Songs which have been ripped off from others

arXter

Proud Member
i was listening again to Dr. Dre's albums today and i noticed a pretty disturbing similarity between his Dre Day (1992) and Stevie's So What The Fuss (2005) basslines (even using the same Moog synth). i can't find any comments on the net about this, but i can't be the only one who thinks Stevie blatantly jacked the driving bass of Dre's tune?

1zwemw9.jpg

So What The Fuss [2005]

21kkwhy.jpg

Fuck Wit Dre Day [1992]

also giddyup87 recently pointed out Craig David's swipe of Jon B's Don't Talk for his Hidden Agenda song. and also Ludacris's new tune resembling Mike's Someone Put Your Hand Out was posted yesterday.

post ones you picked up on..

There is a striking similarity there.

However, being early-90's Dre, he himself probably lifted the bass from another song or used a sample of sorts, so maybe Stevie even lifted that bass from someone else.

yup...lol

synth magic of Bernie Worrell:

200px-Kneedeepfunk.jpg

Funkadelic - (Not Just) Knee Deep [1979]

f_doh.gif

I have the "A Time To Love" album, and SWTF is credited to only Stevie himself, so I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt that it's just a coincidence. Definite similarities there though. (Dre of course credited the samples he used).

What about Michaels BLOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR? I heard a song called LASTN NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE, which has an identical bassline.

i'm gonna love this thread, lol.

Freestylers - Push Up
Shake Your Body - The Jacksons

I Can't Help It - Michael Jackson
Can I Call You - Marques Houston

Last edited:
I don't know how exactly similar they sound to others, but I always thought Genesis' 'I Can't Dance" always sounded a bit like "I Heard It Through The Grapevine". If you play them together they even blend a bit.

I Can't Help It - Michael Jackson
Can I Call You - Marques Houston

Fuck me sideways, I can hear abit of a similarity, but I can't put my finger on it.

Stonebridge - Put em high
Michael Jackson - Morphine

i hate mark ronson for ripping this song and not giving it credit!
actually they did credit the original composers (Ashford & Simpson) of that infamous chord progression. you can't get away without doing so in a pop standard like Ain't No Mountain lol so it can never be a rip-off but a tribute.

Amy and Mark have been the best thing to happen to the shittery we call Pop today.

i'm gonna love this thread, lol.

Freestylers - Push Up
Shake Your Body - The Jacksons
http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/audio/audio-player/player.swf

oh yeah noticed that one. :yes: :yes:

I always found a similarity between the opening part of the Bee Gee's "You win again" and the part in MJ's ghosts video clip prior to the big dance number when they start stomping and then all the ghosts start working their way to the roof.
(if any of that mad sense :lol: )

actually they did credit the original composers (Ashford & Simpson) of that infamous chord progression. you can't get away without doing so in a pop standard like Ain't No Mountain lol so it can never be a rip-off but a tribute.

Amy and Mark have been the best thing to happen to the shittery we call Pop today.

okay fair, but i woulnt say the best thing to happen lol ronsons album is shit & winehouse is a wreck and is finished.

okay fair, but i woulnt say the best thing to happen lol ronsons album is shit & winehouse is a wreck and is finished.
that didn't stop them from making the most successful album of these past several years lol. they've already influenced the sound of many copycats and genuine talent in their own generation of pop.

getting tired of the tabloid influence and personal life gossip getting between the music discussion..

Justin Timberlake "What Goes Around.."
Rihanna "Rehab" (Though JT wrote it ironically)

I don't know how exactly similar they sound to others, but I always thought Genesis' 'I Can't Dance" always sounded a bit like "I Heard It Through The Grapevine". If you play them together they even blend a bit.

I also think that Duffy's Hanging On Too Long melody sounds a lot like I Heard It Through The Grapevine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97fPXPnEGU

Tupac's "They Don't Give A F**k About Us" and MJ's "They Don't Care About Us". Tupac's chorus sounds very similar to MJ's.

The song was released in 2002 but likely recorded in 1996.

I think sometimes is just coincidental..I mean can you truly make something original....music has been around forever more than likely every thing has been done before...but I do think sometimes people get away with sampling and they don't give credit to the original artist....a couple people have gotten into trouble with that Vanilla Ice, The Verve, more recently Fabolous...sometimes the original artist sues for all the profits of the album or song...and actually Billie Jean has been ripped off a lot the bass line in it and I don't I've seen it credited most of the time

I know that Fall again was written by Robin Thicke and someone else for Invincible, I forget the name, but I know it went to Glenn Lewis and was performed on the Maid in Manhattan soundtrack.

LOL... one of Beyonce's new songs has the same melody as No Air - Jordan Sparks/Chris Brown :p

I know that Fall again was written by Robin Thicke and someone else for Invincible, I forget the name, but I know it went to Glenn Lewis and was performed on the Maid in Manhattan soundtrack.
Yes, Robin Thicke and Walter Afanasieff. I know that much.
'The Shape Of My Heart' was recorded in 1992 and released a year later on Ten Summoner's Tales.

cashemere
This group was influenced by mj I let you listen

Découvrez [url='http://www.deezer.com/fr/cashmere.html' t=_self]Cashmere[/url]!

Back