Michael's clothes in TII

I liked the Gangsta Clothes! on Earth song! lol! he just looked relaxed! hehe! and sooo cute! He had on the "Curls For My Girls" shirt! sighs!

MattyJam, It is a label for woman clothes, especially jackets as far as i know...yes you can buy this stuff online on selected sites, but the prices starts at $4000 per jacket.

I don't know where he got this red jacket he is wearing in the trailer...it was probably custom made...

http://frillr.com/?q=node/14353

I liked the Balmain jackets on him...it fits him. His style, his royal style.
The jacket I really loved on him was in the beginning..the black one, military style with the silver glitter on it..like the jackets he always wear "military kinda". I like those kind of jackets so much on him! He has a cool style..l o v e it!!

I usually think he just looks fabulous no matter what, and this time was no different :) Obviously the Curls for my Girls tee is a sentimental favourite. I did however think the pointy shoulder Balmain jacket, while awesome (Balmain is my absolute favourite brand), made him look scarily thin.

Hi at all,

I don't know I'm generally very open minded, to me it does not matter much what clothes people wear as long as it’s clean etc. but I did find it very strange for MJ to wear women’s clothes. I though, very few looked good on him. I also found the gold sparkly pants "odd" they looked like somebody gave it him to ware because he did not have anything to wear (to big). Also, this big shiny jacket - I did not like it, it was too big on him. The Balaman jackets - might be a good design for women most of them to small for MJ. The red leather jacket, I don't know, look at the sleeves, way to short and tight....

Why do you think he dressed that way? I mean, supposedly he had stylists helping him dress.... I can not believe that this is new trend or taste. I mean, also thinking that he was not too keen on cross-dressing.

What I also wonder about, I find there are quite a lot of costumes he had to ware for the concerts. Basically, for every song a new costume, I mean, looking at all is past concerts, he never did it that way. He changed pants once everything else he changed while on stage… I imagine changing after every song very stressful for him, annoying for the audience… ? No?

Mhhh… not really sure what to make out of this all.

I'm really interest to hear your thoughts on this.

Because he liked the style? Cross-dressing? Its not as if he was wearing a dress! lol. They were just jackets. Some guys buy women's jeans because they fit tighter.. mj was small built so perhaps they fit him better. Perhaps the designer (who has said b4 mj died that he was inspired by him) made him his own male versions.. we don't know. Some of the jackets were close fitting, i don't know about 'too tight'. If he liked it he liked it.

We didn't see the concert clothes in the film..except smooth criminal.. and possibly the gold pants. Those jackets., the suit, etc. were his own clothes. About the gold pants being baggy they were suppoed to be like that.. it can be nice to dance in baggy pants.. like the ones he wore for thriller rehearsals.

About the pointy shoulder thing. That IS in fashion, they're everywhere now. MJs were super pointy in that jacket.. but he likes to take things to the next level.

I actually like the Balmain jackets but not on him. They were making him look really skinny, maybe if he had gonna with a bigger size...
As for the other clothes... I'm not a fan. I know that he always dressed differently and I'm fine with it but it kinda looked like he was trying to hide his frame or maybe he was cold? Just lots of layers and oversized clothes, he's never worn them like that before from what I remember.

I loved the black jacket with the white collar and the sequins around the collar :)

Last edited:
I really like when he was in his smooth criminal outfit. He looked so good. I really like what he wore during billie jean. For rehearsals you want to wear what's comfortable.

rofl yeh i didnt like the funny shoulder one either :p
the rest were all awesome though

it was great seeing him in the heal the world jacket from the dangerous tour

Umm. . . I think Michael looks pretty hot in this jacket. Especially with no shirt on underneath! LOL! With personal stylist Rushka Bergman.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a63b751a970b-800wi

Michael looked great but than he always does. I must admit I wasn't fond of he orange pants only because I don't like the color orange.

Julia

Oh i loved all the clothes he wore... and that jacket.. very cool! Gave him character.. not that he needs it.. but i thought it was very cool indeed!! Loved it!

I like both Balmain Jackets he had on (red when he was watching the Thriller filming and the black one during Human Nature & IJCSLY). He also had a Tom Ford (I am guessing) during the whole 'booty' scene.

The only ones I did not like was the gold lame pants and the Audigier sweatpants (but then again, I don't like anything that C. Audigier does)

I loved the outfit when he was rehearsing BAD, and I like his baggy pants when performing Earth Song. But I want the Popeye t-shirt he worn while deciding the TWYMMF arrangement.
I also like the clip during I'll be there, he wears a gold jacket and black pants reminds me of the Dangerous tour.

Hate the orange pants.LOL.

I loved all his clothes! It is just casual for him, but at the same time super Michael Jackson!! He has his own unique style! I love that about him. I esp love the long jacket which was kind of gothic looking. Loved everything he wore and also his beautiful curls!! Hmmmmmmm -cries-

I liked the orange pants. I want one. lol! I like the Black Gothic Jacket. He looks good in anything.

What is balmain clothing? Is it a label or a designer? Can you buy this stuff online anywhere?

Balmain is a fashion house, the original designer's name was Pierre Balmain who died a while ago.

And those tennis ball shoulder jacket that some of you don't like cost about 11 000$. LOL

MJ has been wearing Balmain for a while now. The clothes are made for women, but I don't know, MJ wears them so well. Now most probably, these style of Jacket will forever be linked to MJ. They would look tacky on any other men, bar Prince.

They transcend gender these two guys, so they can get away with it. And the fact that they are both very masculine men, make an interesting contrast.

MJ might like the brand because their recent collections are reminiscent of his '80's military style.

Here is a little report on MJ's impact on the Balmain brand:

Forget flowers and heartfelt messages — and save your tears; there is only one appropriate tribute to ***** and that is to wear the Balmain Jacket.
When it hit the Spring/Summer '09 catwalk everyone recognised that the inspiration behind the Balmain collection was none other than the ultimate style icon, Michael Jackson.
Those military-style studded jackets were a clear nod to the King of Pop's trademark fashion item that he had worn in various incarnations since 1982.
First came his crystal embellished, pointy-shouldered, black, red and gold versions of the Thriller-era, next the Royal Guard- style creations of the History tour, and later the more modest yet still regimental tailored jackets of the Noughties.
Then, in a full circle of fashion (a rare case of life imitating art, imitating life), over recent weeks the King of Pop was spotted several times wearing the very Balmain pieces that were inspired by him — not just the jackets but jeans and tops from the Autumn/Winter line too.
Never mind that the collection was designed for women — as usual, ***** led the way and, despite costing around £7,000 apiece, the jackets sold out from Net-a-Porter in less than 24 hours.
Now that King Michael is no more, we predict demand for the ultimate ***** tribute-wear will sky-rocket.
Beyoncé has been sporting Balmain/Jackson style already, as has Victoria Beckham, while Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova did their own bit of military dressing (this time, non-Balmain) on court at Wimbledon last week.
Rihanna recently stepped out in the complete ***** look, pairing her own Balmain jacket with hair and shades to match Michael's form circa 1984.
So, find your £7,000 from somewhere, because the Man in the Mirror for the next few months has got to be *****.
The King of Style is dead, long live the Style.

no i was lying in fact, i hate randy phillips, Michael wanted Michael Bush to design the clothes but that Payne ridiculous guy wanted another one that AEG wanted as well, this was a Zoldi whatever hi name is. Michael would have hated this "documental", we all know it, i always knew it, but didnt want to say it, after reading the thread "interesting story from inside the shows rehearsals" i understand it ALL, you should all go there and READ THE ENTIRE THING, you will understand my change...
HERE is the link, i cried when i read it, i realized everything

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80340

If you read this you will undertand ALL

Last edited:
I loved the black pants he wore during Thriller and Earth Song - does anyone know where they can be bought?

i like all michael's clothes.
and i love the orange skinny jeans he had on.

sort of reminds me of the thriller video.

There were some interesting things. The orange pants and the Human Nature pointy shoulders things were absolutely horrendous though. Ugh.

I loved the black pants he wore during Thriller and Earth Song - does anyone know where they can be bought?

Ed Hardy lounge/pajama pants.

Were they these? - http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3009529...ferralID=73b5caa7-c8a6-11de-89bb-000423bb4e95

I have no idea about this site .. so im not endorsing it.. but they're here too. Were Mikes the ones with the crown and the tiger? Edit: I checked and yes they are these ones..

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Ed-Hardy-Mens-Tiger-Jersey-Pants/4187974/product.html

I duno if this site is the real deal..or if its safe.. and ... price doesn't Taxes, Duties, and Shipping

Last edited:
Back