Paris Broke My Heart.

she is a strong, strong young lady.

But I'm not surprised, all the Jackson women are strong and Debbie also. She'll do a lot of good in this world when she's older :yes:

I absolutely believe what you say about doing a lot of good in this world - those kids have been brought up with the purest of love and devotion and I completely believe in Michael as a parent and them as children.

brave girl..she seemed to understand very well what was going on..michael is certainly proud and so am i..

I found her speaking very, very upsetting - it did break my heart. I'm glad she did it though, if she felt that she needed to speak. I feel very anxious for those children though: what is the point of Michael spending years covering their faces now that they have all been seen? It seems like their daddie's gone and now it's the end of their innocence. I don't want them to be 'fair game' for the papparazi. Poor children - they really did have the best daddy in the world.

She was so so brave and I totally broke down again seeing her pain. Michael will live on through his beautiful children. They had the best father in the world and no one will ever take their special memories away from them. I am so proud of Paris for her strength and her love for her daddy was felt all over the world.

It was beautiful moment, though it made me cry so hard. Paris is beautiful, brave girl. Michael had the most amazing children. May God bless them as they grow up.

Paris made me cry even harder when she started crying. That was most precious thing she's ever done. She was just so precious.

'I Love Him So Much': Paris Jackson's Heartfelt Goodbye

Mariah Carey's voice cracked in emotion during "I'll Be There." Brooke Shields broke down recalling Michael Jackson as the Little Prince. Even Usher took off his sunglasses, revealing how pained he was by the sight of Michael Jackson's brilliant gold casket on the floor of the Staples Center.
But the most indelible moment in the 2½-hr. memorial ceremony was the sight of Jackson's daughter Paris on the podium. The 11-year-old unexpectedly took the microphone and spoke for the first time to a worldwide audience, bidding her father farewell. (See pictures of people around the world mourning Jackson.)
"I just wanted to say, ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine," she said. "And I just wanted to say I love him so much."
With that the sobbing girl fell into the arms of her aunt Janet Jackson. Many of the 21,000 audience members audibly choked back tears. Some wept. (See pictures of places to honor Jackson's memory.)
"It broke me down," said Cynthia Moutin, 43, from Fremont, Calif. "When Paris spoke, when she called him 'Daddy' — that was the last straw."
"I've never seen a girl love her daddy as much as Paris loved Michael," longtime Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega told TIME, speaking about the emotional moment. "It wasn't planned. She was also his No. 1 fan. And it came through there." (See TIME's top 10 Michael Jackson moments.)
Michael's three children, who sat just feet away from his casket, have been the subject of intense curiosity and mystery throughout their short lives. The sons and daughter of the world's most intriguing and often bizarre performer, even their exact origins are a mystery. Before today, they have almost always worn masks or veils in the rare times they have been photographed.
But to the surprise of the memorial organizers, the children took front-row seats at an event broadcast live on every major network as well as around the world. And Paris' words made it abundantly clear that Jackson — a controversial subject in life and in death — was also someone's beloved father. (Hear TIME's top 10 Michael Jackson songs.)
Randy Phillips, CEO of promoter AEG Live, was directing events offstage when Paris took the microphone. "I lost it," he told TIME afterward. "I almost short-circuited my walkie-talkie crying into it. That made the whole thing personal."
"I didn't even know they were coming," said Ortega. "That surprised me. It was wonderful that the family felt they had the strength to get through this."
While the stage cameras kept away from the children, most eyes in the auditorium were fixed on the three in the front row next to their grandparents Katherine and Joe Jackson. Seven-year-old Prince Michael II, known as Blanket, held a Michael Jackson doll. Eldest son Michael Joseph Jr., 12, held the memorial program and chewed gum vigorously. Paris kept close to her grandmother.
The Rev. Al Sharpton addressed the children directly, after a surprisingly stirring speech on Jackson's cultural and race-relations impact that had the audience on its feet cheering. "There wasn't anything strange about your dad," he said, moving his eyes to the three. "What was strange was what he had to deal with." The children applauded along with the rest of the crowd.
Such moments of poignancy were there from the moment Jackson was carried into the auditorium, in a flower-draped casket on the backs of his brothers, to the sounds of stirring gospel music. While the casket appearance was not a total surprise, the effect on the audience was one of awe. Before a voice shouted, "I love you, Michael," the auditorium was positively still.
There were odd moments as well: acts, including the final number, that didn't work and unexplained delays. In fact, the family's private ceremony at Forest Lawn kept the televised world waiting half an hour past schedule. "I probably lost two inches of height over that [delay]," Phillips said.
But in the end, the memorial hit more right notes than wrong. "I gauge it from the reactions I got looking at the front row and looking into the rafters and seeing the fans," said Ortega. "I felt like we got a little closure today. We remembered our boy."
There was very little time to reflect once the lights went up after the ceremony. Ushers gently directed the audience to exits as black bunting was pulled from Velcro rail attachments. Scores of Staples Center workers snapped up folding chairs. The memorial set gave way to the Ringling Bros. Circus, with a new spotlight scheduled to go on in just a few hours. The circus elephants had been walked into holding facilities in the arena earlier in the morning, before the first memorial ticket holder was let in.
"Michael Jackson, if anyone, would have loved the irony of that," Phillips said.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1909197,00.html?imw=Y

Michael Jackson's children sat at a VIP table at the reception following his memorial.
Prince Michael, 12, 11-year-old Paris - who paid an emotional tribute to her father at the service yesterday (07.07.09) - and seven-year-old Prince Michael II, also known as 'Blanket', sat with 12 other children in The Grand Ballroom at Beverly Hills' Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
The kids' former nanny Grace Rwaramba was heard saying: "The kids are holding up really well. It's good for them to be around the other kids."
According to reports, the trio were sitting with cousins ranging in age from seven to 17, and spent much of the reception "playing and goofing around".
America's Us Weekly magazine reported: "Blanket appeared playful at the reception, tickling his cousins and tapping others on the shoulder and then running away."
At one point all the youths gathered to look at the programme from the ceremony which included pictures of Michael - who died aged 50 after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest last month.
The children were "polite and poised" and dealt well with the constant stream of well-wishers who came to greet them.
A musical quartet played soft music at the event, while guests ate mini-cheeseburgers, mini-crab cakes and a selection of cheeses.
A host of famous faces attended, including Corey Feldman - who attended the earlier memorial dressed as Michael - Usher, Wesley Snipes, Mariah Carey, Jesse Jackson, Spike Lee and 'Slumdog Millionaire' star Anil Kapoor.
Brooke Shields - who paid tribute to her friend Michael at the service - was also present, but seemed quiet and emotional.
Michael's siblings spent much of the reception talking to each other - although it has been claimed sister Janet distanced herself from the rest of the family - and numerous guests thanking them for coming.
Brother Jermaine was seen hugging several attendees, while sisters La Toya and Janet were also seen chatting to well-wishers.
Michael's parents Joe and Katherine spent time with Brooke, while Joe was also seen in conversation with Corey - who was estranged from the 'Smooth Criminal' singer at the time of his death.
Katherine - who is the temporary guardian of Michael's children - left with Prince, Paris and 'Blanket'.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1488603.php/Michael_Jacksons_VIP_kids

Aww i burst into tears when she spoke. What a lovely little girl, even though i thought she looked very mature and grown up. Shes a very brave girl! Her daddy would be proud. The words that she said were so beautiful, God bless you Paris! Such a sweety...

I didn't cry during the entire program...until Paris started to speak. OH MY GOD that just...did me in. :(

Reading about blanket's reaction at the reception reminds me of me and my sister at my grandmother's funeral. we were really all too young to understand exactly what was going on and goofed off a lot. it was fun.

of course then i got older and my grandfather passed and I was a wreck for months.

my heart still goes out to them and continues too. i just hope they dont have their lives turned upside down by all these rumours of biological parentage and custody battles. i'm a firm believer that no matter what "the law" says, it should be up to the family and THE CHILDREN who they live with, not some "judge" who thinks he knows what's best.

honestly, I think they (or at least Paris) should move in with Janet. She was so motherly yesterday, it was very sweet.

though part of me was a little upset at how much the family PUSHED her into speaking it seemed the whole "speak up" after she was stumbling for words (can you blame her) and adjusting the mic and making sure she was heard... there is a part of me that thinks maybe it would have been best to keep her out of this. but if she TRULY wanted to let the world know how she felt (and I think she wouldn't have done it otherwise) then I'm proud of her. She's braver than I am, thats for sure!

it still upsets me though that it will be the soundbite of the year... the media have had a FIELD day.

I truly believe that Paris is gonna be her father's biggest defender. Did anyone else see her when they were singing WE ARE THE WORLD? She was hugging one of Michael's sisters and she was looking up to them and nodding her head up and down while she was singing the song. As if to say, "my daddy was right....we are the world".

She is truly a remarkable little girl. The media better watch out cause she aint gonna take no mess when it comes to her daddy.

Whenever I hear Paris in tears I just wanna hug her somehow and try to make it better for her, make her smile, make it easier for her...

The way she stood there with her little black purse when her uncle was speaking.. You could just see how she was trying to be strong as her father tought her..
But when she finally got to say how she felt, she couldnt hold in the tears nomore. It must have been very overwhelming to be standing there.. And also for her to experience how so many people loved her father like we did. (and still do).

It warmed my heart to see the family and exspecially Janet to take such good care for her.. Oh I believe Michael is crying from the heaven when he sees his little children in such pain :no:

God bless them all :angel:

Her family didn't push her to speak. She had something to say, and they made sure she was heard.

they played it all over the radio today and on tv and it breaks me everytime. I think its the most heartbreaking thing ive ever witnessed :'(

But not to forget Prince and Blanket. They did'nt want to say something, but they do feel the same as their sister Paris, thats certain..!

Beautiful but so sad.

If anything Michael needs to come back for his children. It is not right that Paris, Blanket and Prince don't have their father; they love so much, here on earth with them.

Her family didn't push her to speak. She had something to say, and they made sure she was heard.

Yeah she didn't seem pushed at all. But even though she broke down on stage, I don't think she has any regrets at all about doing it. She seemed like she's been wanting to speak up and defend her father for a long time now.

She seems very aware of the world and focused. The looks she was giving Al Sharpton lol.. that girl has a fire in her!

she's her daddy's girl, that's for sure. she's going to make a change. i can see it now. just like MLK's kids.

A heartbreaking moment indeed, and I agree with most of you that she's been wanting to speak out and defend her father for quite sometime, and will continue to do so in the future. I feel she spoke on behalf of her brothers too. They're three wonderful children, who I'm sure will go on to do extraordinary things like their father.

on cnn.com you'll find a video in which kenny ortega comments very sweet on paris' appearance.

Unfortunately I don't succeed to embed it in this thread.

have a look!

That really was heartbreaking to watch... Poor babies..

Like everyone, I was heartbroken hearing Paris' words, but I think she had every right to take to the microphone to say what she needed to say. To let the world know that he meant the world to them, and they meant the world to him.

Hopefully all those awful people who have ever judged Michael will see that moment as proof of such a wonderful father he obviously was.

those poor children, i hope the media leave them be.

the kids must have been aware of things that have been said for the Rev etc to comment and put down those opinions. Also Marlons comments.

They appear astute and have all the qualities Michael was trying to give to the world......

its very very sad, and it is now their loss which I am aching for...

those poor children, i hope the media leave them be.[/QUOTE]

The Mirro has a horrible headline today - and the comments are seething on their webpage towards the 'so called journalist' at the bottom of the page standing up for Michael and his children.

I think we have a mission on our hands now. We need to complain and moan and make these tabloids not get into the step of analysing the kids.

Back