This Is It UK Ticket News! [UPDATE: Post 111] [Merged]

Re: This Is It UK Ticket News!

I just phoned my local cinema in Leicester and they said it is being released October 28th but apparently they won't know when it is definetely gonna be shown there until either the tickets go on sale or about a couple of weeks before it's gonna be shown

I used to live in Leicester and went to the old Warner multiplex (I think it's a Vue cinema now). One of the best cinemas I'd ever been to at that time. I'd be very suprised if neither the Vue or the Odeon in Leicester showed it.

oh i'm not feeling confident that i will get to see this :( i live an hour from the nearest multiplex and now i find out they might not even be screening it. eek! so wish i didn't live in wales, i miss out on everything!

Ditto. i don't now how i'm gonna get to see it either. :(

How come the cineworld website says its out on 16th October?

Michael Jackson: This Is It
Release date: 16 October 2009
Director: Kenny Ortega
Starring: Michael Jackson

any one near me in south wales thats wants to meet up and see this. i'm in chepstow. PM me please

This is the reply I received from Vue Cinemas:

"Dear Chris, Thank you for your email. Please be advised that at present we do not have confirmation from the distributors as to whether this film will be released at Vue cinemas. I would suggest that you keep checking our website www.myvue.com on a regular basis, you can also sign up to our mailing list here where you will receive a weekly email with performance times and information on our latest releases and up and coming events at your local Vue. I am sorry I cannot be of further assistance at present but I hope this helps. "

This is the reply I received from Vue Cinemas:

"Dear Chris, Thank you for your email. Please be advised that at present we do not have confirmation from the distributors as to whether this film will be released at Vue cinemas. I would suggest that you keep checking our website www.myvue.com on a regular basis, you can also sign up to our mailing list here where you will receive a weekly email with performance times and information on our latest releases and up and coming events at your local Vue. I am sorry I cannot be of further assistance at present but I hope this helps. "

My local ODEON gave a similar reply to me, seems like no one knows anything yet

How come the cineworld website says its out on 16th October?

Michael Jackson: This Is It
Release date: 16 October 2009
Director: Kenny Ortega
Starring: Michael Jackson

hmmm....weird.

Are tickets on sale?

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see it.

Anyone in the UK in Surrey (near Kingston-upon-Thames) want to meet to watch it?

Hi I could do that - I live in Epsom.

I am dreading seeing this - I so want to see him perform but the clips I have seen so far make me sad. I am going with my family - I know I will cry so I have just prepared myself for it. For some reason I just have to go but like others I think I would prefer to see it at home. Watching the memorial got me through a box of kleenex and much as I loved it , it hurt tool

Last edited:

Elusive why do you say it's like watching Michael dying? He died because of the drugs, not because of performing?

I understand why it's so hard to watch though - I'm looking forward to seeing how amazing he was... is... but at the same time it's gonna be TORTURE...knowing he's no longer with us... that he won't be performing and we won't be watching it... :( I'm going down to London to watch it with my friends as I couldn't go and see it on my own - I'd be sat there... alone... a blubbering mess... I need to be with people who understand ... :(

How come the www.thisisit-movie.com doesn't have the UK listed on the updates for this film. Is it getting a UK release at the end of October or do we have to wait until November/December or just get a Blu-ray/DVD release.

oh my god I am so feakin excited. i just found out from my local tiny 2 screen theatre that they will be showing this is it from 28th october. in west wales!!! haha there is hope for everyone now surely!!

also they have given me a full list of dates and times and they are going to be screening it til the 8th nov. so i don't know why massive multiplex cinema can't give full listings info yet!?

another EDIT: also thought i should mention about the ticket booking, they said i can just book as normal through them in early october. :) yay!

Last edited:

I just emailed my local Odeon and this is the reply i got:

"Dear Clarke,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are only able to confirm showing times on a week-by-week basis and will only have a confirmed list of films/times after 2pm on the Tuesday before your planned visit. We understand that this is not convenient when trying to arrange a visit to the cinema, however we are not told the details of the films available from the film companies until late Monday afternoon.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Yours,

Guest Services"

What the hell?

I will have to go and see it, I can't not, I just have to.
But like so many of us here, I know I will be reduced to a blubbering mess. And for some reason I'm so nervous about it - I guess because its gonna hurt so much to watch.
I think its a great idea if we go and see it together, I don't wanna go see it with random people and no1 I know will go with me - I'm certainly not strong enough to go see it by myself.
So I live in the south of England, in between Chichester and Brighton, so they are easy venues to get to - ANY ONE ELSE HERE FROM THAT KINDA AREA???
But I'm willing to travel a lot further so we can go and see it together.

R xxx

I looked on IMDB, Under Coming Soon is This Is It ( i just had to check )

I think it's actually October 28th though, not October 30th. Link: http://www.imdb.com/nowplaying/2009/10/

Scroll down and you'll see.

I have no idea which cinima to go to, because of what the audience will be like, plus, i don't know which cinimas are showing the film. I don't know how long it is etc..

I just hope it breaks records!

I will have to go and see it, I can't not, I just have to.
But like so many of us here, I know I will be reduced to a blubbering mess. And for some reason I'm so nervous about it - I guess because its gonna hurt so much to watch.
I think its a great idea if we go and see it together, I don't wanna go see it with random people and no1 I know will go with me - I'm certainly not strong enough to go see it by myself.
So I live in the south of England, in between Chichester and Brighton, so they are easy venues to get to - ANY ONE ELSE HERE FROM THAT KINDA AREA???
But I'm willing to travel a lot further so we can go and see it together.

R xxx

Something is being organised for london (see top sticky) so hopefully that will happen and we'll all be together

Hi I could do that - I live in Epsom.

I am dreading seeing this - I so want to see him perform but the clips I have seen so far make me sad. I am going with my family - I know I will cry so I have just prepared myself for it. For some reason I just have to go but like others I think I would prefer to see it at home. Watching the memorial got me through a box of kleenex and much as I loved it , it hurt tool

Oh, good to know there's another MJ fan close by! If you've arranged to go with family that's Ok but if they change their minds about going I'm going if I can get a ticket and would love to meet.

I wonder if the will show This Is It at the IMAX in London considering the concert had some 3D elements.

I'm slightly worried the cinemas around where I live wont be showing This Is It
Because it still isnt listed on their websites as coming soon.
I tried e-mailing their head office and they replied with aload of trash about its not possible for anyone to reply to my query :(

I wonder if the will show This Is It at the IMAX in London considering the concert had some 3D elements.

The concert was to have 3D elements, but Sony have confirmed that the documentary won't contain any 3D footage in the cinema.
I guess this might change for the DVD though (maybe the special edition DVD release will have it?) but I guess that depends on whether the 3D sequences were completed or paid for in advance. If it would cost money to complete the sequences, then I'm guessing Sony won't put their hands in their pockets for it. They're just doing this to make the most money they can. They may feel that adding 3D now at additional cost won't gain them enough extra sales.

The 3D aspects are completed. They will be on one if not more of the dvd's!

Do we know where this is showing yet? :unsure:

I can't believe Sony Pictures still doesn't have a link to register in the UK! What are they playing at?

if you register all you will likely get is an email on the 27th saying tickets go on sale lol which is not strictly true because the little independent cinema by me said i can buy tickets early october. don't panic guys. also i was wondering, has anybody seen the trailer as a commercial on tv yet?

Cineworld have it listed on their website now :D

Back