Music you have thrown into the trash can

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
lets be real we have had records or music that we just haul out to the trash ASAP and can't believe what we ever saw in it in the first place. so have you ever tossed music into the trash can or have you found music in a trash can?? speak on it.

With no disrespect...Gangster rap, most country and Opera...

Not really. Music I don't like I generally donate to the Half Price Books/Music store. I'm sure someone might appriciate it if they found it there. I've donated all kinds of music to strange soundtracks to rap music to "punk rock" to classical music.

I'd feel really bad just throwing an album away, no matter how much I hated it. If I have music I don't like I usually give it to someone or sell it.

I really didn't throw any of my music albums away. Not that I can remember any way. But I will admit back in December of 1993 I almost did thrown my Dangerous cassette tape out. It was right after I heard what LaToya has said about her brother. Because I 13 years old and still quite upset over what was going on with Michael at the time. But something told me not to throw it out which of course I didn't.

i've thrown lots of albums into the trash can lol. i dont wanna say what kind of music it was in case i offend anyone. at the time i didnt know there were stores that buy music and when i found out i was upset i didnt sell it instead of just throwing it away

I'd feel really bad just throwing an album away, no matter how much I hated it. If I have music I don't like I usually give it to someone or sell it.

Yeah, I know, So true! :D
Even if I can't give it away or recommend it to others, I just hold on to it.:lol:

It's kinda like how you're taught to respect books & other valuable forms of expression. It's not even about whether or not you 'like' the music or artist in question. But rather, an issue of how not showing reverence will disrespect those who paid the price for our freedoms of expression.

Well, I didn't throw it away but I nearly did until my brother told me that he would have it, and that was my Fugee double album. I am not used to people swearing so much in my house and I could believe there was so much F.u.c.k you's in that one album. I just couldn't listen to it.

oh yeaahhhh..back in the nineties there was this group whose name i forget.(appropriately)..they were a one hit wonder. and it was my signal never to be a slave to the radio again. i don't know what i saw in the group, but they kept being played on the radio, so i thought it was a good song for that reason only:wacko:

anyway, i went to see them in concert, and i went to get their autograph and they ran from me, and didn't want to give it, and they were as rude as their 'music' was loud.

i immediately went home and slammed that poor excuse for a cd in the trash. and the group was never heard from again. so, it wasn't just me...they were really terrible.

there was another group that they opened for, who were just as rude. and they now perform at charity functions, and don't have any more hits. actually i wouldn't call them charity functions...more like ur average wedding band, except for they do it for some missions, that are corrupt, these days..but..i digress. i guess this group thinks they're still celebrities. i never got as far as buyin their cd, thank God.

Last edited:
i threw out my Bad and Dangerous cassette tapes out after they came on cd.....tapes suck to rewind and and blah.... it was so annoying back then.

now i wish i could have kept them to show my kids that when i was little in the early 90s thats what we had. but whatever now.

Okay .. huge confession..

Back when I first became a hardcore christian, all, and I do mean ALL, my music went into the garbage as well as all my music VHS'. God, I am such a sore, pathetic excuse for a life. :/

Okay .. huge confession..

Back when I first became a hardcore christian, all, and I do mean ALL, my music went into the garbage as well as all my music VHS'. God, I am such a sore, pathetic excuse for a life. :/

but why though ? :unsure: i'm a christian too but i've never thrown any music away because of my faith

:lmao: I think you're all taking it literally.... :lol:

I've "trashed" or deleted or heaps of songs in the past :lol:

let me think ^_^

a lot of boy bands and gangsta rap and I conciously don't purchase country :lol:

hmm yeah but i thought that was in the old times.....
some still teach it and whatnot because a lot of music today is thought of as secular and can 'cause one to go into hallucination/hynosis so they cannot think clear and become a tool for satan to use.' etc. etc. hey, that's their words! Not mine.

Last edited:
I didn't throw it out, but I did get rid of all my Christina Aguilera cds (I used to be a huge fan), and my N'Sync and DC Talk cds. I also (shamefully) used to own the self titled cd from Ricky Martin - that also went to Goodwill. :lol:

many years ago I found a tape at street named "Hellraiser", somebody has throw it away I think, so I took it home.. it was a mix from 1993, very good stuff, later I discovered it was a recording of a cd named "Hellraiser The Final Connection", still one of my favorite non-mj cd's!

Last edited:
but why though ? :unsure: i'm a christian too but i've never thrown any music away because of my faith

Stop the presses. Roxanne does not understand something that goes on in the world. This is compelling stuff.

i never throw albums away even if i dont like it any more or dont listen to it
lol i still have the psice girls from when i was 7/8 :lol: - and dont listen to them any more though!!

I never throw anything away. I still have "kiddie" records from when I was little such as Sesame Street and things like that.

I threw out my Justin Timberlake Justified cd, but only because it was so scratched it wouldn't play anymore. :)

I threw out all my Michael Jackson CD's. What the hell was i thinking when i bought that crap

If you can't figure out that that was sarcasam, slap yourself right now

I threw away Backstreet boys, Spice girls, Rickey MArtin.... and my aunt's boyfriend at the time had a daughter who had a Britney Spears Cd, since I didn't see her ever again I decided to throw it away, it was scratched BTW.. lol i was never a big BS fan anyways.

Back