MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family - UPDATE MJAN 2nd Open letter PG 19 (Not a MJJC letter)

Re: MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family

Well, i have seen some pretty amazing posts in this place.
Concerning those who insult MJ's mother, my opinion is that they are not better than those who can't seem to understand that Michael's kids are just that : KIDS, and they should have what that their father was denied and he suffered from it. A childhood. They are not a promoting tool of family bussines and affairs

By the way this has to be the weirdest post i have ever seen
You have to chose are you A Michael Fan or a Jackson Family HATER

Oh, really now? So according to you someone who isn't particularly fond of MJ's family, they don't have the right to be his fan and they are automatically Haters? ?k then.

Well i'm a Michael Jackson fan and i don't care one bit about his family. I don't hate them and i think that whoever went on on insulting his old mother should be ashamed of themselfs because the woman is an old lady probably not much aware of what is going around her. ?ut i will judge Jackson's family's PUBLIC ACTIONS when those affect negatively Michael's legacy and his wishes. Those who can't seem to understand that, get a grip and stop enabling behaviours that furthermore harms the wishes and reputation of a man that you claim you admire.

TwinklEE, I understand your post completely and I share the same anger and frustration when someone questioned my fandom because I don't see things the way most people do.

Having, I will ask you to be careful on who you call a bandwagon jumpers. Mostly because I am new to these boards and didn't come here until after Michael had died. But make no mistake, I have been a fan for all of my life and my loyalty shouldn't be judged by my joined date here. I know you weren't talking about me, but it is something I am kind of sensitive about this subject and I have bitten off a few heads when people attempted to call me a bandwagon jumper.

When Michael was alive I didn't pay attention to what his family was doing and now that he is gone I want to ignore them. Loving Michael and disagreeing with what his family does is possible. It's not hate. Everyone thinks disagreement=hate. It doesn't. I am sure Michael disagreed with his own family but didn't hate them.

The Jackson family just expect or assume that we fans accept everything and anything they do because of our love for Michael. It doesn't work that way. If they do or say things that are positive for Michael and his kids then yeah we support that but when things have been negative and disrespectful to what Michael stood for then the support won't be there. I don't hate his family. At times i feel sorry for them because they don't seem to know what they are doing at times. For Katherine at 81 I wish she would enjoy her time as a grandmother and not worry about doing business deals she doesn't understand. Michael provided for her and his kids and she has nothing to worry about. Her grown children in their 50s and 60s now can take care of themselves and their own kids.

The Jackson family also act like they are the estate and they run it. They don't and they don't want to work with the estate or run things by them. They are not happy that Michael didn't leave it to them to run. So they did anything they can under the radar or whatever they can to make money with their nose up to the estate. I don't like the way they treat the estate because Michael created that and it was his decision who runs it. He kept family and business seperate. When they go against the estate it's like going against Michael and really his own kids who the estate is for in the end.

Criticizing certain actions taken, or poor decisions made, does not equal hate. Many MJ fans, have at one point, been fans of the Jackson family (and clearly a number still are). But it's what they've publicly done, especially over the past two years, that has made us open our eyes.

I don't feel hatred for the Jackson's, however, I am strongly disappointed in their actions. How has what they've done been beneficial for Michael, his legacy, justice over his death, or his children? His parents have hawked Michael's children in front of the media to promote cheap perfume and various other merchandise/money making schemes — knowing that Michael did not want to raise his kids in the spotlight. Then, there's them striking deals with shady business partners like Howard Mann, and willingly signing the kids into contracts (which isn't legally viable to begin with). His sisters have alluded that he was a drug addict at the time of his death and that they tried interventions — but they can't provide any facts about this nor can they remember when these supposed interventions took place. And sure enough, it now appears Murray's defence is going the drug addict route. Not to mention that while Michael was living Katherine, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Jackie, all signed an open let to the media where it states:

We categorically deny ever planning, participating in, or having knowledge of any kind of intervention, whatsoever. We strongly believe that these ‘sources’ and others, no matter who they are, are making these defamatory, inaccurate, and untrue claims for monetary reasons."

And all this is just scratching the tip of the iceberg.

You even have Katherine herself expressing criticism of Michael (now that he's passed and can't defend himself) in the interview she did with Oprah. Yet in turn we cannot criticize the Jackson family for their own poor public actions? If people want to be fans of the Jackson family, that's their choice. But loving someone doesn't mean blind and careless devotion. There's such a thing as tough love, and taking a stand to let someone know they're "doing wrong".

When it comes to what Michael thinks of his family, listen to his own words: "tight knit my ass."

[video=youtube;OAzarSbfPEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAzarSbfPEk&feature=share[/video]

(Here is a link in case the embedding doesn't work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAzarSbfPEk&feature=share)

As for the letter, it could have been written in a more diplomatic matter, but I agree with the points made. I understand the frustration too. I know many fans have tried to reach out tactfully to the family about their concerns, but it's continuously fallen on deaf ears.

Last edited:

I dont think we will ever agree on that one. Some want to believe that supporting Michael's whole family is deserved, others, including myself, cant get over their behavior over the last 2 years. I personally don't understand how you cant forget those actions, or what your feelings are. Just me.

True ^^. Those who tend to believe that the family needs support and should not be critiqued due to their link to Michael, in my view, are those who tend to accept these same behaviors in others. They see such behaviors as OK, so if the Jacksons are doing it, there is no problem there. This can be the only reason why you will see people using children to make products for you to buy and say nothing about it.

How can you buy a ticket of a concert when you know they used children as bait to sell you the ticket. I guess you will justify that as you want to see the artist perform only. How can you buy perfume, when you know they used Michael's children as bait to encourage you to buy, thinking you love Micahel so if you see his child holding the bottle you will buy. And the list goes on. As long as people see these actions as OK, then we will come across the same responses we see in this thread and others.

It has become embarrassing to see the level of analysis in responses such as statements implying and blatantly stating that disagreeing with the Jacksons and pointing out what fans find offensive is equal to hating them. This has no logic but it is here.

If someone disagree with grandma's behavior and point it out, we get a response that grandma loves the children and Michael. Grandma is Michael's mother and we would not say that to her face or to Michael's face if he was alive. This has no connection to the disagreement of grandma's behavior, but such responses are all over the thread.

If someone disagrees with the family's behavior, we get a response that we do not see what happens behind closed doors. This has no logic here because it is the behavior that is seen that is being critiqued.

If someone disagrees with the family's behavior and send letters out, we get responses like the children will see it and love their family/grandma more. They do not consider that the children see/hear worse things from twitter, from the computer, and from the news about themselves and Michael. Further, the kids should love their grandma more each day. We expect them to, so if the letter makes them love her more, good for them!!! They will have to deal with the family's statements about their father sooner or later, so they will understand later in life the context of the letter. Further, that is why children are supposed to have guardians to supervise their activities, so that what they encounter is limited. If they are allowed on twitter, ect., then they should expect to encounter a mass of positive and negative feedback.

Its kinda funny cause from all the years ive spent on the boards those ive seen who always defend the jacksons (not talking about anyone on here) had no problem calling mj out when he messed up but will find every excuse possible if the jacksons did anything.Maybe the question should be turned around and asked as to whether u are a family fan and a mj hater intead of u having to to be a family hater if u support mjs wishes.I find it a strange logic that we have threads all over this board about media whores attacking mj.dening his parentage saying he was a bad oarent a druggie etc.we have campaigns against such ppl.yet when the very ppl who are supp to love him and protect him the most do that we are supp to say nothing? What logic is that when their words as family do more damage than media whores.When u are agreeing with the words of the fake rabbi u know something is up.

Last edited:

Its kinda funny cause from all the years ive spent on the boards those ive seen who always defend the jacksons (not talking about anyone on here) had no problem calling mj out when he messed up but will find every excuse possible if the jacksons did anything.

Maybe the question should be turned around and asked as to whether u are a family fan and a mj hater intead of u having to to be a family hater if u support mjs wishes.

I've seen it numerous times myself and I still continue to see this even on this board. Jackson Family stans are always keen on throwing MJ down the road if it benefits the family, they've always done it in the past and they'll continue to do in the future. Which is hypocritical on so many levels.

Last edited:

Which is exactly what the family do.so the family stans carry on the work

all i have to say to all of u is stop judging the jackson family you dont know them personly guys and u dont know what it is to lose one very important member of the family each person react different ok and about the oprah show i think it was a poor judgment and influence of outside people who tries become famous on the jackson name, the jacksons are not perfect they just like every other family in this world so let them be and let them grieve they way they want to you never walked on there shoes ok so think about it

i love u guys very much i been mj fan for all of my life more than 30 years now so i know mike will appreciate it much more

This is not an official MJJC letter and does not reflect the views of the board as the board is neutral. This is not MJ news and happenings. This is a letter a fan group wrote to the Jackson family. Because of this, I am going to move this thread to 2300.

Thank you.

Also, please watch your cursing.

Finally, do not make this a battle between new and old fans. You will not demean fellow members by terming them new fans in a negative way just because you disagree with them. Conversely, do not question the fandom of fellow members who don't agree with what the family has been doing. Neither of the things mentioned above are in the place of any member to do.

Ppl get judged on their actions. They carried out the actions we pass comment. Nothing wrong with that. And grieving has very little to do with some of their actions.if u can justify their actions please do

Ppl get judged on their actions. They carried out the actions we pass comment. Nothing wrong with that. And grieving has very little to do with some of their actions.if u can justify their actions please do
well sweetie u cant judge people dont know ok i agree that the whole oprah thing was a poor judgement ok but let them do this tribute concert they want why not everybody did this already why not his family

well sweetie u cant judge people dont know ok i agree that the whole oprah thing was a poor judgement ok but let them do this tribute concert they want why not everybody did this already why not his family

With all due respect, I think before supporting this kind of venture, you need to know the facts behind it. All the facts. Seriously. It's all out there, it's been researched for weeks, just facts. SMH

With all due respect, I think before supporting this kind of venture, you need to know the facts behind it. All the facts. Seriously. It's all out there, it's been researched for weeks, just facts. SMH
i know all the facts and i know some of the family member personly too ok so trust me i know what im talking about ok

i know all the facts and i know some of the family member personly too ok so trust me i know what im talking about ok

Knowing the Jacksons personally is the last argument to use to prove you know the facts actually, in my book. I dont understand how anybody knowing the facts about that thing can support it. That's just me.

Knowing the Jacksons personally is the last argument to use to prove you know the facts actually, in my book. I dont understand how anybody knowing the facts about that thing can support it. That's just me.
the fact that i know does not prove nothing ok i never said nothing like that ok but its realy easy to critisize people without knowing what they feeling ok and i do know all the facts

And clearly they don't want us to know either.

Peoples actions are judged every day without having to know the individuals personally.

And clearly they don't want us to know either.

Peoples actions are judged every day without having to know the individuals personally.

None of us knew Stalin personally, maybe he was a nice guy after all... if you dont pay attention to his public actions

Necessary note: I'm not comparing anybody to Stalin.

Last edited:

the fact that i know does not prove nothing ok i never said nothing like that ok but its realy easy to critisize people without knowing what they feeling ok and i do know all the facts

ok great .seeing as YOU know all the FACTS can you please explain to us WHY Michael's children are being used as a meal ticket at each and every turn? Can you explain WHY the Jackson's keep exposing them to all of these disgusting characters JUST to make money off of them? Can you explain WHY the Jacksons keep putting them in the public eye even though they KNOW that it is against Michaels wishes for his children to be put through that? These are just a couple of questions...seeing as you KNOW the scoop as to what is going on..then maybe you an answer these questions
s

Of COURSE you can. If not, nobody would ever vote in any election! Also, there is a difference between "judgment" and "critique." In the U.S. we are blessed with freedom of speech, and to express opinions.

The Jacksons are celebrities, i.e. at least parts of their lives are lived in the public domain, and they make public statements on media. Those statements, AND actions, certainly CAN be critiqued!

When Jermaine makes a statement, "I was my brother's voice," yes, that CAN be critiqued, and rightly so (and no, he really WASN'T, and isn't, now.) When Paris Jackson is photographed and video-taped holding up a bottle of perfume that her grandfather is promoting, yes, that CAN be critiqued. And it should be. . . . .

I repeat, would Michael EVER have put his children on any sort of media to promote HIS projects? Absolutely NOT.

see that is what I mean,,,some come in here they talk ALL kinds of defense for the Jackson's...THEN when they are called out on the BS...they cannot defend it. Not surprised in the least..because there is NO defense for it!!

WOW finally Jackson family insider who knows them and ALL the facts has offered help in this thread

Thanks for coming in to enlighten the fans. Can you Please tell the fans ALL the facts you know contrary
to what is being shown publically to them by the Jacksons that are addressed in the letter ?
The things we can see

Im very concerned abiout many things especially how the children are USED

Please enlighten us why Paris was Told to pose holding up a bottle of Joe's Jackson perfume to shill at her
Fathers Birthday anniversarry ceelbration. It bad enough Joe does that at every event even the event of
Michael death _ But to tell a child (Michael's daughter) who know no better to do that is SCARY.

Please enlighten us is Joe teaching PPB that his actions are appropriate and these event are suppose
to be use for the purpose of the Jacksons to shill thier products and Profiting off Michael's name

Im very interested in how the Jackson family defends that ?

To add to qbee's post - would be great to hear any explanation as to why Paris is allowed to have a public Twitter account, in light of her age and who she is (the daughter of the most famous man on earth who was adored and maligned in almost equal measure).

Yeah, because they were listening to us so well before.

Even if you told them nicely they would either ignore us or tell us to shove our concerns up our butts. This site as well as many fansites wrote an open letter telling the family why we didn't support the tribute. Ivy and Gaz were both polite and didn't name call anyone. Yet, the family still let GL treat fans like crap and is even allow to blame fans for all the negative news about the tribute.

So, it isn't like fans didn't take the polite path before this letter happened.

I know they weren't listening before. They won't listen now either. I think all this letter accomplished is let some fans blow off some steam.

And I don't agree with how the Jacksons are handling any of this or how the children are being used. I just wish all of this was unnecessary.

Last edited:

To add to qbee's post - would be great to hear any explanation as to why Paris is allowed to have a public Twitter account, in light of her age and who she is (the daughter of the most famous man on earth who was adored and maligned in almost equal measure).

Although it wasn't addressed specifically in the letter, this may be the most alarming development of all. She is FAR too young to be exposed to the ugliness possible in the cyber-world! Michael tried SO hard to keep his children out of the public eye, and to give them as much normalcy in their lives as possible (as children of arguably the world's MOST famous person). And now? One can only imagine that there is little or no supervision of these children, if this is allowed to happen, and to continue? It's just so . . . . incredibly. . . .sad.

And in the meantime, the family isn't spreading love...but greed.

What kind of hypocritical BS is that?

Each one has their opinion, respect for their
Charity also is spread love
children mICHAEL always do charity, with
support the family of Michael
Who speaks of greed are some fans

In reference to some fans defending the Jackson family & not coming back to back up their defense....Perhaps some fans stated their case and don't feel the need to keep going around in circles about the matter, only to receive a response of SOME laughs SOME insults & reasons why their posts may be invalid or dismissed for differing in opinion. I, for one do not defend the Jackson's, God knows....especially The Joe Jackson monster, but I darn for sure am not going to go around insulting Katherine with name calling and bombarding the Jackson family Twitter pages with demanding letters and insulting tweets...that's me though. And noooooooo, that doesn't mean I'm defending them, or respecting them because that's Michaels family etc.....I just think the way in which is uncalled for. Hey my complaints are the same....just not my method, as aggitated as Iam about certain things. And IF PP&B has something to learn about their family, it damn sure ain't going to be from us. As stated before, these letters/tweets of that nature will possibly be read...but turned on deaf ear...and specific senders will then be blocked. Think about it...what would you do?

As far as Paris being on twitter that's a tight one....unfortunately that's the "norm" of today, esp in the "world" that they are in...everything is internet and social networking, while I think she is way too young, how can she be stopped? She is choosing to go head to head with some of the most nastiest comments on twitter, she certainly doesn't mind being on there, and if she would be told to leave twitter would this teenager really oblige? She has a cell phone and twitter is an app featured on the phone ( most phones) and she is free to use. Afterall her friends/ peers are on it, tons of celebs,& fam members....how can one tell her not to go on?....IF I'm correct Prince has twitter as well....I dont think he tweets as much as Paris does though.

Much luv. Because in the coming times we are going to need each other y'all....

As far as Paris being on twitter that's a tight one....unfortunately that's the "norm" of today, esp in the "world" that they are in...everything is internet and social networking, while I think she is way too young, how can she be stopped? She is choosing to go head to head with some of the most nastiest comments on twitter, she certainly doesn't mind being on there, and if she would be told to leave twitter would this teenager really oblige? She has a cell phone and twitter is an app featured on the phone ( most phones) and she is free to use. Afterall her friends/ peers are on it, tons of celebs,& fam members....how can one tell her not to go on?....IF I'm correct Prince has twitter as well....I dont think he tweets as much as Paris does though.

I don't buy this argument at all. A parent/guardian should be monitoring her account and her postings just as her other activities should be monitored. It's not difficult. You advise them that they can have a private account so they can just add their close friends - or none at all. You keep a close eye on what is being said on there (if another family member is friends with them on there, then they can see what's going on). If anything starts getting out of hand, you de-activate the account or confiscate their phone. You do whatever it takes to protect your child. I have a 14 year old daughter who has just had a 6 week Facebook ban - not because she'd done anything wrong, but because she was getting abuse from other kids.

^^^ but it's ok to insult Joe?

I don't buy this argument at all. A parent/guardian should be monitoring her account and her postings just as her other activities should be monitored. It's not difficult. You advise them that they can have a private account so they can just add their close friends - or none at all. You keep a close eye on what is being said on there (if another family member is friends with them on there, then they can see what's going on). If anything starts getting out of hand, you de-activate the account or confiscate their phone. You do whatever it takes to protect your child. I have a 14 year old daughter who has just had a 6 week Facebook ban - not because she'd done anything wrong, but because she was getting abuse from other kids.

I'm certainly not offering an argument & deff not selling anything for you to buy. I threw a statement/idea out there, seeing as though she's a teen....maybe they see nothing wrong with her being on there, who knows....you can conclude it as lack of supervision or what have you but who really knows.....I dnt condone her being there....but I also dnt know the reason why she's still on there....just throwing ideas out there.

Back