Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already told them. One is crying, one is eating. She says sell the tickets so we have more money for our trip. Truth is, I wouldn't have gone on this trip if it weren't for the concert, my friend would most likely come visit me here, but since the concert was on, we made plans. So, I can't cancel because of those other plans, plus the flight and hotel is booked and I can't change that as far as I know from what I read..however this really threw a wrench into things. it is a loss financially, there is no doubt. A huge loss since I probably could have gone on my own to visit the friend but /...yes I am angry at this. Maybe it is just too expensive to be a fan of anyone. I wanted to make this special for my kids. Guess I shouldn't have tried going to the concert. Just can't have everything. It would have been really special for us all. Now.. *shrugs*... I don't know. I can't even get ahold of my friend so I can't say I am calm and happy about it all.

You know what, contact AEG and try explaining your situation and see if they can help. They may deal with each situation on an individual basis. If it was MJ, he would make an allowance and give you discounted VIP tickets, but as you know, AEG is a business.

Fans are going to miss out on seeing him, plus, lose lots of money, because Michael & his team want to make the best show ever.

how is that justifiable?

I agree.. Some fans are going to miss out on the best show ever...
Like I said before, fine if they wanted a bit more time to reherse but give us a closer alternate date at least.... they can do that if they really wanted to without any probs..

What about the kids in far away contries who are have tickets for those show and are set to come to London for the summer... They cant come to UK in March and miss school... Why doesnt AEG think about this... ?
You know that's true. And people have work, it's so much easier to go to abroad during summer than in the winter months.

Michael probably had to two options: either to give an almost ready come back concert, first opening night show at an almost ready venue or to reschedule a few concerts. WhatWouldMichaelDo? WhatWouldYouDo?

Last edited:
Thanks for the press conference link Bowen!! Well, Mr. Kenny Ortega shouldered all the blame for this rescheduling. Can't argue with that now. Can't say they looked at all comfortable announcing this (they shouldn't be). Seemed as if it were a struggle to agree with kenny.

Wish it never had to happen.

You know what, contact AEG and try explaining your situation and see if they can help. They may deal with each situation on an individual basis. If it was MJ, he would make an allowance and give you discounted VIP tickets, but as you know, AEG is a business.

How do we contact AEG? I tried looking for their email address on their website.. but couldnt find anything...

I'm really sorry for all of you who have lost lots of money because of this rescheduling of concerts, but I must wonder why did you go and booked and payed for hotels and flights months in advance? And took the non refundable ones. Especially when we are dealing with Michael. He himself is like a big show always on the move, everything can happen. And as I have all the trust in Michael to show up and do all the shows even if he were sick and half dead everything else can go wrong.
Don't you think you should have thought of that!? It is the Murphy law!

So now the fans should blame themselves for making plans, booking hotels etc..? :smilerolleyes: Lol, come on now...

Yeah, guys, Michael is so lazy that he decided, at age 50, to go through one of the most grueling shows in history 50 times over.

Seriously, some of you have a right to be upset, but stop saying it's because MJ is lazy. Ungrateful "fans."

Yes its one thing to lose money, but what about those who cant come in March!!! We need to let AEG know this is unacceptable because they CAN give us a July alternative if they really wanted to.. Its will just take a bit of effort on their part, thats all...

yeah but july is full. michael wouldnt perform two nights in a row. i totally understand how fans feel but acting like this wont help. i lost nearly 1,000 euros myself so i know how it is like.

Its all very well piping up with all these smart ass comments you and several others are caring to share with us, but have YOU had your tickets moved to next year, have YOU lost a lot of money over this, have YOU got upset friends and family from all this?

Rather than telling us to shut up and deal with, try and see it from our point of view. The day after I was meant to be seeing Mike the arena will be buzzing with the opening show of the tour whilst I and 1000's of others will have to wait till next year.... now come back with a smart ass comment thats actually fair.

first of all..i lost money over a ticket. second of all, i'm not telling you to shut up. you are welcome to voice your story. i'm just understanding that plans can be interrupted from both sides. and, you just said you're still going. i'm not. certainly not in the UK.

i can only hope for the usa.

You know that's true. And people have work, it's so much easier to go to abroad during summer than in the winter months.

Yes people have work and kids have school.. My kid brother cant see Michael in concert now because he cant fly to UK in March during school time.. He is going to be very sad when I tell him... :(

Last edited:
Cant wait to see the news 2moro morning.

Whoever is actually behind this decision is setting Mike up for a total media bashing first thing 2moro morning. And honestly, its quite fair.

I dont care about fancy light shows and silly wire work, I want to see and hear Michael Jackson, nothing more, nothing less. Take away all the extra effects and give us our dates we bought tickets for.

i think some people in here should allow the affected fans to vent their anger (within reason).
It is easy to come up with smart and enlightened comments when you arent personally affected!!!

As for the fans making plans far in advance; you HAVE to plan ahead if you want a decent room and a place in a plane.
Come on now...

I dont wanna spend my nights on the street because all hotels are full (especially in july!) and swim to London because all flights are booked.

Why March of all months? There are so many months in between! I remember reading somewhere that some of the terms of the insurance were that he wouldn't perform in consecutive days, but what makes me really upset is the re-scheduled concerts were supposed to be the FIRST concerts! Not the very LAST ones! I wouldn't have bought my ticket if I knew this would happen and that I'd be pushed so far back! :(

My kids will be home soon and I don't know what to tell them..... It is not certain that I'll be able to earn enough extra money to go in March. I can't promise them anything... I feel like shit.

If I could talk to them I would tell them they should help their mom so she can go to the concert. Maybe there is something they could give up or a way from them to help earn some extra money. The two oldest especially. You need to all plot together. You have time. It would be a good lesson for them and maybe after you planned a trip to take them to London with you they would like to do the same back for you.

deviantalana, you should stop spreading rumours.lol. Mr. Randy Philips stated quite clearly in the interview all the details about the insurance. he also said they are in the process of securing insurance for the other dates, only with better coverage etc. he clearly stated that they are CONFIDENT in MJ doing all the dates which is the reason they announced the dates in the first place without having any insurance.

Mr. Kenny Ortega also took the blame for rescheduling of the concert. I am sure he and other AEG execs where wrangling over this issue for quite some time.

i hope i dont sound selfish but i have tickets for the 12th july and i am very angry at the announcement but what i cant understand is if these dates have to be moved why couldnt it have gone like this :

july 8th move to 12th

july 10th move to 14th

july 12th move to 20th

july 14th move to august 14th

therefore michael would not perform any gigs 2 consecitive nights and at least the fans affected dont wait for so long to see OUR idol.

Last edited:
it's really frustrating, because of lots of reasons but not unexpected
with a concert it's always risky. i never believe that something is actually happening until i see Michael on stage. i know it's sad. other dates might be rescheduled too now

it's really frustrating, because of lots of reasons but not unexpected
with a concert it's always risky. i never believe that something is actually happening until i see Michael on stage. i know it's sad.

Yeah, i have been disappointed on more than one occasion concerning MJ concerts.

One (0ostende, 97) was cancelled just a few hrs before it should have started.
If you think people are angry in here you should've seen them then.

deviantalana, you should stop spreading rumours.lol. Mr. Randy Philips stated quite clearly in the interview all the details about the insurance. he also said they are in the process of securing insurance for the other dates, only with better coverage etc. he clearly stated that they are CONFIDENT in MJ doing all the dates which is the reason they announced the dates in the first place without having any insurance.

Mr. Kenny Ortega also took the blame for rescheduling of the concert. I am sure he and other AEG execs where wrangling over this issue for quite some time.

Yeah, Kenny Ortega took the blame for this so stop hating Michael now and look forward to the concerts.

this sucks. Esp for all the aussie's on here who had tickets :( sorry i can't be fucked ready 48 pages :lol: i have tickets for jan 9, and i'm REALY nervous about things now. i've yet to book my flights, and i'm just wondering what to do?

Hey all,

Many of us have lost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars (euros or whatever) today because of non transferable/non refundable tickets and hotel bookings. Some of us canceled summer plans in order to see the first set of shows. And many of us are absolutely gutted by what has happened today.

I think it would be appropriate for all of us fans to offer a bit of support and sympathy to those who are angry, upset, sad and disappointed because those of us that are, have EVERY RIGHT TO BE. There is no need for one member here to tell another member to get over it, or to look on the bright side, or to look at it from Michael's point of view. You know why? Because that is impossible! So please show some compassion to those that are upset. This is a community, right? We should be there for one another, yeah?

On the flip side of the coin .... we cannot get so angry that we lose all sense of reasoning. Hell yeah be mad but don't be disrespectful and don't be doom and gloom. There must be solutions out there available, we just have to put our thinking caps on and find them. It's hard, I know! I know you want to blame Michael, AEG, Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and their cousins and friends and that is fine... but at the end of the day, you can get a full refund on your ticket from ticketmaster. At least that is somewhat of a silver lining. I know it isn't much but at least it's a start. I just know that attacking Michael, attacking AEG and attacking others in anger will not help.

Lets put on our thinking caps and figure out a way to help those negotiate their hotel and flight bookings. Some airlines will be lenient if asked properly. More importantly, lets drop the hostility and support one another.

what was the point of getting priority tickets for if we gotta wait till march 2010!!!!! to C him ?

this is ridiculous

im not spreading rumours that is my personal opinion. and your quiet right to believe different. but thats how i understand what he said - despite him being so confident in MJ to make all 50

i hope i dont sound selfish but i have tickets for the 12th july and i am very angry at the announcement but what i cant understand is if these dates have to be moved why couldnt it have gone like this :

july 8th move to 12th

july 10th move to 14th

july 12th move to 20th

july 14th move to august 14th

therefore michael would not perform any gigs 2 consecitive nights and at least the fans affected dont wait for so long to see OUR idol.

^ EXACTLY why not nights like those that are actually IN july

now...right there, some would say Phillips was foolish.
not because of MJ being untrustworthy, but because anything could happen, no matter how trustworthy someone is. but his excitement over the financial possibilities of working with MJ must have overtaken him,(because of so many people pressuring Michael to tour tour tour) so he didn't take care of the insurance, first. but people get caught up in that excitement all the time. yet, there still are people that wouldn't excuse that behaviour.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Many of us have lost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars (euros or whatever) today because of non transferable/non refundable tickets and hotel bookings. Some of us canceled summer plans in order to see the first set of shows. And many of us are absolutely gutted by what has happened today.

I think it would be appropriate for all of us fans to offer a bit of support and sympathy to those who are angry, upset, sad and disappointed because those of us that are, have EVERY RIGHT TO BE. There is no need for one member here to tell another member to get over it, or to look on the bright side, or to look at it from Michael's point of view. You know why? Because that is impossible! So please show some compassion to those that are upset. This is a community, right? We should be there for one another, yeah?

On the flip side of the coin .... we cannot get so angry that we lose all sense of reasoning. Hell yeah be mad but don't be disrespectful and don't be doom and gloom. There must be solutions out there available, we just have to put our thinking caps on and find them. It's hard, I know! I know you want to blame Michael, AEG, Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and their cousins and friends and that is fine... but at the end of the day, you can get a full refund on your ticket from ticketmaster. At least that is somewhat of a silver lining. I know it isn't much but at least it's a start. I just know that attacking Michael, attacking AEG and attacking others in anger will not help.

Lets put on our thinking caps and figure out a way to help those negotiate their hotel and flight bookings. Some airlines will be lenient if asked properly. Most importantly, lets drop the hostility and support one another.
applause.gif

Everyone with a problem attending the rescheduled 4 shows will have the opportunity to refund. As for the airplane tickets and hotels it's not Michael's or AEG's fault that many of us (myself included) have already booked and paid. It was our decision to do so. I am sure that you can arrange a refund with the hotels since the booking date is 2 months away. I booked everything earlier at my own risk, I am the one to blame for being hurry to arrange everything not Michael! Please come down we have 2 months ahead to sort out any problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back