Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want him to stand there and sing live. any artist can do that. I believe MJ is going to pull of something really incredible and special. of course, i can't wait to see the dancing! can't wait for these shows to begin! :D

I don't mean literally stand there & sing! I just don't think he needs all the pyrotechnics, rocket powered back packs etc. His voice & dancing are magical on their own.

^^^^that's a beautiful sentiment, bowen but i guarantee, if Michael grants your wishes, you will find a whole army of people who will be really disappointed in the shows, and will complain, and probably sue. a lot of em just might be general public and media who will say he put on a cheap show, after putting fans through all the trouble to get there. he might as well be himself. in full.

YPPPI!!! My friend exchancged tickets!!
from 12 and 14 july to 30 july and 1st august!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for her!!!

it's not true that other artists plans for shows have never beef f***** up before.

That is Not what i meant.

What i meant to say was that most artist seem capable of planning their shows in such a way that they can actually take place on the sceduled day.
Its not THAT hard.

I realise it is not just Michael hewre but he should have been in control from the beginning and its obvious that he isnt.
This whole tour is not being handled in a profesional way.
First they screw up the ticketsales, now dates are re-sceduled....i wonder whats next.

Well, at this moment i am glad i also go to other concerts and these people actually make it on time and make sure the biggest fans are the first to buy tickets.

Look, i dont hate Michael and i'm sure that if july 16 goes on as planned i'll have a great time but i am reallyt really disappointed right now.
Why do they screw up, they are SUPPOSED to be the prof's here and rigt now i feelliek the average fan could do a better job that AEG/Michael planning this thing.

I really think that fans wouldn't mind having a more simple and "intimate" kind of show on the first dates without all the spectacle Michael is planning.
That way fans could still see him live without losing money. Don't you agree?
I totally agree! I'd love to see him do a simple show like that. My most favouite perfomance on Youtube is of Mike just standing on stage & singing LIVE

for sure.

such emphasis on the grandeur of the spectacle by Randy and Kenny is not all that attractive to some of us fans who just want to witness the focus on his exceptional musical genius.

i know that, personally, what Kenny and Randy were getting excited about in trying to hype up their 'product' is not at all resonating with what i expect from an MJ music concert, and the rhetoric is in fact quite underwhelming. but i won't be judging until i walk out of my first gig come July, if the excitement leaves any room for judgement that is.

if Michael gave some half-ass show .....fans would be the 1st ones to complain....

so if changing the dates give him more time to rehearse and give a good show... sorry but I can see why this had to be done...

just hopes it works out for all fans booked for those cancelled dates...

it was at viagogo.com
i'll ask her tommorow how it happened

Viagogo has handled this great. They gave us three options:

1) Keep the tickets and attend the rescheduled performance on the new date
2) Select an alternative date of your choice to no additional cost
3) Receive a full refund of the ticket purchase price and related service fees´

I had A2 tickets to 10th july but since the show was postponed and I had no possibility to attend the show in march I chose option 2.. and let me tell you, I got excellent seats once again. I got A2 tickets row E on 26th july!! Its better than the once I had for the 10 july show.

Im very happy about this and that viagogo did gave us these options.. However I will loose a lot of money because now I need to cancel my hotel and flight and re-book it to the 26.. so that sucks.

Im very happy about this and that viagogo did gave us these options.. However I will loose a lot of money because now I need to cancel my hotel and flight and re-book it to the 26.. so that sucks.
DO NOT CANCEL....re-schedule. if u cancel, you will pay a lot more. just change ur date, but keep the tickets. u'll pay a nominal fee to do that whereas if u cancel, you'll pay a bigger fee and then get a more expensive fare since u're starting again from scratch

DO NOT CANCEL....re-schedule. if u cancel, you will pay a lot more. just change ur date, but keep the tickets. u'll pay a nominal fee to do that whereas if u cancel, you'll pay a bigger fee and then get a more expensive fare since u're starting again from scratch

I talked to the airlines and they told me I have to pay an additional £150 to change the dates. This not might seem as much.. but it will affect my economy bad!

Because of this friggin recession the world is witnessing my boss at work have cut off many of my work hours.., plus I need to take ANOTHER week off from work now.. Im not even sure if I can take "back" the days I told I wanted vacation (early july because I was going to London).. so on the economy part, Im major screwed... I just hope I win the friggin lottery! I know I cant blame my economy on MJ and on AEG hahaha.. buut, its just really bad luck that all this crap happens at the same time. A bad coincident that they postpone the shows when the worldeconomy is down. Im just very lucky that I will attend his show in july as I wanted since I cant go in march.

Fan of MJ is one hell of a rollercoster! Lol

Well as I see, that it's great that fans can reschedule for another date,I'm not too crazy about fans who are trying to get their money back,have to pay a fee.That's not fair...It's not the fans fault that Michael's shows had to be rescheduled. I had a feeling that somethings weren't going to run smoothly for one reason or another. If they knew about Lady Madonna's concerts would interfere with rehearsals before ,they should had changed the date ahead of time.Or Maybe they didn't know,Maybe they thought they could still do the rehearsals.Sometimes things happen for a reason. I do feel for the fans who have Tix for the old dates.I hope they can be forgiving and try and see if they can make the new dates or just get their money back.I Know things will workout in time,I just hope Michael is ok.

what costs more? re-scheduling a flight or cancelling, paying the fees, and then booking a flight again?

as for taking days off, if ur not gonna need those days off, i'd assume u have enough time to switch the days as most places of employment only require maybe two months in advance. u wouldn't be doing too much.

and the people who post shit like that aren't fans, didnt' ahve tickets, and are using this as an excuse to bash him.

sorry but i hate eminem...u think ima pay thousands to go and see him and when he cancels, bash him? nope....they're not fans

Well as I see, that it's great that fans can reschedule for another date,I'm not too crazy about fans who are trying to get their money back,have to pay a fee.That's not fair...It's not the fans fault that Michael's shows had to be rescheduled. I had a feeling that somethings weren't going to run smoothly for one reason or another. If they knew about Lady Madonna's concerts would interfere with rehearsals before ,they should had changed the date ahead of time.Or Maybe they didn't know,Maybe they thought they could still do the rehearsals.Sometimes things happen for a reason. I do feel for the fans who have Tix for the old dates.I hope they can be forgiving and try and see if they can make the new dates or just get their money back.I Know things will workout in time,I just hope Michael is ok.

generous post. i hope MJ is ok too. and i hope the fans are ok and that things will truly work out. i do have faith based on MJ's track record, that it will. after all, the pattern in the world of MJ is, seeming chaos, hold breath, relief. and i'm certainly not blaming MJ. that's just how it is. there are so many situations in life where at first glance, the perception is to point fingers, when in reality, there are extenuating circumstances in a person's or peoples' lives.

I talked to the airlines and they told me I have to pay an additional £150 to change the dates. This not might seem as much.. but it will affect my economy bad!

Because of this friggin recession the world is witnessing my boss at work have cut off many of my work hours.., plus I need to take ANOTHER week off from work now.. Im not even sure if I can take "back" the days I told I wanted vacation (early july because I was going to London).. so on the economy part, Im major screwed... I just hope I win the friggin lottery! I know I cant blame my economy on MJ and on AEG hahaha.. buut, its just really bad luck that all this crap happens at the same time. A bad coincident that they postpone the shows when the worldeconomy is down. Im just very lucky that I will attend his show in july as I wanted since I cant go in march.

Fan of MJ is one hell of a rollercoster! Lol
Its really not fair!
well if i win the lotto ill be sure to get all us fans to the shows!!!!

This seriously does suck donkey pants and I'm thinking of all of you fans that are affected by this and hope you can make reasonable adjustments to your travel plans with little financial and other inconvenience. I'm still uneasy about my August dates!

I hear what you all are saying about intimate performances...but sometimes the what's in our head does not really add up to what Michael really is and really does. Michael is grand and synonymous with grandeur...anything otherwise may look as if he's creative/artistic capabilities have waned and he put little thought into bringing about a *show* -- so I can understand why he would want the big lights and production...In that respect I think the more intimate/ live/unplugged kind of thing is just bull**** when it comes to Michael Jackson.

This seriously does suck donkey pants and I'm thinking of all of you fans that are affected by this and hope you can make reasonable adjustments to your travel plans with little financial and other inconvenience. I'm still uneasy about my August dates!

I hear what you all are saying about intimate performances...but sometimes the what's in our head does not really add up to what Michael really is and really does. Michael is grand and synonymous with grandeur...anything otherwise may look as if he's creative/artistic capabilities have waned and he put little thought into bringing about a *show* -- so I can understand why he would want the big lights and production...In that respect I think the more intimate/ live/unplugged kind of thing is just bull**** when it comes to Michael Jackson.

i agree. i may not be able to see in MJ's head, but i'd like to go out on a limb and say, perhaps that is MJ's creative personality. we would not want to take away MJ's identity. we wouldn't want someone to ask us to take away what makes up our creative personality.

his once in a while intimate performances like the Sammy Davis, are probably just one part of who he is. and he may wish to be free with his entire creative personality. it may just be who he is. he's not Prince. He's not Mariah. and they are not him. and i, for one, do not want to cut into his personality, if that is what suits who he is.

i don't know of anyone who discovered one third of michael when they became a fan. most people cite motown 25 as their beginning of discovering him. and i dare say, that's the entire Michael Jackson.

i was not aware that donkeys wore pants ??

sorry, i could not resist that one Heheee :D

a2w4nb.jpg

Michael is grand and synonymous with grandeur...anything otherwise may look as if he's creative/artistic capabilities have waned and he put little thought into bringing about a *show*
who gives a toss about superficial "critics" who couldn't tell art from an X-Factor night. to a lot of us, "creative/artistic capabilities" are about the music, and the focus on natural talent; not the spectacle. and yes, yes.. before anyone digs into that ditch.

but i really wish Mike wasn't this famous. it bastardised his art and very possibly the potential of reaching much higher, unprecedented grounds.

a2w4nb.jpg

who gives a toss about superficial "critics" who couldn't tell art from an X-Factor night. to a lot of us, "creative/artistic capabilities" are about the music, and the focus on natural talent; not the spectacle. and yes, yes.. before anyone digs into that ditch.

but i really wish Mike wasn't this famous. it bastardised his art and very possibly the potential of reaching much higher, unprecedented grounds.

well we're all fans of his, and he hasn't lost the spectacle. a lot of us feel that it's all a part of his art.

i don't think art is afraid of great fame. i don't think he has lost a thing. the great beauty is that there is both a Stevie Wonder AND a Michael Jackson.

chi u know DAMN well jackasses wear pants...who else did the trial reporting in santa banana? duh?!!!!!

and um....MY only thought as to y this is being pushed back is b/c the stage and the concepts weren't as grand as they initially thought and it's gonna take them a lot longer to put together the stage for the show etc....and instead of deciding to scale back on teh grandeour, they want to push it to the limit and unfortunately it's at our expense but hopefully the show will more than make up for it.

isn't aeg providing a cheap or severely discounted hotel price?

You guys are a bunch of tools!!!!

I'm really touched that you all helped me out with the donkey pants -- especially the photo evidence --(lucky me! :p )

arXter - true ...but do you really think Michael's popularity jaded his artistry or do you think he used his popularity to really explore his artistic desires which are really of grand, sparkling, showman esque type of performances..? I know that we as his more meticulous fans appreciate his voice, emotive styles far more and his talents more intelligently than say the average fan/audience/curious follower who is really looking to be wooed by the moonwalk...but I think when it comes to a show of this calibre and given the circumstances (his long hiatus and back to a live tour/ residency with immense publicity) the intimate type of performance may fall short of everyones expectations (including the die hard fans -- my guess and I don't speak for all)...had Michael been perfroming, touring regularly then the more arcane intimate perfromance may have been gold.

I agree the critics are just rubbish unfortunately though (not that I'm fussed -- fail to sway me ) they completely overpower every medium of broadcast so they can be pesty if not satisfied.

images
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn...ahku.net:29437/pages/DoyouknowPic/carrot1.jpg

i don't know of anyone who discovered one third of michael when they became a fan. most people cite motown 25 as their beginning of discovering him. and i dare say, that's the entire Michael Jackson.

But that's my point exactly! When he did Billie Jean at Motown 25, it was just him on stage doing what he does best... he didn't need special effects to make it an awe inspiring performance. Personally, I think he's trying to live up to expectations (ie. the Dangerous/History tours) too much instead of concentrating on the more important aspects of performing. Just because a concert doesn't have jet packed rockets does not mean it will be half-arsed.

Anyway, no matter what I say, MJ will do what he wants so I'll (try to!) shut up now!

arXter - true ...but do you really think Michael's popularity jaded his artistry or do you think he used his popularity to really explore his artistic desires which are really of grand, sparkling, showman esque type of performances..?
i think had Mike been more dedicated to the music (including being more technically astute), we could very well have seen his talents transcend into Stevie Wonder level with the impact that he had on revolutionising pop music right from its roots - the music.

but as i said above, different strokes, and each fan has their own tastes even with someone that you'd think would 'unite' us in this sense.

and do you want me to bake you a cake with those carrots?

But that's my point exactly! When he did Billie Jean at Motown 25, it was just him on stage doing what he does best...
see for me, MJ doing the Motown 25 medley with his brothers outweighs his Billie Jean that same night, where the iconicity has always overrated it.

just one of the perfect live performances both in vocals and dancing:

Just because a concert doesn't have jet packed rockets does not mean it will be half-arsed.
yep, basically. in fact, it'll be better.

^ Thanks for that link... haven't watched that in ages! I've got the whole Motown 25 video somewhere.... must dig it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back