This Is It UK Ticket News! [UPDATE: Post 111] [Merged]

Re: This Is It UK Ticket News!

I wonder if the selling of the tickets will be organised by Tickshitmaster.Cockup again? Well that will run smoothly (NOT)!

with 95% of hthem given to viagogo!

I wonder if the selling of the tickets will be organised by Tickshitmaster.Cockup again? Well that will run smoothly (NOT)!

lol that cracked me up! Very true though.

lol that cracked me up! Very true though.

Gee thanks! I will never forgive them for the stress they put us all under! I have never known them to cope with ANY event successfully! lol

I wonder who will distribute the tix?

friend kinda summed this up to me the other night. this film is like watching mj die. thats why im dredding it

friend kinda summed this up to me the other night. this film is like watching mj die. thats why im dredding it

:cry:

This is so hard...I feel like I have to see it but I don't want to. Eugh...why didn't they just put it to DVD? Its so wrong to put it in cinemas!!

Sorry for asking but........ i live in France and would like to see the movie when its released here, will i have to go on the internet to buy a ticket ?

I'll definitely be there although I agree with others about the whole ticket thing. It will be a nightmare to get a ticket and things are really hard for us as it is.

Just a quick question - where do we register early next week or will that be announced later?

blue_eyed_belle and Joe911 - I am from Hull too - but Im afraid I will be in the states when this is released!

I think i might be in Germany when its released,or atleast for its first week. But hopefully i'll get to see it when im back. Apparently they are pushing for a DVD release end of november/early december,so if we dont get to see it in the cinema we will get it on dvd shortly after :)

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see it.

Anyone in the UK in Surrey (near Kingston-upon-Thames) want to meet to watch it?

nothings been announced yet interms of buying tickets. u can registar for info on sonys site so when something is announced you will get an email

Thanks for doing this :D
been a bit confused

I wanna see this with MJ fans. Not with a bunch of snack eating people who are rude and could care less what they watch. I really want to see this in the theatre... but if someone is being rude or loud next to me I swear I will freak out. I am excited and scared at the same time. I know I will cry soooo much.

Why can't they just release this like a normal movie? Everyone go to the cinemas and buy tickets to go and watch it like what we usually do? And with the normal cinema ticket price.

I bet this is going to be just like when the concert tickets were on sale - MAYHEM!

I contacted Sony Pictures by email because the registration web
site only lets you register if you are in the US.

This is the response that I received -

"Michael Jackson's This Is It will be released in the UK

--UK release date: 10/28/09

-- A registration page for the UK should be available by early next week so UK residents can register for updates

--Tickets will go on sale in most cities beginning on Sunday, September 27

Thank you for contacting Sony Pictures."
thanks ,when the registration page is up,you will obviously let us all know,and give the link,thanks again,

i so need to go and see this but like most of you i want to go with fellow fans but i don't know anyone who feels like me so will have to go on my own unless theres anyone here close to Chepstow south wales or Bristol that would like to meet up?

Michael would want people to see this film, especially his fans.

So I really don't get why some people say they will not see this. This is MJ's Legacy, this is what he did, this is what he loved, this is what he wanted the world to see.

Soo if you respect MJ, go see the movie. Make people go and see it, and let's break yet another record for our beloved King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Im sorry but this statement really upset me! I have respected Michael all my life, and out off respect i am not sure if i want to watch something that includes his funeral memorial etc! If this was just Michael putting together this amazing show then yeah i would have no problems going to see it! I will find it soooo hard to watch and other people who are worried about seeing it dont need people saying this sort off comment! *breath*

Thank you so much for posting this, I was getting worried that we in the UK (I live in Scotland) would not get to register. This has put my mind at rest.

Sony Pictures UK are a bit slow updating their site!

I will go..but i'm dreading it..gonna feel awful whilst watching it.

I would prefer to see this on Blu-ray in comfort of my home and the longer it's on the cinema the longer we'll have to wait for the release, hence why Sony have given it a limited 2 week release so it can be out for Xmas.

The Odeon just replied to my email and strangely said it was being released on 30th October and they didn't know which screens would be showing it yet. I guess there's still some confusion about this. Hopefully they'll get it all sorted soon.

Dear Chris

Thank you for your e-mail.

Whilst the documentary has now been given a UK release date, Friday 30th October, we do not yet know which of our cinemas will be screening it.

It has not been announced whether the documentary will be on national release (when most cinemas across the country can show it) or on limited release (where only a select few cinemas will be allocated prints).

The best we can recommend is to check our website www.odeon.co.uk on a week to week basis, specifically in the section entitled 'coming soon', as when we have more information on this film we would post it here.

We are sorry we cannot be of more help at this time.

Yours

Guest Services

Last edited:

oh i'm not feeling confident that i will get to see this :( i live an hour from the nearest multiplex and now i find out they might not even be screening it. eek! so wish i didn't live in wales, i miss out on everything!

I just phoned my local cinema in Leicester and they said it is being released October 28th but apparently they won't know when it is definetely gonna be shown there until either the tickets go on sale or about a couple of weeks before it's gonna be shown

Back