Songs you DO & DON'T want to hear live!

Re: Songs you DON'T want to hear live!

wanna "on the line".....

associated with lines of white-ripples\the advancing dolphin on the sea, dawning...
a huge voice was shaping above in the sky...
i always feel sounds are the first that rushed out of darkness ahead of lights @@

Last edited:

don't:
She's out of my life
Most of invincible (yeah they're great songs, but I don't know if they're the best 'concert' tunes.
Most of HIStory (again, not concert songs, but maybe SIM or Scream would go alright)

Do:
Classic concert songs including:
Billie Jean, Beat It, Smooth Crim, Thriller, Black or White, WBSS.
I know every one's heard these hundreds of times but c'mon, they get the crowd going like crazy :)
Also, The girl is mine with special guest paul mccartney :p
DSTYGE
PYT
DIRTY DIANA!!!
Rock my World
Dangerous
Give in to me
PLUS some of his expected new stuff :D

don't:
Most of invincible (yeah they're great songs, but i don't know if they're the best 'concert' tunes.

2,000 watts,dont walk away,speechless,heartbreaker,unbreakable,speechless,privacy,and threatend are perfect concert songs

Last edited:

Personally, I think fans need to be grateful he's even putting a hold on his life right now to perform for them. They need to stop feeling like they call the shots and stop taking the poor man for granted. Whatever he performs, just be glad you were there to see it. It's HIStory.

Personally, I think fans need to be grateful he's even putting a hold on his life right now to perform for them. They need to stop feeling like they call the shots and stop taking the poor man for granted. Whatever he performs, just be glad you were there to see it. It's HIStory.

i am for one am very grateful, but you can't expect people to speculate or express their dreams, its part of the fun and excitement of the build up.

I definitely don't care what he plays. It's all good with me, and new special effects add to it would be good too. Oh I would like to see new songs on there too. :)

when pple sya vince u guys act as if we want him 2do the whole album. the setlists needs 2be reworked with new tracks added in. invincible is a mike album so rightfully so some tracks shud be done. he can easily mix vince tracks in with the setlist. pple complained that he didnt tour no perform songs when it was released now heres the chance and pple r dissin it 2 see him do songs hes done a billion times. yes do billie jean,beat it and thriller. but give us sumthn we havent seen b4

I would love for him to do songs off of "Invincible". The album has some really great tracks. I can just imagine "Speechless". The whole arena would be mesmerized.

f_laugh.gif
i never understand why people say this in the middle of an opinionated discussion about what we, as individuals, would like to hear.

"calling the shots",,, lol.

please dont do the "ballads.." I so dont want to hear "You are not alone..." unless it is performed in the same "costume" as in the video...
and please dont close it with a ballad as the whole stadium will become a crybaby......

and please leave out the "ballads" from Invicible too.....like Earth song..no..please no..

so whatever the last song cant be a ballad....everyone wil cry... :(

lol@this post..so true..
MJ can sing the ABC song & I'm a Little Teapot (with hand movements) and I am still going to scream like a little school girl at the concert.

I dont like this thread why not make a positive one with what you like him to sing!!??

I REALLY don't want to hear 'The Lost Children' or 'Little Susie' (not that it's likely that he'll perform the latter, or probably the former). I can't stand The Lost Children, and Little Susie creeps me out.

I`ve seen Earth Song live. You all would be missing out on some of the greatest magic live if he did not do that song.

Same with Invincible album. Unbreakable is the jam for a live show.

But he can skip J5 medleys, you are not alone, heal the world and history.

Don't :
Most of Invincible (Except Speechless and Whatever Happens)
Girlfriend

Do:
Jam
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Dirty Diana
Give In To Me
Remember The Time
Liberian Girl
Stranger In Moscow
Billie Jean
Man In The Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Another Part Of Me
Thriller
Whatever Happens
Black or White
Off The Wall
We've Had Enough

I really don't care what he plays because I never saw him live before! :yes: But I will definitely love to see Billie Jean, the song made me a MJ fan! :wub:

out of the ones i think he *might* sing/mime, please no: earthsong, heal the world, speechless, yana...

Of course It's MJ. He'll do what people expect of him. I'd just love something totally different and new. Not the same setlist from each one of his solo tours. Even if heupdated the songs with new mixes like Madonna does.

OH.

HELL.

NO!

Madonna is DESPERATE to keep her hits fresh and new because she is scared of being "passe" ... Michael doesn't need that, his songs are TIMELESS, the way they are. So I'd rather he performed the whole concert with him saying "This is it" , "I love you more" and "How you doiiiiin!" ...

dont do any songs from Invinicible. Apart from Whatever Happens.

Don't

Jackson 5 Medley
You Are Not Alone
Butterflies (I know most of you will hate me for this but i think that this is the most overrated Michael Jackson song ever)
Heal The World

Do

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Billie Jean
Beat It
Human Nature
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Another Part Of Me
Man In The Mirror
Smooth Criminal
Who Is It
Give Into Me
She Drives Me Wild
They Don't Care About Us
Blood On The Dance Floor
Unbreakable

Don't:
Heal the world, although I love this song so much I think he has to concentrate on his popular songs.

Do:
Every song of invincible
Every classic song
J5 medley
Early 70's songs.
songs like 'someone put your hand out' or 'sunset driver'

DON'T:

No J-5 Medley *vomits*
Thriller
Human Nature
Bad
Smooth Criminal
Just can't stop loving you
Black or white
Heal the world
Will you be there
Most of Invinicible

DO:

Don't stop til' you get enough
Rock with you
Off the wall
PYT
The way you make me feel
Dirty Diana
Who is it
In the closet
Remember the time
Blood

Whaat? I live to hear Smooth Criminal, Will you be there or Human Nature haha... They are on my DO list haha xD
Honestly, there aren't really any songs i DON'T want to hear. He can sing the same song over and over again for all i care, i'm just so happy to be able to SEE him.
But well... i would'nt DIE if he didn't do Thriller, Rock with you or like... most songs on Invincible, except for Unbreakable, Invincible, Speechless and You rock my world.

Speechless
TGIM
The Lost Children
Anything from Music and Me and Forever, Michael
Rockin Robin
Little Susie
Smile
Childhood

Its hard, I would love to see him do most songs, but I suppose.

Black or white, Dangerous, Jackson 5 medley

Hi guys, I dont normaly comment on the boards... Im more of a browser! But this time I do feel quite strongly about the setlist. So here are my thoughts....

we all want these shows to blast MJ back to the top and we dont want anyone bashing him for not performing the classics, so leaving out songs like Smooth Criminal, Thriller, Beat It.... etc etc would be a huge mistake!

But I also think to many song the same as the Dangerous Tour would be bad also, as 99% of fans have the DVD

Here are my DO's....

Billie Jean.
J5 Medly (Can you feel it, blame it on the boogie, shake your body down)
PYT
Wanna be startin something
Thriller
Guitar Medley (Beat It, Give into Me, Dirty Diana)
2 Bad
Music and Me
Remember the Time
They dont care about us
Leave me alone
Smooth Criminal
Dont stop till you get enough
Rock With You
The way you Make Me Feel
Man in The mirror
You are Not Alone
Off The Wall
Baby Be Mine
Stranger in Moscow
Will You Be There

And DONT's....

Heal the world (great song but one "save the planet" song is enough for a concert)
CRY
Human nature ( Really dont like this song live)
She's out of my life (Overkill with this one, too mushy... we want a party)
I just cant stop loving you ( we've all seen it loads on DVD)
Bad
Lost Children (Lame song)
Gone Too Soon (I want a party.... this ones way to sad)
Is it scary
Ghosts

Generaly I think the shows need to be uptempo, with a few songs fans hav'nt seen performed live before plus all the classic bangers!!

Good Luck Mike, we know it's going to be fantastic whatever happens!

^ I like thay setlist a LOT. I pretty much agree with it.

If he does 2 Bad and Will You Be There, I will dieeeeeeeeeeeee :wub:

Oh, and I think you should add Speechless and Unbreakable in there, too.

Please note some of us never been to an MJ concert so Thriller is a must and Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal, btw I LOVE J5 Midley songs I love them all and I listen to them often!:wub:

Nothing wrong with voicing what songs we would not like to hear. I do believe Michael have a song or two he's not that fond of either.

I do not want him to perform Unbreakable, Invincible, Heartbreaker or any other song that have the word "break" in it LOL. I think the songs are allright, but it's nothing I want to hear live.

But for the rest, go a head with it!! But I would LOVE for him to include Give in to me, which hardly never got played live. It's a killer track!!!

We know he will play the usual Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat It, Wanna be Startin' Something, Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel and the likes; the superduper megahits. But I'm hoping he will choose many of the less popular songs like...the rest of 'em LOL.

Wouldn't it be cool if he did Is It Scary? Ahhhh :punk::wub:

I'm more scared he'll do another J5 medley again! Do we really need to hear it? I mean, if the Jacksons are special guests at a few shows then fine. But not without them!

i agree..if he does a J5 Medley...then his brothers should be there to perform it with him

DO
Unbreakable
Whatever Happens
We've Had Enough
Fall Again
Who Is It
On The Line

DON'T
J5 Medley

Last edited:
Back