New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

Even though Beatles have been released in Denmark HMH is still #1 here.

It's #3 in Finland :D That's all I know hah.

Did anyone ask Akon on twitter is it him or Michael who whispers in the end?

Akon slams will.i.am's MJ griping\
By WENN.COM

Last Updated: November 16, 2010 10:51am

Akon (WENN.COM file photo) R&B star Akon has hit back at will.i.am's criticism of the posthumous Michael Jackson album - he's convinced the upcoming record is keeping the King Of Pop's "legacy alive".

The Smack That hitmaker's collaboration with Jackson, Hold My Hand, has been unveiled as the first single from Michael, which is set to hit shelves in December.

The Black Eyed Peas frontman - who also recorded with Jackson before his untimely death - admitted earlier this week he is furious about the project, insisting the Thriller legend would never want fans to hear his songs without his approval.

But Akon "honestly disagrees" with the rapper's opinion, as he believes Jackson wanted his music to be enjoyed.

He tells TMZ.com, "I don't see anything disrespectful about it... these albums would have come out if (Jackson) was alive or dead so I think this helps to keep his legacy alive."

The posthumous album also features tracks recorded with 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2010/11/16/16165606-wenn-story.html

And NY Post is pretty tabloidish! So, yay! :dancin:

...but then why can't people in NY buy it? :(

I don't know, is that some sort of "creating demand" strategy by Sony? Stream the song, make people want it, let them wait and then let them buy it? Not sure. They are certainly putting the single release date closer to the entire album release date- which could make sense, I guess.

It makes sense- since people who pre-order "Michael" through michaeljackson.com get a free download of "Hold My Hand".They didn't advertise the "free HMH download with preorder of album", so they must hope for word of mouth or something.

By WENN.COM

Akon (WENN.COM file photo) R&B star Akon has hit back at will.i.am's criticism of the posthumous Michael Jackson album - he's convinced the upcoming record is keeping the King Of Pop's "legacy alive".

The Smack That hitmaker's collaboration with Jackson, Hold My Hand, has been unveiled as the first single from Michael, which is set to hit shelves in December.

The Black Eyed Peas frontman - who also recorded with Jackson before his untimely death - admitted earlier this week he is furious about the project, insisting the Thriller legend would never want fans to hear his songs without his approval.

But Akon "honestly disagrees" with the rapper's opinion, as he believes Jackson wanted his music to be enjoyed.

He tells TMZ.com, "I don't see anything disrespectful about it... these albums would have come out if (Jackson) was alive or dead so I think this helps to keep his legacy alive."

The posthumous album also features tracks recorded with 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2010/11/16/16165606-wenn-story.html

I actually agree with Akon. Of course Michael always wanted to give his approval before songs were released, but he's not here anymore. I'm sure he never thought that would happen. I believe he would have wanted us to hear it, especially knowing how much it means to all of us, and it is keeping his legacy alive and creating new fans.

I wish we could get an update on the iTunes ratings, but unfortunately it hasn't even been released in US, Canada or the UK. :no:

I was happy that when I heard HMH today it was played until the very end, the whispering :)

Still #3 in Finland.

I don't know, is that some sort of "creating demand" strategy by Sony? Stream the song, make people want it, let them wait and then let them buy it?

You know, I actually thought about that too. And premature reviews can make or break something too. You know how sheeple like to look to the media to see what their opinion is before they can come up with one on their own. So, in this case, it's good that it's getting talked up, getting all of this good hype before it's released. Hopefully people will go "Omigoodness, if TMZ says it's awesome then I have to have it!" LoL. :smilerolleyes:

By WENN.COM

God, "journalists". :smilerolleyes:

If you watch the interview that's streaming on TMZ, Akon didn't "slam" anybody. The opposite. He stood there very calmy and simply said he thinks that he thinks it's okay to release the albums. Nobody got "slammed" unless I have a different interpretation what "slamming someone" means.

Man, these people, always looking for the strangest headlines.

You know, I actually thought about that too. And premature reviews can make or break something too. You know how sheeple like to look to the media to see what their opinion is before they can come up with one on their own. So, in this case, it's good that it's getting talked up, getting all of this good hype before it's released. Hopefully people will go "Omigoodness, if TMZ says it's awesome then I have to have it!" LoL. :smilerolleyes:

Oh, another thing that I just realized- it's the hype first. Then they release HMH much closer to the album release- as in "you like the single, well, of course- buy the album."

Also, Sony might try to reap the entire post-Thanksgiving Market particularly in the US- US consumers are sort of "expected" (at least they are being told so every god.damn.year) to start their Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving.

All in all you could call all of that a sales strategy. Build the hype leading up to make Christmas sales. Thanksgiving is coming up shortly- and after that people start buying their stuff.

God, "journalists". :smilerolleyes:

If you watch the interview that's streaming on TMZ, Akon didn't "slam" anybody. The opposite. He stood there very calmy and simply said he thinks that he thinks it's okay to release the albums. Nobody got "slammed" unless I have a different interpretation what "slamming someone" means.

Man, these people, always looking for the strangest headlines.

This.
Sometimes I think it would be good to create a media dictionary.
"disagree" means "slam"
"officially released" means "surfaced"
"to say" means "to reveal"
"tell the story" means "open up"
And so on, and so on.

This.
Sometimes I think it would be good to create a media dictionary.
"disagree" means "slam"
"officially released" means "surfaced"
"to say" means "to reveal"
"tell the story" means "open up"
And so on, and so on.

Next thing you know you have a "rivalry" between Will and Akon that none of them knows about. If they were female it would be labeled "cat fight" by know.

Oh, "to tell" or "to say" in "journalist" speech is also:

-to admit

-to confess

A shimmer of tears is "breaking down."

Okay, if Will.I.AM is "griping" is debatable :D, but I thought he just voiced his opinion, just as Akon did.

"Rabbi Schmuley said he's gonna find me the perfect woman. I say okay, as long as it's not a journalist!" -MJ...-_-

iTunes update...

Austria #17
Belgium #38
Denmark #1
Finland #3
France #13
Germany #6
Greece #25
Ireland #31
Italy #4
Luxembourg #30
Netherlands #9
Norway #7
Spain #3
Sweden #1
Switzerland #31

Oh, another thing that I just realized- it's the hype first. Then they release HMH much closer to the album release- as in "you like the single, well, of course- buy the album."

Also, Sony might try to reap the entire post-Thanksgiving Market particularly in the US- US consumers are sort of "expected" (at least they are being told so every god.damn.year) to start their Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving.

All in all you could call all of that a sales strategy. Build the hype leading up to make Christmas sales. Thanksgiving is coming up shortly- and after that people start buying their stuff.

I sure hope this is right. It sounds right. I'm not in advertising, promotions, sales, etc, so I dunno what the best plan of action is. So, I'll just trust whatever plan they have. I just hope to God they actually have one! All of their attention needs to be on this. :angel:

iTunes update...

Austria #17
Belgium #38
Denmark #1
Finland #3
France #13
Germany #6
Greece #25
Ireland #31
Italy #4
Luxembourg #30
Netherlands #9
Norway #7
Spain #3
Sweden #1
Switzerland #31

thank you keep posting these:) BTW the album on amazon is 22!!!!!!!

Honors for the Youtube video:

#5 - Most Discussed (Today))
#1 - Most Discussed (Today)) - Music
#7 - Most Discussed (This Week)) - Music
#70 - Most Discussed (This Month)) - Music
#6 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Germany
#7 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Australia
#13 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Canada
#3 - Most Viewed (Today)) - United Kingdom
#13 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Ireland
#20 - Most Viewed (Today)) - India
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - New Zealand
#13 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Israel
#1 - Most Viewed (Today))
#5 - Most Viewed (Today)) - South Africa
#48 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Argentina
#11 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Spain
#39 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Mexico
#9 - Most Viewed (Today)) - France
#23 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Italy
#63 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Japan
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - South Korea
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Netherlands
#8 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Poland
#8 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Brazil
#106 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Russia
#93 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Hong Kong
#127 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Taiwan
#16 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Czech Republic
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Sweden
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Germany
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Australia
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Canada
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - United Kingdom
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Ireland
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - India
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - New Zealand
#3 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Israel
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - South Africa
#29 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Argentina
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Spain
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Mexico
#5 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - France
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Italy
#6 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Japan
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - South Korea
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Netherlands
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Poland
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Brazil
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Russia
#12 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Hong Kong
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Taiwan
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Czech Republic
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Sweden
#1 - Top Favorited (Today))
#1 - Top Favorited (Today)) - Music
#8 - Top Rated (Today))
#1 - Top Rated (Today)) - Music
#55 - Top Rated (This Week))
#3 - Top Rated (This Week)) - Music
#90 - Top Rated (This Month)) - Music

Awesomeee!!! :wild::wild::wild: And Sweden too? Err... haha, joking :cheeky: Great guys! :clapping:

Finland is following the trend, HMH #3 at the moment!!!

We listened to it today at work (different station than yesterday) and my co-workers loved it as well!

Can't wait to see the video, too! When was the release date for it? :)

BTW did someone ask Akon on twitter which one of them whispers in the end?

Sweden WOW ... this is great ... & Denmark much Love!!!​

tumblr_lbzb0i6on81qcpsldo1_400.jpg

Awesome! Well done!! :clapping::clapping:

When DOES promotion for Hold My Hand start??

I don't know when the song will be released on iTunes in the US but I did just go to the Apple website and request that they add the song to their market for purchase. Time will tell I guess.

Back