This Is It UK Ticket News! [UPDATE: Post 111] [Merged]

Re: This Is It UK Ticket News!

i have to see this but don't want to go on my own. any one here from south wales, near chepstow or bristol that would like some company? PM me if you want .

Cineworld have it listed on their website now :D

They've had it listed for at least a couple of weeks and even though they admitted in the reply to my email, that they got the date wrong on their site, they STILL have the wrong date listed.

This Is It WILL also be showing at Odeon cinemas in the UK. I work in the one in Preston in Lancashire, and have seen the poster :) Apparently the staff will be allowed to dress up on the release date aswell, so I'll be dressing up if im working ;)

And as far as I know, tickets will be available like any other. If they are on sale from the 27th or whatever, you will be able to pre-boook them as normal.

Hope this helps :)

This Is It WILL also be showing at Odeon cinemas in the UK. I work in the one in Preston in Lancashire, and have seen the poster :) Apparently the staff will be allowed to dress up on the release date aswell, so I'll be dressing up if im working ;)

And as far as I know, tickets will be available like any other. If they are on sale from the 27th or whatever, you will be able to pre-boook them as normal.

Hope this helps :)

Yeah, but according to the email responses people have been receiving from Odeon, Vue, Cineworld etc. nobody yet knows which screens will be showing the film.

Has the Odeon in Preston already received some TII posters? If so, then I guess your cinema WILL be showing it, but why don't Odeon just announce the information now instead of telling us that they won't know until the week before the film's released?

Yeah, but according to the email responses people have been receiving from Odeon, Vue, Cineworld etc. nobody yet knows which screens will be showing the film.

Has the Odeon in Preston already received some TII posters? If so, then I guess your cinema WILL be showing it, but why don't Odeon just announce the information now instead of telling us that they won't know until the week before the film's released?
Because, unfortunatly, they suck ass :(

Yeah, The one in Preston will definatly be getting it. We have a 3D screen aswell, so it should be interesting.

Huhwha?!!! :eek:

Just looked...did Cineworld mention in any email replies about the film being rated "U"?

Does anyone know if the Odeon in Kilmarnock, Scotland, will be showing "This Is It"? I'm worried because if they don't show it then I might have to wait till the DVD comes out to see the film. Can anyone please help and put my mind at rest?

Thanks guys. :)

Howdy guys.

Just thought I'd give you a wee update. I e-mailed Cineworld, this is what I asked them:

"Hi there. I was wondering, do you know if the Cineworld
in Glasgow will be showing Michael Jackson's "This Is It"? I saw the
film was listed on the website but no cinemas were listed to be showing
it. If you could please confirm whether Glasgow will be showing it or
not, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time
and help."

This was the reply I got:

"Dear Mr. Quinn

Thank you for contacting Cineworld.

In regards to your email, we will be showing 'Michael Jackson: this is
it'. At the present moment we have not been advised when we can start
selling tickets. Please keep checking the website for any updates."

I am so glad the Glasgow one will be showing it, coz that way I'll defo get to see the film now. Thank you Cineworld!! :D:D:D

My nearest Cinewrold is about 40 miles away. :( There is an Odeon in Exeter but it's a small one.... no idea whether they'll be showing it. There is a nice newish Vue though... anyone know if Vue are showing it?

This is really annoying me now, why is everything a big secret? I've emailed several cinemas over the past few weeks and all I get is "We cannot guarantee which cinemas the film will be shown at...blah, blah..." The closest I've got to knowing anything is from Odeon, they sent me this:

"It has not been announced whether the documentary will be on national release (when most cinemas across the country can show it) or on limited release (where only a select few cinemas will be allocated prints). "

So, thank you SONY, no doubt you'll be dissapointing millions of fans. Way to release a movie, Great job!

Glad cineworld and odeon are going to be showing This Is It, I've got both cinemas near me.

I've looked on Cineworld & Odeon website. Odeon aren't displaying it as 'coming soon' yet, not at the nearest cinema to me anyway. Whereas Cineworld are but only i think as overall, not in my area. So im gonna do the same & email the cineworld nearest me to ask if they are showing it- cross fingers! :D

The UK page is up for This Is It tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UK page is up for This Is It tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you link us please? :D

EDIT - Never mind, got it now :D

Last edited:

Could someone post a link to the UK site please.I can't find it :(

Thanks for the link!!! Do you think we will have to order the tickets online?

Thank you for the link! I hope to god that when the time comes, it's not this huge mess, I hope we just phone up/book online like normal.

all signed up :)

im already even more excited with the option it gives you to also recieve additional info on the DVD too . woop woop !

SonyPictures.co.uk has been updated

Unfortunately I can't see the film's UK page as I'm at work and flash player doesn't work, but the film is now listed under 'coming soon' on the main page.

This is the link to the film's page:

http://www.sonypictures.co.uk/movies/michaeljacksonthisisit/

Only 9 days to go until tickets are supposed to go on sale, so hopefully the cinemas should be updating their sites soon too!

Re: SonyPictures.co.uk has been updated

Where are we supposed to buy our tickets from?

Back