Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more about the music.

Truth be told, all this talk about the stage and elaboracy of the sets and stuff has me worried it may overshadow the music.

^And for the Motown 25 show, I have always thought the way he did "Never Can Say Goodbye" was a bit surreal in how flawless it was. Absolutely perfect.

think about if TM would come to you and say..."sorry folks but we logistic issues...but we are giving you an opportunity to vote...A, your show takes place as a rehersal B, your show is rescheduled till March 2010.."

I am sure, most of the fans would be happy to pay the same amount for their tickets and "put up" with a "rehersal" - How many of you have seen him rehearsing a show?! (not a 3min video snippet on youtube...) live? ....you cant get more exclusive than that...

think about if TM would come to you and say..."sorry folks but we logistic issues...but we are giving you an opportunity to vote...A, your show takes place as a rehersal B, your show is rescheduled till March 2010.."

I am sure, most of the fans would be happy to pay the same amount for their tickets and "put up" with a "rehersal" - How many of you have seen him rehearsing a show?! (not a 3min video snippet on youtube...) live? ....you cant get more exclusive than that...

If you offer it to one, you have to offer it to all, thats the problem

Actally u know what, id chose seeing rehearsal!
From seeing his dangerous rehearsals on utube, i reckon his reahearsals would be better than the real thing!

^^wow...
watching the REHEARSEL of the dangerous and the actual dangerous tour I disagree..
sometimes he's not even trying when he's singing because..it's just a rehearsel..no costume things..
I think he gives MORE at a show.. anyway, really off topic..

Guys can anyone help me? I've just looked on seetickets and they have the final show now listed as Monday March 8th...but everywhere else it's Saturday March 6th...so is it the 6th? I'm so confused about all this.

Couldn't agree more about the music.

Truth be told, all this talk about the stage and elaboracy of the sets and stuff has me worried it may overshadow the music.
yeah i was gonna to say "worried" instead of "underwhelmed", but the excited focus on such a spectacle is a bit worrying too, though again the only thing's for sure about Mike is nothing's for sure so i'm keeping quite an open mind.

^And for the Motown 25 show, I have always thought the way he did "Never Can Say Goodbye" was a bit surreal in how flawless it was. Absolutely perfect.
absolutely, my favourite part too. it's a shame that was the last time it was performed live. what a choone!

Actally u know what, id chose seeing rehearsal!
From seeing his dangerous rehearsals on utube, i reckon his reahearsals would be better than the real thing!
If you just enjoy live singing and no-frills, the rehearsals were ACE.
rileyneptunesohyayeah.gif

mayby just mayby i'll be able to trade my march 6 tickets BK 403 for july 13 ones in BK 109

*fingers crossed*

MichaelJackson.gif

man, if this truly is his last gig in london, don't u t h ink he wants to go out like a champ?! this is it....literally for london, and he wants it to be magnificent.

u saw his furniture, some have been to his ranch in the hey day...when has mj ever done anythi ng on a small scale?

so so ^^ hear hear!

we are such a hard bunch to please! I think Michael has shown that he is bringing the music back to us and in the way he delivers it most effectively be it grand or not-so-grand. I don't think we will be disappointed...

because "we're" so diverse, so there'll always be mixed opinions no matter what. e.g.:

proper music concert > "magnificent" theatrical showpiece

... that's if you wanna talk about "going out like a champ" (which i don't believe they'll be his last UK gigs anyway).
fingerscrossed.gif

though one thing that tickled our fancy was this quote from the recent press release:

"dynamic balance that features Jackson in both
spectacular production and intimate settings"

http://www.outside-org.co.uk/index.php/publicity/clients/entertainment/AEG_Michael_Jackson/

dame
i go away for 6 days and all hell breaks lose. mj releated things always happen when im away must be some sort of curse. what a mes.s as normal cock ups happen with mj things. havnt read the entire thread yet so heck knows what some of you are doing to sort things out. luckily all ive lost so far is a cheap train ticket but i need to re book my hotel if its still availalbe and the hassle of maybe trying to get some tickets for xtra dates as im gonna be in london on 2 seperate dates but within days of each other which is not what i wanted. where do u start and do u even think about buying xtra tickets. can mj and co be trusted not to change things again. 5 days is hardly much difference for changing dates if it aint ready on the 8th then why the 13th. as normal more amo for the press

^ Well I won't be able to afford to go to the concerts next March, so "this is it" for me. And even if I could afford it, I'd think five times about re-booking. What if those concerts get cancelled or rescheduled AGAIN? I'd lose money AGAIN and that's when I'd feel REALLY stupid.

Wow! It is just amazing the reactions to the delay announcement. A legitimate reason was given; those involved in organizing the show decided that they wanted the show as envision and that was going to take more time; sometimes, 5 days (even one day) can make all the difference in the world so it is nothing to blow off if it is the time frame that is needed. Michael, nor the organizers, cancelled the show. They are doing what has been done countless times with concerts, movies, sports events, Broadway shows. Everyone involved knew the options to the problem and the consequences; yet, after reviewing all that, they came to the decision to delay some of the shows. That is what they needed to do and wanted to do. Their job is to deliver a product--50 Michael Jackson concerts. How the concert is arranged, scheduled, set up, organized, rehearsed, etc. is up to them--no one else. The only thing required of anyone not involved in organizing this, which fans and fan boards are not, is to decide whether to attend the shows. If the changes have posed a problem, simply request a refund for the ticket(s) and life moves on. If it is that life changing to see Michael Jackson in concert as some are acting, then there is no amount of hurdles you should mind jumping. The true question is how important is it to see the product--either it is worth the troubles of planning or it is not. You don't have to be happy and you have the right to be upset but please keep it in perspective. The truth is the sky will not fall and the world will not end whether anyone does or does not see Michael Jackson and no one should support any feelings to such an extreme.

Point is whenever anyone purchases tickets for an event that far ahead, nothing is guaranteed. What if something had happened personally or job-wise that impeded your ability to go the day before the concert? What if there was a power outage the night of the concert and it had to be canceled? What if Michael or his children got sick on the date of the concert? I'm sure that AEG has the fine print somewhere reserving the right to change if needed. Acting as if Michael has personally slapped any of you for no reason is going overboard. Again, he is offering a product; people need to decide that they want it or not but realize that they must base the decision on the product that Michael Jackson has decided to offer-not on what fans on these boards want. AEG is not worried at this point about reselling tickets and if this is as massive as it seems they are making it, they will only have headaches about having enough tickets to go around because trust if this is a great show people won't give a d*mn about any postponed show but only being able to say "I was there." AEG knows it, Michael Jackson knows it, and Kenny Ortega knows it. That is why these three entities that are powerhouses in this business determined that a five day delay was worth more than settling for less!

I never got tickets for this show im hoping he does the U.S.A. But there is one thing i hope the fans do let Michael Jackson and all the other entertainers out there, this is a new day and time. You do not mess with our time or money as per President Obama .
If we pay our hard earned money to have you entertain us then so be it entertain us.
This is his first strike on the fans , you rescheduled but not looking at the areana schedule which every other reporter was and saying there would be a conflict. We all sided with Michael called these reports names and they were correct . That makes us look like idiots. Michael just needs to get his act together, Management,money , family,health all of it were tired of it , at least i am i just hope other fans feel the same way and let him know , if you cant perform then stay of the stage. If you can then were there for you but like we said " ITS OUR MONEY AND OUR TIME , DONT WASTE IT!

^ Well I won't be able to afford to go to the concerts next March, so "this is it" for me. And even if I could afford it, I'd think five times about re-booking. What if those concerts get cancelled or rescheduled AGAIN? I'd lose money AGAIN and that's when I'd feel REALLY stupid.

Summer, sorry that you won't be able to go. But, you're right to look ahead to what is worth the risk to you. People every year lose money just trying to schedule personal vacations; and it's never a picnic but it is life. Things happen.

I know that if Michael did one thing at later concerts, there would be gripes from people who went to the first few shows. So, he did what was best and said that everyone would get the same show from beginning to ending.

Just this once, I hope that Michael gets to do this appearance his way without pressure from anyone; I'm sure he is ready for that now to since it has been a long time. If and when he wants to do something for fans besides these concerts, he knows that we are out here and he will make the first move.

Wow! It is just amazing the reactions to the delay announcement. A legitimate reason was given; those involved in organizing the show decided that they wanted the show as envision and that was going to take more time; sometimes, 5 days (even one day) can make all the difference in the world so it is nothing to blow off if it is the time frame that is needed. Michael, nor the organizers, cancelled the show. They are doing what has been done countless times with concerts, movies, sports events, Broadway shows. Everyone involved knew the options to the problem and the consequences; yet, after reviewing all that, they came to the decision to delay some of the shows. That is what they needed to do and wanted to do. Their job is to deliver a product--50 Michael Jackson concerts. How the concert is arranged, scheduled, set up, organized, rehearsed, etc. is up to them--no one else. The only thing required of anyone not involved in organizing this, which fans and fan boards are not, is to decide whether to attend the shows. If the changes have posed a problem, simply request a refund for the ticket(s) and life moves on. If it is that life changing to see Michael Jackson in concert as some are acting, then there is no amount of hurdles you should mind jumping. The true question is how important is it to see the product--either it is worth the troubles of planning or it is not. You don't have to be happy and you have the right to be upset but please keep it in perspective. The truth is the sky will not fall and the world will not end whether anyone does or does not see Michael Jackson and no one should support any feelings to such an extreme.

Point is whenever anyone purchases tickets for an event that far ahead, nothing is guaranteed. What if something had happened personally or job-wise that impeded your ability to go the day before the concert? What if there was a power outage the night of the concert and it had to be canceled? What if Michael or his children got sick on the date of the concert? I'm sure that AEG has the fine print somewhere reserving the right to change if needed. Acting as if Michael has personally slapped any of you for no reason is going overboard. Again, he is offering a product; people need to decide that they want it or not but realize that they must base the decision on the product that Michael Jackson has decided to offer-not on what fans on these boards want. AEG is not worried at this point about reselling tickets and if this is as massive as it seems they are making it, they will only have headaches about having enough tickets to go around because trust if this is a great show people won't give a d*mn about any postponed show but only being able to say "I was there." AEG knows it, Michael Jackson knows it, and Kenny Ortega knows it. That is why these three entities that are powerhouses in this business determined that a five day delay was worth more than settling for less!

Yeah, they aren't worried because they'll make money regardless. Who cares if a couple of thousand fans lose their savings...they'll make millions anyhow. Seems fair.

If there was a good reason for rescheduling, I'm sure many would understand. If there was power outage, that would be out of anyone's hands. Or if MJ or his kids got sick, that would be a human reason and understandable. BUT.... when the ONLY reason is that they obviously didn't plan well, and fans are being made to pay for it...that sucks. To me that is pretty lame. I'll still get to see MJ in August (hopefully), but I can't make it to the rescheduled shows. And yes, I know there are fans who are actually happy about all this because now they will be able to get tickets. Some win, some lose.

Do you guys actually beleive that MJ rescheduled concerts to have more time to prepare?
If 50 remaing days aren't enough, than 5 more days are nothing. Do you think that it is impossible to rehearse on O2 before July 8th lol?

I think that there is the other reason for delaying the "tour".

It is really unfair. A friend of mine has to cancel the flight and hotel reservation.

I never got tickets for this show im hoping he does the U.S.A. But there is one thing i hope the fans do let Michael Jackson and all the other entertainers out there, this is a new day and time. You do not mess with our time or money as per President Obama .
If we pay our hard earned money to have you entertain us then so be it entertain us.
This is his first strike on the fans , you rescheduled but not looking at the areana schedule which every other reporter was and saying there would be a conflict. We all sided with Michael called these reports names and they were correct . That makes us look like idiots. Michael just needs to get his act together, Management,money , family,health all of it were tired of it , at least i am i just hope other fans feel the same way and let him know , if you cant perform then stay of the stage. If you can then were there for you but like we said " ITS OUR MONEY AND OUR TIME , DONT WASTE IT!

Anyone needing to can send in for a refund and don't go to the concert and then neither your money nor your time will be wasted. He didn't personally ask any one person to attend any concerts. He offered something for sale. People decided whether to buy it or not knowing full well that any event such as this carries a risk of delays and reschedules. Please people stop acting as if this is something new. Any artist could put out new music but can't guarentee that you will like it or that it is released as originally scheduled. People know this! What is the reason for acting as if it has never happened before other than to elevate your importance in Michael Jackson's existence that doesn't exist. An explanation was provided; that is all that was needed.

And why in the H*ll are you or any one else here tire of his life--management, money, family, health! That is not for you to be tired of or to have to deal with. He has not asked anyone here to make decisions concerning either. This type of statement is when people go way overboard. You have not stake in any part of his life to be upset about it other than when he gives a performance. And then, as with any form of entertainment, it is chance to whether you like it or not. He is obligated to perform a show-whether you like it or not can not be controlled by him.

Last edited:
Yeah, they aren't worried because they'll make money regardless. Who cares if a couple of thousand fans lose their savings...they'll make millions anyhow. Seems fair.

If there was a good reason for rescheduling, I'm sure many would understand. If there was power outage, that would be out of anyone's hands. Or if MJ or his kids got sick, that would be a human reason and understandable. BUT.... when the ONLY reason is that they obviously didn't plan well, and fans are being made to pay for it...that sucks. To me that is pretty lame. I'll still get to see MJ in August (hopefully), but I can't make it to the rescheduled shows. And yes, I know there are fans who are actually happy about all this because now they will be able to get tickets. Some win, some lose.

Summer, they can't help if someone put their savings into attending a concert for a scheduled date when everyone in the world knows that something could have changed that date. We haven't been given any indicationg that anything wasn't planned well. What name is involved in this that indicates poor planning. What was indicated was that plans expanded and things that needed to be delivered could not be when originally wanted. Anyone who has ever planned anything involving this magnitude, this amount of people, this level of planning knows that Plan A is rarely what is executed to a "T." While this may not be a good reason to you, I'm sure that others would state why any other scenario would not be a good reason.

Everyone who paid for tickets knew that their money was going to make all those at the top millions of dollars. So there is no reason to get upset about that. That is the point of the shows--otherwise he would be doing them for free. I can't believe that no one has ever had anything in their life rescheduled or cancelled. You all live very remarkable lives. I've known it to have happened to people planning weddings and they didn't get as out of whack as some people are over these concerts.

I think what really smarts for some people is to realize that when it comes to music, Michael thinks about the business side rather than fawning over individuals. He's not offering the world in order to make things up to people, but treating this as any other business person in entertainment would. Well, truth is that is what he and every other entertainer has to do. People want and expect from him something that he obviously is not prepared to give at this time.

Do you guys actually beleive that MJ rescheduled concerts to have more time to prepare?
If 50 remaing days aren't enough, than 5 more days are nothing. Do you think that it is impossible to rehearse on O2 before July 8th lol?

It is really unfair. A friend of mine has to cancel the flight and hotel reservation.

And your friend, while disappointed and possibly out of money, will be okay. His or her life will continue and so will Michael's. And your friend will determine whether trying to attend one of the rescheduled shows is worth it or not. There are so many unfair things in life and this is just one of them. But, every unfair thing is not because someone is trying to be devious or unscrupulous.

And again, yes, 5 days can make a big difference in planning and executing anything of this magnitude. They have to determine what is best for the show. People only can determine whether to attend or not. Heck I've known of whole concerts being postponed by months.

so true...

I'll just repeat what i've said before. As I think it's relevant.

"Maybe there are other events planned in the times that he's taking rests. Remember that it's not about the building up and tearing down of the set specifically that is the inital problem, but it's the fact that they need more INITIAL setup time and the time to run through stuff and program everything correctly in regard to the actual venue, ONCE that's done, breaking it down and setting it up again won't be much of an issue, it's the INITIAL setup that causing them to need more time.

Also in regards to Ortega's schedule conflict, I don't think that's about him having conflicts at the start of the show, I think what they were trying to say in the press release is that Ortega got on board later than desired because of him having to work around other schedules to be able to join MJ for this, as Ortega has said in statements. This all caused the production to start a bit later, coupled with the fact that it's become bigger in scale, this has resulted in Kenny needing more time to have everything properly set up in the 02, so they can be confident that they can start the shows top notch and SAFE.

They should've given themselves more time in the beginning though, but that's just my opinion."

so true...

You don't know that because you are not involved in the logistics of the planning.

Guys, lets stop being naive about all of this. We are talking about concerts. And anything like that is a risk to put money into. What if you plopped down money for Broadway show tickets, or even just movie tickets, and then didn't like the show once you've seen it. You took the risk. Nothing about entertainment is in stone.

You don't know that because you are not involved in the logistics of the planning.

Guys, lets stop being naive about all of this. We are talking about concerts. And anything like that is a risk to put money into. What if you plopped down money for Broadway show tickets, or even just movie tickets, and then didn't like the show once you've seen it. You took the risk. Nothing about entertainment is in stone.

Not to mention that the organisers and people involved have money invested too, it's in their best interest to have everyone there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back