Murray trial Day 23, November 3rd - discussion

character witness. all the good things murray is supposed to be. u can take that evidence into your consideration and use it alone as reasonable doubt or along with other evidence if u want but that can be counted by the pros using evidence of their bad character.

murray statements. did murray make them. if u decide he did consider his statement with the rest of the evidence. u cant convict him sorely on the interview u need other evidence. but that evidence only has to be slight. ie that murray was in the room (which he was) if murray lied in the interview that shows murray was aware of his guilt and comitted the crime.u can use that against him. same with the hiding of the drugs in the room. dont need a motive to convict. but u can decide if he had one

there are 2 theories in the charge: 1) lawful act with criminal negligence 2) failed to perform legal duty with criminal negligence

Had a doctor's appointment, was hoping I'd make it back home in time, but only just started to watch the stream. Judge reading the jury instructions. I'll read through this thread, but can someone quickly tell me if the instructions look good so far?

I've felt very confident throughout the trial that the jury will come to the right conclusion in the end. Walgren and Brazil have been amaaaazing, and all the evidence speaks loud and clear.

Yet, I feel nervous and emotional right now. This is hard..

Hugs all around! Stay strong, my MJfam! xxx

I'll read through this thread, but can someone quickly tell me if the instructions look good so far?

IMO, they do. for instance if a person acts in a reckless way that leads to harm... (not the correct words, but u get it)

if the death is a consequence of reckless behaviour etc

M/S definition as we have already read in the press reports. ie a lawful act with criminal negligence. the pros say as a dr he gave diprivan thatsthe legal act. criminal negligence. is when u commit an act of recklessness. acting that way creates a high risk of death or harm a reasonable person would have known acting in such a way would create a risk.

legal duty with negligence. legal duty to mj murray failed to perorm that legal duty. not performing that legal duty caused mjs death (missed the last bit.) was the death a natural probable cause of not acting in a legal duty way.

substantial factor in the death.. doesnt have to be the only factor that caused the death.. murray should have fore seen the danger of his actions. if mj was at fault ie he was stupid for asking for diprivan its still murrays fault as he had a legal duty to mj as a dr (thats what he basically said.)

Last edited:
not guilty if it was an accident. has to be more than just an accident it has to be negligence.

guilty if murray failed in one legal duty in his care of mj but i think every jurror has to agree on which legal duty

oh man closing arguments after the break...I sure hope that Walgren doesn't use to many visuals. Jeez this is so hard.

taking a 10-15 min break. so what does everyone think about the instructions so far

ok so now they're gonna take a 10 or 15 min break, I don't even know if I'll be able to watch it since my mom's screaming around. though I tried to explain to her that this is the last day, she doesn't care :cry:

It's hard to believe we're finally at this point. I think the jury instructions look promising.

Jury instruction - If there is an intervening act that causes the harm it needs to be unforeseeable or not reasonably contemplated - glad that murray's self-serving 'tec interview about mj liking to push the syringe and wanting his milk so bad murray is trying to wean him off it, comes back to haunt him.

I agree the Jury instructions look it quite likely that cm will get convicted. :hug: to all.

It's a tense time. Jury instructions seem very fair, all we can do now is wait. No doubt Walgren will be on top form and leave the jury in no doubt that Murray is guilty as charged. #Justice for Michael.

Jury instruction - If there is an intervening act that causes the harm it needs to be unforeseeable or not reasonably contemplated - glad that murray's self-serving 'tec interview about mj liking to push the syringe and wanting his milk so bad murray is trying to wean him off it comes back to haunt him.

If he is convicting, I would bet my bottom dollar that tape will play a big part in it. T-Mez was right on the spot about that police interview being the worst, and probably fatal, mistake of the defense.

instructions are good. in short the jury only need to believe one negligence and that negligence significantly contributed to MJ's death.

in other words for example they can simply convict on not calling 911 or leaving the room.

--------------

edit look what legal experts say : Legal expert: The jury must agree with at least one of the 17 violations of standards of care. #Justice4MJ

Thanks for the updates guys. Missed the instructions because sky news had they Greece news on instead and I cant get on my laptop right now. I know the defense will do MJ justice. Happy that the prosectution gets the last word too, I do see the recordings and/or pictures popping up in his PowerPoint.

Instructions, thus far, were good...fair; gives the jury lots to use in deciding whether to convict knowing the evidence that was presented.

I think now I'm getting a few butterflies as Walgren will start his closing. This presentation is making me nervous. Already feeling teary and nothing's happened yet. :(

Jury instruction - If there is an intervening act that causes the harm it needs to be unforeseeable or not reasonably contemplated - glad that murray's self-serving 'tec interview about mj liking to push the syringe and wanting his milk so bad murray is trying to wean him off it, comes back to haunt him.

yeah that comes right back at him even more so with them implying he left a loaded syringe. (just like the leaving the gun lieing around and a kid picks it up and kills someone argument)

instructions are good. in short the jury only need to believe one negligence and that negligence significantly contributed to MJ's death.

in other words for example they can simply convict on not calling 911 or leaving the room.

--------------

edit look what legal experts say : Legal expert: The jury must agree with at least one of the 17 violations of standards of care. #Justice4MJ

yeah that stood out to me when he read that out. expecially when theres so many violations given by the witnesses. i dont want to tempt fate but if they only have to agree on one act of negligence out of all those given then ...well i dont want to say it.

mccartneyAP Anthony McCartney
According to colleague Linda Deutsch, attorneys told judge that prosecution closings will be 90 mins, defense abt an hou

Back