Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor"

Re: MSNBC to air Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov

Waw Autumn^^ it gets worse and worse once people explain the clip.

Glad the flour company responded. This is certainly good news.

Re: MSNBC to air Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov

at this point I don't even know what to say. I've lost all faith in the decency of this world.

Pictures in most instances are copyrighted by the photographers and can easily be bought.

for example if lady gaga is photographed on the read carpet by an agency , the agency owns the photograph not lady gaga.

But it wasn't just any still picture of Michael they used. It was a short clip from the Thriller video. Do they really have a right to use that clip?

suzynyc;3532645 said:
But it wasn't just any still picture of Michael they used. It was a short clip from the Thriller video. Do they really have a right to use that clip?

for example I'm looking to the vanity fair article about thriller

cn_image.size.thriller.jpg

Michael Jackson in zombie mode. Photo excerpted from Michael Jackson: The Making of “Thriller”/Four Days/1983, by Douglas Kirkland, to be published in November by Filipacchi; © 2010 by Douglas Kirkland.

so like I said generally photographs will be copyrighted / owned by the photographers, could be easily and automatically bought and some even could be public domain and royalty free or fall under fair use.

Yes but it wasn't a photograph that was used for Murray's doc. It was a clip from the actual thriller video. Isn't permission from the estate required to use any portion of that video in any type of movies, TV shows or documentaries?

Optimum Productions is copyright holder for "Thriller" video, and owner of Optimum Productions is Michael Jackson's estate...

[h=6]From the Estate of Michael Jackson:

Like so many of Michael’s fans, the Estate is also disgusted by MSNBC’s irresponsible and inexplicable decision to air a Conrad Murray “documentary” and the Co-Executors, John Branca and John McClain, are sending a letter to the top executives at Comcast, NBC Universal and MSNBC to express their disdain for their actions.
[/h]

Gold Pants Girl;3532658 said:
From the Estate of Michael Jackson:

Like so many of Michael’s fans, the Estate is also disgusted by MSNBC’s irresponsible and inexplicable decision to air a Conrad Murray “documentary” and the Co-Executors, John Branca and John McClain, are sending a letter to the top executives at Comcast, NBC Universal and MSNBC to express their disdain for their actions.

I am disgusted that Murray will probably get away with this. I mean how is he allowed to do that? I thought there was a law that prevented a convicted criminal to profit from his crime.
The Estate should really be more active in protecting Michael's name. Just sending a disapproval about something won't do it. The same way as thes didn't get to prevent that fake tribute concert of happening. I mean the Executors are making a lot of money from Michael's legacy, at least they should earn it!

Originally Posted by Petrarose
So Muarry is talking about the face. Isn't there a saying that you never forget the face of the one you kill? Well let that terror face continue to haunt him.

What did he say, please? :sad:

Im disgusted by Murray. I wished they could use this against him on Novemver 29th :(

There is nothing else they can do, nothing illegal about what Murray is doing, just unethical.

Well administering propofol at a home setting was unethical too! Plus, what's this about avoiding the gag order with a deal made before the trial began? This just opens the door for anyone avoiding a possible future gag order - just make a deal with a filming company a.s.a.p.

If this goes through (and probably it will!), the Estate could make a rebuttal a la The footage you were never meant to see!

Or - even better - the Estate could afford to buy this documentary from the company and that way Murray would never again get the chance to do something like this because it's hardly probable that he made two deals with two separate companies!

URGENT!! BOYCOTT MURRAY DOCUMENTARY!

by Majestik Magnificent on Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 9:56pm

Hello fans. This is Majestik. Unfortunately we are at the cross roads again. The documentary that is being released this Friday must be stopped. I have spoken to Jackson family members regarding this. They are endorsing you 500% in your efforts to stop this. It is very unfortunate that you, the voices for Michael Jackson, must continue to fight. Create awareness so that the world knows that Michael Jackson fans will let NOTHING slide. It is good for the world to know that if you mess with Michael Jackson, even in death, you are going to hear from his fans. Once again Michael needs you to come to his aide for his legacy and respectability for his children. What Murray is doing this Friday is disrespectful, unacceptable, and more than anything, very very hurtful to his family and children. Please tie up the phone lines of MSNBC like you have done so many times in the past! If you can, try to create awareness in the press to know that you are not accepting this type of behavior. The family is behind you 500% on this one. La Toya Jackson as we speak is trying to get attorneys in association with her father to stop this on MSNBC . The Michael Jackson fans show nothing but love, admiration, respect and above all loyalty to him. If you want to ask me any questions please feel free to private message me. Your support at the courthouse was SIMPLY AMAZING! I thank you, and this letter will be given to Katherine, Joseph, La Toya and other Jackson family members. I thank you for your time.
Much Respect ,
Majestik Magnificent

----------------------------------
I got this from FB. I know how some feel about Majestik so don't attack me lol I know how u feel. I just wanted to let people know the family seems to know about this. Ofcourse their counting on us to do most of the work but atleast they will try something too? Although why have this dude as their mouth piece all of the time and for something so important? Not sure about the whole Joe lawyers thing either? o_O Cause I'm sure one is Brian Oxman and what can we expect from someone that said after the verdict he felt sorry for Murray because MJ was an addict and because of that he felt Murray got over his head and lost his ethics.

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME???? He said that? OMG, that's bad.Murray may have made a blunder with the timing, though. :ph34r: Judge Pastor hasn't given him a sentence yet! And hasn't made a decision about whether he'll have to pay restitution to the family! Bad move, Murray. Pastor certainly is fully aware of this nefarious attempt to cash in. So hopefully, Murray will see the entire four years? Hope so!!!!!!!!!!
agree. this will bite him back on the ass. pastor wont play and he will use this against murray. cant wait to hear pastor address murray at sentencing. just remember where that killer is right now. we won. dont ever forget that.i see randy has been brainwashibg his kids into blaming AEG for everything

The law is a joke. u shouls not beable to make money off any crime regardless of whether u did the deal b4 the verdict or after. once u are convicted it should basically role back to any money made before is taken from u.shame the jacksons are to bothered chasing billions from aeg instead

They are endorsing you 500% in your efforts to stop this.

Can't the Jackson family issue an official statement to the public instead of going through Majestic"s FB page?

signed the petition.

This is BS that the various channels are insisting they are not paying murray, of course they are not, they would be paying the programme makers who would be paying murray. This is so wrong and I am beyond angry, have signed petition and sent emails, commented on This Morning, I don't know what else to do.

Well I hope the documentary makers totally 'Martin Bashir' his ass.

According to the Sky EPG Channel 4 have renamed this programme 'The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson.' This needs to be taken off the air.

According to the Sky EPG Channel 4 have renamed this programme 'The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson.' This needs to be taken off the air.

That is actually a better title IMO

Twitter for channel 4 @4viewers lets flood them

at least the title is accurate.

Gold Pants Girl;3532658 said:
From the Estate of Michael Jackson:

They better do more than just write a letter, what kind of f.ckery is this?! Why is it ok for a convicted felon to make money/sell interviews/documentary's on his victim?! Why is the entire world fine with this?! What the f.ck is wrong with mankind?! Why is such kind of behavior accepted, tolerated and even endorsed by the media?! The fking world and the f.king media went crazy when talk about OJ's ''IF I did it'' book made news, although OJ was found not guilty (by law), yet these fkers are eagerly willing to sh*t on Michael's grave, and propogate this sick sociopath Murray's views?! FFS Michael was NOT Hitler. Why is the poor guy crucified like this?!!

I read on another fan forum that Rebbie is on the documentary saying her brother was an addict and Murray should not have given him drugs because he knew he was an addict, go figure .

^^^^^ No way! Did they provide a source?

Signed and spread.

She was on the today show maybe thats when she said it.

Back