Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that the organisers and people involved have money invested too, it's in their best interest to have everyone there too.

And this is exactly why common sense should say that the change/rescheduling was not made as an after thought or blowing in the wind response. No one was trying to "get" the fans to spend money and lose money. They want the money. So anything that results in refunds, glitches to the show or publicity to it, etc. is a huge risk to them.

This was not done just "because"!

I think also this is a good reminder to others (and myself) to buy refundable tickets and accomodations as much as is possible for any event. Because rescheduling and cancellations ARE a part of the scheme. So whether it be our mother, or dog, or our beloved MJ, we should take care of ourselves first.

And I agree with Classic that we should really not be so engrossed in MJ's business and personal affairs to the point where we're tired of all of it. The lawsuits etc. really is not our business. We can feel for him, yes, but it is kinda wrong to be invested in him like that.

And once and for all ( I wish some folks would read carefully), the extra days are said to be needed for full production set-up and dress rehearsal AT the ACTUAL LOCATION of the concert. In other words the extra days are needed for a full run-through at the O2 rather than at some other place.

Classic, I know your well intentioned but you need to let people vent about this. Its devastating to many people. Money is money at the end of the day and many people will be out of pocket. People will come to terms with it eventually, but its still raw for a lot of people. Not just financially but hopes and dreams have been shattered for them, a bit of understanding is whats needed.

Yes its a risk everyone takes whenever they part with their hard earned cash for whatever reason, doesnt make it any easier to deal with the disappointment though.

If you just enjoy live singing and no-frills, the rehearsals were ACE.

it's like asking for something just because it doesn't really exist. i think it's unfair to put a lid on MJ's idea of creativity just to make a point. we were introduced to a full on version of Michael Jackson, and it's unfair to pretend we were not. when the dancers in that o2 vid were crying about how they were so glad to be picked, that one woman said how she saw the thriller video on tv and said that's the 'coolest thing she ever saw'. we all know that the Michael Jackson we were all introduced to, has all the frills, whistles, special effects and bangs and pows, included.

i get the feeling you are asking for thriller unplugged, just to teach Michael a lesson. sorry for being so blunt, but i can't help it. putting a lid on the totality of Michael Jackson isn't going to change the situation.

i'll go out on a limb and say, we all were powerfully introduced to the Michael Jackson version of Michael Jackson. not the Mariah Carey version of Michael Jackson. and we were all imprssed. now that time has passed, he's subject to scrutiny, and because we're all in pain, we're asking him to sacrifice his version of creativity, that blew us all away in the beginning. sure..it's easy to say that motown 25 was without effects. but, in reality, it was not. he wasn't even singing. he created an illusion. and we went for it. but also, he was singing. it was still his voice. and our nature is to want more. 'how can you top this'. so he did. with a special effects billie jean video. then, we said. top that. so, he came up with the thriller video. then, we said, top that. and he did. again, and again, and again. now, all of a sudden, we want him to scale down.

i just think that's not fair.

and btw, there are unplugged moments in his show. but they are part of the big package. it's all inclusive. but you already know that.
the idea is to try and fix the situation that needs fixing. and that's not the show itself. that's just all the other chaos that's going on.

Last edited:
it's like asking for something just because it doesn't really exist. i think it's unfair to put a lid on MJ's idea of creativity just to make a point. we were introduced to a full on version of Michael Jackson, and it's unfair to pretend we were not. when the dancers in that o2 vid were crying about how they were so glad to be picked, that one woman said how she saw the thriller video on tv and said that's the 'coolest thing she ever saw'. we all know that the Michael Jackson we were all introduced to, has all the frills, whistles, special effects and bangs and pows, included.

i get the feeling you are asking for thriller unplugged, just to teach Michael a lesson. sorry for being so blunt, but i can't help it. putting a lid on the totality of Michael Jackson isn't going to change the situation.

i'll go out on a limb and say, we all were powerfully introduced to the Michael Jackson version of Michael Jackson. not the Mariah Carey version of Michael Jackson. and we were all imprssed. now that time has passed, he's subject to scrutiny, and because we're all in pain, we're asking him to sacrifice his version of creativity, that blew us all away in the beginning. sure..it's easy to say that motown 25 was without effects. but, in reality, it was not. he wasn't even singing. he created an illusion. and we went for it. but also, he was singing. it was still his voice. and our nature is to want more. 'how can you top this'. so he did. with a special effects billie jean video. then, we said. top that. so, he came up with the thriller video. then, we said, top that. and he did. again, and again, and again. now, all of a sudden, we want him to scale down.

i just think that's not fair.

and btw, there are unplugged moments in his show. but they are part of the big package. it's all inclusive. but you already know that.
the idea is to try and fix the situation that needs fixing. and that's not the show itself. that's just all the other chaos that's going on.

thanx you vince for this post ,and every post you make .

i just think that's not fair. so sue me for sayin it.

Why is it so hard for some to understand that some fans REALLY HONESTLY would NOT mind seeing MJ just sing something on stage live WITHOUT huge special effects? Why's that so hard to understand? It DOESN'T mean we don't appreciate all the shows he puts together and doesn't mean we don't enjoy his performances and his creativity and all the special effects and all that. Yes I love the amazing shows....BUT...I also really wouldn't mind just sitting in front of a stage and listening to him sing live. How is that putting a lid on MJ's creativity if I just sincerely wouldn't mind listening to his voice and sincerely wouldn't mind if there was nothing else than a spotlight on him on stage? Why are we all of the sudden "trying to make a point" to "teach MJ a lesson", if we just say that we sincerely love his singing so much we'd be fine with just listening to him without any other extras. How is that unfair to Michael? Would it be better if all of us would go "If there is no amazing dance moves and state of the art special effects, it's nothing!". Wouldn't THAT be unfair towards MJ? I know MJ is a perfectionist and wants to be a pioneer and all that and I appreciate and love and enjoy the shows he does. But still that doesn't change the fact that I sincerely wouldn't mind if I could just sit in the shadows and listen to him sing a song live without any special effects. I love his voice, is that a bad thing? Or if I could just watch the rehearsals, I'd be fine with that. I'd love that. Honestly. It would be fun to see him rehearse for the show. Maybe some others wouldn't want that and would only want to see a PERFECT show...but I wouldn't mind. But that's just my opinion. -_-

People also need to remember that this is a MICHAEL JACKSON TOUR, not some cheap production school play

Time is needed at the venue, thats why it was delayed, and it WILL be the greatest show on earth :)

Why is it so hard for some to understand that some fans REALLY HONESTLY would NOT mind seeing MJ just sing something on stage live WITHOUT huge special effects? Why's that so hard to understand? It DOESN'T mean we don't appreciate all the shows he puts together and doesn't mean we don't enjoy his performances and his creativity and all the special effects and all that. Yes I love the amazing shows....BUT...I also really wouldn't mind just sitting in front of a stage and listening to him sing live. How is that putting a lid on MJ's creativity if I just sincerely wouldn't mind listening to his voice and sincerely wouldn't mind if there was nothing else than a spotlight on him on stage? Why are we all of the sudden "trying to make a point" to "teach MJ a lesson", if we just say that we sincerely love his singing so much we'd be fine with just listening to him without any other extras. How is that unfair to Michael? Would it be better if all of us would go "If there is no amazing dance moves and state of the art special effects, it's nothing!". Wouldn't THAT be unfair towards MJ? I know MJ is a perfectionist and wants to be a pioneer and all that and I appreciate and love and enjoy the shows he does. But still that doesn't change the fact that I sincerely wouldn't mind if I could just sit in the shadows and listen to him sing a song live without any special effects. I love his voice, is that a bad thing? Or if I could just watch the rehearsals, I'd be fine with that. I'd love that. Honestly. It would be fun to see him rehearse for the show. Maybe some others wouldn't want that and would only want to see a PERFECT show...but I wouldn't mind. But that's just my opinion. -_-

i don't think you understand what i'm saying. i'm not saying that he shouldn't do unplugged work. i said that's part of his gig. but just one part.

i just get the feeling you are saying that you want the entire show to be no frills. scale down the entire show.

those moments you speak of, usually happen on a tv show. the liz taylor thing was a one off one moment song, on tv. it wasn't a string of scaled down stuff. the sammy davis was the same thing. just one off.

it's hard not to see all this request as asking him to do something, simply because he hasn't done it.

it's as if, if he was what you were saying, then, we should request he be all frills, just because he hadn't done that. be ying cus he's yang. or be yang, cus he's ying. that's the point i'm making. and that's what i see as not fair.

and it's hard not to think this all has to do with the pain people are feeling now.

that this request wouldn't be so fervent, if all these people weren't in such pain.

yes...i truly believe you're asking him to change.

and that request has been, and always will be unfair. as it always is, when people always ask other people to change who they already are. i stand by that.

and...of course, as you know....and as been said on this thread, before, he's playing for millions. and many of them...the majority of them are usually on the fringes, and are expecting to see what the media imagines Michael to already be when he puts on a show.

Michael Jackson is P.T. Barnum. there is no changing that.

and finally, we both know that MJ does what he wants, anyway. we're getting P.T. Barnum, whether we like it or not. and i have a sneaking suspicion, that you don't exactly HATE it.

and he's not cancelling. as other artists have cancelled. he's top quality. all the time. even if he's hated for it.

Last edited:
i don't think you understand what i'm saying. i'm not saying that he shouldn't do unplugged work. i said that's part of his gig. but just one part.

i just get the feeling you are saying that you want the entire show to be no frills. scale down the entire show.

those moments you speak of, usually happen on a tv show. the liz taylor thing was a one off one moment song, on tv. it wasn't a string of scaled down stuff. the sammy davis was the same thing. just one off.

it's hard not to see all this request as asking him to do something, simply because he hasn't done it.

it's as if, if he was what you were saying, then, we should request he be all frills, just because he hadn't done that. be ying cus he's yang. or be yang, cus he's ying. that's the point i'm making. and that's what i see as not fair.

and it's hard not to think this all has to do with the pain people are feeling now.

that this request wouldn't be so fervent, if all these people weren't in such pain.

yes...i truly believe you're asking him to change.

and that request has been, and always will be unfair. as it always is, when people always ask other people to change who they already are. i stand by that.

and...of course, as you know....and as been said on this thread, before, he's playing for millions. and many of them...the majority of them are usually on the fringes, and are expecting to see what the media imagines Michael to already be when he puts on a show.

I'm not asking him to do ANYTHING. :doh: Sheesh! MJ can do what he wants and I am sure I'll enjoy his shows what ever they will be like, I'm JUST SAYING...that I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind if he just sang for two hours in a mere spotlight. I love his voice that much. How am I asking him to change if I just indicate HOW MUCH I love his voice? Sheesh!! And this isn't the first time I've said it. I've always said it. He's an amazing performer with amazing shows, and I love the shows, but at the same time I love his voice so much that I could just listen to that for two hours and be equally entertained. That is MY PERSONAL OPINION about how great his voice is and I do think I have a right to love his voice that much, damn it! :lol: Besides, he is SUCH a great performer he can make even a simple song amazing. He puts so much expression into his singing. I'm not asking him to change, I'm not telling him what kind of shows to do, I am merely saying that he could just sing songs in a spotlight and I'd be happy. Some other fans maybe wouldn't be entertained, but I would. Get it? I'm not talking in a "big picture" and trying to create a show for him. I am merely saying I love his voice so much that two hours of it live with nothing extra would make me just as happy as a state of the art show. How is that a bad thing?

I'm not asking him to do ANYTHING. :doh: Sheesh! MJ can do what he wants and I am sure I'll enjoy his shows what ever they will be like, I'm JUST SAYING...that I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind if he just sang for two hours in a mere spotlight. I love his voice that much. How am I asking him to change if I just indicate HOW MUCH I love his voice? Sheesh!! And this isn't the first time I've said it. I've always said it. He's an amazing performer with amazing shows, and I love the shows, but at the same time I love his voice so much that I could just listen to that for two hours and be equally entertained. That is MY PERSONAL OPINION about how great his voice is and I do think I have a right to love his voice that much, damn it! :lol: Besides, he is SUCH a great performer he can make even a simple song amazing. He puts so much expression into his singing. I'm not asking him to change, I'm not telling him what kind of shows to do, I am merely saying that he could just sing songs in a spotlight and I'd be happy. Some other fans maybe wouldn't be entertained, but I would. Get it? I'm not talking in a "big picture" and trying to create a show for him. I am merely saying I love his voice so much that two hours of it live with nothing extra would make me just as happy as a state of the art show. How is that a bad thing?

lol..i don't know where u get the idea that my post suggests that MJ has a bad voice, and that he can't sing something unplugged. i know he's great. the greatest on earth.

if you're not asking him to change what he's planning, cool. i do have to admit, i honestly got the impression, people were asking him to change his show plans. in fact, i got the impression people were demanding it.

lol..i don't know where u get the idea that my post suggests that MJ has a bad voice, and that he can't sing something unplugged. i know he's great. the greatest on earth.

if you're not asking him to change what he's planning, cool. i do have to admit, i honestly got the impression, people were asking him to change his show plans. in fact, i got the impression people were demanding it.

So far I haven't seen anyone DEMANDING MJ to change who he is or his plans, but considering the ammount of money some people have already spent, it's only natural for them to explore and discuss different options that might have avoided all the hassle the reescheduling is causing.

Summer makes a perfectly valid point actually, and she's just voicing her opinion...MJ will always do as he wants anyway, so our personal opinions won't make a difference in the plans anyway.

I got this letter here, so we do not have to worry about planes and hotels. We will assist with this deal.

Dear Members and Freinds of MJJCommunity

This thread has now turned into our official MJJC support thread of those who are in a serious situation therefore I need the below emailed to me so we can see what can be done on a grand scale,

MJJC is about community, we are all one big team and together we will do our best to get you all through this as easy as possible.

So I need

1. An email with your concert/question/complaint which will be subbmitted to AEG to

1. We need the details of your loss

• Your Name and forum name
  • Your concert date
  • Your seat Number
  • Your flight carrier
  • Your Hotel name and dates booked
  • The costs in which you have lost (estimated)
With the above information we will be personaly submiting this to AEG in a spread sheet format and we will also be on a grand scale contacting the hotels and airline carriers to see what we can as a major organisation do.

MJJCommunity is here for you, I have been hearing some really heart wrenching stories this evening and me and my team can not sit back and do nothing,

So MJJC is here for you

Nation 2 Nation

MJ will always do as he wants anyway, so our personal opinions won't make a difference in the plans anyway.
looks like we may need to put his rhetoric in our signatures or something, or have to always emphasise the blatantly obvious "in my opinion" around discussion, as to not vex such defensive responses that we see over and over again.

looks like we may need to put his rhetoric in our signatures or something, or have to always emphasise the blatantly obvious "in my opinion" around discussion, as to not vex such defensive responses that we see over and over again.

there isn't a person on the board who isn't guilty of a defensive response. of multiple ones.

I completely agree. Michael moved the concerts because he was not able to prepare everything and we must therefore resign. They created a group of people who will help us all with our problems and we should be thankful. Stop accumulate anger and send a bad mood to other people. We should be happy that the concerts will be at all.​

Michael moved the concerts because he was not able to prepare everything and we must therefore resign. They created a group of people who will help us all with our problems and we should be thankful. Stop accumulate anger and send a bad mood to other people. We should be happy that the concerts will be at all.​
[/quote]

vncwilliam you are on point.:clapping:

I can't believe some of you are already unsettled about the shows and yall haven't even seen them( that's why I won't be coming on here for a yall after the show because i know it no pleasing ppl). The doubting thomases up on here are like.. so sad. Michael can't win. Andways...Yeah I would say i would rather michael on stage with no frills if it was the big stage production that was the cause of my date being rescheduled too. I get it.:agree:

You guys have to think about michael's point of view too, put youself in his shoes. I feel like the fans get to caught up in what we want, "Me ME ME" and forget this is HIS life. It's not gonna be your name on the the headlines all across the world if the shows are criticized for being poorly produced and there are all types of tech problems. That's michaels butt on the line. So if kenny feels like he needs more time and he tells michael this, they discuss it and come to the conclusion that lets push the dates back, So we can have a proper show. But for the good of the shows as a whole, they have to push 4 dates back then so be it. They did what they had to. Yes it sucks BIG TIME. I really feel for you guys but, michael has to bring it, it's make or break time and if yall think michael is coming on stage with a flashlight pointing on him while he stands there and sing "why why, tell'em that its human nature" you're sadly mistaken. Beside when has micheal ever done it small???? You guy say like motown 25 that's what you want, but what made that so special was the moonwalk. That in itself was BIG too. Real BIG. He he was sing and dancing but the moonwalk took it to a whole nother level. Thats why he told Berry gordy that he wanted to do it his way and practiced his heart out to prepare for it. Michael planned and thought big and made motown 25 a spectacular and he's gonna do the same come july. The man has a vision and is an innovator. A part of michael is bring his ideas and creativity to life on stage and on a grand scale. How yall can even fathom him not going out with a BANG! I don't know.:doh:

That said...I think this would have been avoided if AEG hadn't of rushed things so quickly and planned this better and properly. I still do think there is another way then moving 3 dates to 2010. That's ridiculous! but If I was AEG I woulda done thing differently ALONG TIME AGO.

there isn't a person on the board who isn't guilty of a defensive response. of multiple ones.
icon2.gif

daphnieas said:
MJ will always do as he wants anyway, so our personal opinions won't make a difference in the plans anyway.

I can't believe some of you are already unsettled about the shows and yall haven't even seen them( that's why I won't be coming on here for a yall after the show because i know it no pleasing ppl). The doubting thomases up on here are like.. so sad. Michael can't win. Andways...Yeah I would say i would rather michael on stage with no frills if it was the big stage production that was the cause of my date being rescheduled too. I get it.:agree:

You guys have to think about michael's point of view too, put youself in his shoes. I feel like the fans get to caught up in what we want, "Me ME ME" and forget this is HIS life. It's not gonna be your name on the the headlines all across the world if the shows are criticized for being poorly produced and there are all types of tech problems. That's michaels butt on the line. So if kenny feels like he needs more time and he tells michael this, they discuss it and come to the conclusion that lets push the dates back, So we can have a proper show. But for the good of the shows as a whole, they have to push 4 dates back then so be it. They did what they had to. Yes it sucks BIG TIME. I really feel for you guys but, michael has to bring it, it's make or break time and if yall think michael is coming on stage with a flashlight pointing on him while he stands there and sing "why why, tell'em that its human nature" you're sadly mistaken. Beside when has micheal ever done it small???? You guy say like motown 25 that's what you want, but what made that so special was the moonwalk. That in itself was BIG too. Real BIG. He he was sing and dancing but the moonwalk took it to a whole nother level. Thats why he told Berry gordy that he wanted to do it his way and practiced his heart out to prepare for it. Michael planned and thought big and made motown 25 a spectacular and he's gonna do the same come july. The man has a vision and is an innovator. A part of michael is bring his ideas and creativity to life on stage and on a grand scale. How yall can even fathom him not going out with a BANG! I don't know.:doh:

That said...I think this would have been avoided if AEG hadn't of rushed things so quickly and planned this better and properly. I still do think there is another way then moving 3 dates to 2010. That's ridiculous! but If I was AEG I woulda done thing differently ALONG TIME AGO.

thanks.:)

as for the other person's response, which i can't multiquote...maybe that one is cryptic...i don't quite get it..maybe others will, placing differently on the race track to the finish. but it's not clear to me right now, except to say, everybody's got their own idea, so..lol(not referring to you, Mikejoefan, beyond the word 'thanks'.)

Last edited:
If Michael's show wasn't good enough you would all be the first to be up in arms and complaining. Yes its not good what has happened but these events shouldn't overshadow enjoying the shows. So much drama. Michael always wants things bigger,brighter, louder. Isn't that why alot of us fell in love in the first place?

what exactly do you expect after 1000+ posts on this mini-era defining topic
f_laugh.gif

shoot, this thread lost it on page 1...

I don't know if this was aimed at me or someone else but if it was meant for me, I don't really get it and obviously you don't get what I am saying at all either. To me it's pretty sad if some fans have to blame other fans for all kinds of reasons they make up in their own mind if others are satisfied with less than they themselves obviously are demanding from Michael. I said what I think and I will say again that I personally would be happy to just even watch a rehearsal or see MJ sing in a mere spotlight. I can't speak for other fans about what they want. I can only speak for me. And it feels a bit hurtful to be "crusified" by other fans for being satisfied with just MJ on stage in a spotlight, like that would be a bad thing. That I don't get. Or maybe we are all just misunderstanding each other. :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back