Preliminary Hearing 11/1/11. Day Six. Discussion Thread

Arraignment in two weeks according to ppl inside court (still UNCONFIRMED)!!!!!!

He will be making a statement in his own special way via Twitter.
Also I'm glad he didn't comment as I don't wanna hear any more ''fall guy'' comments from anyone at this point. It's sickening.

yes it will prob happen pretty quick. they were wanting to ages ago but needed his cali licence to go first. once it goes in one state it goes in the others pretty quick from whats been said

Wasn't it Nevada who already tried to get his license suspended based on the child support issues he had. So they have showed a willlingness (sp?) to suspend his license previously already. And the judge said Murray has 24 hours to notify the boards in Nevada and Texas....Also, didn't the boards in other states say that if the license was suspended in one state, they'd follow? I can't remember where exactly I remember reading/hearing that, but I think I remeber someone saying that....anyone else remember hearing that? Anyhow....I bet his license will be suspended...period. No matter where in the U.S. No way they'll let that quack practise after all that evidence! And I hope after the trial it's bye bye for a lifetime with his medical license. :yes:

No additional charges...very disappointing and downright ridiculous...

VERY disappointing, given the damning testimony. This was, sadly, expected, but we had to TRY. I'd like to thank everyone who signed and supported the petition. This was the LOWEST charge possible under the circumstances, and there were no additional charges added. There could have been, and in my opinion, there SHOULD have been. The DA had discretion to do that, but did not.

I'm taking a long view
, that justice will be done in some other way. Not to get get all religious up in here, but God IS watching these poor humans bumbling around, and in a spiritual sense, I, for one, feel that it is NOT over.

peace, y'all

Autumn

yes that was said, I'm positive that they'll follow asap, let's see what will happen with this idiot when his source of income will be no more. Wonder who he's gonna pay those idiots he's got as lawyers... they'll probably work pro bono then I guess. .

I better go off now before I start to rant nite ya'll

Wasn't it Nevada who already tried to get his license suspended based on the child support issues he had. So they have showed a wilingness to suspend his license previously already.
yeah they did try to stop it but couldnt do anything cause he still had it in cali. his licence will be gone everywhere pretty quick

VERY disappointing, given the damning testimony. This was, sadly, expected, but we had to TRY. I'd like to thank everyone who signed and supported the petition. This was the LOWEST charge possible under the circumstances, and there were no additional charges added. There could have been, and in my opinion, there SHOULD have been. The DA had discretion to do that, but did not.

I'm taking a long view
, that justice will be done in some other way. Not to get get all religious up in here, but God IS watching these poor humans bumbling around, and in a spiritual sense, I, for one, feel that it is NOT over.

peace, y'all

Autumn

:clapping::clapping::clapping::angel:..Thank you ...Autumn. Murray will get his if not on this realm.....when he goes to the next..I am positive he WILL get his

Just got this from Diane Diamond on Facebook:

January 12 at 12:25am - Report:
"I'm not on any campaign, Mr. Connolly - I wrote a book 5 years ago.
the fans need to look to those who think Dr. Murray should get off. I don't think he should. I think he's guilty of killing Michael Jackson."

She's blocked me so I can't reply. Coward, I'm so happy she has the money to buy a comfy mattress to let her sleep at night.

the fans need to look to those who think Dr. Murray should get off. I don't think he should. I think he's guilty of killing Michael Jackson."

how should this be understood?

whatever

She's blocked me so I can't reply. Coward, I'm so happy she has the money to buy a comfy mattress to let her sleep at night.

I think Diane Demon is guilty of killing Michael Jackson truth be told. I pray she will get hers one day.

yeah they did try to stop it but couldnt do anything cause he still had it in cali. his licence will be gone everywhere pretty quick

And poor Murray won't be able to pay his lawyers now right?(was'nt that Chernoff's concern)....poor thing!:cheers:

From Trials and Tribulations unedited draft updates

Closing statements

Murray's lawyers arguments

- We have never heard the time of death, if we knew the time of death we can find out who is involved.

- Murray saw MJ everyday for 3 months, he would know how MJ interacted with these drugs better than the other doctors.

- We heard from an anethesiologist what he would use as a standard of care. We didn’t hear from a cardiologist in a similar situation and training.

- Murray injected around 10:40 so if Dr. Murray was away from MJ, how could he have given another dose of propofol? so what was going on between 11 am and 12 am? That goes to show you right there that Dr. Murry could not have given that dose, he was on the phone.

Prosecutor Walgren's Arguments

- Walgren is very angry and passionately in a loud voice, arguing his case.

- It was not MJ time to go. MJ's children are without a father.The reason MJ is not here today, is because of the careless, negligence careless incompetence of Murray. MJ is dead at the hands of Murray.

- Walgren goes over what is heard in the testimonies.

- Walgren mentions Murray's timeline "According to Murray’s own timeline, that he let MJ lie there for over an hour not breathing. Or he could be lying about his timeline, and Murray is not being truthful about his timeline. Third option, is that Dr. Murray is so utterly so incompetent and reckless, that he has no idea what he gave him or when."

- Judge Pastor denies the defense's motion to dismiss the case.

- Walgren asks for an increase in the bail amount. (wants it to be $300,000). Judge denies this as he doesn't think Murray is a flight risk.

- Ms. Saunders of Medical board goes over the testimony and asks the judge to suspend Murray's medical licence. Judge grants that request.

- Arraignment is set for January 25th, at 8:30 am.

Well, I'm off to try and get some sleep. Thank you all, and especially Ivy for the updates

:clapping::clapping::clapping::angel:..Thank you ...Autumn. Murray will get his if not on this realm.....when he goes to the next..I am positive he WILL get his

You're welcome. I always knew the petition was a long-shot, but at least we are now on record, one-by-one, for standing on the side of justice and that's something to be proud of. For those who believe in this, think it's important to STAND UP and be counted. Six-thousand six-hundred fifteen of us did just that.

I do feel that some people were still suffering from misunderstanding of what upping the charges really meant? That would NOT have meant that the jury could not have been offered a CHOICE , of I.M. or 2nd degree murder. But now, they are UNABLE to convict on a higher charge. There was very little or no risk that Murray would have "walked." (But now, technically, he could. Community Service is now on the table as an option.) I do believe the DA still has the option of stacking charges, and I hope he does so (doubt it, though).

I expect Murray will get NO jail time, or if he does, very little. Even if he gets a maximum sentence of four years, he will no doubt get probation and be out very quickly.

In the larger sense, it is NOT over and Murray will be accountable, one way or another. . .

Last edited:
I challenged her on her claiming that Michael had dependency on alcohol or that he was anorexic... It's almost like she thinks we don't know she's reporting on the trial...

Whatever anyway. Today was the best of a bad situation in the fight for Justice.

"I'm not on any campaign,Mr. Connolly - I wrote a book 5 years ago.

She did more then just write a FALSE BOOK! She literally help in destroying A man reputation for her own gain and still is doing so while going on TV reporting her spin! I find her just as guilty in the death of Michael! So F*ck off Diane DEMON!:mat:

Michael Jackson's doctor ordered to stand trial in pop star's death, stripped of medical license

A judge stripped Dr. Conrad Murray of his medical license Tuesday after ruling that prosecutors have sufficient evidence to try him for manslaughter in the death of pop star Michael Jackson.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said testimony presented during a six-day hearing into Murray's treatment of the singer had convinced him that allowing the cardiologist to keep his license "would constitute an imminent danger to public safety."

Evidence presented by prosecutors, the judge said, showed "a direct nexus in connection between the acts and omissions of Dr. Murray and the homicide in this case," the judge said.

Pastor's decision to send the case to trial was widely expected, including by Murray's attorneys, but his defense had strongly contested the loss of his license, calling it a "nuclear option" that would destroy the 57-year-old doctor's ability support his family and mount a criminal defense.

Murray is scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 25.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-and-ordered-to-stand-trial-in-his-death.html

I am sorry for the dumb question but didn't he already have an arraignment before?

I was sure from Murray will stand the trial. It tastes bitter though, maximum 4 years it's not enough.
This prelim was just a start, I am sure the trial will be hard time for us. I truly believe and pray the justice will be served and may it be the last time we must fight to clear is name.

Thank all of you guys in here, especially Ivy, for all updates, explanations and simply for going tru this together.

The involuntary manslaughter charge against Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson will be sent to trial, a Los Angeles judge ruled Tuesday.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also prohibited Murray from using his California medical license until the trial is completed. The state medical board requested that be made a provision of his bail.

While Michael Jackson was Murray's only and last California patient, Murray's lawyer argued a suspension in one state would prompt Texas and Nevada, where he sees patients, to also take action.

Pastor denied the prosecution's request to increase Murray's bail, which is now set at $75,000.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/1...ackson-doctor-conrad-murray-will-go-to-trial/

From TMZ:

Judge Michael Pastor just ordered the suspension, as a condition to Dr. Murray's bail in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case.

The Medical Board of California has asked the court twice before to yank Murray's license, to no avail. But minutes after ordering Murray to stand trial, Judge Pastor granted the request.

Dr. Murray has 24 hours to notify the medical boards in Texas and Nevada of Judge Pastor's decision.

It's a devastating blow to Murray, because he needs to practice to make enough money to pay his legal team. Murray's team believes the move is designed to take away his right to defend himself in the manslaughter trial.

--------------------------

Awwwwwwwwwwww ... that poor guy. Guess he has to find a new job now. At least he can't endanger patients anymore. Saying that he needs to work as a doctor (!) to defend himself in this case where he killed a patient with doing things that no doctor would ever do, that's almost comical.

Back