Tohme Tohme is Back and seeks financial records of MJ's estate

mkgenie

Proud Member
Former Jackson manager seeks financial records
(AP) – 2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Michael Jackson's final business manager is seeking detailed financial records from the singer's estate, arguing that the sealing of the documents could prevent him and other creditors from being paid.
Business manager Tohme Tohme has claimed he is entitled to at least $2.3 million from the estate.

In a court filing Tuesday, Tohme's attorneys argue he and other creditors should have access to unredacted copies of a report filed last week by estate administrators on Jackson's post-death finances.

Tohme's motion seeks access to revenue, expense and profit information that is not publicly available.

Jackson estate attorney Howard Weitzman had not seen the motion and says he could not immediately comment.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...sBsS5YVilTVuapWmQ4JgD9IH8CC80?docId=D9IH8CC80

Tohme Tohme is Back

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/28/ap/celebrities/main6909514.shtml

Former Jackson Manager Seeks Financial Records

(AP) LOS ANGELES (AP) - Michael Jackson's final business manager asked a judge Tuesday to unseal detailed financial records from the singer's estate, arguing that the sealing of the documents could prevent him and other creditors from being paid.

Business manager Tohme Tohme filed a claim saying he is entitled to at least $2.3 million from the estate. The filing also claimed he is entitled to a sizable percentage of revenue from the film "This Is It."

The movie featured clips from Jackson's rehearsals for a series of comeback concerts.

Tohme claims he negotiated the contract for the concerts and is entitled to 15 percent of the revenue from the movie, DVD sales and album.

Tohme's attorneys argued in the filing that he and other creditors should have access to unredacted copies of a report filed last week by estate administrators regarding Jackson's post-death finances.

The motion seeks access to revenue, expense and profit information that is not publicly available.

Jackson estate attorney Howard Weitzman had not seen the motion and said he could not immediately comment.

The estate's filing included a summary of the business deals reached since Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, at age 50. Columbia Pictures paid $60 million for the rights to "This Is It" in a three-way deal between the studio, Jackson's estate and concert promoter AEG Live.

Many of the deals required approval by a Los Angeles judge, who has already sealed some of aspects of the agreement. The estate had argued certain details would harm future negotiations.

Tohme's motion argues that if the detailed financial figures are not publicly released, they should be provided to creditors who have filed claims against Jackson's estate. Some claims have been paid, although others by former Jackson associates have gone unpaid.

Some of the claims are currently the subject of lawsuits.

A hearing on sealing the records and Tohme's motion is scheduled for Oct. 7.

Re: Tohme Tohme is Back and seeks financial reports of MJ's estate

according to estate report

Tohme had filed a creditor's claim for $2.3+M at November 09. Estate took no action - meaning that they didn't pay it but didn't say that they wouldn't pay it either.

Re: Tohme Tohme is Back and seeks financial reports of MJ's estate

according to estate report

Tohme had filed a creditor's claim for $2.3+M at November 09. Estate took no action - meaning that they didn't pay it but didn't say that they wouldn't pay it either.

Most interesting indeed.
What was that about "him and other creditors"?

That promises to get interesting.

Truly quite deplorable. When will the vultures leave my baby alone? I am getting sick of hearing about how everyone and their mother wants a share from the Michael Jackson estate due to some obscure, utterly ridiculous reason/claim. Get a bloody job and stop trying to steal off of a dead man.

This Tohme Tohme is a shady character until the end. I get nothing but bad vibes from him. He should leave Michael's money alone. He took enough already. Then again, these people don't know the concept of "enough." It is my hope that their avarice will prove itself to be their downfall, and that when the day comes, the fall be hard, fast and fatal.

the nerve of the guy ....

:angry:

Re: Tohme Tohme is Back

Tohme claims he negotiated the contract for the concerts and is entitled to 15 percent of the revenue from the movie, DVD sales and album.

How it's possible? the original contract didtn"t mention movie, dvd or album. these deals were negociated by Branca

If he truly set up the tours and handled the contract details and all of that, he'd be entitled to the revenue of the film and related products. As Ivy said, the Management report makes note of Tohme's claim and has yet to take action on it, he just seems to have no patience, understandable coming from a money hungry, greedy, and deceitful man like "Dr" Tohme Tohme.

This Tohme Tohme is a shady character until the end. I get nothing but bad vibes from him. He should leave Michael's money alone. He took enough already. Then again, these people don't know the concept of "enough." It is my hope that their avarice will prove itself to be their downfall, and that when the day comes, the fall be hard, fast and fatal.

absolutely, and totally.

so why didn't he take the $2.3mil out of the money he stole??!!
I know! This man is so shady, like another psoter said I egt bad vibes from him. He has an ageneda and it seems Michael finally saw that and got rid of him.

If he truly set up the tours and handled the contract details and all of that, he'd be entitled to the revenue of the film and related products. As Ivy said, the Management report makes note of Tohme's claim and has yet to take action on it, he just seems to have no patience, understandable coming from a money hungry, greedy, and deceitful man like "Dr" Tohme Tohme.

The show did not happen. Most of the money raised from the film was to pay the producer. The album has nothing to do with the contract.

And always thought where is this guy, is he still on the dentist's chair so he could not be interviewed by L.King ? Michael was surrounded by vultures that pretended to be associates or friends and suck his money and blood, that is all I know ! He is the only dead person who still gets sued !!
And who brought Thomme to Michael's life ....

June Gatlin, his spiritual advisor, made public for Today’s Show a taped conversation between her and Jackson in September 23, 2008, regarding Thome Thome, “with his permission’, she claims. I know people had doubts regarding the authenticity of the tapes and the sanity of this woman, but that is really Michael’s voice that can be heard. “He had taken over Michael’s complete life! He had taken over. […] Michael was definitely afraid of him. That’s an excellent word: definitely afraid. […] He was afraid of who this man is, afraid of whatever this man may or be capable of doing. […] He told me, “June, I don’t like him, I don’t trust him. He’s vain, he’s trying to keep me and separate me from everything and everybody I love”, Gatlin says. Michael Jackson can be heard saying: “Last time we spoke, you told me to check on Dr. Thome and I did a complete checking. This guy, he just has ways about him that looks (sic) like he’s… see what he’s done.. There’s a divide between me and my representatives, and I don’t talk to my lawyer, my accountant. I talk to him and he talks to them. […] I know it’s not good. I don’t like it. I wanna get somebody in there with him that I know and trust. I mean, I don’t know what’s in my accounts. I don’t know.. […] I know it’s not good. […] I totally agree with that. That’s why I’m calling you.”

For more on Thome and his shady ways here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoA4k9XTnE&feature=related

-- from http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/ --

And always thought where is this guy, is he still on the dentist's chair so he could not be interviewed by L.King ? Michael was surrounded by vultures that pretended to be associates or friends and suck his money and blood, that is all I know ! He is the only dead person who still gets sued !!
And who brought Thomme to Michael's life ....

Supposedly Michael's dear brother Jermaine brought Thome into Mike's life when Neverland was on the verge of foreclosure. You never hear Jermaine mention it do you?

so why didn't he take the $2.3mil out of the money he stole??!!

why would we advocate that he steal from Michael? Like him or hate him, it's always better that he goes through legal ways to get money. Estate (and their lawyers) are more than capable. If Tohme has a legit claim he gets paid, if he doesn't the estate can fight him in court.

Most interesting indeed.
What was that about "him and other creditors"?

That promises to get interesting.

I believe the argument is that by not knowing how much money the estate made it's impossible for him and other creditors to determine whether the estate doesn't have the money and therefore not paying him yet or whether estate has the money and chooses to make him wait and/or not pay him.

side note : we all know that the estate made substantial amount of money but we don't know is that how much of it is freely available as cash (to pay creditors) and how much of it is tied as investment, debt, tax payments etc.

How it's possible? the original contract didtn"t mention movie, dvd or album. these deals were negociated by Branca

Like AnnieRUOkay89 said if he's the one that set the contract for TII concerts and the rehearsal footage happened because of it he can claim he's entitled to a share. (Plus his contract/ agreement could have said "current and future projects related to TII). We don't know.

In any case I'm sure that the estate is more than capable to handle any claim that comes their way.

So that iguana has surfaced, no surprise there. All he wants is to put MJ's financial business out there more than it is!

I swear the minute I saw that man I was like, shady , shady, shady! How Michael could'nt realise until it was too late that some of these people around him were only there for their own greedy interests still surprises me.

Thank you Ivy, for another balanced post.

why would we advocate that he steal from Michael? Like him or hate him, it's always better that he goes through legal ways to get money. Estate (and their lawyers) are more than capable. If Tohme has a legit claim he gets paid, if he doesn't the estate can fight him in court.

Right. There was a lot of confusion in those last weeks about who Michael's manager really WAS. At one point, we had Leonard Rowe, Tohme, and Frank DiLeo all claiming that slot. A paper trail will show who is entitled to revenues from TII and associated products, and it's a matter for the courts.

I believe the argument is that by not knowing how much money the estate made it's impossible for him and other creditors to determine whether the estate doesn't have the money and therefore not paying him yet or whether estate has the money and chooses to make him wait and/or not pay him.

I believe he filed a creditor's claim months ago, and nothing was done about it. This may be a way to motivate the executors to address his claim, one way or another?

side note : we all know that the estate made substantial amount of money but we don't know is that how much of it is freely available as cash (to pay creditors) and how much of it is tied as investment, debt, tax payments etc.

It's possible that what Tohme wants, also, is a reason why his claim was not addressed? If it's valid, i.e. if he was the "manager" who negotiated the TII contract, then the courts may rule that he is entitled to payment. Just depends on the court's ruling. We know that Frank DiLeo did not negotiate the TII contract (he was busy with the AGE nonsense, and the court ruling was against him. An appeal has been filed, right?) It's already been ruled that Raymone Bain did not negotiate the contract. And Leonard Rowe did not.

Like AnnieRUOkay89 said if he's the one that set the contract for TII concerts and the rehearsal footage happened because of it he can claim he's entitled to a share. (Plus his contract/ agreement could have said "current and future projects related to TII). We don't know.

Right. We don't KNOW, yet. Depends on what paperwork there was, and how the contract reads, and its date.

In any case I'm sure that the estate is more than capable to handle any claim that comes their way.

Well, they haven't handled this one YET, since November. They just tabled it. I think a decision should be made one-way-or another, so all can move on.

No,no no i did all that I was the one who suggested to Michael to do the concerts.... OMG man this guy really needs a job! he cant lie his way into money he has to try and STEAL it! jerk off! damn!

...Right. There was a lot of confusion in those last weeks about who Michael's manager really WAS. At one point, we had Leonard Rowe, Tohme, and Frank DiLeo all claiming that slot. A paper trail will show who is entitled to revenues from TII and associated products, and it's a matter for the courts.

Exactly, and 2 out of 3 made their way over to the hospital that fateful day...

Maybe that is another reason the Estate hasn't moved on that claim- if 3 guys claim managerial position- paying one opens an automatic door of claims to the others?

All very mysterious, as usual.

Although all others that felt they were creditors simply filed their claims without this sort of follow-up= isn't Thome the first one to file for these documents in connection with having a claim? Or did I miss somebody who furthered their claim with additional motions like this?

The show did not happen. Most of the money raised from the film was to pay the producer. The album has nothing to do with the contract.

It doesn't matter, legally he has a valid claim, IF and only if he really played the role in contractual negotiations that he says he did. Without contract negotiations, and his involvement, there would have been no tour to begin with, if that is truly the case, such as he claims. If that's the case, he'd have some responsibility over Michael's appearances in the film, and images of his likeness from the film in related products, such as the album. Now, I'm not saying he should be given anything just yet, because he's a known snake, and he may not be honest about his involvement, but if he is, then by the law, he'd be entitled to some revenue raised by This Is It.

Last edited:

They sure did. . . and others, too, who were not family. It was quite a crowd. And then, of course, it was Tohme who spoke first at the press conference at the hospital. Frank DiLeo didn't speak at ALL. Tohme introduced Jermaine, who seemed to have appointed himself "family spokesperson." Did the family want that? We don't know. . . Tohme has a long association with Jermaine. (He is also Randy Philips ex-brother-in-law, for whatever that might be worth?)

Maybe that is another reason the Estate hasn't moved on that claim- if 3 guys claim managerial position- paying one opens an automatic door of claims to the others?

I would think it would be the opposite? Whoever was manager at the time the contract was signed, may be due payment. But not the others. Surely there must be documentation for whoever really WAS manager when the contract was signed? I find it strange that the executors didn't act on his claim, one way or another?

:doh:

Although all others that felt they were creditors simply filed their claims without this sort of follow-up= isn't Thome the first one to file for these documents in connection with having a claim? Or did I miss somebody who furthered their claim with additional motions like this?

Different claims were handled in different ways. Some claimants have been paid and those debts erased. Some were denied, such as Raymone Bain's claim, which did not succeed at court. (I think she's filed an appeal, but not a motion to have access to the financial report in its entirety. Not yet.) Some claims were not acted upon at ALL. Tohme's was one of those. His claim was filed last November. It's now approaching a YEAR, and the executors have not addressed it. (We have no idea why not. . ) And yes, as far as we know, Tohme is the first one to ask for a copy of an unredacted financial statement. There is potentially a significant amount of money at stake, beyond the figure already named.

It doesn't matter, legally he has a valid claim, IF and only if he really played the role in contractual negotiations that he says he did. Without contract negotiations, and his involvement, there would have been no tour to begin with, if that is truly the case, such as he claims. If that's the case, he'd have some responsibility over Michael's appearances in the film, and images of his likeness from the film in related products, such as the album. Now, I'm not saying he should be given anything just yet, because he's a known snake, and he may not be honest about his involvement, but if he is, then by the law, he'd be entitled to some revenue raised by This Is It.

Well, there are not a tour and we do not know what is written in the contract.

Moreover, the loser was not involved in the new contract with Sony.

I believe he filed a creditor's claim months ago, and nothing was done about it. This may be a way to motivate the executors to address his claim, one way or another?

It's possible that what Tohme wants, also, is a reason why his claim was not addressed? If it's valid, i.e. if he was the "manager" who negotiated the TII contract, then the courts may rule that he is entitled to payment. Just depends on the court's ruling. We know that Frank DiLeo did not negotiate the TII contract (he was busy with the AGE nonsense, and the court ruling was against him. An appeal has been filed, right?) It's already been ruled that Raymone Bain did not negotiate the contract. And Leonard Rowe did not.

Well, they haven't handled this one YET, since November. They just tabled it. I think a decision should be made one-way-or another, so all can move on.

True Tohme had the creditor's claim since November and true the executors should have made a decision one way or another.

side note: I think as far as Raymone Bain, the reason for rejection is that she signed a document that discharged all the parties from future claims and payments. She still claimed a share of revenue from TII but I believe that signed document was the reason for her claims rejection. And the appeal is still ongoing.

Leonard Rowe filed a claim for $51K and he has been paid.
Frank Dileo doesn't have a creditor's claim against the estate.

There are several other claims that estate took no action, some of them have filed for a lawsuit to get the money by a court order.

oh please....that is NOT the reason that he needs the financial records. IF he doesn't already have them,

Michael said himeslf that Thome had acess to his finance and everything. And Thome said himself that he was in total control of Michael's business and personal affairs.

So Michael owing him money is NOT the reason. It's common sense. He turned over $5 million of Michael's money back over to the estate. And he did this publicly with cnn announcing the news. If Michael honestly owed him money, Thome wouldn't have turned in the entire 5 mil that Michael owed him some of.

And NOT ONLY THAT! Who was the one writing Michael's checks?? It was Thome Thome! How can you not forget to pay your own self?????

Last edited:
Back