New Album: Is it real or not?

roiklow

Proud Member
Due to the recent official press release of Thriller 25, I'm starting to have my doubts about a new album for 2008. All the rumors all the information about new songs new album and all that were in fact all related to Thriller 25?

Please I, we, need answers.

There is NO DOUBT that Michael is working on a new album. WHEN released. We don't know. The reason we say 2008 is because taking from what we KNOW OF the album that is what it is LOOKING like.

Michael has said he's working on an album. Even at the WMA's he was asked by media. "So, when are we going to get a new Michael Jackson album?" And he responded by saying that he's working on it now, and he's writting most of the songs himself...

lol thriller 25 is not the new album. its just a remix album with some unreleased tracks from the thriller era. thats all. the new album will be totally NEW.

Yes Michael is working on a new album and I believe he is not doing anything and telling anything about the release because he wants to tease us!

I think Michael planned to have the album released early
'08 but now will use THRILLER: 25th Anniversary as a tool of promotion first.. THEN promote and release his NEW album.

Thriller 25 aint the new Album all it is, is Unreleased Songs from Thriller and some Mixes and Videos

Everyone from Michael Jackson, to Raymone, to Will.i.am, to Ne-Yo, to Kanye West, to Akon have mentioned that Michael is working on a NEW album. There has only ever been that one idiot "gossip" columnist who has said otherwise, and even he has recently changed his mind on the subject.

Yes, the new album IS real. And something tells me we won't have to wait to much to listen to it ^_^:p

I think its real this time ( i hope ) cause like in the recent years so many times michael promise that he is workin on new things and there will be new materials but still nothing ( do you remember the Katrina song I said at that time that i dont think there will be a song and most of the ppl here attack me when i said that there is no song ) but this time i think the album is real someone close to michael ( workin with him but i dont know if he still workin for him now ) told me before that he is workin for real on the new album

Due to the recent official press release of Thriller 25, I'm starting to have my doubts about a new album for 2008. All the rumors all the information about new songs new album and all that were in fact all related to Thriller 25?

Please I, we, need answers.

Who are you asking?:mello:

And who are asking: I.........or we?:huh:

Will i. am as a FACT stated they were working on NEW songs
not Re-mixes - There will be a 25th Anniversary Thriller Album
and also a new studio Album ... Mj is not going to just throw
us a bunch of re-mixes and unrelaesed material -
sheesh have some RESPECT and FAITH ..
MJ just needed to get his house in order after his
terrible ordeal - He waited for the PERFECT Timing
and sooner might have created more problems.

MJ knows waht he is doing - He has been in this
game for over 40 yrs _ He is the MASTER and knows
how to promote himself - The mystery and secrecy
is part of the mystic and promotion - he has ALWAYS
done it this way - but newbies may not know or How
he markets himself - He is the best at THIS

AKON publically stated they are going to shake the world
with his NEW material ...

I think there is a album even though we haven,t heard it from him. Michael is doing something i assume its a new album but who knows ,what ever it is it will knock our socks off .:D

It will be out in July '08 I'm pretty sure.. But the first single must be out in May.

Last edited:
I was actually so happy to hear will.i.am and Kanye West are doing remixes for Thriller 25. Because that tells me that any work they've done with Mike was just for Thriller 25, not the new album. Hopefully.

Look, I don't mind will.i.am or Kanye West, but them producing Michael's music seems so wrong to me. They are very new to the music industry. Michael's been going for nearly 40 years, professionally. will.i.am's only been around about 10 years and Kanye West even shorter. They are still learning. Michael has already learned a lot about the music and its industry and he learned it from the best. It just seem like the apprentice teaching the master. When it should be the other way around.

What I'm saying is, if all the reports we've been hearing for the last year have been related to Thriller 25, not a new album, then that's good thing. I'd rather Michael let current hip-hop artists/producers remix his old songs then to have them current hip-hop producers mess up any chance of Michael releasing a good new studio album. Atleast his old songs are already set in stone. No matter how bad Kanye West or will.i.am destroy them in the remixes, the originals by Michael are still alive and well on the original album. I'd rather there be no new album than a bad one produced by today's news, tomorrow's trash.

Last edited:
AW: New Album: Is it real or not?

Maybe it was just a rumor but I think I read somewhere that Raymone
Bains talked about several single releases of new material before actually putting a new album on the market. I also remember she talked about the end of this year, so it seems to be a rumor.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong. I think it was about three or four months ago.

I just hope it will be out sometime next year, but who knows!

NowhereSeven

Michael is indeed releasing a new album.

"Thriller 25" is just part of the procedure of re-introducing the legacy and influence of Michael to the general, young demographic.

After that, Michael releases new material :)

will.i.am has stated on a video feed for MJJforum (MJJC's origins) that he's happy to work on MICHAEL JACKSONS COMEBAKC RECORD..

here's the video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u96xGi1BLTw

He's stated SEVERAL places/interviews that he's working on it.. Has even stated a few title tracks that COULD make it on the album.

Back in 2006 Michael himself said he's writting most of the songs for his new album.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dFiyoMOPgLI
@ 4:02-4:07

Q: Have you started recording new material?
A: Yes
Q: How's it going so far?
A: Excelent

4:43-5:00
Q:Who are you going to be working with?
A: Oh I'm just putting it together, mainly writting it myself and.. some other people.

There's another vid I cannot find on youtube right now, but at WMA he was asked when we'll here a new album from Michael Jackson. and he says. "I'm working on it now"

If this is not ENOUGH to satisfy the fact he IS recording a new album, IDK what is..

I can guarantee that Michael is working with the new album, it's almost ready.. I base my info on how many new tracks Michael has already recorded in 1-2 years. And in addition to that those are NEW tracks, not the outtakes from Thriller we know from the name. Some of those new tracks were demoed for Invincible but he will put them on this new album because they fit into.

will.i.am has stated on a video feed for MJJforum (MJJC's origins) that he's happy to work on MICHAEL JACKSONS COMEBAKC RECORD..

here's the video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u96xGi1BLTw

He's stated SEVERAL places/interviews that he's working on it.. Has even stated a few title tracks that COULD make it on the album.

Back in 2006 Michael himself said he's writting most of the songs for his new album.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dFiyoMOPgLI
@ 4:02-4:07

Q: Have you started recording new material?
A: Yes
Q: How's it going so far?
A: Excelent

4:43-5:00
Q:Who are you going to be working with?
A: Oh I'm just putting it together, mainly writting it myself and.. some other people.

There's another vid I cannot find on youtube right now, but at WMA he was asked when we'll here a new album from Michael Jackson. and he says. "I'm working on it now"

If this is not ENOUGH to satisfy the fact he IS recording a new album, IDK what is..

Thanks for providing the links and references.

I think people are letting Roger Friedman get under their skin.

michael said in the ebony interview he is in the studio every day,so he is working on the new album.but i don't know-when Thriller wil be out?

Thriller 25 will be first.. THEN the album.. I think he'll use Thriller to open the door for the COMEBACK.. U know, get people looking/talking. Then suprize them with something GREAT and NEW

Last edited:
He's definitely releasing a new album and I can't wait! I remember hearing Invincible after that looong wait and I was totally amazed by the new sound - I'm sure it will be the same now, only better - hopefully ppl will realize it's greatness.

Back