypocritical, but as someone said already, there is a huge difference if a white person calls black person n*** or if the black person calls black person n***.

I kinda understand the blue part. I don't support that, just to be clear, but if you just had a negative expirience with someone who belongs to minority, you might say some things you will regret later. This does, however, not justify it. I would never judge Gibson if this would be an "isolated" example of his rant, but we all know that Gibson said simillar things in the past.

I know very few black people do but the ones that do cant be offended

I think this just goes back to my personal belief that most people are racist given the right set of circumstances. Nirvana's father is racist, so is Mel, so are about 95% of us here if we were given the right set of circumstances. When we become enraged (I don't mean slightly angry, but enraged) with a particular person, we often generalize their actions by an attack on everyone we think they represent. We are then speaking from our subconscious, irrational, unfiltered, and real points of view.

It's how we really feel when our opinions are unchecked and flow freely. I would guarantee that most of us here have made an ignorant generalization about some group of people out of the heat of passion. I know I have. And as a black female I know I have some generalizations against some people that I work hard constantly to fight against.

A constant struggle between experience and reason is a trait of humanity that we all have. To bypass what we feel for what is logical, especially as we become educated and start to experience things differently. So had this been a regular person with limited experience in the world, I would be quicker to overlook.

However, Mel has been exposed to so much. He has had so much opportunity to develop further. Yet, he still continues on a repeated course of very vocal and public denunciations of those who are different. These repeated outbursts lead me to believe that he is not a subconscious racist but one on a very conscious level. But hey, what do I know. I am judging the man's whole life based on a few repeated incidents. We may find, if we were able to study his life, that he is no more racist than the average person walking the earth. And in that case, only those who have not spoken against another race, creed, gender, color, religion, body size, body type, economic group, hair color, etc, would be able to throw the first stone.

I think this just goes back to my personal belief that most people are racist given the right set of circumstances. Nirvana's father is racist, so is Mel, so are about 95% of us here if we were given the right set of circumstances. When we become enraged (I don't mean slightly angry, but enraged) with a particular person, we often generalize their actions by an attack on everyone we think they represent. We are then speaking from our subconscious, irrational, unfiltered, and real points of view.

It's how we really feel when our opinions are unchecked and flow freely. I would guarantee that most of us here have made an ignorant generalization about some group of people out of the heat of passion. I know I have. And as a black female I know I have some generalizations against some people that I work hard constantly to fight against.

A constant struggle between experience and reason is a trait of humanity that we all have. To bypass what we feel for what is logical, especially as we become educated and start to experience things differently. So had this been a regular person with limited experience in the world, I would be quicker to overlook.

However, Mel has been exposed to so much. He has had so much opportunity to develop further. Yet, he still continues on a repeated course of very vocal and public denunciations of those who are different. These repeated outbursts lead me to believe that he is not a subconscious racist but one on a very conscious level. But hey, what do I know. I am judging the man's whole life based on a few repeated incidents. We may find, if we were able to study his life, that he is no more racist than the average person walking the earth. And in that case, only those who have not spoken against another race, creed, gender, color, religion, body size, body type, economic group, hair color, etc, would be able to throw the first stone.

I kinda agree with you but i think when we're "enraged" we just say whatever will offend someone no matter what we personally believe

hey guys forget the racist talk BS who cares, HE BEAT HER while she was holding their child and about the tapes being released unethically: if a star did that to me you can bet your ass I'd want the whole damn world to know what a asshole he is. I'd release them too!

That's pointless. I will watch his movies, because he is a good actor. The Pianist is my favorite movie and it was directed by Polanski, who is paedophile. I respect him as a director, but not as a human.

I don't think it's pointless at all. Actions (and words) do affect overall opinion and some actions reflect and reveal a person's true identity to the extent you don't give a hoot about them period, including their work.

Martin Bashir is reputedly a good interviewer and journalist. He got this big network job because of his so called "talents". But his hatchett job on Michael revealed him to be unethical and pure scum to me. I have no respect for the man and therefore have no interest in his work, no matter how good others say it might be.

That's how it is with Mel for me. I have no interest in him and no interest in his work.

After listening to/reading more of those transcripts, call Mel Gibson whatever you want but I simply call him a despicable excuse for a man (and I am being nice here)! How can such hateful, vile, vicious words come out of one person's mouth to anyone, but especially to a woman, his own wife? Not to mention the threats and beating her. This man is sick. I don't want to here excuses for him.

MEL left his wife of 27 yrs for this woman. MEL is a mean drunk. When he drinks what is buried deep inside him comes tumbling out. He is beyond tormented. It's very sad.

I used to like him, but now he just seems to do all the wrong things...

I remember, in 1993 he had a movie 'The Man Without a Face' about a reclusive man who became friends with a boy, and later was accussed of molesting this boy and was forced to leave town. I remember I watched that film and the allegations against Michael broke out soon after. How I wished everyone would watch that film and I really loved Mel Gibson for that movie.

This was a great movie, and indeed reminded me ALOT of what happened to Michael. I DO believe that when people are so angry,frustrated, sad,you name it...can say things they normally wouldn't say. When my relationship was about to end with my girlfriend....or when it was going downhill, there was a moment where she was being a real bitch to me. Saying all the wrong things about anything, i got very frustrated and started calling her names as well. No racist stuff or whatsoever, but we are all different.

So therefore i'm not gonna call him racist and what not, i don't know him. But there's another audio of this...and near the end she talks about him hitting her while she was holding a baby...and at that point i was like WTF!
Then again..that's HER saying it, maybe its not true. I'm just not gonna judge anyone.

[youtube]xml3AruC-GA[/youtube]

Also.........what kind of person tapes their phonecalls? That's a real bitch move altogether.

But he shouldn't have talked about his gf like that and said the n word. I feel sorry for the guy that his dirty laundry is in the public eye. I will buy some Mel Gibson Dvds to support him. My thoughts and prayers are with Mel and his kids at this difficult time.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, this is out of context. We're just hearing Gibson at his worst, at the height of his anger and we've all said things while angry we didnt mean.

My question is why is this on tape and how did his Ms know when he was going to go off and get ready to tape this? To me she is the instigator and riled him up on purpose and she is also the cause of the leak of these tapes. She has an agenda and its always $$$$$

But he shouldn't have talked about his gf like that and said the n word. I feel sorry for the guy that his dirty laundry is in the public eye. I will buy some Mel Gibson Dvds to support him. My thoughts and prayers are with Mel and his kids at this difficult time.

No one held a gun to MEL'S head. This stuff is coming directly from MEL. It is your right to feel sorry for MEL, but more than unfair to blame jewish folks for MEL'S deeply troubled soul.

I don't care.

At all.

If he was involved in a movie I wanted to see in the future I would still go watch it without a second thought.

And, wowzers, he used the N word in the middle of an angry rant. This is shocking and unusual.

If only some of you guys knew what every day ordinary people who you consider good people say behind closed doors. Apparently it would blow your minds.

Now I don't know if Gibson only says shit like this when he's drunk/enraged, if he simply has a sharp tongue packed with some prejudice, or if he is in fact a seriously hard racist, but I refer to the first sentence of this post on that matter, simply because he's an actor/director and not my buddy.

I also think it's more fucked up that someone would leak such a personal moment, though admittedly I don't really know everything that led to his wife fucking him over like this. That's why it sucks when people's personal relationships become public dirty laundry.

LOL @ vncwilliam saying breach of privacy is moot. I would LOVE to see if he still thinks that if someone took snippets of stupid shit he has said in private and millions of people flamed him for it. Or (perhaps even more seriously for him) if it happened to Michael. Which it did (not that MJ said anything really bad in his leaked calls).

First of all, this is out of context. We're just hearing Gibson at his worst, at the height of his anger and we've all said things while angry we didnt mean.

My question is why is this on tape and how did his Ms know when he was going to go off and get ready to tape this? To me she is the instigator and riled him up on purpose and she is also the cause of the leak of these tapes. She has an agenda and its always $$$$$

He didn't merely call his wife a few names. He gave death threats. Death threats are inexcusable, particularly towards a spouse. Wife beating...inexcusable. No woman deserves to be hit for any reason (unless maybe the man is defending himself but that is rare).

I'm glad she had the wits to record him. Maybe she purposely recorded it so that she has the evidence she needs against him - because some people always lean towards not believing or blaming or the woman.

If only some of you guys knew what every day ordinary people who you consider good people say behind closed doors. Apparently it would blow your minds.

Now I don't know if Gibson only says shit like this when he's drunk/enraged, if he simply has a sharp tongue packed with some prejudice, or if he is in fact a seriously hard racist, but I refer to the first sentence of this post on that matter, simply because he's an actor/director and not my buddy.

I also think it's more fucked up that someone would leak such a personal moment, though admittedly I don't really know everything that led to his wife fucking him over like this. That's why it sucks when people's personal relationships become public dirty laundry.

LOL @ vncwilliam saying breach of privacy is moot. I would LOVE to see if he still thinks that if someone took snippets of stupid shit he has said in private and millions of people flamed him for it. Or (perhaps even more seriously for him) if it happened to Michael. Which it did (not that MJ said anything really bad in his leaked calls).

This was not a normal conversation. This was not Mel reading his wife a love poem. I don't know why people are taking this so lightly. If this man is this sick and violent then he should be exposed.

I don't care.

At all.

If he was involved in a movie I wanted to see in the future I would still go watch it without a second thought.

And, wowzers, he used the N word in the middle of an angry rant. This is shocking and unusual.

get out of your rock, dude. did you see kobe bryant? did you see how he was caught being recorded on a phone? people get recorded every day. that's what happened to tiger woods. it happens. for someone like you with no filter, you should give your brain a chance to listen to the age we're in. and study something before responding to it, to make sure you know what is being said. the fact is, it's a good idea, because otherwise who knows what Gibson could get away with. and you, for that matter. how 'wonderful' that it got out that you are such a supporter of this guy.

Agent M, you are not better than him. Mel is clearly an anti Semite and a racist and he’s not EVEN hiding it. maybe he was forced to donate to show that he’s not a ‘racist’ and to fix his bad reputation but it doesn’t change his views as everyone can see.
It doesn't surprise me that you defend him since you hold the same views..you think the Jews control everything. maybe you also think that the Jews are responsible to every war in world?.
He donated generously, more than just token donations, so "maybe" he wasn't "forced to" at all but did it of his own volition?

Where on earth do you get the idea that I "hold the same views" as Mel Gibson? Mel's views are largely informed by his Traditionalist Catholic upbringing. Although I believe in a higher power and spirituality, I don't subscribe to any organized religion, including Judaism, whose foundations are laid down in the often vitriolic and hateful writings of the Talmud.

I certainly don't believe "the Jews control everything." I only believe they control what they say they control in Jewish authored publications written for Jewish audiences.

I certainly don't believe "Jews are responsible [for] every war in [the] world." For instance, I am fairly certain they weren't responsible for the Taiping Rebellion of 1850-1864.

I don't have a very high opinion of you, LoveMJackson. You can't or won't debate the points in my post so you resort to straw man and ad hominem attacks against me in a dishonorable attempt to delegitimize my dissenting views.

You are right about one thing though. I am "not better" than Mel Gibson. He's a far more important person than me.:D

You are another sick person. but again, that doesn't surprise me.. same people post the same crap everywhere. shameful. so you hate gays, you hate Jews..who else? I don't want to know.

Have you seen this movie?

[youtube]8ae_Kskfw6c[/youtube]

He donated generously, more than just token donations, so "maybe" he wasn't "forced to" at all but did it of his own volition?

Where on earth do you get the idea that I "hold the same views" as Mel Gibson? Mel's views are largely informed by his Traditionalist Catholic upbringing. Although I believe in a higher power and spirituality, I don't subscribe to any organized religion, including Judaism, whose foundations are laid down in the often vitriolic and hateful writings of the Talmud.

I certainly don't believe "the Jews control everything." I only believe they control what they say they control in Jewish authored publications written for Jewish audiences.

I certainly don't believe "Jews are responsible [for] every war in [the] world." For instance, I am fairly certain they weren't responsible for the Taiping Rebellion of 1850-1864.

I don't have a very high opinion of you, LoveMJackson. You can't or won't debate the points in my post so you resort to straw man and ad hominem attacks against me in a dishonorable attempt to delegitimize my dissenting views.

Like I care what you think about me. I have seen your posts, not just here but in other threads so my answer is based on that. You can say whatever you want, I heard the same shit over and over again, you want to defend Mel then defend him, it certainly reveals something about you as well . I would say more I don’t want to get into an argument here.
And yeah only the Talmud is ‘hateful’ (I bet you didn’t even read all of it and take quotes out of context).

get out of your rock, dude. did you see kobe bryant? did you see how he was caught being recorded on a phone? people get recorded every day. that's what happened to tiger woods. it happens. for someone like you with no filter, you should give your brain a chance to listen to the age we're in. and study something before responding to it, to make sure you know what is being said. the fact is, it's a good idea, because otherwise who knows what Gibson could get away with. and you, for that matter. how 'wonderful' that it got out that you are such a supporter of this guy.

I don't see how something happening frequently makes it all right, which is what your entire (non)argument here consists of. And yes, I know I said I don't care about this and then said ordinary people make racial slurs all the time, but that's not the reason I don't care. The main reason is because too many people care too much about what celebrities are like as people and I try to steer away from that direction as much as possible. Especially since you will never, ever, get the whole story on who an individual is.

And LOL, yeah, Mel Gibson and I are one in the same. You know this. Classic vncwilliam tactic.

Last edited:
I will buy some Mel Gibson Dvds to support him. My thoughts and prayers are with Mel and his kids at this difficult time.

LMFAAAAAAAAOOOOOOO are you saying this on purpose to piss people off or was that for real? Either way the most epic thing I've read all day. Reputation points.

I don't see how something happening frequently makes it all right, which is what your entire (non)argument here consists of. And yes, I know I said I don't care about this and then said ordinary people make racial slurs all the time, but that's not the reason I don't care. The main reason is because too many people care too much about what celebrities are like as people and I try to steer away from that direction as much as possible. Especially since you will never, ever, get the whole story on who an individual is.

And LOL, yeah, Mel Gibson and I are one in the same. You know this. Classic vncwilliam tactic.

you're studying my 'tactics'.

learn to ignore a poster you admire. you've done a bang up job, so far.

and this isn't about getting to know the whole Mel Gibson. this is about a moment that sounded extraordinarily demeaning to a woman. and a slur of a line that he used that doesn't require that you know the whole Mel Gibson. it's out there. bellyaching about whether it is right or wrong, is moot. it's also debatable, depending on the situation. if it could save somebody's life, it would be right.

Last edited:
I don't care.

At all.

As much as I am now an ex Mel fan, you make valid points. Private personal conversations could get most of us in trouble if publicized.

But the fact is when you do learn something about a "buddy" or a co-worker or whoever, it does affect how you feel about them. It happns in real life all the time.. We lose interest in someone because of the things they say and/or do, as it reflects a part of their character. And to what extent it personally affects our own character makeup or sensitivities, the relationship suffers or even ends. It's how we get to the point of, "I don't like this person."

Hell, half the marriages in the United States end in divorce. We love and KNOW a person well enough to marry them, implying wanting to spend the rest of our lives with them, and then get behind closed doors, and truly LEARN about them. Then at some point, don't want any parts of them.

I don't know the whole person of Mel Gibson. I do know I used to love love HIM because of his work, and in Braveheart, which has been one of my favorite movies, he was particularly goregeous to look at. But what I have learned about him now has affected my feelings for him, and I would not spend another dime on one of his movies.

Woman on a tape sounds suspiciously cold, reminds me of one very manipulative girl i met…she could make me look bad & pissed me off in public when she was always staying so perfectly calm…when i told my friend some things about her, what kind of liar she really is, he didn't believe me, because in his opinion she wanted only the best for me…
Well at the end, like Michael said: Lies run sprints, the truth runs marathons. The truth will win this marathon. --- this friend & other people believing her then, can now barely talk with me, cause they are all so embarassed that they bought all her stories...no one believes her now.

That 'Lady' has no right revealing private(!!!) conversations to the media, she should even suffer consequences for doing so.
Clip is taken totally out of contects, we will never know what happened before this conversation, nor will any of you …. she would of course never reveal the ones showing her in a bad light.
None of you commenting this clip know what was really going on before. I believe all those words were said with a reason, he might be rasist, so are most people if you perhaps didn't know that… go read some Psychology studies.

Are there only few members like Agent M and Darth sidious capable of posting intelligent & not offending post to anyone in this thread?

None of you commenting this clip know what was really going on before. I believe all those words were said with a reason

And you know what really happened between them? maybe he was abusive towards her? maybe he beat her? There is NO reason to his sexist & racist rants. A real man doesn't talk like that to a woman so say what you want.

Are there only few members like Agent M and Darth sidious capable of posting intelligent & not offending post to anyone in this thread?

hmmm so if you are not defending Mel, you are 'not intelligent' ?
People who spew their hatred and blame people who belong to the same ethnic group are the ones who are ignorant.

Jan, just because you had a bad experience with a woman it doesnt make all the same so I suggest you not to pick on sides before you know the whole story. I really hope you dont talk to your women like that because if you do, you are a big zero.

I can understand what Agent M and Darth Sidious are saying. We should never jump to conclusions, and exactly what Jan says here. We have NOT heard the full thing, hell maybe the woman has said some very very harsh things to him,but not in the phonecall. I know exactly what Jan means with a woman staying calm and in her own way making fun of you, while the situation is very serious and you are angry as hell and getting heated up.

I always keep an open mind and don't jump to conclusions, if this were a video where we actually see Mel hitting her , that would be a different story. But for all we know the woman can be lying her ass off about that. Taping a phonecall and releasing it to the media = incredibly pathetic and a indication of what a lame person she is. IMO!

And you know what really happened between them? maybe he was abusive towards her? maybe he beat her? There is NO reason to his sexist & racist rants. A real man doesn't talk like that to a woman so say what you want.

Jan, just because you had a bad experience with a woman it doesnt make all the same so I suggest you not to pick on sides before you know the whole story. I really hope you dont talk to your women like that because if you do, you are a big zero.

Like you say it yourself...maybe this, maybe that. Yet then you say there is no reason to be so sexist and racist. BUT how do you know there's no reason? Like several peolpe here said, who knows what she did to him, what she called him and what not. We don't know the full story. For someone to get so mad and say those things, i truly believe something must have happened, and i choose to keep an open mind with this.

And nope, just because Jan had a bad experience , and so did i..doesn't mean it IS the case with Mel and this woman too, but maybe it is. Keep in mind that i am not condoning anything, i'm just not judging. I personally don't believe the man is racist. Just because he said that doesn't mean he's a racist right away...like i said, when people are angry as hell, just not themselves anymore, they can say all kinds of stuff.

Let's not call eachother names here and talk bad on eachother though.

Also, i don't find it right how many of you are calling Mel Gibson a horrible person, how do you know this? From a phonecall? WE as true fans and supporters of our hero, Michael Jackson should know damn well not to jump to conclusions? Remember how much we hate it when some person talks smack about MJ and when we already know its nonsense?

She's got tapes of him talking shit yet zero pictures of herself with no teeth? seriously, he needs some help to deal with his emotions and what not, but i would not be surprised if this woman is a blood sucking person who has emotionally abused him to a breaking point.

Last edited:
Back