Michael Has Signed With Universial (?)

SeriousEffect.

Premium Member
Donations
$5.00
Country
United-States
According to Last.FM Michael is signed with Universal.

http://www.last.fm/music/Michael+Jackson

On that link look towards the bottom on the right hand side.

Here is an email I recieved after registering.

Thanks for signing up!

You are now a member of the Official Michael Jackson mailing list. You'll get all of the latest news, gig dates, ticket info and exclusive competitions straight to your inbox and before it hits the site.

Opted in for mobile news? If you've given us your mobile number and opted in, we'll send you the latest news direct to your mobile free of charge.

WANT IT? Just text MJACKSON to 82665 and we'll add you to the list.

(Texts are completely free to you with the exception of the initial registration text which will cost your standard network charge)

www.umusic.com

Stop_Emails Stop_SMS Stop_Emails&_SMS
This mailing is from Universal Music Group UK Ltd. If you are still having difficulty in unsubscribing, please forward this entire message to [dp-umguk@vvhp.net]
NOTE : Please mention the list of Artists/Bands you want to unsubscribe from.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Has Signed With Universial

I don't see anything. But I find this hard to believe anyway.

Haha don't you think the thread title's a bit much considering your only assuming this?? lol

I've removed the breaking news pre-fix. Please note only staff members are permitted to use the prefixes.

When there's something a little more to it then we can consider it news. If it's true then there will be more out there then just this. Maybe a search on it will tell if there is any merrit to it or not.

Ok, I finally found it.

I hate to break your bubble, but what you see there does not mean that Michael has signed with Universal. All this means is that this website, which is owned by Universal Music most likely, is keeping up with the latest news on Michael Jackson. You are totally misinterpreting this.

that's right, AllTheLovelyFlowers. it's weird but it seems most newsletter sign-ups are associated with Universal.

Oasis, who are on Sony Epic, also have that sign.

I would highly expect this.. I have been saying this for a while now.. That Mike may possibly be signing with Universal music Group..

Why have I thought this for a long time now??

All Neyo, Akon, and will.i.am (those who are working with Michael) are under Universal Music Group....

I used to ask why does not Michael chose Sony artist/producers?? It's interesting that he leans specifically to Universa Music Group producers right now..

SO.............. Don't be suprized if this happens..

PLUS I have been saying MIKE SHOULD go with them, they are even larger then SONY MUSIC.. They are the largEST..

I said I would like Michael to sign with Universal Music Group, start a record label under them, qhich allows his to have Universal AND Sony as Distributers for the album.. AND SONY would stay off of Mikes back, because they would get profit off of the album aswell..

Otherwise if Mike just up and left and tried to cut all ties, They would have pulled nails to keep the rights to any and every MJ matieral as they can...

I would highly expect this.. I have been saying this for a while now.. That Mike may possibly be signing with Universal music Group..

Why have I thought this for a long time now??

All Neyo, Akon, and will.i.am (those who are working with Michael) are under Universal Music Group....

I used to ask why does not Michael chose Sony artist/producers?? It's interesting that he leans specifically to Universa Music Group producers right now..

SO.............. Don't be suprized if this happens..

PLUS I have been saying MIKE SHOULD go with them, they are even larger then SONY MUSIC.. They are the largEST..

I said I would like Michael to sign with Universal Music Group, start a record label under them, qhich allows his to have Universal AND Sony as Distributers for the album.. AND SONY would stay off of Mikes back, because they would get profit off of the album aswell..

Otherwise if Mike just up and left and tried to cut all ties, They would have pulled nails to keep the rights to any and every MJ matieral as they can...

How would he be able to have BOTH labels on the project?

I don't think that Michael needs Universal to do a distribution deal for him. He's got Sony.

I was thinking this too because it randomly popped up on last.fm
STOP BEING SO RUDE YOU PEOPLE!

It wouldn't be a bad idea honestly. Universal seems to be doing well for Akon & Will.I.Am. I'm over Sony.

Universal is exclusive copyright holder of Michael Jackson's solo and group records from Motown era (Universal bought Motown).

So even it that site would not offer to sign for whatever artist no matter where he/she is contracted currently, it would be perfectly normal for Universal to offer such subscription for Michael Jackson.

I don't think the Motown era would play a part right now in deciding where to go. Unless Michael signs with Motown again. That would bring back a certain feeling.

But Michael is tied with Sony in a big way in regards to Sony/ATV. I think in the end Michael probably releases stuff under Sony again.

I don't think the Motown era would play a part right now in deciding where to go. Unless Michael signs with Motown again. That would bring back a certain feeling.

But Michael is tied with Sony in a big way in regards to Sony/ATV. I think in the end Michael probably releases stuff under Sony again.

Exactly. Michael aint going no where but with Sony. It's like an old relationship where all you do is fight, but you got kids together and you can't seem to stop loving each other. Michael and Sony go together. They may not get along all the time but the relationship runs deep. Not easy to toss away.

Reactions: L.J
I wouldnt be surpised if it is true. Unversal is big, currently doing better on the market than Sony....

I doubt Michael has signed with Universal. I think Michael will release his new music through Sony, and it appears they now have a good business relationship again considering how well Thriller25 was promoted, and how successful it's re-release has been.

the only reason not to sign with anyone else but Sony is the Catalogues....and all the financials behind that...but this is not a topic on this forum so I leave it there...

the thread title should be re-named more clearly:

MJ has not signed with any other music company

I think if mike had signed with universal there would be some sort of press conference like when he signed the multi million doller deal with sony

I'm not saying he DID.. I'm just saying that don't be supprised if he did/does..

Oh and yes.. Many people have multiple distributers.. Take Akon for instance, he's a Universal Music Group artist, but has both Universal and Sony distributing his music..

It's kind of like.. APPLE is not the only place that sells ipods. You go to Walmart and you can find it there. Walmart is a distributer of the iPod.. Even though iPod is a APPLE product..

IDK if that gives an OK discription.. lol! but it can be done.. and does happen all the time..

PLUS there are many labels under Universal that would be great for Mike..

Take Akon for instance, he's a Universal Music Group artist, but has both Universal and Sony distributing his music..
again mate, he doesn't, we've been over this lol

the only distributor of his music is Universal.

some of the other artists on Konvict were already with Jive and continued to have their distribution with them since signing with Konvict.

I think that Sony is gonna be just as happy to see new music from Michael as we are. They are gonna be behind him. I think the two have ironed out their differences.

Arxter.. 'His music' as in his artists.. As a business owner.. Sony distributes his music.. get what I am saying??

He produces music for other artists, and gets distributes through both Universal and Sony.

MY POINT is not that AKON has distributed things with SONY or not.. It's that you can have MULTIPLE distributers..

Last edited:
Back