Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

lol the gobstoppers, used to have them when i was lil....*sighs the memories :)

tim tams are addictive..
I blame them for the extra 10kgs I have to carry on my flight next week......

Passes both of you some gobstoppers, runts and reeses pb cups :D

Vargak... you need to take some Timtams WITH you on that very long flight! Did you get a book to read on the way? If not we need to go book hunting before you go!

Passes both of you some gobstoppers, runts and reeses pb cups :D

Vargak... you need to take some Timtams WITH you on that very long flight! Did you get a book to read on the way? If not we need to go book hunting before you go!

dont talk about Tim Tams...I just picked up not one...but..oh Lord help me resist temptation..2 packs of them ..OK 1.5 half :)
and talking about food I must say...the best strawberries of the world are in Oz! Take it from me I have had them across Europe and Asia...Oz Strawberries - QLD ones to be precise rulez :)

No, I am not taking books...I will be buying them along the way..I need space...I need to buy books in Germany...and in London.....so I am not allowed to take books.. :( As a matter of fact I am not allowed to buy any more books (but what the heck.) there is hardly any space left at home to store them....me and my book addiction is famous....I might need to seek professional help...
as a matter of fact I am already eyeing on 2 English copies of The Dancing the Dream and 2 German copies...that is already an extra 5kgs...those books are heavy....

Instead I will bore myself on these flights with catching up on movies, sleep, listen to music and try to "develop my artistic abilities" (those non-abilities - eg doodle :)

Ah yes, those non abilities of yours, I think the abilities are there you just haven't tapped into them yet.... take the drawing pads with you and the pensils...no time like the present to start an addiction to drawing and doodling, or maybe a bit of writing? :)

Who are you flying? Hopefully the movie selection will be good. It was very good on Air NZ when I flew from LAX to Auckland. I ended up watching three of them.

PS: How many copies of Dancing The Dream? Jeez! I want one! LOL You are the one who got me hooked on his writings!! :D

Gosh I am flying across the globe!

OK..I am starting with Cathay Pacific to HongKong then over to Lufhansa to Munich..then BA to London..
then a bit of trains in the UK
then JET2 from Manchester
then a side-trip with Lufthansa to Hannover - to visit a pal
then returning with MALEV to Frankfurt then Lufthansa again to somewhere in Asia..and then Singapore Airlines back here..

8 flights....in 3 weeks....talk about being jet lagged when I get back...

New season Australian idol starts TOMORROW! Who's going to watch it?

I haven't followed a season since Vile Sandilands became a judge, but I might give this one a go. Lets hope that he gets fired over this rape scandal :smilerolleyes:

ME ME ME!!! im gonna watch it

not a reality TV show fan :)

Melbourne Fans! go to the Queen Vic market when you get a chance, there's some totally kickass MJ t-shirts for sale in the market. One stall are carriers of all retro style gear and they've come up with some very funky looking MJ shirts.
Sizes are up to L (I'm an XL so I missed out).

I saw 3 other stalls carrying some RIP shirts as well (not so much my thing)

New season Australian idol starts TOMORROW! Who's going to watch it?

I haven't followed a season since Vile Sandilands became a judge, but I might give this one a go. Lets hope that he gets fired over this rape scandal :smilerolleyes:

Totally agree with the stupidity of the judging... havent watched one through in aaages.
I'm sick of judges letting poor singers through, never making any comments about musicality or vocal ability, and the way the show praises the mediocre for being accessable or havign a "touching" story... and not to mention the Vile Sandilands...

That said Kyle shouldnt be fired over the rape thing. Clearly the mother is the one who shouldnt even be able to own a dog, let alone be responsible for the emotional well being of her severely violated daughter for needs a lot of love :(

YESS!!! KYLE'S BEEN DUMPED FROM AUSTRALIAN IDOL!

Starsecret, I absolutely think the mother's to blame for what happened, but Kyle and Jackie O weren't exactly innocent in all of this. They saw what the questions were going to be, they approved it and Kyle kept questioning her even after she admitted she was raped. Lets be honest, Vile doesn't have the best track record, he's one of the nastiest people in aus show business. This was just the last straw IMO..

Can't believe how massively the Australian media is blowing out of proportion what happened with Kyle and Jackie O!!

If it's anyone's fault, it's the producer's of their show, they're supposed to do their research on guests before they come on the show...

I'm not a Kyle Sandilands supporter (are there any!? lol) but the guy has done no wrong...

Can't believe how massively the Australian media is blowing out of proportion what happened with Kyle and Jackie O!!

If it's anyone's fault, it's the producer's of their show, they're supposed to do their research on guests before they come on the show...

I'm not a Kyle Sandilands supporter (are there any!? lol) but the guy has done no wrong...

Mmm... I still think the mother is the worst. She knew before everyone else her daughter had been raped. She should have called a therapist. NOT a radio station.

Mother is the bottom of the barrel scum.. she knew and still went ahead with it
Kyle and Jackie O r responsible for there segments so they are to blame for that and Kyle with his "is that the only time" comment is just beyond ridicules. BUT i still say it sounds fishy

IM SO HAPPY THAT KYLE HAS BEEN DUMPED FROM IDOL!! :wild:

I know its sounds a bit mean, but i've been praying that they will dump him somehow. I really dont think he truly belonged there.

Did the show start yet? I'll have to take a peek at an episode just to watch this guy. That whole radio thing has made such huge news. The only person I have any sympathy for is the girl. What a way to admit something like that happened to you... on the air with so many listening :(

IM SO HAPPY THAT KYLE HAS BEEN DUMPED FROM IDOL!! :wild:

I know its sounds a bit mean, but i've been praying that they will dump him somehow. I really dont think he truly belonged there.
I think it's bullcrap that Kyle was fired from Idol. He was funny as hell on that show. He didn't really do anything wrong. How was he supposed to know that girl got raped? And he didn't even ask the question, the girl's mother did. We are getting very tight-arsed in this country. First Matty Johns is fired from the Footy Show and Channel Nine for having group sex, now Kyle and Jackie-O have been fired for an incident that happened on their radio show that they had no control over. With the huge uproar over this incident you'd think the girl was actually raped on the show by Kyle. It's ridiculous.

I don't think Kyle and Jackie O have been fired. From what I heard, Austereo is forcing them to put a 7 second delay on their show... Kyle's against it and is refusing to do the show. He's just having a tanti :smilerolleyes:

Everyone on the show had a chance to review the questions before they went on air. Even if the girl wasn't raped, it's unacceptable to force her to answer questions about her sex life and drug use in front of the country. And Kyle did question her also, he asked her "have you have any other sexual experiences?" after she admitted she was raped.

..........In the wake of sowballing criticism it has failed to curtail the worst of Sandilands boofhead routine on air, Austereo bosses are believed to have insisted on enforcing a seven-second delay on his return to the breakfast program this week.

But the star, "angry and frustrated" by the backlash, resisted the move, telling management he would be "unable to perform his duties on-air".

Reacting to the refusal, Austereo announced it was putting both presenters and the show's production staff "into recess until we have completed an across-the-networks review of the principals and protocols of our interaction with our audience."

The station's spin went up a notch yesterday with fill-in host Chris Page, regarded in the industry as a wannabe Kyle, paying a saccharine homage to Sandilands.

The Vaseline-lensed approach glossed over claims that last week's stunt amounted to child abuse, instead revisiting audio of Sandilands giving out prizes to charity, then reading his wedding vows to his pop singer wife Tamara Jaber.

The couple are understood to have flown back into Sydney from Queenstown, New Zealand, on Sunday afternoon and are now bunkered down in their Hunters Hill rented home.

Jackie O is rumoured to be hiding out in her Wattamolla retreat, near Kangaroo Valley...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225757589660

This is the guy who left Big Brother a few hours after he entered, because they wouldn't let him have more coffee. He's a whiney little kid and good riddance to him!

I think it's bullcrap that Kyle was fired from Idol. He was funny as hell on that show. He didn't really do anything wrong. How was he supposed to know that girl got raped? And he didn't even ask the question, the girl's mother did. We are getting very tight-arsed in this country. First Matty Johns is fired from the Footy Show and Channel Nine for having group sex, now Kyle and Jackie-O have been fired for an incident that happened on their radio show that they had no control over. With the huge uproar over this incident you'd think the girl was actually raped on the show by Kyle. It's ridiculous.

Kyle was/ and never wil be funny. He is an ignorant fool, who needs someone to slap him!

I didn't agree with the Matty Johns firing... what he does in his own privacy is his own business.

Kyle though shouldn't have continued with the interview after she admitted to being raped... that's just poor business/unprofessional on his behalf.

oopps I have managed to live for 19moths in Sydney without listening to the Kyle and Jackie O show for 1 minute....
but as far as I can see the ozzie media loves to chew on a topic endlessly...utegate...and that footballer with the sXX scandal before....goes on and on...and on.
come on folks! the sun is shining! go outside and enjoy spring! :)

oh no they DIDNT just water down the most important song of MJ's career on Dancing with the Stars.... oh and did they drop the K word????

oh no they DIDNT just water down the most important song of MJ's career on Dancing with the Stars.... oh and did they drop the K word????

Oh no you DIDN'T just admit to watching dancing with the stars LOL

But I didn't see it, what happened? :scratch:

Hahaha touche`!
My mum watches it, I ran in the room cos I heard They Dont Care About Us

The sang it for the backing to a samba routine and I swear that they said k*ke! But they cut and paste the rest of the lyrics to fit into the short space...
I dunno... hearing a song with such a strong message being used so frivilously kinda annoyed me

Was it just me or did it seem like we were all in the middle of a hurricane last night??? Jeez! I didn't get a lot of sleep after like 3am because of all the racket going on outside. Does that happen often? I may need earplugs....

yeh the wind and everything has been crazy!

Haha I love how you both comment on the wind when you live in Melbourne and Sydney :p
Or was it just really windy last night everywhere hehe.

I'm a new Aussie to this thread! I live in Sydney :) :) Lovely to be here!

Eeek, I'm trying to go walking 5 days a week but seeing all the trees outside going psycho.. what a way to demotivate a person :lol:

And welcome to the club gonetoosoon!

Back