This Is It UK Ticket News! [UPDATE: Post 111] [Merged]

Re: SonyPictures.co.uk has been updated

Where are we supposed to buy our tickets from?

I'm not sure, but if the cinemas are supposed to be selling them from the 27th September then Sony better hurry up and tell them about it! LOL.
also, they better get those posters up and TV commercials running.

Re: This Is It UK Ticket News!

This is the reply I got from Cineworld today, I emailed asking if it will be shown at my nearest cinema:

"'Michael Jackson: This Is It' is due to be released on 28th October
2009, programme information and booking details will be available a few
weeks prior to release."

So... do we buy tickets and then work out if we have to travel hundreds of miles to see it? It's just really annoying me now, I don't see the point in them doing it this way.

Re: This Is It UK Ticket News!

I got a reply from Cineworld today in response to asking about whether it would be shown at my local cinema. This is what they said:

Dear Ms. Howick,

Thank you for contacting Cineworld.

Currently we do not have any details on which Cineworld theatres will be
screening Michael Jackson's 'This Is It.' The website will be updated as
we are with further information on this film. The release date is set
for 30/10/09.

Thank you again for your enquiry.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Giles
Customer Services.

- Oh great! Thats helpful lol. Also they put 30th October to be released, its the 28th!! lol Crossing my fingers, looks like im gonna have to keep looking back to see.

A reply from REEL in York

Hi Magdalena,

Unfortunately we do not yet know what we will be playing that far ahead in the future as we only find out a week before. ‘It is’ is something we will be looking to show as there has been a lot of interest. Please feel free to contact us direct closer to the release of the film on:

01904 733 633

Regards
Pete Sutton

Manager
Reel York

I got a similar answer from Odeon in Harrogate

Thank you for your e-mail.

Whilst the documentary has now been given a UK release date, Friday 30th October, we do not yet know which of our cinemas will be screening it.

It has not been announced whether the documentary will be on national release (when most cinemas across the country can show it) or on limited release (where only a select few cinemas will be allocated prints).

The best we can recommend is to check our website www.odeon.co.uk on a week to week basis, specifically in the section entitled 'coming soon', as when we have more information on this film we would post it here.

We are sorry we cannot be of more help at this time.
Yours
Guest Services

You can usually book cinema tickets online on your cinema's website. So I'm sure the same will apply for This Is It.
Just search for the site of your local cinema on Google.
For example: I live in Swansea. So I do a search for: Swansea Vue or Swansea Odeon.

Yeah ill be booking mine online hopefully if they are showing it in the cinemas in swansea

A reply from REEL in York

Hi Magdalena,

Unfortunately we do not yet know what we will be playing that far ahead in the future as we only find out a week before. ‘It is’ is something we will be looking to show as there has been a lot of interest. Please feel free to contact us direct closer to the release of the film on:

01904 733 633

Regards
Pete Sutton

Manager
Reel York

I got a similar answer from Odeon in Harrogate

Thank you for your e-mail.

Whilst the documentary has now been given a UK release date, Friday 30th October, we do not yet know which of our cinemas will be screening it.

It has not been announced whether the documentary will be on national release (when most cinemas across the country can show it) or on limited release (where only a select few cinemas will be allocated prints).

The best we can recommend is to check our website www.odeon.co.uk on a week to week basis, specifically in the section entitled 'coming soon', as when we have more information on this film we would post it here.

We are sorry we cannot be of more help at this time.
Yours
Guest Services

that's helpful as i too live in harrogate :)

ta for that :)

This is so confusing...I just hope I manage to get tickets. That'll be a real big kick in the teeth if I don't. Nothing surprises me anymore though.

Nooooooooo! Not bloody ticketmaster pleeeeese!

I knew it. That's what I've been presuming all along. Selling it like a concert. They should just put it in cinemas as normal. Stand in a queue, get your ticket, available at every cinema. Not this malarkey. You'll probably have to pay more than for a normal ticket, just to put the icing on the cake.

I knew it. That's what I've been presuming all along. Selling it like a concert. They should just put it in cinemas as normal. Stand in a queue, get your ticket, available at every cinema. Not this malarkey. You'll probably have to pay more than for a normal ticket, just to put the icing on the cake.

Cockupmaster will ceremoniously do what they do best and cockup the whole bloody thing. I have never known them manage an event successfully so why should this be any different. You are absolutely right - they will not be able to manage the sales without their site crashing umpteen times - you will get almost to the point of completing the purchase and then they will tell you you have timed out! Aaaarrrggghhhh!

if any of you in wales get desperate you could always come over to west wales (cardigan) and watch it!! lol they have given dates, times and everything :)

Nooooooooo! Not bloody ticketmaster pleeeeese!

Odeon replied to me today saying they are finalising which of their cinemas are showing it and it should be on their site in the next few days and that they hope to have the tickets on sale - via their site - at Midnight on the 27th September.

Odeon replied to me today saying they are finalising which of their cinemas are showing it and it should be on their site in the next few days and that they hope to have the tickets on sale - via their site - at Midnight on the 27th September.

Thanks for this :)
All this ticketmaster talk is making me panic!

dont know if already posted but the vue cinemas in Leeds lights and kirkstall have it on their website

Yay! The Vue in Swansea have it listed on their website as Coming Soon.

Also just noticed vue in Swansea will be showing it woohoo!!

In Canada, I just called cineplex to know which cinema is going to have the movie, left a message, called again and the lady told me she would probably be able to call me back in 1 hour with the details...)
Let's hope!
I'll ask her for the 'how we buy ticket' thing.

*waiting*!

The Odeon Cinema in Birmingham isn't showing it :(
The Odeon sites only seem to show films that are currently available for booking. I'm sure it will be listed on the 27th. Probably under the Advance Book tab.

Hey she just called back (nice!)
Well.. not much new.. She told me cineplex doesn't know yet how many copie of the movie they'll get for Canada, she doesn't know if they'll get 2 copies for the whole county (WHAT??? PANIC!) or 50 copies. She still doesn't know which cinema is gonna have to movie because the distributor did not contact them about that.

She told me to call every week to have news.. but I said that the tickets are suppose to go on sale on Sept 27th. She said she doubt it will be the case in Canada as they haven't got any contact about this yet. She said if they do a pre-sale, they should know it but they don't.

I asked about ticketmaster, she said they never work with ticketmaster for the ticket sale so if we want to order online, we just go on cineplex site and do it (of course, not now because they don't have infos on which cinema etc...)

She told me to call again on Friday in case they would have more infos.

Btw.. thanks to that lady, she was really nice and cooperative, well done job!

Back