'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus'(BooK) - Oct. 27th Last day for discounted Price!

it says that it ships out on dec 7, but do we really get it til 12/25? I don't know why it should take that long after paying 25 dollars for shipping.

Re: Michael's Opus book on the "Today" show

The video on that site is quite old. The design of the opus has changed now!!!!!

Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus'(BooK) - Oct. 27th Last day for discounted Price!

Can't believe I just ordered this....

Ooow that will be fantaaastic !!!
I can't wait to have it *-*

Can´t wait to get my hands on this special item!!!!

Can´t wait to get my hands on this special item!!!!

LOL, you should reconsider it:rofl:
I dont know if i will have the strenght to put me hands on that precious book:D

Sooooooooooooooo close now!!!!

Anyone else saw it? it looks so AMAZING!!! i forgot the name of the person that was on the show but he said that Michael wanted two books, one for the "This Is It" concerts and another one about his life. He also mentioned that he will be presenting the book to Prince, Paris and Blanket and that the book has been approved by the estate :)

That's wonderful; I'm glad the kids will be getting it.

The OPUS book for the TII concerts would have been amazing. I'm leaning towards getting this for Christmas; I think other things might have to wait. :lol:

I didn't order this.. will it be available for sale IN stores? *wants*

Does anyone know the best place to order this now please?

I am so looking forward to getting this! I remember ordering it thinking it seemed a lifetime away, and now it's only a couple of weeks or so away!

I just can't wait to get mine!! I hope it really arrives for Christmas, will be the best present for me...

i hope it comes in stores :yes: :)

Vestal native's artwork to be the cover of Michael Jackson tribute book
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20091129/NEWS01/911290348

The figurative-style silhouette dancing across a red background is immediately recognizable as Michael Jackson.

The artwork on the cover of a soon-to-be released international tribute to the King of Pop was drawn by Nate Giorgio, a 1979 graduate of Vestal High School who often found himself in Jackson's inner circle during a 25-year collaboration that documented the pop icon's career in art.

"It's a drawing I did for the book," said Giorgio, 48, whose parents still live in Vestal. "It's a simple drawing, but it captures the essence of him."

The leather-bound book, "The Official Michael Jackson OPUS," will be released Dec. 7 with a hefty $249 price tag.

About a dozen of Giorgio's drawings and paintings of Jackson are included in the book, as well as various illustrations.

In time, Giorgio expects the 404-page book -- which measures 13 by 18 inches and weighs 38 pounds -- to become the definitive tribute to the legendary singer. The book is the only tribute officially endorsed by Jackson's estate after the singer's death.

Besides a dozen full-page drawings of Jackson, Giorgio also contributed some personal letters to the book. In particular, Giorgio recalled a handwritten thank-you note after he had called the singer to express concern when Jackson was sick.

"He just said he appreciated my call; he was that kind of guy," said Giorgio, who last saw Jackson about a month before the singer died June 25 at the age of 50. "I wish the public could have seen that side of him."

The book has contributions from others who knew Jackson, including Motown founder Berry Gordy, Paula Abdul, Smokey Robinson and Quincy Jones.

"We're really proud that his drawing is on the cover," said Neil Giorgio, Nate's father and a retired Security Mutual Insurance employee who lives in Vestal. "This is a big deal."

The younger Giorgio's association with Jackson began in the 1980s when the singer took a liking to the local artist's work. The then-fledgling artist had mailed some portraits to the singer while still living in Vestal. Jackson invited Giorgio to his home in California to talk and do artwork.

24vvfpu.jpg

Nate Giorgio, right, a Vestal native, was a friend and professional artist for legendary singer Michael Jackson. Giorgio did the artwork for the cover on the only tribute to the King of Pop authorized by Jackson's estate.

Gradually, Giorgio earned Jackson's confidence as an artist and friend. Through the years, Jackson commissioned Giorgio to do artwork, including paintings, posters and illustrations for the book "Dancing the Dream." Some of Giorgio's artwork was displayed at the Neverland ranch.

In the past several weeks, Giorgio has been interviewed by national media outlets about Jackson and the tribute book. In the current issue of Rolling Stone magazine, Giorgio recalled Jackson asking him to do a "Superhero" painting based on a Superman drawing. The handwritten note and the drawing are included in the OPUS book.

When the singer died, he and Giorgio were working on murals Jackson wanted of himself and his children walking through a forest.

About his days in Vestal, Giorgio said "small town" life instilled a motivation to set high goals, but also required working harder to get noticed than someone who was raised in Los Angeles.

In 1996, Vestal added Giorgio to the school's Hall of Fame.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

so that's means that is going to realse in stors on that day? or i missunstood :thinking:

I hope it comes before the 21st...If not I won't be home and I won't get to see it for a whole month..:-((
Does anyone know where it ships from? If it's in the States then even if they send it by 'snail mail' it shouldn't take more than a week for America, right? *prays*

It is actually less, than 250$ if you go through ticketmaster. It is 225$ + 28$ delivery, 253$ alltogether. Through the website for uk/us, it is 250$ + 25$ delivery, alltogether 274$.

I am more than happy to pay 25USD extra to avoid working with Ticketmaster again...thanks for the "experience" with the tickets never again...talk about NPS there..

is this true that is coming in stores?

wow, right around the corner. i can't wait!

I hope it comes before the 21st...If not I won't be home and I won't get to see it for a whole month..:-((
Does anyone know where it ships from? If it's in the States then even if they send it by 'snail mail' it shouldn't take more than a week for America, right? *prays*

I guess it ships from UK, cause the OPUS store is in UK..

ah, i didn´t preorder it..it isn´t too late is it? I just don´t get the discount, right? I´ll cry if I wont be able to buy it :(

EDIT: I was just at the OPUS page, I see it´s not too late.. but I can´t believe that if I chose to pay with dollars, I save a ridicilous amount of money then if I pay with pounds..and I thought the british pounds were so low now and that that would be the smartest thing, but im guessing not.

Last edited:

I guess it ships from UK, cause the OPUS store is in UK..
I think it's ships(or posts, as they say in the UK) from England. I just hope they pack it well so it doesn't get messed up while traveling across the pond.

I think they start shipping on December 7th and they said the latest you'll get it is 25th if you preorder.

I just called the Times book store who I ordered mine from and they said it will be delivered by December 14th :D

Another thing for people living in the US who ordered this book, If it ships from the UK, is it possible we'll have to pay an import tax since this is an expensive item?

I sure hope not...

I think it's ships(or posts, as they say in the UK) from England. I just hope they pack it well so it doesn't get messed up while traveling across the pond.

I'm sure it will be well packed :D

Another thing for people living in the US who ordered this book, If it ships from the UK, is it possible we'll have to pay an import tax since this is an expensive item?

I sure hope not...

well, I don't know in your country, but here in Brazil, imported book is not taxed... I hope this rule applies to your country too!

is this true that this book is coming in stores or not? thinking?

Back