Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon by David Gest (merged)

Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Producter David Gest and Universal Pictures announce all-star World Premi

Thanks cassie mollie for that guardian article from tito. It was incredibly revealing of his and clearly the whole family's mindset. They seem to regard the whole solo career of mj's from OTW/thriller onwards as due to the bad influences in the music indistry dividing mj from his brothers - 'divide and conquer' - and the reason which led to all the negative things that happened in mj's life.

I can't believe how monumentally selfish and delusional they are. MJ was the reason the j5/jacksons were the success they were. It was mj who attracted the attention of berry gordy. As he grew up it must have been obvious to everyone that knew him that mj was destined for greatness and yet even after 10 yrs of success, instead of being grateful and supportive of mj's ambitions for himself the family wanted to keep him tied to the group, because they knew it would prob be the end of the brothers' careers.

Even after thriller when mj became the biggest solo star the music workd has seen before or since, the bros STILL expected to tour with him and bask in his success. For mj to agree to the victory tour with his brothers at the absolute zenith of his solo career was in my opinion a massive artistic and financial sacrifice, and acc to jermaine's book it doesn't seem they were that grateful, they were hacked off that mj didn't take the tour to europe!

As for all the negatives in mj's life - they all derived from his phenomenal fame after thriller - being a target for leeches, opportunists, unscrupulous journalists - not from being apart from his family. Do the jacksons seriously think with their appalling track record that they could protect mj from the worst that was out there?

Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Producter David Gest and Universal Pictures announce all-star World Premi

The Jackson's seem to forget they THEY were apart of the leeches and vultures who surrounded MJ
Well said Bonnie

In my opinion, Katherine taught Michael from the time he was a child to be nice to everyone. Michael took it to heart and for all of his childhood it worked. But when he became an adult and tried to still be that way, he got burned by his "friends" and then he got blamed for everything when he got in trouble. It breaks my heart how people hurt him and when he needed sympathy for being hurt and possible help with his other issues, he didn't get it because everybody else was too busy pointing their fingers at him and saying how he should have known better when the sensitive and caring attitude that he had was all he knew how to be. Again, this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon - Excl Advanced Blu-ray & DVD Cover Preview *Update Post 13

I watched it and actually enjoyed it. Well put together. I got so emotional watching it, can't believe I got caught up in the early bad reviews from some. Gosh, I miss Michael :(

Re: Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon - Excl Advanced Blu-ray & DVD Cover Preview *Update Post 13

When will it ever end????!!!!!!

magicpoetryx JUSTICE FOR MJ
@neverlandnites Yes, cuz the autopsy report clearly confirms that, right? Pffft.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

neverlandnites Wendy Jackson
by magicpoetryx@
@magicpoetryx I had to turn it off after the 1st 2 sentences.. WHY are they doing this? I don`t understand...
4 minutes ago

by magicpoetryx@
@magicpoetryx I just heard the beginning. So now they are "admitting" that MJ was an addict of strong drugs? They are "admitting"?? Arrrgh
6 minutes ago

Okay, it wasn't as bad as I feared, but damn, such bullshit, or what? @neverlandnites
7 minutes ago

@neverlandnites I know, right? Ughhhhh. Coming on soon.
19 minutes ago

@multigitts I'll tweet about it afterwards. It's short.
21 minutes ago

@IndigoStar777 The autopsy report confirm he was a clean, very healthy man. I don't know what they're on about.
23 minutes ago

Sadly, so true :( RT @JamLoveChange God help us. We are protecting the Legacy they are destroying it. Pifft. @magicpoetryx
27 minutes ago

@IndigoStar777 Me neither :( It hurts
32 minutes ago

@PetersPixieLove Sure do. Might be the tv channel sensationalize it, but NARCOTIC abuse?!
35 minutes ago

Tito and Rebbie will be on Good Evening Norway to talk about Michael's narcotic abuse in a few minutes. Shall be interesting. Not.
41 minutes ago

@neverlandnites Yes, cuz the autopsy report clearly confirms that, right? Pffft.

by magicpoetryx@
@magicpoetryx I had to turn it off after the 1st 2 sentences.. WHY are they doing this? I don`t understand...
4 minutes ago

by magicpoetryx@
@magicpoetryx I just heard the beginning. So now they are "admitting" that MJ was an addict of strong drugs? They are "admitting"?? Arrrgh
6 minutes ago

Okay, it wasn't as bad as I feared, but damn, such bullshit, or what? @neverlandnites
7 minutes ago

19 minutes ago

21 minutes ago

@IndigoStar777 The autopsy report confirm he was a clean, very healthy man. I don't know what they're on about.
23 minutes ago

Sadly, so true :( RT @JamLoveChange God help us. We are protecting the Legacy they are destroying it. Pifft. @magicpoetryx
27 minutes ago

@IndigoStar777 Me neither :( It hurts
32 minutes ago

@PetersPixieLove Sure do. Might be the tv channel sensationalize it, but NARCOTIC abuse?!
35 minutes ago

Tito and Rebbie will be on Good Evening Norway to talk about Michael's narcotic abuse in a few minutes. Shall be interesting. Not.
41 minutes ago

by magicpoetryx@
4 minutes ago

by magicpoetryx@
6 minutes ago

7 minutes ago

19 minutes ago

21 minutes ago

23 minutes ago

Sadly, so true :sad: RT @JamLoveChange God help us. We are protecting the Legacy they are destroying it. Pifft. @magicpoetryx
27 minutes ago

@IndigoStar777 Me neither :sad: It hurts
32 minutes ago

35 minutes ago

41 minutes ago

:wtf:

Shame!!!!!!!!! :perrin:

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5022:michaels-children-cherish-memories&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

(2-11-2011) Prince, Paris and Blanket talk about their Dad every day, Michael's sister says.

"Every day, all the time when I'm around them, they say, 'Dad used to do this, Dad used to say it like that.' You hear it all the time," Rebbie Jackson said.

Rebbie also said the children are aware of the current trial going on against Dr. Conrad Murray and that they are coping fairly well with it.

"I've been around them and seen how they are aware of it. They're dealing with it OK from what I've seen, as best can be expected," she said.

:cry:

So has anyone actually seen this thing??? Is it worth watching?

So has anyone actually seen this thing??? Is it worth watching?

Its posted on youtube...the link should be here in one of these threads about the documentary.

Oh Rebbie... you look more pathetic & disconnected every time you open your mouth.

When exactly was the "Thriller" Tour?

I agree with you Memefan. Icouldn't believe my ears when I found out how cold Rebbie is when she talks about her brother; Dionne Warwick is not part of his family and she expresses more warm and lovingly way about Michael.
I couldn't believe either hearing Tito normalizing the child abuse all the brothers went through. Child abuse is child abuse and I agreed when Bobby Taylor said Joe was a tyran.
The only things that were worthwhile watching were the cute stories The Motown family told about Michael and Tom Messerau talking, PERIOD!

For her to call Victory Tour for Thriller Tour is very naturally.

Victory was really a tour to promote Thriller. WBSS, HN, Beat It and Billie Jean was played each concert, so that's not really so bad IMO.

I still hope for an Official Victory CD Live album, DVD and Blu-ray release! Victory Tour was fantastic.

MJ liked KFC so much. - Even though it wasn't organic. :lol:

WTF! Tito & rebbie talking bout mjs "nacotic abuse"...SERIOUSLY TITO & REBBIE STFU!

Wow... Idiots. And I'm not talking about the Jacksons.

Hold on they said Michael freaked when he found out bout the 50 shows and only agreed to 10 but in court Kenny said Michael first took it up to 21 shows in order to beat Prince's record. So he obv knew about the initial increase.I dunno if he knew about them increasing it to 50 I can't member what Kenny said right now.

I must say that this documentary - although parts of it are interesting - is not what the 'whole Michael' was about. I miss those parts of his life where he was happy and creative, where he was a jokester, humanitarian, father etc.

Of course, trials, illnesses, plastic surgery etc. were part of his life. But the documentary depicts this as if these things were the only things that Michael's later solo carreer was about. Like if Michael the creative, loving human being never existed in adulthood.

Even when they talk about his children it's not about how he loved and adored them. No, they talk about surrogate mothers and his sexuality.

I'm quite disappointed, although Mesereau's and Taraborelli's comments are worth watching.

The general athmosphere of the documentary makes everyone sad. And, although all this was part of MJ's life, there shouldn't only be a focus on all the scandals and tribulations, but also on him as a wonderful, caring human being.

For me, I was dissapointed because I thought I was gonna see things I hadn't seen before... Other than some little home vid all we got was ken burns effects on some unseen photos. I was really hoping to see some behind the scenes Motown era stuff. I guess what was really dissapointing was that without any approval from the estate we got no music post Jackson 5. How can you have an MJ doc with out MJs music? There was nothing about the 80s and the 90s was just about trial, marriages kids. I kinda agree with Maja. Saying that, its not shit, I think its just incomplete.

^^^That's cool in itself- so Michael is still very much relevant.

I'm glad I watched it, but I'll honestly say that I didn't find it riveting by any means. You could tell that a lot of it had to do with the circles that Gest must know, or can make contact with. While I'm quite sure that Motown and the early years were formative, I was kinda checking the clock to see if they would move on a bit. I wished they would have at least mentioned just how big of star he actually was around Dangerous- the work of the solo years didn't seem to exist- or would the Estate jump if they even mentioned "Ghosts"?

Still glad to have watched it.

The kids are going to see this? I wonder what they are being told.

My goodness, guys what and who will the kids think their father was? They are hearing a bunch of mix up stories from their family and father's so-called friends. Those of you who have children, please think carefully about who you want your children to live with if something happens to you. After Michael died I see how crucial this decision is.

Its crazy how much bull**** that mjs kids will have to put up with all this disgusting talk bout mj. I wish all of it would stop

I didn't find it good, and it made me cry at the end. :(

But what was the bit about Elizabeth Taylor not wanting to be with Michael at the anniversary concert and Michael giving her a $250,000 necklace and then she changed her mind and turned up. That made me :( because I always thought she was a 100% friend so I hope that's not right. =/

The first 50 minutes were good, it just went downhill from there.

PHEW... I was planning on taking some 'energy saving mode' time this afternoon and it turned out into almost 3 hours of torture :mat:
I seriously think this DVD should come with a health warning though :beee:
NOW, I've got a headache and a heart ache :puke:

I didn't find it particularly well narrated, but far from "horrible". I've seen 'documentaries' such as Jaques Peretti's "What Really Happened"- documentaries like that are vomit inducing. Not this. But people have their own views on that.

Oh god, that what really happened documentary is the most discusting thing i have ever seen, it's just maddening, it preys on peoples ignorance it's just discusting, there are no words.

For the people who have watched the DVD:

What rating would you give it out of 10?? (1=terrible, 10=best ever)

Back