Michael will be in "we are the world

Awww, I was hooping thay they would do something like this. Still keep Michael in there somehow, and have Janet come on board as well. I want the entire future generation to know what an incredible humanitarian Mike was, in addition to a performer, brother, artist, son and father.

The reason for people to dislike Quincy Jones has nothing to do with this remake. I suggest you read up Quincy's history of spreading crap about Michael Jackson. Quincy Jones remains a two faced man, regardless of him including Jackson into this remake or not.Jones is on camera saying some of the most despicable things about Jackson on June 26 as well as during the trial, the words came from his very own mouth, nobody 'twisted' his words. With ''friends'' like Jones, Jackson didn't need enemies.

Quincy is a joke. I do not care about that old man. The fans will never forgive him.

Last edited:
<iframe src="http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoembed.cfm?colid=102957" frameBorder=0 width=640 scrolling=no height=480></iframe>

Wait wait.......COURTESY OF AEG??????

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Theyve got their hands in anything related to MJ!

I'm so happy!

I see it was Mama Katherine's idea. She's still looking out for Mike. . . cuz I don't think Quincy would have done this out of the goodness of his own heart.

So, from what I understand, Janet is actually singing Diana Ross's part?

Ohhh this is such great news! He will be appearing in the video too! Awesome.

So wait, if I'm understanding this correctly, this will be a duet type thing between Michael and Janet? Pretty cool. It's great to know that Michael can still contribute and help out Haiti in this way. He would be happy.

However, from hearing that preview I don't really like it...
That's my opinion though.

Last edited:
I am happy that Michael will be a part of it. I am also happy that Katherine has the power (and people listening to what she is saying) about these things.

:rolleyes: Jermaine will be on entertainment tonight tomorrow talking about how the jacksons didn't get a call to come and record we are the world and this is will be the reason MJ kids won't be able to be apart of the re-make..If only they can understand the kids matter a lot to their father fans along with the family. I will not be watching any way thanks for posting this article

I'm so happy!

I see it was Mama Katherine's idea. She's still looking out for Mike. . . cuz I don't think Quincy would have done this out of the goodness of his own heart.

That's what i thought too

Yeah, I saw Quincy Jones & Lionel Richie on the final few minutes of Larry King Live tonight discussing the song and confirming that Michael will be a part of it at his mother's request and "our desire." Also, on the back of the record they will place a poem requested by Michael's mother that was written by Maya Angelou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmari
I'm so happy!

That's what i thought too

As far as I understood, Diana Ross's part was sung by Barbra Streisand, and Janet is singing Michael's part together with Michael.

:rolleyes: Jermaine will be on entertainment tonight tomorrow talking about how the jacksons didn't get a call to come and record we are the world and this is will be the reason MJ kids won't be able to be apart of the re-make..If only they can understand the kids matter a lot to their father fans along with the family. I will not be watching any way thanks for posting this article
It's better for the kids not to be a part of anything. I'm glad they ain't a part.
As for the family funny how they never seem to be invited to anything, yet 3T were there.. and considering MJ is the only original member of WATW, I don't see what there is to talk about in the first place. tbh

Yeah, I saw Quincy Jones & Lionel Richie on the final few minutes of Larry King Live tonight discussing the song and confirming that Michael will be a part of it at his mother's request and "our desire." Also, on the back of the record they will place a poem requested by Michael's mother that was written by Maya Angelou.

So we have to thank Katherine for this. :clapping:
I don't believe the "our desire" part, but oh well... I am just happy Michael's vocals will be on this. He wrote the song! I wish the media would finally acknowledge this instead of making it look like he only did a little and the only "masterminds" were Quincy and Lionel. It's annoying. Maybe Quincy and Lionel should just say clearly who wrote the song!

So we have to thank Katherine for this. :clapping:
I don't believe the "our desire" part, but oh well... I am just happy Michael's vocals will be on this. He wrote the song! I wish the media would finally acknowledge this instead of making it look like he only did a little and the only "masterminds" were Quincy and Lionel. It's annoying. Maybe Quincy and Lionel should just say clearly who wrote the song!

i agree. MJ gives an inch, and the media, and guilt trippers and other artists take a mile.

But isn't this a charity? They shouldn't be making any money on it.

Im not going to make this into blame AEG thing and Im not saying that they will make money off of this, but I will just quickly say that I think the memorial, funeral and this is in a sense a PR campaign to put them in positive light. You dont have to agree with me but thats my 3 cents. (It went up due to the economy!):2cents:

That's such great news. This is Michael's baby, he deserves to be in the new version to remind everyone of his wonderful humanitarian spirit.

So glad to hear this, no one can have even half the impact of Michaels vocals and I really hoped they would leave him in it.

OMG I remember myself telling my parents we learned a new song in school, ‘We Are The World,’ in that age. We had to perform it holding hands without understanding one single word. After someone telling me its Michaels song I asked one of the teachers what the meaning of the song was. She explained shortly and I sang it from the bottom of my heart since it was our last day at school that term and we were moving to another place. So my last memory from that school and some friends is me holding my friends hands singing We Are The World for the whole school. :cry: ..... Great News :angel:

Now this is why I wish people would wait before getting in uproars here :) All that hatred for no reason. I am guessing maybe the kids are not in it, it probably would have been mentioned. I am looking forward to the premiere of this Friday!

I for one was the one so distressed about MJ being left out. Looking forward to hear the final result:)

wow, I'm actually surprised to hear this. Having Michael's image and vocals was something I was hoping for but not expecting to be honest. But this is great news. I always felt, you can't have that song performed without Michael. Michael is the back bone for it.

Back