Michael Jackson Didn’t Like Pepsi

i just have to ask you all this because long time ago i drink pepsi or coke everyday i drink it makes me feel wream :thinking:
and know i can't drink it cause i'm sick cause i have IBS but that was wried that make me feel wream :thinking:

i'm asking you all does it makes you feel wream when you drink it?

The goal was to make Pepsi look young and Coke look old

what a slogan...young generation...i never got it myself...i blame michael for some of pepsi's success, haha. but the commercials were great. if he went with coke though he could have had a slogan with words like ''original'' and ''classic'' which went with him more. ahhh little diluted tasting pepsi.

what a slogan...young generation...i never got it myself...i blame michael for some of pepsi's success, haha. but the commercials were great. if he went with coke though he could have had a slogan with words like ''original'' and ''classic'' which went with him more. ahhh little diluted tasting pepsi.

At the time, there was only "New Coke", so there was nothing classic there, lol. But I drank neither. There was a big outcry about the new Coke formula and they started to lose business to Pepsi.

I stopped drinking sodas about ten years ago and now I just can't stand the taste of any of them.

But I love Michael's commercials, especially the I'll be there one :)

Its understandable that hed hate pepsi, but they were some great commercials though! The David Guest thing would be good, can we believe this?

I like that pic of Michael that someone posted with the red shirt on, holding the Coke cup. I like Coke better myself, so I hope he liked it better too. :) I'm sure his commercials did A LOT for Pepsi, and they were lucky!

In regard to what David gest said about the deep voice, what was with the deep voice michael had when announcing THIS IS IT in London, i also noticed it when he spoke at Superbowl in the early 90's. He sounded completely different to when he was doing the interview with oprah and the Bashir doc etc.

At the time, there was only "New Coke", so there was nothing classic there, lol. But I drank neither. There was a big outcry about the new Coke formula and they started to lose business to Pepsi.

Actually, "New Coke" wasn't around yet (not until 1985 with the Max Headroom ad campaign), but you are also correct that there was not "Classic" either. It was just Coca-Cola at the time.

BTW, "New Coke" didn't taste too bad actually. I kind of liked it. And if I recall correctly, it was pretty cheap when it first came out (because they were trying to get people to try it of course).

As much as I always loved Micheal's Pepsi commercials (I still remember getting REALLY excited when I'd see the street scene one with Alfonso Ribeiro from Silver Spoons come on TV), I actually drank way more Coke back then than I did Pepsi. For some reason, I think it may be that my family took their side in the Coke-Pepsi wars. :)

Did any of you ever take the "Pepsi Challenge" back in the 80's? I did it a couple of times in a few different stores. Good times.

Another soda from back then I drank quite a bit was cheap stuff called "Like". We'd almost always buy a cold can of it when we'd be headed home after shopping at Wal-Mart. In fact unless I'm mistaken, I had a can of "Like" soda in my hand when I hopped in the car with my brand new "Bad" record. :) Like I said, good times. Actually, GREAT times.

Anybody who read Moonwalk or the first edition of The Magic and The Madness knew this already

Right! I remembered he said that he took the Pepsi commercial but he'd never show the audience that he drunk it because he thought that it's not good for the children

I heard on an interview that he didn't drink any carbon based drinks so that's probably one of the reasons why he didn't like pepsi :)

I have once seen a pic of Michael with a Coke plasic cup in his hand. I thought it was hillarious because I believe the pic was taken in the break of the making of a Pepsi ad. LOL! Pepsi must have been happy! (This was ca. 1990, I believe.)

Pepsi is a disgusting unhealthy product, I saw a youtube ayear or so ago where the poor indian farmers used it instead of pesticide on their crops because the chemicals in it worked just as wel, I think even better and was cheaper than pesticides.

Pepsi is a disgusting unhealthy product, I saw a youtube ayear or so ago where the poor indian farmers used it instead of pesticide on their crops because the chemicals in it worked just as wel, I think even better and was cheaper than pesticides.
Coke is no better, you can use it to take acid off of car battery cables.

I saw a youtube ayear or so ago where the poor indian farmers used it instead of pesticide on their crops because the chemicals in it worked just as wel, I think even better and was cheaper than pesticides.

Hehe LOL, that is almost as ridiculous as the "Michael sleeps in an oxygen chamber & bought the elephant man's skeleton" stories :D

EDIT: OK, so I misunderstood what pesticide was. - My bad!

EDIT2: I think I found the video you're talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fpEgurO-ec

I still think it's stupid to use Coke/Pepsi instead of pesticide.
I wouldn't wanna eat anything that comes from their fields.
"Someone told us soft drinks contains pesticides.
So we started using this, it seems to be working"
:D

Last edited:
Not that I drink much soda anyways...But I would take Coke, Diet Coke, and 7-up over Pepsi ANY day of the week..!

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

Hehe LOL, that is almost as ridiculous as the "Michael sleeps in an oxygen chamber & bought the elephant man's skeleton" stories :D

EDIT: OK, so I misunderstood what pesticide was. - My bad!

EDIT2: I think I found the video you're talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fpEgurO-ec

I still think it's stupid to use Coke/Pepsi instead of pesticide.
I wouldn't wanna eat anything that comes from their fields.

"Someone told us soft drinks contains pesticides.
So we started using this, it seems to be working"
:D
So you'd rather consume foods with DDT and other poisons. Yeah, they're a lot safer. Pesticides of any type make no sense to me. It doesn't kill bugs because they eventually become immune to the pesticides, so they have to make stronger & more powerful poisons. If it's designed to kill bugs, then what is it doing to any creature that eats anything that is sprayed with them?

Eh, I don't like pepsi either. It's ok Michael. haha.

Actually, I don't like any pop. :p

So you'd rather consume foods with DDT and other poisons. Yeah, they're a lot safer. Pesticides of any type make no sense to me. It doesn't kill bugs because they eventually become immune to the pesticides, so they have to make stronger & more powerful poisons. If it's designed to kill bugs, then what is it doing to any creature that eats anything that is sprayed with them?

I honestly wouldn't want to consume anything at all, neither if it has been treated with pesticides or pepsi.
But I think it's wrong for those farmers to be like "Yo playa, this dude told us we could use Pepsi as pesticides".
I kind of make the comparison like someone saying to me: "Yo, it works just as fine with soda water as with lens wash for your contact lenses."

I personally try to stay away from anything from "nature" that has been "sprayed".
I'm fortunate enough to live in a country where we've become aware to keep everything very ecological.

But I'm definitely with you when you say "Pesticides of any type make no sense to me." - because if they even have to use pesticides, then you should probably not eat stuff coming there from either way.
But I think it's just so unbelievable that he's like "Naw, we use Pepsi instead... we think that works just as good".

Back